[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

omg pitchfork gave hey qt BNT so i should spam threads about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 18

File: bubblegum bass flowchart.png (686KB, 1000x1121px) Image search: [Google]
bubblegum bass flowchart.png
686KB, 1000x1121px
Here's a guide for anyone wondering about this "new genre."

No memes please.
>>
>calling it bubblegum bass
top faggotry
>>
>>49445823
So what do you call it?
>>
>>49445855
just call it PC Music
>>
>>49445990
The problem with that is that Sophie isn't on PC Music even though he's one of the main artists.
>>
just call it meme pop
>>
>>49446058
>No memes please.
>>
>>49446075
why
>>
File: 00.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
00.gif
2MB, 236x224px
lel i went straight to the bottom of the avant section
>>
>>49446114
We have a whole board for that now, no need to leak out
>>
it's probably a better idea to listen to Bipp first. i'm pretty sure that's what most people did
>>
stop trying to make hipster j-pop relevant
>>
>>49445753
>no tune-yards
kill urself you fucking faggot also bubblegum bass is a horrible name
>>
File: index.jpg (20KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
20KB, 275x183px
>>49446251
Only Illamasqua Mix is hipster j-pop.
>>49446296
how the fuck is tune-yards related to this thread
>>
>>49446230
actually i heard dux contents lifestyle a few days after its release
*hipster backpat meself*
>>
>>49446342
damn...
>>
so

why would i voluntarily listen to girl music
>>
>>49446409
its the latest ebin ironic meme :DDD
>>
>>49446409
stick to your boy music he-man
>>
your chart is missing chippy nonstop
>>
>>49446132
woah bro you're so deep damn

what a patrician
>>
>>49445753
Sophie is the only person out of all of this who seems to have actually made anything worth remembering
>>
So is /mu/ just gradually moving forward chronologically in its "ironic" appreciation of retro music aesthetics?
First the 80s/early 90s appreciation with vaporwave, and now late 90s/early 2000s bubblegum pop with this shit. What's next?
>>
>>49446765
It will cycle back down to the 70s
>>
>>49446781
>70s nostalgia
wasn't that BoC's shtick back in the 90s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NErCSmVTkAg

It's so fucking good.
>>
>>49446765
radical change in culture
>>
>>49446765
>What's next?
The shit you listen to now
>>
>>49446765

vaporwave is cool. it's the cold optimist that looks at the past and says, "wow. some things may suck today, but a lot of things have improved over the years"

whatever the hell this is insists on being obnoxious, thoughtless, and hungry for cock. it is the musical manifestation of a tall, fat gay man with a fauxhawk.
>>
>>49446974
>vaporwave is cool. it's the cold optimist that looks at the past and says, "wow. some things may suck today, but a lot of things have improved over the years"
Not really. It's just slowed down Diana Ross and fetishization of Windows 95.
>>
>>49446974
ambiguity is nice
vaporwave is slowed down diana ross with imagery appropriated from tumblr
>>
>>49446586
For the last time, that's not fucking related. GO AWAY
>>
>>49446765
Limp Bizkit 2.0
>>
>bubblegum bass

ive never heard such a niche term for this, just call it bubblegum pop (because there is never really any bass)
>>
>>49446409
>not being a girl deep down
>2014
>>
this sounds like vocaloid music
>>
>>49447104
Bubblegum pop is already a genre and it's much less electronic. This is EDM with pop elements mostly. It was tagged as UK Bass and UK Garage before it became this distinctly feminine
>>
>>49445823
>calling it accelerationism
Infinitely worse
>>
>>49447153
Maxo actually made a track using vocaloid vocals
https://soundcloud.com/maxoelectronic/h-o-n-e-y-b-e-l-l

so that's probably not much of an insult
>>
File: 2060390-i_like_it.jpg (24KB, 378x363px) Image search: [Google]
2060390-i_like_it.jpg
24KB, 378x363px
>>49447188
>>
>>49446434
>No memes please.
>>
>>49447188
it wasn't an insult just an observation
>>
>>49447188
sounds like something i'd make if i knew how to make electronic music, tbh
>shitloads of samples
>cluttered
>weeaboo stained
>>
>>49447073
rude
>>
>>49446765
t h e f u t u r e
>>
>>49447167
Where did the name accelerationism come from and what does it mean?
>>
>>49446409
stick to van halen and aerosmith then
>>
>>49447437
>In Marx-influenced p?o?l?i?t?i?c?a?l? musical philosophy, accelerationism is the belief that in order to generate radical change, the prevailing system of c?a?p?i?t?a?l?i?s?m? pop should be expanded and its growth accelerated so that its self-destructive tendencies can be brought to their conclusion.
Probably the coolest/edgiest way to describe the music.
>>
>>49447464
In retrospect I probably should have paid more attention in high school. Thanks.
>>
File: u didn trole me.png (4KB, 499x282px) Image search: [Google]
u didn trole me.png
4KB, 499x282px
>>49447161
>This is EDM with pop elements
holy shit
>>
I give this shit another 4 motnhs before everyone forgets about it
>>
>>49446765
You forget about Glo-fi / Chillwave?
>>
This stuff is further proof that UK Garbage is the worst genre.

