[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feminist Backlash Against K.Dot's Humble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16

File: 146602026854541.jpg (212KB, 740x1024px) Image search: [Google]
146602026854541.jpg
212KB, 740x1024px
Somehow the special snowflakes of the internet found a way to complain about Kendrick's line about photoshopped women. People suck.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/03/kendrick-lamars-humble-sparks-feminist-backlash/
>>
Kendrick is the least misogynistic mainstream rapper I can think of

With that being said, a lot of girls look ugly without makeup while pretty girls are still going to look pretty without makeup, so I hate to admit it but I kinda see their point.
>>
>>71908893
Ironic shilling is still shilling, anon. Unless you're getting paid, in which please tell me where I sign up because I have a lot of free time as a NEET and im looking for cash
>>
>>71908893
There's literally like four lines in that whole song.
>>
>>64
>grrr I hate feminists
stop it. it's 2017.
>>
>>64
I think kendrick is gonna start being vocally anti-pc very soon
>>
File: IMG_0315.png (215KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0315.png
215KB, 750x1334px
>>71908935
You're an idiot.
>>
>>69
I sure hope so.
>>
these twitter nigresses need to get a fucking life
>>
>>65

What is their point, exactly?
>>
>>72
>nigresses

please go back to /pol/ and stay there.
>>
>>74
aww
>>
>>73
>I should be allowed to digitally alter my appearance to make myself look acceptable
>>
>>64
>complain that models are photoshopped
>complain when a rapper agrees with you
>>
>>64
hah nigs and femtards at each others throats is great entertainment
>>
>>72
>these twitter nigresses
they're called Shea butter warriors
>>
File: 1403065932548.gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1403065932548.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>>79
>Shea butter warriors
>>
>>69
I won't be shocked if he does.
>>
>>73
Basically, think of it like this

pretty girl with makeup = pretty
pretty girl without makeup = pretty

average/ugly girl with makeup = better than was before
average/ugly girl without makeup = average/ugly girl

Basically, telling girls not to use makeup feels like a slap in the face unless you're already pretty.
>>
>>82
Also, I already know there's going to be at least one guy saying
>That's not true an average looking girl would look better with no makeup!
or
>Makeup looks awful!
Most people agree that a little makeup makes a woman look better
>>
>>69
that would be a breath of fresh air from him
>>
>>71909324
Like I said, that girl is pretty both ways. You're basically doing the same thing Kendrick is doing
>I don't want a (pretty) girl with make up! I want a (pretty) girl without makeup!
>>
>>85
Yeah but now you get the added benefit of knowing that this is nothing but what god made
>>
>>71909324
id prefer a female who doesnt care about petty shit like makeup. think of all the time you'd save waiting on her to get ready, all the money. when you compare those two pictures it just makes the makeup pic look fake and fabricated.

not trying to be a white knight faggot i could just really care less about makeup.
>>
>>73
feminists are turning their back on the natural beauty meme because transgender women just look like men without photoshop/plastic surgery/makeup/wigs/good camera angles
>>
>>71909450
mtf
>>
>>84
I just think there are a lot of black celebrities who have been anti-pc, like dave chappelle or lil wayne, and they've been lambasted by the left. They've stuck to their guns and haven't bent the knee to the left
>>
>>71909324
Left is way better
>>
The only opinion these people have is that they don't like anyone else having opinions. Is thinking for one's self so offensive? Being just smart enough to know how stupid you really are, and resenting anyone smarter. You k ow what, fuck them. Their ignorance offends me. I'm going directly to Twitter and Tumblr to save the world.
>>
>>74
>"you're triggering me in ym safe space! Please leave!"

Fuck outta here, plebbit.
>>
File: CVpFUZlWEAAw6UR.png (5KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
CVpFUZlWEAAw6UR.png
5KB, 560x300px
>>87
>i could just really care less about makeup.

So you care about makeup a little bit?
>>
>>71909925
>neo-liberals
>>
>>95
quads confirm these "things" aren't actually liberal in any meaningful sense of the word.
>>
>>79
Fuck off to /pol/

>>93
You too fuck nigga
>>
Why can't snowflakes into nuance? Kendrick is clearly shitting on materialistic rappers that objectify women.
>>
>>97
t. offended nigger
>>
People on the far right hate him and now the far left too
>>
What were they expecting from a rapper with a song titled "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe"?

