[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TOOLS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 71axWb9uJAL._SL1000_.jpg (202KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71axWb9uJAL._SL1000_.jpg
202KB, 1000x1000px
I need advice. I'm planning out which tool set to buy next. I currently have dirt cheap tools that break the first time you use them.

I'm poor so right now I'm stuck between making a decision between the Craftsman 165 piece and 230 piece. Both are the same price.

Is it worth giving up 65 tool pieces to have the wrenches? Or can you convince me to spend the extra hundred for Kobalt of something?

I need a good do-it-all tool set
>>
Bump by op
>>
File: 50534742_614.jpg (34KB, 614x460px) Image search: [Google]
50534742_614.jpg
34KB, 614x460px
>>28274
>I currently have dirt cheap tools that break the first time you use them
How cheap are your tools that they break the first time you use them? I have dog shit Mastercraft tools that go on sale in Canada for like 75% off every other week and they work fine

Still got a 229 piece Stanley set for like $150 to replace them
>>
do you really think you can fit a socket and a big ass ratchet on everything?

get the wrenches
>>
>>29167

I haven't a tool set with no name brand.

It just says "ultra tough ultra steel" and its made in China.

I broke my adapter trying to take off lawnmower blades. It was the first time I used that piece.

Its a 3 year old lawnmower, too.
>>
File: 71vaLzdEVoL._SL1000_.jpg (151KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71vaLzdEVoL._SL1000_.jpg
151KB, 1000x1000px
>>29179

Good point but I'm poor.

Look at this pic! Its the alternative.

Would that tempt you to forgo the wrenches?

There's a Kobalt set that I like but its $200
>>
I highly recommend getting one of the sets with the 75 tooth ratchets. They're a billion times better than the normal Craftsman ones.

This one is only $80 and you can just buy extra wrenches etc separately if you need them.
>>
File: tmp_26652-wdTjQPD_d-795636048.jpg (37KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26652-wdTjQPD_d-795636048.jpg
37KB, 640x356px
Just install a Tem Ray circuit you fool
Only then can you defeat Zeon
>>
>>29370
A reference lost on me
>>
>>29360

I thought those craftsman's had 76 teeth
>>
File: 71F+YLRqn7L._SL1000_.jpg (133KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71F+YLRqn7L._SL1000_.jpg
133KB, 1000x1000px
Here's a Kobalt set I like but its $200

Twice the price of craftsman
>>
>>29167
Anything with "Drop Forged" stamped on it is good for taking off interior trim, and that's about it.
>>29495
Worth every penny. At least with the higher brands you can abuse them (such as striking combo wrenches with a hammer and not have the ring end explode) and they'll still last a DIYer a life time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.