First "future garage," now this. Can garage not be overly emo or overly happy? How about some real emotional depth
>>
>>49447508
4 weeks at most
>>
>>49447506
It is though. It's electronic dance music made by producers, who occasionally collaborate with pop vocalists. Pop structures are very loosely used and pretty disjointed if they're used.
>>
>>49447557
too retarded, I'm out
>>
>>49445855
Gumbass
>>
>>49447582
>>49447584
>no argument
UK Garage is EDM fucktards.
>>
>>49446765

i can't wait for ironic dubstep
>>
>>49447607
That's called brostep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueNUQ-7PIVY
>>
>>49447599
sup dipshit, I see that you failed to actually read the context of my post and also that you failed to comprehend that your shitty EDM is a subset of pop, making any mentions of "pop-x" both superfluous and completely retarded

feel free to end your life at any time
>>
>>49447557
EDM and pop are the same thing so you are being redundant my friend.
>>
File: 33407004_p28.jpg (330KB, 800x938px) Image search: [Google]
33407004_p28.jpg
330KB, 800x938px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaV_Z2a_ZLM
>>
>>49447636
Brostep is a derogatory name that "true dubstep" listeners started using to call its increasingly popular American counterpart because it was primarily listened to by "bros". Nobody listens to brostep ironically.
>>
>>49447692
ok antz
>>
>>49447647
Are you some classicalfag who confuses "popular music" with "pop?"

And I you shouldn't really expect people to "comprehend" posts when your posts are completely devoid of content. Literally all you did was say "holy shit" and post a reaction image. Go fuck yourself, namefag. You don't know shit.
>>
File: 1368757672534.png (469KB, 2360x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1368757672534.png
469KB, 2360x2500px
>>49447692
>>
>>49447716
>>49447787
You act like it's not true.
>>
>>49447648
>I am musically ignorant
>I am a rockist
>I am fucking stupid
Okay.
>>
okay op
>>
>>49447782
>who confuses "popular music" with "pop?"
ironic, seeing as you demonstrably don't know what those phrases mean

>And I you shouldn't
well done

>to "comprehend" posts
if you'll notice, I said the context *of* my post

>You don't know shit.
irony intensifies

>>49447830
you don't know what rockism is
>>
>>49447830
see
>>49447716
>>
This is some satanic music.
>>
>>49447849
>ironic, seeing as you demonstrably don't know what those phrases mean
How so? Learn to explain your thoughts, you fucking twelve year old.

You have made zero points about anything. Congrats.
>>
>>49445855
M E M E
U
S
I
C
>>
>>49447892
Oh god, am I arguing with Friendo? That explains everything.
>>
>>49447844
You mean Nightcore?
>>
>>49447892
https://www.academia.edu/178279/Folk_Music_Art_Music_Popular_Music_What_do_these_categories_mean_today

educate yourself

you should probably lurk more too
>>
Or maybe its just a metaphor of infantilisation of our society.
>>
>>49447927
aaaand there it is, thanks for trying kid
>>
>>49447936
So I hit the nail on the head when I anticipated you to pull up the "trichotomy" of popular music, folk music, and art music. How does that suddenly make "EDM with pop elements" impossible or illogical? Yes, they're different fucking genres. Are you denying that genres exist because it's all just popular music? What is even your point?
>>49447954
Stay gone and kill yourself, please. You've always been the worst poser here and were driven out for a reason.
>>
>>49445753
Just let me put on my double long shirt and grow my hair out until i can put it into a samurai pony tail and I'll be sure to check it out.
>>
>>49447981
Dance music and pop music are different genres. EDM itself however is nothing but pop music these days. Thanks a lot America.
>>
>>49447988
Will you wear some kind of fashionable headwear, preferably the kind that is popular among awkward teenage nerds?
>>
>friendo "debate"
abandon ship
>>
File: 1407952487546.jpg (91KB, 641x641px) Image search: [Google]
1407952487546.jpg
91KB, 641x641px
So it's like that Doss ep only shit. Gotcha.
>>
>>49448125
what ep and who is doss
>>
>>49447981
>so I hit the nail on the head when I anticipated that people who are smarter and more well-educated than me had already beaten my argument? yeah, wrecked
dumbass

>Yes, they're different fucking genres.
no, EDM is a subgenre of pop, you dumbass

>Are you denying that genres exist because it's all just popular music? What is even your point?
such a dumbass holy shit
that's like saying "it takes gold and metal and mixes them together"

gold is a metal, so saying "metal" does nothing to give you more information, making it superfluous

like I fucking said (very clearly, I might add)

> were driven out
lol, you realize I never left, right ? can't wait for the damage control on this one

>>49448014
>Dance music and pop music are different genres
lol

>>49448032
ignoring your desperate samefagging, this really isn't a debate
I am the only one with any rhetorical ground
>>
>>49448175
Dance music can also be folk music, fool.
>>
The difference between EDM and pop music is so vague it's not even funny. Pop music has been incorporating electronic snares, drums and synths since forever, it's probably produced the same way as EDM too. Both are meant to be danced and both are for a general audience as opposed to a particular niche. The only difference that may exist is vocals, even though certain subgenres of EDM also use vocals, lenght, although radio edits are 3-4 minutes long, and song structure, even though some EDM may incorporate verse-chorus-verse structure too.

