[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mo/ I just got this zaku II off zeonlist for 2k, what mods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

Hey /mo/ I just got this zaku II off zeonlist for 2k, what mods should i put on it to make it better?
Looking more for performance.
>>
>>26889
just stick some propellant tanks on it and paint it red
>>
File: 180654861.jpg (58KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
180654861.jpg
58KB, 610x407px
>>26889
You could start by spraying the hamburger out of it
>>
>>26889

>Magnetic coated joints.
>High mobility Type thrusters on its legs

If you have the dosh, I suggest a reactor swap and eventually more thrust power and the use of beam weaponry.

But with that money, you might awswell just get a 'Goog.
>>
>>26889
Make sure the Minovsky reactor isn't leaking.

Look for used J parts if you wanna lighten up the chassis.

HT-01B conversion if you wanna be aesthetic.
>>
>buying Zeonic
Enjoy your piece of shit, should have bought something from AE.
>>
>>27422
AE is just zeon with a couple elements of federation design tossed in, but wasn't from mid UC.
>>26889
you're gonna wanna take a look at the char's custom specs. 3 times the speed is absurd, might as well be a whole different mobile suit.
>>
As always, check the reactor.

Swap out the thruster assembly for something new, if you're willing to spend the dosh, get some new joints as well.
Swap out the cockpit block if you want to.
>>
>>28290
>check the reactor
I can't stress what this anon said enough.
I grabbed a old ms-05c off of zeonlist just like OP did and raccoons got into the reactor and ate away at the kanuton valves. At that point I had to do a full reactor disassembly and then realized that it was not worth it. I ended up selling what good parts I had from the reactor. Good thing those early 0078 reactors can fetch a pretty penny for spare parts.
Also found out later that you can just stick a GM reactor in one of the old zakus and it works just fine. Well I mean you just need to mod the mounts a little bit and add some aftermarket cooling systems to make sure it stays under control.
>>
File: JetSteamAttack11.jpg (1MB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
JetSteamAttack11.jpg
1MB, 900x1350px
>>27422
>AE
>Space Jewing intensifies
Zeonic is okay, but men of taste go with Zimmad.
>>
>>26889
keep it stock faggot. it's only original once.
>>
>>28377
this is an earth noid problem only, glad to say no raccoons made it to the sides
>>
>>28377
I work at a MS workshop, and the most common problem with second hand MS is often the reactor. Once someone came in with a GM III and said he could only boot up the computer via external power. Of course, it was obvious that the reactor is acting up. We opened up the reactor hatch, and oh boy, the thing was covered in some unholy mixture of coolant, propellant, and reactor core fluid. Turns out ALL the pipes and tubes were either cracked or outright burst. The filters were choked, the pumps were dead, and the best of all, the reactor sensors were all burnt.
Even if the damn reactor is fine, the sensors being dead meant that he won't even be able to start the reactor except via overriding the safeties.
We told him to just get a new reactor instead of fixing it.
>>
I'm thinking of picking up a used League Militaire Victory gundam setup. The reactor seems to be in good shape since its a newer model but i'm not sure how I feel about the three way combining setup, just seems like there is more opportunity for failure. anybody have experience with combining mobil suits?
>>
>>26889
>Zeonic
Get a Zudah, Zakus can't turn
>>
>>28642
Keep this in mind, the Victories are very disposable MSes.

The connections are prone to failure after a lot of combining, the core fighter's connecting points are usually of a better quality than the torso or leg unit's.
A general tip from Victory owners is that you can keep them combined to keep the connections as intact as possible.
Some people weld the connections together, some mod the OS to remove the combining/separating program entirely.

But remember, you have more maintenance to do even if you weld them together thanks to the combiner set up
>>
File: 20140701211222ad7.jpg (35KB, 384x525px) Image search: [Google]
20140701211222ad7.jpg
35KB, 384x525px
>>26889
If you really wanted performance, you should have bought another MS. At least a Marasai. They cost about the same. But I guess the II is just more iconic.

Your general Builders Parts sets should be FINE especially since you're new moding. Thrusters. Verniers. Tanks. Getting them to work on an antique shouldn't be a problem.

