[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How dumb is it to buy a 6.0L power stroke? How dumb is it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

How dumb is it to buy a 6.0L power stroke?

How dumb is it to buy a extended cab, long bed pickup and expect to take it to do light off roading in Colorado? It would mostly be a daily driver.
>>
>>28167
Why do you need such a big, expensive to operate truck?
>>
>>28212
>Need
Yuropoor detected
>>
>>28212
Haul motorcycles to the race track, haul dirtbikes to the mountains, haul me ass to my office job five days a week, and haul guns and crap into the woods to shoot a couple times a month.

My WRX doesn't cut it.
>>
>>28239
Here's a simple flowchart:

Does your truck earn you money? if yes, get diesel. if not, get gas.

Any of the 1500s with the bigger engine would be adequate too.
>>
>>28167
>6.0
That's the only dumb thing. Also, what part of CO.

>>28212
Hard to imagine when you live in a tiny hovel in some shithole part of town and don't own any land, huh?
>>
>>28280
Because diesel is cool. Also, there is a really cheap 6.0 with a manual nearby.

>>28283
North Denver
>>
>>28301
Denver is fun

And you'd be better off with gas
>>
>>28167
If you're not towing a lot a diesel isn't worth it.
>>
>>28301
there's nothing more expensive than a cheap 6.0
>>
>>28323
$8k for a truck with 70,000 miles? How bad can it be?
>>
>>28301
>Because diesel is cool. Also, there is a really cheap 6.0 with a manual nearby.

you've already made up your mind, stop fishing for validation
>>
>>28330
They blow up, have bad engine accessories. Would recommend head studs.
>>
>>28330
Because bulletproofing it costs another 8k.
>>
>>28378
>>28427
jesus, I thought this was just a meme
>>
>>28553
Maybe not 8k but definitely around 5k
>>
>>28301
>north Denver
>tfw no /mo/utist to wheel with
>>
>>28553
No, the 6.0 is absolute trash. They are cheap for a reason and that is because they are hideously unreliable.
>>
>>28167
It'd be ok I suppose as long as you make sure the oil and EGR coolers are new and then disable EGR. After that you've only got a couple of sensors and a couple of pita high pressure rail o-rings to deal with as far as common failures go.
>>
File: 1450145998798.jpg (162KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450145998798.jpg
162KB, 960x720px
>>28212
>need
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.