Seriously, would you call Justice's D.A.N.C.E a pop track, or an EDM track? This makes the whole "incorporating pop elements into EDM" a ridiculous statement. Both have been incorporating elements from each other for ages, and EDM is, in fact, derivated from pop music to sometimes the point of indistinguishability, as I posted before.
>>
>>49445855
garage?
>>
The track "I don't wanna Do it/Let's Do it" sounds schizophrenically. Its like 2 voices in your head and one contradicts another.
>>
>>49447087
yeha prhoaoably this
>>
>>49448201
dancing music is a loose conglomerate of differing styles that exist independently within all branches of the trichotomy, dumbass

next you're going to tell me that "piano music" is a genre
>>
>>49448262
>next you're going to tell me that "piano music" is a genre
It is.
>>
>>49448175
>>so I hit the nail on the head when I anticipated that people who are smarter and more well-educated than me had already beaten my argument? yeah, wrecked
Jesus Christ, you actually wrote this and though, "Yeah, that'll show him!"

No idea, meaning, or content was delivered through that sentence. Do you expect to convince me of anything? If not, why are you posting? Are you simply seeking attention? All you just said was "Well, I think I'm smarter than you, therefore fuck you and I'm right."

Do you know how that reflects on you as a person? Not very well. And it doesn't make anyone want to talk to you. It's no wonder that you were driven off this site and had to change your name and drop your trip. Please, for the sake of both of us, leave.

>no, EDM is a subgenre of pop, you dumbass
Oh, my bad, the avant-kiddie who never listens to pop or EDM actually knows more than me, a person who actually knows shit about that kind of music and spends tons of time listening to it.

THIS JUST IN, GUYS, THESE ARE THE SAME FUCKING GENRE!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgAxemlK7jk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe1wtkkt9-E

>lol, you realize I never left, right ?
Do it now then.
>>
>>49448276
Piano rock is a genre. Look up Five For Fighting and The Fray. Good shit. I saw Five For Fighting once live at Staples Center. I cried tears of joy.
>>
>>49448207
Nope, pop is about hooks, choruses, and "catchiness." EDM is about repetition, rhythm, and dancing.
>>
>>49448373
>hooks, choruses, and "catchiness"
Have you heard the Justice track anon is speaking of? Or anything by Deadmau5, Avicii, Martin Garrix, all the stuff that is actually labeled as EDM by people on the streets?
>>
>>49448175
>that's like saying "it takes gold and metal and mixes them together"
That makes no sense. Awful analogy.

So if I said, "This is like a mix of bossa nova and free jazz," would you sperg out? Because they're both derived from jazz?
>>
>>49448276
I don't think there's any point continuing this discussion with you, sorry

>>49448335
lol you sure spent a lot of time huffing and puffing over a misconception that the person more smart and educated was me and not oh, I don't know, possibly the fucking doctor that wrote the article which I linked to you (which you probably didn't read)

reading comprehension

>Oh, my bad, the avant-kiddie who never listens to pop or EDM
textbook ad hominem

>a person who actually knows shit about that kind of music and spends tons of time listening to it.
(poor) attempt to argue from authority

>THIS JUST IN, GUYS, THESE ARE THE SAME FUCKING GENRE!!!
I don't even have to look to know you're cherry-picking in desperation

unless you can:
a. refute the premise
b. provide equal evidence to back up your own claims
or
c. show yourself as a better source than the article I posted

then you're useless. just concede or get out already.

>>49448473
>That makes no sense.
it makes no sense because the original statement was terrible and made no sense
> Awful analogy.
here look guise I combined elements of [subset of x] and combined them with [total set of x] !
same analogy, same reality, same dumbass

>So if I said, "This is like a mix of bossa nova and free jazz," would you sperg out? Because they're both derived from jazz?
this is a straw man, because two things _derived_ from _one_ thing are not being combined ; the total set of things and a subset of that set are being combined
which has not does not and will not EVER make sense in this context
>>
The distinction between EDM and pop music really comes from the fact that EDM is made for the club and for the DJ, while pop is made for the radio and the masses. They do have different musical conventions as well, obviously.

Tons of EDM is never given a formal release and is instead distributed directly to DJs and clubs. It can be very underground and non-commercial.
>>
>>49448569
edm =! electronic dance music
>>
>2014
>still using the buzzword "edm"

pls no
>>
>>49448568
oopsie, I don't think Suzel Reily is actually a doctor, my mistake

rest of that stands
>>
>>49448569
>club
Those places aren't for the masses?

>DJ
That guy doesn't spin plates for the masses?
>>
>>49448643
tfw went from genes favorite to genes hated
;_;
>>
>>49448695
untrip or die
>>
>>49448695
I haven't even read the thread but it seems like yet another argument where no one understands the difference between "pop" and "popular" music

>>49448727
what
>>
>>49448746
oh. go anonymous then.
>>
>>49448568
I'm not obligated to read texts you link me without paraphrasing or describing at all.

