[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could vaporwave be called "audio surrealism?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: secretofthekells290567.jpg (966KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
secretofthekells290567.jpg
966KB, 1920x1080px
Could vaporwave be called "audio surrealism?"
>>
No more than any other genre.
>>
"a stale meme" is more accurate
>>
Listen to more music.
>>
>>51767088
Surrealists already made music. Look it up, plebeian.
>>
you could say that it is surreal, but saying it's "audio surrealism" seems to imply that music in other genres can't also be as surreal, if not moreso
>>
No. A Trite, repetitive sack of shit for teenagers who found a trendy genre that's conveniently easy to make and lacks standards by which to criticize them maybe
>>
>>51767285
What about vaporwave that is detailed and not easy to make?
>>
It could be considered as surrealism when compared to other genres and/or to what it's sampled from, but that would make it, "pop surrealism" wouldn't it?
>>
>>51767304
link me

still it is probably visually and conceptually tired which is just as offensive imo
>>
>>51767384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ndKlm-G3s

this was 2010 also
>>
>>51767451
Ferraro and Lopatin are not vaporwave, these are the albums that vaporwave makers reference but fail to capture their essence or concept and instead developed what they now call vaporwave.
>>
>>51767498
What would you call vaporwave?
>>
>>51767523
Mac Plus, Blank Banshee, all the other albums that are spammed to shit around here. Can't you hear the difference?
>>
>>51767498
if you want to call the "scene" vaporwave then most "vaporwave" is bad

the only good releases are vektroid, lopatin and ferraro plus any botr and maybe one or two others (to me)

the entire "scene" that exists on here, tumblr, and elsewhere is terrible
>>
File: t7mdklrph.png (244KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
t7mdklrph.png
244KB, 500x500px
>>51767088
I figure audio surrealism would be something more noise-oriented.
>>
>>51767570
blank banshee isn't vaporwave
lol
>>
>>51767582
I don't think Ferraro or Lopatin would feel comfortable being called vaporwave, so yes I'm referring to that dreadful "scene" that's all vaporwave is
>>
>>51767602
get the fuck outta here that things always spammed in vaporwave threads
>>
>>51767620
whatever you want to call them
i'm using vaporwave as a style term
i really dont' care for the "scene" especially anything post-2012
>>51767653
so? it was released around the time vaporwave was getting popular and it's the same post-internet thing but it's just trap with pitched vocal samples
not vaporwave stylistically
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.