He obviously isn't a feminist, but do they really think they'll change his opinion of women by whining?
>>
>>100
>far left
>>
>>100
>like any self respecting adult.
>>
They're going after him because he's just thoughtful and considerate enough to where they feel they could actually hurt him

this is why you don't see these cunts go after rappers who have said a million more offensive things like 2chains or lil wayne they'd just be like "shut up bitch suck my dick ya baby makin hoe"
>>
>>100
Wow it's almost like diseased minds infected with cancerous identity politics on both ends of the political spectrum are two poles that presuppose and mirror each other.
>>
>>102
quit using meme arrows and make an actual point you fucking worm
>>
>>100
Effete liberals that only care about idpol are not "the far left."
>>
>women sit there and scream about how models and surgeries and photoshop ruin confidence of women
>kendrick agrees with this and wants natural look
>women get mad at him for this
WHAT THE FUCK DO THEY WANT!? WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO GIVE!?
IT'S FUCKING HANDED TO THEM
AND THEY GET MAD
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: IMG_8957.jpg (67KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8957.jpg
67KB, 720x540px
>>71908935
Kendrick fans BTFO
>>
>>98
>expecting people that get mad over a rap video to actually understand any kind of context instead of sucking it up like an adult
o i m laffn
>>
I'm confused.
If Kendrick specifically said Photoshop, doesn't he mean how magazines/websites/etc. edit pictures of women to fix their imperfections and make her sexy with perfect hair, creating this "false" beauty to sell products?
I thought feminists were against this because regular women have stretch marks and natural hair.
>>
we should start a petition to get p4k to give the new album a 4.5 due to this disgusting display of misogyny that they would be promoting if they gave it bnm
>>
>>111
It's women. What do you expect, mate?
>>
>>111
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Why are they mad? Because a man agrees with them?
>we hate photoshopped models!
>I hate them too!
>FUCK YOU, MALES HAVE NO OPINIONS
>>
>>111
Only women are allowed to make such critiques about feminine identity and beauty standards, shitlord!
>>
>>108
right remember that time all women said that thing and now all women say other thing why can't all women just make up their mind
>>
>>90

As a card carrying member of the far left, it's always seemed super weird to me that the left is so incredibly reluctant to talk about just how socially conservative Black Americans are in aggregate. Like you want a large demographic that is overwhelmingly homophobic and transphobic? Black folks. Especially in the south. Misogyny in Black American culture isn't particularly notable in severity or form except for the degree to which it is/was acceptable in popular culture. But if you walk into a Black church on a Sunday and listen to what's being said it's gonna sound a whole lot more like your stereotypical crazy White church than most people seem to expect. Something something adopting the religion of the oppressor.
>>
>>117
muh misagyny muh raysism muh oppression
>>
>>117
It's true. Some of the most homophobic people I've ever known have been black.
>>
>>108
They just want attention obviously
>>
File: comfy.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
>>71909324
What a qt.
>>
File: alicia-keys-no-makeup.jpg (29KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
alicia-keys-no-makeup.jpg
29KB, 612x380px
>>71909324
>>83
>>
Lmao like Kendrick fucking gives a shit.

That's what I like about him, he doesn't fuck around with all the bullshit that happens on social media. He keeps to himself and only speaks out his opinions through his music.

And fuck twitter niggers. They're the worst.
>>
>>123
haha yeah man he keeps it real
>>
>>65
>least misogynistic mainstream rapper

thats like calling somebody the smartest 4chan poster my dude, not exactly a high bar to clear
>>
>>71909324
You want to tell me that you would be disappointed if the qt3.14 on the left wakes you up with a hug and a kiss.
>>
>>71908893
dude stop posting this in every thread
>>
File: in dex.jpg (9KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
in dex.jpg
9KB, 252x200px
>>125
>>
>>87
how about u let women wear makeup if they want and keep ur garbage opinions to urself
>>
>>74
>>97
t. offended nigger
>>
>>71909324
left one is cuter
>>
X is unironically the future of hip hop

Everyone else is has been and belongs to the early 2010s. The Obama era shit. Xxx is a rapper for the Trump era he's the new vanguard of hip hop as we know it.
>>
>>71908935
LITERALLY NO COMING BACK FROM THIS ONE KENDRICK FUCKS
>>
>>71908893
FUCK OFF MEME RAPPER
>>
>>64
mfw "that isn't kayo dot"
>>
>>71908893
lmao this faggot is trying to be DG
>>
>>64
you're going on after Crispy Ambulance
>>
>>108
>all women think alike
stop posting virgin
>>
I thought their complaint was by saying ass with stretch marks is more attractive it excludes women who naturally don't have that, and he should be saying all women are equal.
Either way it's dumb as shit
>>
>>104
Good point
>>
>>139
no one actually cares outside of the tweets they showed. It was a stupid clickbait article and this is a stupid clickbait thread
>>
The article has no examples of misogyny
It references the stretch marks line
How so? It seems to be supportive of women
Please give me at least an example before you feel the need to shit on a man
>>
>>74
suck my dick you nigger faggot
>>
>>64
wtf i like kendick now