I actually did some modding on my own II. Upgraded the reactor so it could handle the funnels. I shouldn't really put them on everything, but I kinda like just showing off that I CAN use them.
>>
>>28574
>glad to say no raccoons made it to the sides
Funny you say that, Raccoons were the reason Texas colony got so fucked up. Ate right through the control systems.

>>28618
Quite the story you got there.
I honestly hate all the new shit they added MS's after 79. Most of the sensors you see on older Gm models tend to be pretty hardy. You ever see the thermostat system on that thing? it's a fucking solid block of titanium. GmIII's on the other hand tried to be more compact with their sensors systems. That can lead to some other wires and hoses that are too close to the reactor block to start to melt from the heat.

With that being said. It sounds like that GMIII you were working on had it's coolant line ruptured from the heat. And the coolant must of corroded away at the reactor over the years.
>>
>>26889
LS1 swap it. You can get one from the wreckers for $500 and it would only take a weekend to swap it in.

Get the 6 speed manual for max performance and economy.
>>
>>28751
>And the coolant must of corroded away at the reactor over the years.
Pretty much, the reactor didn't look like a reactor when we washed off that thick layer of that unholy mixture.

Another thing about post 79 MS, corrosive coolant. Sure the new coolant works better(and you need em for the new reactors which can easily hit critical temperature), but fuck, once the coolant line bursts or something you gotta shut the thing down and get it to the workshop. You can't just leave it like that, eventually the pipes would be corroded, then you'll have more problems. Worst case scenario? The reactor goes critical and burns shit in its vicinity, you call in the authorities to deal with it(Usually they just shoot the reactor with a beam rifle after evacuating the area), and your neighbors now hate you forever.
A friend of mine had a GM, and he had the thing running around for like a year even after the coolant line ruptured. He kept the reactor at a good temperature and would turn it off every hour or so to cool it off when he was using it. He brought it in, aside from the slimy layer of the coolant inside once we opened the hatch, there wasn't much of a problem.
>>
File: spd_20090811172536_b.jpg (88KB, 410x530px) Image search: [Google]
spd_20090811172536_b.jpg
88KB, 410x530px
>>26889
I've got a weird problem.

Recently received a Bawoo from my grandmother, from back when she was in Neo Zeon. I've opened it up and I can't find anything wrong with it. She's taken good care of it.

Problem is when I transform it. The nutter just does whatever it wants. We have to just reattach it after we retrieve it from wherever it decided to fly off to.

I don't know a thing about AI. Is there an easy way to fix it?

I've been thinking about just take out the autopilot entirely using some old Qubely parts to turn the nutter into a glorified funnel so I can control it manually. But that feels blasphemy to gut the old bird like when she's otherwise in perfect condition.
>>
>>28859
Cool thing with the original GM's was that they were a hybrid cooling system.
Now I'm more of a early 79 zeon sort of guy. But I got to hand it to AE for the air coolers.

I remember reading something about testing the the aquatic GM's that they were testing. They initially just removed all the hoses for the cooling system and let water free flow around the reactor. Did not work too well outside of the water. Guess when the Z'gok came out they wanted to do something similar and how the air cooling turbine worked in both air and water. Reckon the engineers were just lazy.
>>
>>28751
Funnily enough, my GM almost had a similar thing happen. Nothing wrong with the cooling systems, but one day I just noticed it was running a bit hot, and when I checked it didn't have any coolant whatsoever. I know it had coolant in it before, so maybe the system just decided to vent it for some reason.

It's a good MS though, just wish the paint and main thruster throttles weren't so wonky on mine...

>>28696
I prefer how the ZZ did it honestly, prototype though it may be. I mean the thing fucking runs on Unix, you just need a few commands and you've remapped the gattai lever to something more useful. Shame about the MS-DOS in it too though...
>>
>>28943
Honestly you can just stick a Zudah engine system on the thing and call it good. Looks ugly but works.
>>
>>28971
be sure to upgrade the cooling if you do that though, engine runs hot even stock
>>
File: 01.gif (77KB, 585x660px) Image search: [Google]
01.gif
77KB, 585x660px
I dunno if there's another thread for this, but I recently got a Sacred Guardian. It seems really helpful at times, but seemingly at random it'll just sit right the fuck down and do nothing. It's never a hindrance for it to do so, but I don't know why it does it and if I should be concerned.

