[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT PIANO conservatory trained expert here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: minimoog-model-d3.jpg (357KB, 1178x716px) Image search: [Google]
minimoog-model-d3.jpg
357KB, 1178x716px
I ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT PIANO
conservatory trained expert here
>>
Learning chords
>>
How does it feel to know you'll being teaching kids piano for the rest of your life?
>>
I've had a lot of trouble site-reading some jazz pieces in my highschool ensemble. I don't have a private teacher at the moment. What's the best way to practice my site-reading on my own?
>>
>>52252084
Why did you post the superior instrument, instead of a piano?
>>
>>52252102
good for you. what questions do you have
>>
>>52252117
i don't teach kids piano, you tard
but i can. what do you want to know about teaching kids? i know plenty of pedagogy
>>
>>52252117
Wait, do you seriously not think there's a huge demand for piano accompanists?

And you say this like it's some horrible thing. Even if that was all he'd be doing, that's a decent, respected living.
>>
Please describe the road from "knowing some chords and shit" to "being able to jam out smooth melodies"
>>
>>52252129
sight reading is all about practice. the only way to become better at sight reading is to practice sight reading every day. constantly find new music and process it all the time. also, listen to the songs on youtube and play along
>>
>>52252132
i couldn't find a pic of a piano.
plus i am also a music technology sexpert too so throw me those questions as well.
>>
>>52252158
pianists have many options. they can teach kids. they can accompany. they can play cocktail hours,. they can be dueling pianists. they can be musical directors. they can play for churches. they can play keyboards for a list celebrities
>>
>>52252167
the road is a series of experiments. you have to travel the road many many times. find a simple chord progression that you can work with, even if it is just 2 chords going back and forth. then slowly develop those right hand chops consistently, over time. do it everyday. melodies will eventually come to you
>>
>>52252179
Thanks! That's what I hear a lot, and I've seen some improvement in the past months, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be.

It doesn't help that the other pianist in the ensemble I'm playing with went to the all-state jazz ensemble for piano.

Another question: What is the most important thing to remember while soloing in any jazz piece?
>>
>>52252273
don't be intimidated by any "all-stater". there's no reason that you can't bring your own set of talents to the table that perhaps they don't possess. plus, you are young if you're still in HS. don't sweat it, music is about enjoyment and fulfillment - not competition with someone else.

soloing in jazz == LISTENING! you have to really listen to how it fits. and if you play something that DOESN"T fit, MAKE it fit. or adjust it and keep going. jazz is free, be bold, be experimental, but always listen.
>>
>>52252198
you couldn't google "piano"?
>>
>>52252729
why don'[t you do it and post a nice picture
it will surely save this thread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.