EDM is not a subset of the "pop" I was referring to. Yes, it's a subset of popular music. No, it's not a subset of radio "pop" songs that are distinguished by prominent choruses and hooks. Modern day radio pop songs developed differently than EDM developed even though they can be roughly traced back to the same source.

It may look like I tried to "argue from authority," but the reason I said that was because you've provided no explanation of your own as to why EDM a subgenre of pop music, other than "I just know better than you."
>>
>>49448569
If the difference between two "genres" (umbrella terms, more like) is merely context, then there is not much of an inherent difference to begin with.
>>
all music with less than 5 musicians is pop music
prove me wrong
>>
>>49448928
almost all music is pop
prove me wrong
>>
>>49448948
nah you're right
>>
>>49448373
>rhythm, and dancing.
lmao dude what the fuck do you think hooks and choruses are for like seriously lol do you even listen to music.
>>
>>49448614
Not really, a club audience is a specific and targeted audience and it calls for specific conventions.

>Electronic dance music (also known as EDM, dance music, club music, or simply dance) is a set of percussive electronic music genres produced primarily for dance-based entertainment environments, such as nightclubs. Dance music is generally produced for the use by DJs, sometimes by the DJ themselves, who then performs a live-set of their own music arrangements, or plays tracks from different artists in a rhythmic pattern in their DJ mix, progressing from one song to the next, often looping parts, adding samples or using sound effects to entertain

>percussive electronic
>produced primarily for dance-made entertainment environments
>generally produced for the use by DJs
>etc etc specific musical conventions
>to entertain

This is not the same as a pop song, which has:
>an aim of appealing to a general audience, rather than to a particular sub-culture or ideology
Club culture is a sub-culture.
>an emphasis on recording, production, and technology, over live performance
EDM is for live performance by DJs.
>a length often between two and a half and three and a half minutes
EDM is more often very extended in length.
>the verse-chorus form and the thirty-two-bar form, with a focus on melodies and catchy hooks, and a chorus that contrasts melodically, rhythmically and harmonically with the verse.
This isn't part of EDM.
>lyrics
Not required for EDM, which lacks a vocalist almost always

These are two different musical styles which CAN meet.

I originally stated that this genre, which I doubt Friendo has listened to, combines the standards of the two. It is played by DJs and made by producers for a club environment, yet it also has a tendency to add the element of the modern "pop star" who adds pop conventions into the song.

Friendo would much rather argue from a vague and reductionist standpoint, but if you actually listen to the music, it makes sense.
>>
>>49449007
haha i only read about music
>>
>>49449007
to make it get stuck in your head aka catchiness. also to be predictable, making it comfortable as background music for driving and such
>>
If Lady Gaga or the Black Eyed Peas play an extended version of any of their songs as part of their live set, and people just happen to dance to them, was it EDM or pop?
>>
>>49449042
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music#North_American_commercialization_of_EDM
>>
Someone was talking about a Sophie Boiler Room set earlier, but I can't find it ):
>>
>>49449098
>also to be predictable,
and edm isn't? wtf dude

>making it comfortable as background music for driving and such
oh my lord
>>
>>49449108
Lady Gaga makes electropop which is pretty much the meeting point of EDM and pop.

Genres are not perfectly drawn out lines that are objective. They're simply ways of describing music.
>>
>>49446409
literally 80% of the music I listen to is girl music
what's ur problem dude
>>
>>49449154
>They're simply ways of describing music.
>>49449042 wants to point out that his original point out that Sophie or QT or whatever is "combining the elements of EDM and pop music", which is ridiculous, since both are such interchangeable genres like you so dearly pointed out, so thanks.
>>
>>49449154
>electropop which is pretty much the meeting point of EDM and pop
oh my god are you serious right now
>>
i like song and i don't go to pitchfork
can i get a medal or something to feel unique
>>
itt: americans
>>
>>49449194
>Ignore every point I made about them having specific distinctions (my entire post)
>Nope, they're totally just interchangeable
Okay.
>>
>>49449199
>being mad
>>
>>49449242
no.
>>
>>49449261
please
>>
>>49449242
you go to /mu/, which is even worse than going to pitchfork.
>>
>>49449246
>>
File: 5354175.png (8KB, 584x92px) Image search: [Google]
5354175.png
8KB, 584x92px
>>49449246
>>
>>49445753
fuck you fucking faggots making charts for everything and making up genres . first of all exposing anything good to people on /mu/ devalues the music substatially, second of all, your chart is retarded. just say 'the pc music label is good' and leave it at that. half of that shit is just mixes and singles. what are youd oing im going to ddos this fucking board so hard i know like 3 different people with massive bot nets. third of all, i knew about all this shit ages before you guys fuck you
>>
>>49445855
PC MUSIC FUCKHEAD THE LABEL HAS IT COVERED YOU DONT HAVE TO MAKE A CHART OR COIN ANY TERMS FUCKING MU FAGGOT KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>49449340
rude
>>
File: medal.png (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
medal.png
17KB, 640x480px
>>49449273
ok here medal
its a copper medal and not gold to point out youre a loser
>>
>>49449318
>devalues the music substatially
Hipster faggot. Stop being insecure about what you like.
>just say 'the pc music label is good' and leave it at that.
Sophie isn't on PC Music, and people keep posting garbage tracks as entry points, which could turn people away.
>>
>>49449363
but at least i got a medal
thank you
>>
That's it, /mu/ has officially reached a new low.
>Poorly made flowchart
>Actual meme genre
>p4k faggotry
I could handle memerap like lil b and yung lean but this is just horseshit.
>>
>>49449252
I guess the Black Eyed Pease are also electropop because people dance to it. And Katy Perry and Rihanna too and whatever fucking shit they play at the radio that has heavy use of beat machines and synths and stuff.
You could say that pop music is often danceable but nope, it's just electropop "where EDM and pop meets".
>>
>>49449410
this
>>
>>49449410
What's poorly made about it, asshole?
>>
>>49449410
it was actually cool before p4k got ahold of it, now its just a bunch of retards thinking its 'ironic'

