[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just listened to their entire discography for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: hMIDVb3.jpg (114KB, 1078x842px) Image search: [Google]
hMIDVb3.jpg
114KB, 1078x842px
So I just listened to their entire discography for the first time. As someone who used to look down on their fans and thought it was just odd-future tier edgy teen shit I wan't to apologize from the bottom of my heart. The lyrics are actually incredible. I'm overwhelmed by how much substance there is in most of their tracks. I just wanted to apologize for calling it stupid gimmicky shit.

It's rare that we have artists like these. There are people on this board right now who (like I used to) will dismiss DG and make fun of it's fans despite having listened to only half a track. I urge you guys to change your ways and either give them another chance or change your ways because your comments are entirely misguided.
>>
Good going OP, you excited for Jenny Death?
>>
I didn't get the hype at first (started listening a when TMS came out) but when NOTM hit it clicked and it was fucking amazing
>>
>>52108737
Nice try Stefan
>>
death grips more like shit grips lmao get owned
>>
>>52108802
hey man too soon
they aren't death grips they're dead grips now so quit it with the jokes
>>
>>52108780
Yeah, I'm glad I get to experience a new DG album with /mu/ as corny as that sounds. Found the reactions to Inanimate Sensations and how they've chanegd since to be interesting

just glad i didn't get into them after jd was released
>>
>>52108861
>just glad i didn't get into them after jd was released
I'm still not entirely convinced it will be the last album they make together.

The more I think about it, the more a fake 'death' (on something as stupid as a napkin no less) seems like exactly the sort of batshit thing they'd try, just to see what happened and manipulate everyone. Alternatively, 'Death Grips is over' doesn't preclude them from starting some other new 'conceptual art exhibit'
>>
File: 1383297143414.jpg (815KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1383297143414.jpg
815KB, 2560x1440px
>>52108861
Now imagine this:
You've hype about dg, you can't wait to see them live. They're playing in San Fran with Soundgarden and NIN. You don't give a shit about either of those bands or the fact that SF is a 4 hour drive. It is the closest DG show. You spend 80$ on tickets, and then they release the note on FB.

That is me and when I read the note I just laughed and banged my head against a wall

Good band though
>>
>>52108737
this should be sticky

what's your ranking for their discog, OP?
>>
File: Sktl0aJ.jpg (384KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Sktl0aJ.jpg
384KB, 2000x2000px
awesome thread. i made one just like it about a year ago, i had to say sorry for all the shit i talked to the fans of this band. I didnt get it yet.
>>
>>52108956
I don't know if theres any merit to my opinion because of how new I am to them, but I doubt they'll continue on making music anytime soon. A band breaking up and continue to put out music seems like a publicity stunt- not something I think DG are into despite all the crazy shit they've done. However, I could see them putting out music out of the blue 5-10 years from now. Again, this is just an opinion of a newfan.
>>52108977
That does seem like a bitch but I like that you laughed after you read it. Seems like something I'd do too. As weird as it sounds, being at the show that DG didn't show up is almost as interesting as being at a show where DG performed live. Years from now, when people start talking about this band as if they paved the way for whatever bands they influence, the whole ditching shows thing will be talked about more. And you could say you were one of the fans that were at the shows they didn't show up to. Sounds corny as shit but you're part of music history.
>>52108990
There was a post made yesterday that actually made me reconsider listening to DG. See pic related. I know the drugs shit is corny but I think the guy has a point. I can't remember the last time a hip hop artists albums differed from each other to the extent DG's albums differ from each other. That being said I have notm played the most, probably because of how short it is in comparison but yeah.
>>
I thought they were an okay group and didn't understand the obsession after only hearing NOTM and Gov Plates.

I listened to EM recently and HOLY SHIT I totally get why they have such a devoted following
>>
>>52109218
Oh wow
>that anon's great post from yesterday actually convinced someone to give DG a shot and they ended up liking it
Talk about above and beyond.
>>
>>52109278
ya m8 Exmil is more accessible for newfags. Hopefully someday ull get notm and gp
>>
>>52109278
I didn't like Exmil or TMS at first but loved NLDW, GP, and NOTM at first listen immediately. Been giving Exmil and TMS some love recently and liking them, but not as much as that first time I heard that bassline at the start of NLDW or the breaking glass and EEEEEE at the beginning of GP
>>
File: GETGOT.jpg (520KB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
GETGOT.jpg
520KB, 3300x2550px
im pretty sure most of /mu/ considers TMS to be their weakest just because fantano gave it a 10/10, lyrically speaking its miles ahead of ExM in every way

exmil has incredible energy vocally/sonically but the lyrics are just too straightforward and bland (except for culture shock and beware)

idk maybe the straightforwardness is a nice compliment to the crazy sound overall
>>
>>52109218
pic is a nice read,
guy is right, but a ranking is down to personnal opinion and i was curious what albums a "new" listener would get the more out of after listening to the whole discog
i've been listening since tms dropped and i like all their releases a lot and like your pic said, each album is perfect for a different feel
>>
>>52108802
To be fair, I did nazi that coming. I came here to say this but boy, that escalated quickly so to the top with you! Lost it at 'This is why we can't have nice things' and then my faith in humanity was restored, my mind blown, and manly tears were shed. Well said. As a 'murican, I can confirm this gem has just won the internet and is doing it right. Just sayin', I know that feel, bro, and while that was a risky click, this post was a 9/10, would read again. I see what you did there and it feels good man. You're doing God's work, son. I laughed way harder than I should have at your list that seems legit and totally nailed it. You - I like you.