Other than that, the thing kicks ass.
>>
>>28985
Trick is to use it in short bursts.
Extra cooling helps too. But then the G's of the sustained acceleration start to break it apart.
>>
>>28939
Generally I don't get the masive boners everybody has for OYW suits, but there's really nowhere else to go if you want a reliable aquatic suit.

There are only so many Capules on the market. And as silly as it looks, nothing handles as well as a Zock when you're diving.
>>
>>29026
>Zock
Guessing you are doing more heavy work underwater?
I mean yeah those are great MA's to use underwater when you are picking up wreckage and shit. But I can still do the same thing with some slightly modified worker zaku's.
>>
I'm in the market for a GM. Feeling like customizing one, make it more to my tastes. But there's a billion variants on the damn thing. Seriously, there's like 4 things called "GM Sniper". Should I just get basic one and work from there, or should I trying to find a variant that's already closer to what I have in mind?
>>
>>29096
Honestly I would stick with stock or go with the ground combat model.
>>
>>29067
Zock ain't an MA. It was a suit, just a huge one. Granted, I've legit tripped over myself using that the thing on land.

And yes, I guess you're right. I do oceanography research. I guess a marine Zaku will do it for most people, but I want something dedicated for the job.
>>
So I'm looking to get an Acguy and am wondering how customisable are they?
I tend to do a lot of work underwater but at the same time I would like to use it for the odd job around the homestead and if I can't mod it without replacing the entire frame of a part then I may as well just get a shitty hygogg.
>>
>>29096
Get a GM III if you can afford one. Any specialized equipment for older models like Night Seeker gear will work on it or can easily be reconfigured for it.

And yes the snipers get confusing. The original is just some custom mods for ace pilots. The GM Sniper II is it's own suit that's pretty high performance for the time, almost as fast as an 78-2. The last sniper is very rare variant of the already almost impossible to find Ground GM, so just forget that even exists.

Though if you want a Sniper or a OYW GM, the GM Sniper II is a fine suit.

>>29109
Only dozens of ground GMs were even MADE. They were literally made with spare parts. If you can actually find one on the market, it's a collector's item. Not "my first GM."
>>
>>29163

>hygogg
>shitty

Son, is this your first time on the board? Those arms don't lie, even if they've gotta look silly at first. See, the thing with Z's MS is that they were put together for one purpose only, and they're gonna get at it better than any Nero or Nemo ever would. Not that they're bad, but it hurts a bit that they were drawn up to be jack-of-all-trades.
>>
>>28781
This man knows what's going on.
>>
File: Geze.jpg (889KB, 1746x2171px) Image search: [Google]
Geze.jpg
889KB, 1746x2171px
I've been looking to buy something for myself on the cheap- really cheap. I don't want a Petite MS or Junior Mobile Suit, but I can't afford a worker variant of a mainline suit. Would a Geze be a good option? If it's any help I'm keeping this thing on the ground, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be space capable but I'm not entirely sure it'd be safe considering its cockpit setup.
>>
>>29163
I don't know much about modding Acguys, but they share loads of parts with the Zaku II despite appearances. As a result, they're easy to repair and find parts for and I'm sure a lot of Zaku turn ups will work on the Acguy.

And it's a big burly suit so it's not bad for manual labor. But if you're going that route, make sure you get extra claws for it if you're using it for labour. Most Acguys only have one claw. And some that you find don't have any and only have missile hands. And even then, the claws can break. Luckily, here's third party ones out there still getting made.
>>
>>29096

Ever thought about the actual Custom line? Might be a bit hard to find nowadays, but it'll work like a babe with almost everything pre- and post-OYW. Should go well with whatever you have in mind, but remember to check the type of hand plugs they've got on before buying.

Word is that people like to have them refit with T3 stuff sometimes, that shit is both illegal and reckless.
>>
>>29163
Acguy can have some weird mods added to them.
You can throw most if not all parts from a zaku II onto it and it will work. Well except the frame.
Manipulator is pretty shit when it comes to dexterity so I would suggest replacing the forearms with ones you find on worker zaku's. Bit more intuitive to work with.