the sounds goal is so precise and accomplished that it brings a tear to my eye but these faggots are going to scrobble it along side their p4k and mu bullshit bands and next thing you know pc music is going to be washed out
>>
>>49449419
black eyed peas are actually considered electropop though
>>
>>49449410
tru
this was a nice board
>>
>>49449454
>I resent people who scrobble after it stopped being underground

wow ok.
>>
>>49449484
>>49449426
samefag
>>
File: mlady.png (45KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
mlady.png
45KB, 240x240px
>Pop music is crap, I'm an intellectual man myself
>>
>>49449496
stay mad pleb
>>
File: no_.jpg (19KB, 354x148px) Image search: [Google]
no_.jpg
19KB, 354x148px
>>49449498
um... back the fuck off ?!
>>
>>49449539
nice photoshop (not)
>>
File: screenshot.114.jpg (24KB, 395x104px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.114.jpg
24KB, 395x104px
>>49449552
thanks faggot
>>
>>49449318
Underrated post
>>
So what's the most "experimental" stuff coming out of this? GFOTY's Secret Mix was actually really good, but I hate that chipmunk pop shit like QT. The closer to R+7 the better
>>
>>49449582
the most experimental thing i've heard is lipgloss twins, and it's very unpleasant
>>
>>49449582
Please fuck off. Thanks~
>>
File: aaaaaabutt.jpg (8KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaabutt.jpg
8KB, 279x181px
>>49447029
I would masturbate to an anthro os
>>
File: 1367266525402.jpg (36KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1367266525402.jpg
36KB, 409x409px
>>49449242
>>
>>49449596
rude
>>
>>49449527
>muh private club
You're retarded for not realizing the manner in which it was gonna blew up
>>
this music is basically stupid hoe by nicki minaj, covered by drunk britbongs.
>>
>>49449635
im not even that mad, im part of like 10 different underground online music scenes, this shit is just the tip of the ice berg. lol I'll always be ahead of you faggots
>>
>>49449431
It's ugly, it's a graphic designer's nightmare, and the pink and white arrows look like something from geocities
>>
>>49445753
wtf is bubblegum bass
>>
File: Truth..png (20KB, 523x85px) Image search: [Google]
Truth..png
20KB, 523x85px
>>
>>49446765
Vaporwave was actually a decent genre until p4k got their grubby hands on r + 7 and /mu/ went apeshit. Fuck pitchfork, no one on this board would give a shit about anything if it wasn't for them.
>>
>>49449595
Eh, not really digging Wannabe as much. I really like the weird rhythms and dolphin-y samples of GFOTY the most
>>49449596
rude
>>
>>49449648
why does this genre keep getting associated with the uk and in minor instances uk garage
>>
>>49449648
its more memetic
>>49449672
meme music
>>
>>49449656
>im not even that mad, im part of like 10 different underground online music scenes, this shit is just the tip of the ice berg. lol I'll always be ahead of you faggots
new copypasta
>>
>>49449702
BECAUSE EVERYONE MAKING IT IS FROM THE UK RETARD
>>
>>49449656
you could probably stand taking some time off to work on some of your confidence then
>>
>>49449702
memes
>>
>>49449726
blocked
>>
So it's like modern day Aqua or Toy-Box except no dude and not as catchy or fun?
>>
>>49449724
>EVERYONE MAKING IT IS FROM THE UK
But I'm not.
>>
>>49449771
who r u
>>
>>49449745
You're really insecure.
Also I'm anonymous, how the fuck is you gonna block me

captcha: capture nezeds
hitting the sack
>>
I heard Sophie is GFOTY is that legitimate
>>
File: png.png (16KB, 579x73px) Image search: [Google]
png.png
16KB, 579x73px
The melon hits the nail on the head
>>
>>49449809
or like gfoty does the vocals for sophie or something idk
>>
>>49449824
not surprised, he doesnt get it at all. the production is actually really unique. hes only listening to the words, typical Fontana
>>
Greatest new pop! Can't wait to hear PC music all over the airways!
>>
>>49449855
Explain what exactly about the production is unique.
>>
>>49449929
haha, ur barking up the wrong tree for explanations, dude is dimwitted beyond words
>>
>>49449991
It's a memegenre and a trip, I wasnt expecting much.