You magnificent bastard; you, sir, are so brave, a gentleman and a scholar, and seeing how you are a redditor for 4 years, this checks out, so I'll allow it. I regret that I only have one upvote to give for this cool story, bro. CTRL+F "about tree fiddy" was not disappointed. Wait, why do I have you tagged as "NOPE NOPE NOPE"? Nice try, you monster. What did I just read? Dafuq? I read that as "YOU HAD ONE JOB". I can't fap to this. No true scotsman could see that this relevant XKCD was bad, and you should feel bad. You must be new to reddit, so I'll see your cakeday and raise you a karma train. One does not simply rustle my jimmies, not even once. This stahp gave me cancer for science, so that's enough internet for me today. OP is a fuzzy little man-peach, 2/10, would not bang. What is this I don't even know how is this wtf? Circlejerk must be leaking. This will get buried but brace yourselves, some men want to watch the world burn right in the feels. When you see it, they'll KILL IT WITH FIRE! But this has nothing to do with atheism. Lawyer up, delete facebook, hit the gym, and SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, said no one ever, so you wouldn't download a strawman. Damn onions, you scary like a BOSS. whoosh. Since rule #1 is 'be attractive', I'll just leave this here: This is my [f]irst post, be gentle.
>>
>>52108956
>>52109218
Did I miss something? Didn't the "fake" twitter account post that they didn't break up? It's not legitimate proof but the pictures were of the basketball court from the music video and had the goggles in them.
>>
>>52109218
>a publicity stunt- not something I think DG are into despite all the crazy shit they've done.
Is it significantly more of a publicity stunt than the dick cover/the leak/the concert no-show with the fan's suicide email? All of those things attracted them plenty of bewildered publicity, but also were done for whatever bizarre inner purposes the band had.
A breakup is more specific, it changes the whole conversation around them, putting them in a different place that they dictate for themselves.
>>
>>52109464
>autism maximum
>>
>>52109537
The basketball court, the goggles, and even a screencap of an email that someone actually sent to the DG email address, all seem to indicate that @bbpoltergiest was really them yeah.

But one tweet, amongst a bunch of rather random and weird ones, could easily just have been written to fuck with people. It is what started me thinking that maybe it's all a ruse, or misdirection, but I'd still take it with a spoonful of salt.
>>
>>52109537
I'm aware of that twitter account. I personally just think it's someone who worked on the video with andy. As shitty of a belief it is to have, i really hope they actually did break up. Quitting while they're at their best (their words, i agree) will have a much bigger impact and will contribute to their legacy in a positive way.
>>52109565
There was a reason for the dick cover, I think it's in a SPIN magazine interview or something. I know it did garner a lot of publicity, but it wasn't done entirely for publicity. The leak was just to get back at Epic records out of disagreement over something. Their lyrics indicate a hatred towards the mainstream system and the corporate world. So for them to leak their album that was supposed to be released via epic records is the ultimate payback (for whatever wrongdoing epic records did to them). And again, it did receive publicity, but wasn't done for publicity.

As for the no-shows I have no idea why they did it. This might've been done for publicity I'll give you that.

But the break up. Idk it just seems like something done entirely and directly for publicity. Stefan often raps about his dislike for mainstream artists who are attention whores (see culture shock, second verse).

Or idk maybe they just get a kick out of fucking with us. It could be as simple as that.
>>
>>52109512
I like this a lot
>>
Thank you, OP.
>>
>>52108737
underrated meme
someone updog it
>>
>>52109996
nice quads
>>
>>52110019
Whats updog?
>>
>>52110249
butta this bread for me
>>
Why is this thread so based?
>>
>>52110591
nice meme faggot
>>
>>52110643
Thanks friend
>>
Death Grips sucks and all OP did was buy into the hype. end thread.
>>
IVE SEEN FOOTAGE LEL

#innovative
#noided
#musicofmygeneration
>>
>>52110849
he wouldve bought into the hype during the NLDW era
>>52110877
do you read lyrics? ive seen footage is lyrically better than anything NMH or modest mouse have ever written

go listen to your suburban white mid-20s "lost in life" faggot music
>>
>>52110953
Not him but NMH lyrics are pretty insane, and they flow just as good if not better than Ride's songs. This is coming from a guy who is only indifferent to NMH
>>
>>52110849
>>52110877
>>52110953
>all these shit posts in rapid succession
Let's not ruin things now, eh?
>>
>>52111022
sounds like something someone who is pretending to be "only indifferent to NMH" would say :)
>>
>>52111095
Damn, you got me guy
>>
>>52111185
good giy
>>
File: tumblr_mwqw9ecNqs1qkzudxo1_400.jpg (35KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwqw9ecNqs1qkzudxo1_400.jpg
35KB, 400x509px
Post Military > No Love Dark Net > The Money Shop
>>
File: AndreaMorin.png (1MB, 624x1012px) Image search: [Google]
AndreaMorin.png
1MB, 624x1012px
>>52111703
dank
>>
>>52111769
I won't deny, I've jerked it at least 2 times to that picture.
>>
>>52108847
They're not dead you pleb
didn't you hear about the twitter account?
>>
nine
eight
seven
triple six
EGG NOGG
Sugar Plums and Fairy Tales
Fired through your SKull
Wish you all a Merry Gripsmas
Now i'm gonna smoke a bowl $^]
>>
File: spurdo.png (13KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
13KB, 528x404px
>>52111817
>2 times
fucking pleb
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.