>>29197
Fucking hell dude did you not hear? They did a big ol fucking throwback thing where they reproductions of them. For what they are worth they are decent. I mean if you are staying terrestrial.
>>
File: rgm-79-gh-gundam-head.jpg (45KB, 480x550px) Image search: [Google]
rgm-79-gh-gundam-head.jpg
45KB, 480x550px
you guys won't believe the deal i got on this Gundam
>>
File: Rms-1116h.jpg (276KB, 368x530px) Image search: [Google]
Rms-1116h.jpg
276KB, 368x530px
>>29236
The wannabe ace pilots on this board don't really like them because they're aren't a military unit, but they still produce new Hobby Hizacks even today. They're cheap because you aren't buying decades old war wreckage off of people. Just a legit civilian mobile suit.

It's a little pricier than a Geze, but you're getting something much more reliable.
>>
>>29241
>>29252
The Acguy can share parts with a Zaku II? Shit, I'm ordering one now.

I'm still keeping the one claw hand and one missile hand setup, though, since I think that with a little modification (and a high chance of blowing up if there isn't a user manual online) I can turn them into a fertiliser/pesticide spray.

Has anyone had any success with getting an acguy to fly or would it be cheaper to pick up a secondhand dodai while I'm shopping?
>>
>>29277
Do you want to break it to him or me?
>>
File: AMX-109_Capule.png (124KB, 378x440px) Image search: [Google]
AMX-109_Capule.png
124KB, 378x440px
>>29295

If you want a land, sea, and space mobile suit, you might as well just get a Capule since it is all terrain right out of the box.

Otherwise, I think it'd be a pain having to replace the backpack and doing all the rewiring in the legs.
>>
File: IMG_0447.jpg (722KB, 1882x1699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0447.jpg
722KB, 1882x1699px
I picked these two clunkers up from a police auction.

Anything I should be on the lookout for, /mo/? Never had anything from Shinohara before...
>>
>>29319
I like the design of the Acguy and have enough time to spend modding it for what little I need it to do above surface. I don't need to take it to space, I just wanted it in the air for test firing the fertiliser spray missile since if it explodes up there it'll still be somewhat effective compared to exploding on the ground.
>>
>>29252
Those bootlegs are just modified, overpriced GMs made to look like the real thing. And they go cheap on the Gundarium Alloy for the selective armor plating instead of using the actual partial Luna Titanium that made them unique in the first place.

It's just some promotional crap you pay a premium for.
>>
File: Ms-07h-4-alt.jpg (640KB, 1299x1878px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-07h-4-alt.jpg
640KB, 1299x1878px
>>29329
Ah, atmospheric is a different story. I guess I was just confused atmospheric flight is kinda rare.

It should be compatible with Gouf Flight Test Type parts and I've seen modding kits around for trying to convert a standard Gouf into one. Shouldn't be expensive.

That said, the Acguy is a heavier girl and that might lead to some problems.
>>
>>29345
All good. I'm looking at the Acguy as more of a long-term investment. Maybe something to keep in the family for a few generations as a work machine.

Actually, speaking of keeping it around for ages, most places I look at seem to keep their Acguys on land when not in use (I was thinking of keeping it below the water and having it come up when I send a signal). Is there a reason for that, like a well known fault, or is it just their personal preferences?
>>
>>29363
Generally, even if its an aquatic MS, keep it dry is a good idea.

Prevents rust and all that from happening if something happens. You never know when a part will crack or something and the next thing you know, the whole thing is flooded and you have overhaul the MS
>>
>>29374
Ok then, thanks for that.
>>
>>29283
I agree the Hobby is reliable, especially over a fucking Geze of all things, but
>buying a neutered Hizack

Why would you cuck yourself like that? Just go online and look for someone selling a real Hizack second-hand for cheap. They're easy to come by, and they're pretty reliable mobile suits.

Here's mine. I put some work into restoring it, but it was relatively cheap, far cheaper than a brand new UC 0093 Hobby, and there's still room for mods. Plus, a Hobby is just really a refurbished, surplus model made to look good for normie spacenoids.
>>
>>29327
THERE'S ONLY ONE REASON YOU'D BUY A PATLABOR, AND IT'S BECAUSE YOU WANNA LOOK LIKE A COP.