also you nearly got quads
>>
tfw avant-god exitsense took the bubblegum bass from irrelevancy to the newest big discourse in aural art
>>
>No memes please.
Keep it together guys.
>>
>>49449662
Are you done nitpicking yet? /mu/ flowcharts are usually made in MS Paint based on the wiki's collection.
>>
>>49450053
the entire genre is a meme
>>
>>49450053
>no memes please
that was over the second the thread started
>>
>>49450029
this

it's a shame his thunder was stolen by copy cats
>>
>>49449929
Hey anthony,

It's quite sympol. The structure of these songs are not typically like most [[[electronic music songs being put up on soundcloud or being released on labels that will die out in a year or two]]

IE: abnormal groups of measures, the breakdowns, the samples, the beat breaks themselves. Taking into account every other popular electronic music style being produced at the moment, this is top notch. Whether youre enjoying the style or art direction or not is not my concern, you have to give credit to its originality.

Another enticing aspect of this sound (im mostly talking about PC music) is how the sounds is 'released' and marketed. They have a web page for each new single, often themed: see QT, others. It creates an (i hate using this word) aesthetic space for the music for the user to enjoy. It has multiple dimensions, its not just a chipmunked pop song.

As far as art direction goes, I can't relate. I see a lot of track suits, hoop rings, mostly urban UK clothing, which isn't an oughts thing. The style still persists, but back to my point.. I can't relate nor speak on lyrical themes but I enjoy how precise they've got the sound and how its being, in a way, marketed to the listener through their aesthetic.

If, ignoring the incredibly appropriate label already supplied by, hey whaddaya know, the label name; I would refer to it as: 'Girls Grime'

If you want more Mr. Anthony Fantano, I can provide a long essay and send it via email
>>
>>49450148
>abnormal groups of measures, the breakdowns, the samples, the beat breaks themselves.
Not in "Hey QT," that's for sure. It's just a generic synth I've head a million times.
>>
>>49450126
le "bubblegum bass" / ironic meme pop sum'd up in one post
>>
>>49450180
https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/dont-wanna-lets-do-it
>>
>>49445753
>no memes
>posts about meme genre
>posts meme chart comprised of smaller sub-memes
>no memes
>no
>memes
>>
>>49450180
And I'm sure you've heard 'Wannabe' so fuck off with that response
>>
>>49450148
>(i hate using this word) aesthetic space
u luv dont u u cheeky little munky
>>
this stuff has the staying power of moombahton
>>
>>49450148
>>49450199
>>49450252
Nice to see you're on top of the latest and greatest /mu/ memes like a proper hipster drone
>>
>>49450148
>Addressing me as Anthony
k
>IE: abnormal groups of measures, the breakdowns, the samples, the beat breaks themselves. Taking into account every other popular electronic music style being produced at the moment, this is top notch. Whether youre enjoying the style or art direction or not is not my concern, you have to give credit to its originality.
Cool beans, I could record sounds of my dog shitting and it would be original
>Another enticing aspect of this sound (im mostly talking about PC music) is how the sounds is 'released' and marketed. They have a web page for each new single, often themed: see QT, others. It creates an (i hate using this word) aesthetic space for the music for the user to enjoy. It has multiple dimensions, its not just a chipmunked pop song.
That's great, but if I wanted to listen to a normal genre, it wouldn't need to be supported with some aesthetic webpage that shits out the same thing over and over.

The bottom line is that there's no meaning to this tedious, counteraesthetic genre. It's honestly great that your favorite music review site gave this trite garbage BNT, but you're worshipping a site that named arianna grande BNM and put beyonce in the list of the top 100 songs of the decade so far. If you wanted to make high-pitched, overenthusiastic edm, you should do so with out the screeching, vapid pop vocals. This isn't an avant-garde movement, this is /mu/ getting its rocks off because p4k gave the trash pop they were to embarassed to admit to liking in the 90's a BNT.
>>
>>49450360
>I could record sounds of my dog shitting and it would be original
it's been done bro
>>
Can someone explain the appeal of this to me? Not trolling or looking to argue, just curious what people see in this
>>
>>49450291
>>49450360
Hello you all, I discovered this music through soundcloud originally, before pitchfork wrote about it, probably around last year sometime. Thank you for inquiring. I am not a ' fan drone ' although I enjoy the music to an extent. I find it sad that you are completely dismissing it and comparing it to a shitting dog. I'm sure you would love to listen to a 'normal genre' right about now, so go ahead I'm not stopping you. However, ignoring this music shows that you're either scared or old. These PC music girls would stab you for chatting shit.
>>
>>49450360
>put beyonce in the list of the top 100 songs of the decade so far
Was it Countdown? Because they'd be right. What do you think is good music? Radiohead?
>>
>>49450464
No, I just wouldn't generally put radio pop (even if it's good) in a top 100 list because there's a lot more out there.
>>
>>49450434
meme
>>
Quote from a PC Music artist:

>Tinder's not cute at all. My thumb muscles only have the ability to move left so when I wanna swipe right I use my tongue and then when the time comes to go on the date I'm bed-ridden with the germs from my phone being inside my mouth :'(