t.this board
>>
File: kek.png (175KB, 653x371px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
175KB, 653x371px
>>64
Lol
>>
>>142
The argument is that he is suggesting women's bodies SHOULD be one way and NOT another -- rather than letting women CHOOSE what to do with their own bodies. That is the very clear argument being made in the tweets. Whether you agree or not is besides the point. There is a clear argument.
>>
>>141
/thread
>>
>>100
That's a good thing, far right and far left are both autistic.
>>
>>146
But... He's making a point that the way that the media tries to use technology like photoshop to hide women as they actually are and create a false impression on people as to how women actually look is harmful to society, especially women
He's not telling women how to be, he's telling us that he hates how the media tries to force women to feel a certain way about their bodies
>>
>>146
He literally says "Show me something natural" not have strechmarks or you die.
>>
>>71
I hope you're fucking banned for that, as I was last time I posting a lewd pepe here
>>
>>138
How do they differ
>>
>>71908893
fuck off adam
>>
>>66
Theyre usually unpaid interns
>>
>special snowflakes
mate, you're the one whinging about an editoral on 4chan of all places. sort your life out, quit being so angry at opinions you disagree with.
>>
LOL welcome to fucking 4chan. One publication posts a feminist piece about Kendrick and suddenly "FEMINISTS WANT TO END RAP MUSIC, FEMINISTS SNOWFLAKES ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD WHAT DO WE DO?"

Smh, you're really showing your male, 4chan.
>>
Hes gonna apologize and be le gentleman because hes a black nigga and its just that easy to win over women in his position.
>>
>>156
>One publication posts a feminist piece about Kendrick
it's not even that they just posted some twitter screenshots as if it qualified as news.
>>
>>103
>>102
So annoying how people like this use greentext instead of explaining their opinion.

In this case, these posters have the most retarded opinions in this entire thread and of course they refuse to explain/elaborate
>>
>>156
yeah, thats pretty much every single board. One (relatively unknown) news story is more than enough to generalize an entire group of people
>>
>>64
I seriously hope he's forced to apologise and he takes the song down and removes it from the album, it was literally the shittest song I've heard from kendrick yet and feminists would be doing us a favor if they get it removed.
>>
>>69
that would be fantastic
>>
>>151
still here ;)
>>
>>145
top kek
>>
This isn't a thing. They screencapped a few tweets and turned it into a bait article for easy clicks from you retards
>>
>>78
I guess liberals are starting to realize that blacks don't like feminist or faggots. This will be an interesting battle.
>>
>>64
There's literally those lines dissing photoshopped images and saying he wants to see natural stuff like stretchmarks. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>68
It's the CURRENT YEAR you guys!
>>
File: 1475083643791.jpg (21KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1475083643791.jpg
21KB, 152x254px
>>64
>feminists and niggers going against each other
>>
>>169
the feminists were niggers too
>>
>>108
they want a woman to say it, they just enjoy the conflict
>>
>>99
>>130
>>>/pol/

t.Trump supporters
>>
>>156
Where do you think you are?
>>
Isn't it weird that these non-existent Twitter women go after any man giving them advice?
>>
>>172
t. cuck
>>
>>175
t. weaponized autism
>>
>>169
>>170
Fuck /pol/tards seriously the cancer of 4chan
>>
>>175
t. tty
>>
>>177
I'm not /pol/. By 4chan standards I'm probably an SJW.
>>
>>108
it's almost like both opinions are from different people and you can't group them all into a single group and get confused when it doesn't all line up
>>
>>179
thing is people with thin skin will take any racial slur as a /pol/ster, and why not. It adds nothing but a shitty sense of humor and bait, utterly dropping and spreading the feces of /pol/ even more you faggot

i dont mind people posting nigger or anything that much but it reaches a volume where i can tell how white you are
>>
File: varglaughing.gif (491KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
varglaughing.gif
491KB, 500x290px
>>79
my sides
>>
>>177
yeah not from /pol/ i probably agree with 90% of them though
>>
>>129
how about u stop being a white knight faggot
>>
>>64
now we know who not humbl, amirite lol
>>
File: rickmayall.jpg (5KB, 210x158px) Image search: [Google]
rickmayall.jpg
5KB, 210x158px
>>181
>when i can tell how white you are