IT'S BECAUSE YOU WANNA LOOK LIKE A COP

YOU GOT IT BECAUSE COPS PILOT IT

IF COPS PILOTED GM II'S, YOU'D GET A GM II.

IF COPS PILOTED VOTOMS, YOU'D GET A VOTOM.

IF COPS PILOTED VIFAMS, YOU'D GET A VIFAM.

AUTHORITY GETS YOU OFF, AND YOU KNOW IT.
>>
>>29283
Aha, never considered that. Man, I oughta have figured for that a while ago, thanks.

>>29397
I'm not looking for ex-mil stuff, and it'd be outta my price range to boot.
>>
>>26889
Psssssh a Ball can smoke a Zaku with just a few simple mods

- 5 Tube Missile Pod
- Gatling Shield
- 75mm Gatling Gun
- ZMP-50D 120mm Machine Gun (100-round drum)
- M-120A1 120mm Machine Gun
- MMP-78 Machine Gun (100-round drum)
- Flamethrower
- ZIM/M.T-K175C 175mm Recoilless Rifle
- MMP-80/90mm Ver.8 Machine Gun
- H&L-GB05R/360mm Giant Bazooka
- BOWA-XBR-M-79-07G Beam Rifle
- NF GMG-Type.37/100mm Machine Gun
- Prototype Beam Rifle
- BLASH HB-L-03/N-STD Hyper Bazooka
- HWF GMG·MG79-90mm Bullpup Machine Gun
- YHI 6ML-79MM 6-tube Missile Launcher
- NFHI*EPHB-type.Doc-04/380mm Hyper Bazooka
- RGM*S-Sh-WF/S-00109 Shield
- ZMP-50D/120mm Machine Gun
- H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka
- H&L-GB03K/360mm Giant Bazooka
- Heat Hawk Type5
- Shotgun (Renchef Use)
- 3-barrel 35mm Machine Cannon
- 12 x Hand Grenade
- 2 x Hyper Bazooka
- 2 x Grenade Launcher
- 2 x Anti-Ship Missile Launcher
- 6 x Anti-Ship Missile
- 4 x Grenade Rack
- 12 x Hand Grenade
- 3 x Shield
- 3 x I-Field Generator
- 2 x Hyper Beam Javelin
- I-Field Beam Drive System
- DHGCP power plant

im making 27000 kW with NO LIMBS because limbs are only for show
>>
>>26889
LS MOWTOWR in its scrotum, BALD EAGLE AND FLAGS, 'Murica
>>
>>29451
Everyone and their mum has modded a ball. Where I'm from, you're made to do if you take beginners mobile suit engineering as an elective in high-school.

So if you're not going to be conductive, then leave.

Also,
>removing the arms from a ball
>not modding the arms
That should show you how little you care about modding a MS.
>>
>>29451
>Literally just strapping guns and missiles on it

>Removing the arms
You fucking faggot
>>
>>29423
I died, thanks
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488682619716.jpg (35KB, 480x501px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488682619716.jpg
35KB, 480x501px
Slap this sticker on for +10KW
>>
Where i can get a cheap BALL, im starting.
>>
>>29670
>mylifeme image
>>29680
ball is a meme
>>
>>29679
Only 10? Smh anon I'm gonna need a lot more if I want to make the VSBR's I'm fitting work.
>>
>>28874
Well, this is a little complicated, but try downloading a flight simulator off the net and configure it to the Bawoo's specs.
Disconnect the sensor and control cables from the Bawoo and plug it to the external computer running the simulator, then get in the Bawoo and fly it inside the simulator.
This tricks the MS computer into thinking that its NOT running a system test run, and you can check if its the computer acting u.

As to why I suggest that, there's a few cases of MS being really strange when you pilot em, as though they were haunted or something, when one of em were set to software test they work normally, but in real tests they go crazy. Some owners of such MS claim to see ghosts in the MS, no idea if its true, but I wouldn't want to mess with em.

If its one of those MS, you might want to consider swapping the cockpit block entirely, and probably get a priest.
>>
>>29921
>>28874
Ok, my mate used to own a Bawoo and what he did was a run a full scan of the OS once it had been separated. It turns out that there is actually a hidden sub-program that only shows up when separated and that is the cause of most of the problems.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.