2randumb4me
>>
>>49450453
It is a shitting dog.
If Bubblegum Bass could be something other than a shitty meme genre it would be a shitting dog.
>>
The funny thing is that no matter how much you shitposters try to drag this through the mud, it will have absolutely no effect on the artists and their impact. They're going to keep putting out music whether you like it or not, and posting "lel it's meme pop" will do nothing about it. Whether you like it or not, the future is coming.
>>
>>49450495
I thought so
>>
>>49450513
You forgot your trip bro
>>49450453
>>
>>49450493
It's literally the best radio pop ever made, though. Disqualifying a certain genre from being considered good just because it's a certain genre is the mark of the pleb.
>>
>>49445753
Alternatively: fuck all this Gorilla vs Bearcore shit.
>>
>>49450513
I wouldn't call this music futuristic, it is incredibly contemporary, but you're right about everything else.
>>49450511
What do you listen to then? Please tell me, really sternly and hard, how its 'serious and emotional folk music,' or, thrash metal. Because that's the vibe I'm getting from you. I actually don't care don't tell me.
>>
ok but what do you memers think of this:
https://soundcloud.com/chippynonstop/me-you-ft-kitty-pryde-produced-by-pat-lukens
>>
>>49445753
Is this the new vaporwave?
>>
>>49450555
It's cool to like meme bubblegum pop marketed for delusional hipsters like you but whatever is on the radio isn't cool, right
>>
>>49450453
>Hello you all, I discovered this music through soundcloud originally, before pitchfork wrote about it, probably around last year sometime.
Cool
>hank you for inquiring. I am not a ' fan drone ' although I enjoy the music to an extent.
Good for you, no one here is stopping you from enjoying something
>I find it sad that you are completely dismissing it and comparing it to a shitting dog.
I'm never completely dismiss genres, but this is hardly anything interesting or respectable.
> I'm sure you would love to listen to a 'normal genre' right about now, so go ahead I'm not stopping you. However, ignoring this music shows that you're either scared or old.
Heart of the problem right here, I'm neither scared nor old. I genuinely think this music is trash, there is little that's actually redeemable about this genre and /mu/tants are defending it because p4k gave it a BNT. They wouldn't give this tedious nonsense the time of day if it weren't for that trash website. Congrats on being ahead of the curve on this new genre, but it's genuinely not good. Enjoy it if you like it, but you're just enjoying vapid 90's pop
>>
>>49450582
Sophie has been played on the radio in yurop.
>>
>>49450575
it's the future of meme music, memepop.
>>
>>49450548
There is a lot of radiopop that I like, I'm not denying that. But I really dislike beyonce. I never could actually enjoy her music for some reason.
>>
>>49450563
It has nothing to do with this thread, please go away.
>>49450585
>autists quoting every single bit of text the person they're responding to wrote
Go back to whatever shitty forum you came from.
>>
>>49450582
What makes it a meme? I enjoy some top 40 songs, although I'm usually late to discovering them because I don't actively listen to the radio. Sounds like you're out to get the 'evil hipsters' for no reason. I wouldn't call this hipster music. The people making this stuff are very sincere.
>>
>>49450609
You don't like Countdown?
>>
>>49450620
>autists quoting every single bit of text the person they're responding to wrote
This is called an argument anon
>>
>>49450600
So it's 90's annoying pop vocals with trap production. Yep, it really is the new vaporwave.
>>
>>49450656
It's not necessary. You don't need to surgically pick apart a post to respond to it.
>>
>>49450672
What songs are you even referring to? Try listening to the right-hand side of the OP chart.
>>
>>49450642
It's a decent song, I just don't know if it belongs in the top 100 songs of the decade
>>
What do you think of the political themes behind this?
>>
>>49450672
Trap production? The fuck are you talking about.
>>49450678
exactly, nobody would respond to an argument like that irl.
>>
>>49450710
what political themes? accelerationism?
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPlzeNXLFH4

I don't know about this. I'm conflicted. It's kind of vaporwave, but more "modern day," and I can't tell if it's being critical of pop culture, or if it sincerely likes pop culture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1XWRsHjK0E

This seems much more cynical and satirical. But I still can't tell because I read the Radio Tank Mix interview, and this guy seems to like radio pop.
>>
>>49450678
I prefer discussing that way, it seems more productive.
>>
>>49450804
it does neither. it does what all good art should and reflects it.
>>
>>49450698
>>49450715
Yeah, I was listening to some stuff by Sophie and I thought it was all the same, specifically Lemonade and Hard and thought it was all the same. Now I'm listening to some other stuff.
Not really into it because fucking annoying vocals but I can see that /mu/ is gonna be all over this.
>>
>>49450804
Literally nightcore for hipsters
>>
>>49450838
neither and both i mean
>>
>tfw i got to see sophie, ag cook, and qt live before any of the hype
>tfw it was the most fun i'd ever had at a show, even though i went alone

as much as i came to love all the metatextual stuff the more i got into it, it really is just incredibly enjoyable dance music on a base level. the people at the show ranged from little kids to young hipster socialities to older hispanic women, and all were dancing in a group in front of the table sophie and cook were spinning at.