you can tell how white they are by the fact that they are on 4chan
>>
>>82
kdot never mentioned makeup in this song
>>
Thank god his pathetic attempt at being "enlightened" has failed. It was incredibly shallow and annoying, as if he was my dumbass grade school teacher preaching, and he really did fall into the usual problematic dogma of consuming/owning women.
>>
>>65
This
I see no reason why feminists criticize Kendrick. Sure he has a thing against women wearing make-up but feminism is so fucking stupid sometimes that no matter what you say about it you're a misogynist.
>Make-up is good
Oh, so women having to make themselves better for men's standards is good?
>Make-up is bad
Stop telling us what to do, you don't know what it's like to live in a world that doesn't accept your natural looks

I remember some girls were complaining about TPAB being sexist when it came out but I honestly have no clue what the fuck they were on about
>>
>>82
yeah but i feel like that wasn't kdot's point though? Wasn't it that they look fine without makeup and that these naturally occuring things such as stretch marks are not out of the question? Isn't that a good thing for male perception of women?
>>
>>177
/mu/ is a far right board, please see yourself out
>>
>>82
With out being that guy..

The reason you see a pretty girl as more pretty with make-up or an ugly girl as pretty with make-up is due to conditioning, if you grew up around women who had any sense of self worth you'd have never seen them in make-up. The women in my life growing up never wore make-up. So when I see a girl all caked up with bullshit I say to myself I bet she's pretty under all that.
>>
I was confused as all hell when I started seeing people over the line. You'd expect it to be a perk for some of his female fans but this happened instead. Somebody even managed to twist into a criticism of Kendrick not addressing the missing D.C. girls thing.
>>
>>191
no u
>>
Newsflash femenists cunts:
ugly women still look ugly even WITH makeup
makeup causes skin problems and makes you uglier
>>
>>69
In the views of many people he already is. He got some backlash for what he said here
>http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6436268/kendrick-lamar-billboard-cover-story-on-new-album-iggy-azalea-police-violence-the-rapture
>>
>>123
It's truly admirable how chill he is. Most rappers in his position would be throwing subliminal disses everywhere but he always stays calm and collective, and when he does go aggressive like his "Control" verse, it's warranted, he sounds just so sure of himself.
>>
>>100
I'm far right and I love Kendrick. I love that he loves his race and wants to make his community better
>>
>>172
whats wrong with supporting trump
>>
File: 1456168250380.png (153KB, 360x258px) Image search: [Google]
1456168250380.png
153KB, 360x258px
>>156
>Smh, you're really showing your male
>>
>>197
Make no mistake he takes shots but they are definitely not 'subliminal' he makes it very obvious as to who he's talking to. That big pun line is not only a literal pun but it's a metaphor and very intentional.

The guy is small as fuck but has the name Big Sean
>>
>>199
His health is very likely starting to fail.
>>
>>201
I should've clarified that he isn't petty with his disses like most rappers. Nowadays rappers stick to Twitter and interviews to diss each other and Kendrick, as far as I know, hasn't stooped to that level
>>
>>64
What misogynistic prick
>>
>>181

Shut up /pol/ poster!
>>
>>203
Nah he barely uses social media he seems to have the same relationship that Prince did with it.. use it as a tool for promotion and nothing more.
>>
>>177

Bix nood, dindu.
>>
>>132
>thinking that X wont be a one hit wonder and fade into obscurity within 6 months
you must be one of his 15 year old faggot fans who thinks that screaming nonsense into a mic with shitty production is the"future of rap"
>>
File: 1479427334585.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479427334585.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>106
>implying
>>
>>100
/pol/ is pretty pro-Kendrick because he recognizes the shit niggers do. Of course /pol/ would still hate on him if you made a thread but they do the same to Hitler, you literally cannot find a common ground on /pol/ unless you just lurk for a time.
>>
File: kdot.png (218KB, 640x788px) Image search: [Google]
kdot.png
218KB, 640x788px
>>132
>X is unironically the future of hip hop

I'll admit he's pretty good but Kendrick is better than him by miles, think mozart and that one italian dude.
>>
Women were a mistake. That one meme post about women just being memes makes more sense to me every day.
>>
>>64
fake rapper. fake backlash. fake news
>>
File: 1372561966626.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1372561966626.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>64
>“Yal know I love Kendrick & Humble is ah-mazing. BUT that man is hella problematic when it’s comes to women. More specifically Black Women”

These articles aren't even entertaining; just extremely fucking annoying. I exited out of the tab after this line.
>>
>>69
this would be my ultimate sexual fantasy

however sadly it will never happen
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.