the shitstorm on here really did all take off when pitchfork gave QT that BNT, and all the shitposting related to it has left me feeling pretty sour, not that it affects if and how i'd enjoy the music, but it does really amplify and expose the rancid cynical form online discussion can take, especially on sites like this. it seems most of the ire here is for pitchfork or the hype manufacturing cycle online, none of which have to do with the music or the artists themselves.

i dont know why i found myself surprised by this fact. if anything this whole debacle (even though it's nowhere near the ground /mu/ will seemingly inevitably drive it into yet) has taught me to second guess being shitty or better-than (ie shitty) in respect to music people enjoy that i don't. cuz im sitting here reading all these comments and thinking that if half of the people talking shit in this thread were there that rainy evening to experience the songs i heard live, (only a very few of which have been released so far by sophie or on the pc music label) you would feel differently about this whole situation.

whatever.
>>
>>49451016
DUDE WAS THAT UR BACKPACK NEXT TO THE TABLE
>>
>>49451061
lmao yeah, see, i have posted about this before, i figured mentioning the show would out me in some way, but i can't tell if you're being ironic and shitting on me for wanting to discuss this stuff with other people who might be interested online. probably are. ok.
>>
>>49447582
>>49447599
>>49447647
>>49447782
>>49447849
>>49447892
>>49447936
>>49447927
>>49447954
>>49447981
>>49448175
>>49448335
>>49448568
>>49448779

Jesus christ I can't believe I read all that

anon is right, though, you're just being incredibly childish

Actually, both of you are being incredibly childish for arguing this fervently over something so pointless

Go outside or something, you sad fucks`
>>
>>49451151
Why would I go outside at midnight?
>>
>>49451137
I've said this countless times, this place is definenley not the forum for it, even though I wish wholeheartedly that it could be, it always ends in people shitting over each other in discussions that don't go much further than trying to brand these dudes and the limits of their influences. And wanting to fuck the girls in the images.
>>
>>49445753
how is kyary pamyu pamyu not on the list?
everybody on that list is biting her sound
>>
>>49451432
Sophie is collaborating with her currently. We'll see how it turns out.
>>
>>49451396
Also the constant need to be spoonfed is fucking disgusting, there's always some in each thread.

"So... uh ... where do I download the music?"
Basically all of pc musics releases are up for grabs at their page,
If you were interested you would search for it, but you're not fucking entitled to it.
>>
>>49450620
>It has nothing to do with this thread, please go away.
its almost the exact same thing except it also has influences from other meme genres
>>
>>49451396

i guess i know that (it is fucking 4chan after all) but the one thread out of a hundred that i emerge from having had an interesting, enlightening discussion keeps me coming back.

oh to have more irl friends with similar interests in less immediately accessible artistic subcultures
>>
>>49451514
haha, besides that short break @1.30, it's not even close to the same level and even that's stretching it
>>
>>49451016
>the shitstorm on here really did all take off when pitchfork gave QT that BNT, and all the shitposting related to it has left me feeling pretty sour, not that it affects if and how i'd enjoy the music, but it does really amplify and expose the rancid cynical form online discussion can take, especially on sites like this. it seems most of the ire here is for pitchfork or the hype manufacturing cycle online, none of which have to do with the music or the artists themselves.

im not sure when memefork best new meme'd this meme genre but there was blatant viral marketing going on and the funposting was in reaction to the viral marketing
>>
>>49451678
>>49451678
i'd say the viral marketing started a few weeks prior to the bnm and that the bnm just triggered an influx of senseless faggotry/dronehumming. alot of people actually enjoyed the music the weeks prior aswell
>>
>>49451606
i only knew one dude who listened to them prior to the bnm, we dj together sometimes.

do you go to artschool?
>>
>>49451861

no i do not, anon. too broke and unmotivated for all that
>>
>>49451953
probly for the better, artists are assholes
>>
why are so many people getting angry about pop music?
>>
>>49452078
people want to be right about things they dont have any control over
>>
>>49452078
because p4k drones are cancer to /mu/
>>
>>49452078
because they aren't just listening to pop music, they keep going "2deep4u" about it and it's fucking hilarious
>>
>>49452078
They liked shitty nightcore secretly and now p4k is letting them
>>
So, right, over the last two weeks on here or so this music has been described as the combined sonical experiments between nightcore, bubblegum dance, vaporwave, chav music, jam citys classical curves and the rest of the night slugs rooster, hudson mohawke-rustie-other maximalists, kpop, jpop... am i missing something?
ag cook mentioned max martin in some interview, but who gives a fuck about what the artists think haha am i rite fuckers
>>
m8 you didn't need to make a shitty flowchart
you should've just linked to sophie and PC Music's soundcloud pages and let people explore this shit for themselves
>>
>>49452592
nooo pressing play on a soundcloud page is way too complicated what the fuck do you take us for
>>
>>49452592
I made it because I want people to know there's a more experimental side and a more poppy side. People seem to just be posting Hey QT over and over, which makes everyone thing the entire "genre" is in the same vein.
>>
>>49445753
>Accelerationism

What?
>>
>>49447188
maxo is like if you dump a bunch of schizophrenia into a nintendo64. probably the only artist of this shit to still be doing anything special
>>
wiw this cancerous is still alive
>>
LMAO, I am loving this meme!
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.