[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mo/ think about Fast and Furious franchise generally?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

What does /mo/ think about Fast and Furious franchise generally?
>>
needs more robots
>>
everything after kyoto drift is sci-fi with dumb storyline and even dumber action
>>
It needs to go back to them racing, not robbing and doing government work
>>
>>23834
"Dumb fun" sums it up nicely.

The first three actually tried to be serious movies, but then they just decided to go fully ridiculous with the following entries. I think critics were lenient with 4-7 because they realized the ridiculous dialogue and over-the-top action was intentional. Not gonna win any Oscars, but they were never supposed to.

As silly as that first movie is... You can't deny the massive influence it had on car culture.
>>
First film is about Dom stealing DVD players man.
>>
File: fast n furious.jpg (23KB, 526x295px) Image search: [Google]
fast n furious.jpg
23KB, 526x295px
>>23834
I finally have a reason to fucking post this now.
>>
>>24003
I would like this to, but I think they were just having trouble expanding the storyline while keeping it solely about underground street racing. Raising the stakes, getting them into bigger shit was the easiest way to move things along.
>>
>>24079
What influence?
>>
>>24302
Woah. Calm down, EdgeMaster!
>>
>WOW THESE CARS CAN DODGE HELICOPTERS!! NEXT MOVIE LET'S MAKE THEM DODGE TORPEDOS!!

I can't wait until they have to outrun the ISS while there is a countdown to nuclear Armageddon.
>>
>>23834
watched up to tokyo drift (which is my favourite one). I found it to be cool until that point. after that the movies turned to really bore me
>>
File: asians.png (465KB, 880x630px) Image search: [Google]
asians.png
465KB, 880x630px
I watched some of them for the first time around New Years. The first one was amazing. So bad it's good, but not in an incompetent way. Second one was boring as fuck. Stopped watching half an hour in. Then I watched Tokyo Drift, and that was a solid ass B-movie with at least average acting all around, a functional plot, and decent to above average action scenes.

Should I bother with any of the others?
>>
>>25036
The rest of the series is closer to the second one, so if you didn't like it then don't watch the rest.
>>
File: afdsdfa.png (953KB, 1097x519px) Image search: [Google]
afdsdfa.png
953KB, 1097x519px
>>25046
That sucks. Don't think the first one's appeal can ever be captured again, but I could go for more along the lines of Tokyo Drift.
>>
>>25036
>Should I bother with any of the others?
Sure. Just know beforehand that their plot no longer centers on the underground illegal street racing scene. It's more like heists, smuggling, doing shit for the government...

Pretty ridiculous, but it's really just an excuse to watch nice cars defy physics and parade sluts around.
>>
File: RidinDirty.jpg (109KB, 516x623px) Image search: [Google]
RidinDirty.jpg
109KB, 516x623px
>>23834
/o/ here, the fast and the furious is trash
and it's a poorly done "No man's land" knockoff
>>
>>25129
>No man's land
What the fuck is that? Most people compare it to Point Break.
>>
>>23834
I liked 1, 3, 4, 5. After that don't care.
>>
>>23834
only the first movie was good.
>>
>>25178
1987 movie starring Charlie Sheen and D.B. Sweeney.
Undercover cop infiltrates car thief gang and falls in love with the leader's sister. The leader ends up learning that he's a cop.
>>
>>25211
>1987 movie
>tfw wasn't even born yet
>>
>>25225
I wasn't either. Still enjoyed it though.
>>
>>25180
1 is clearly the best. 2 is fucking garbage and has zero redeeming qualities. 3 has its moments but is mostly meh. 4-7 all kind of blend together and I find myself forgetting which one I'm watching.
>>
>>23834
tokyo drift>the rest
>>
do they even street race any more after the 4th movie?? Does the franchise even encourage illegal street racing anymore? Pink slips all that?
>>
>>24109
>Not "Jumping onto White Base"
You had one job /mo/
>>
>>23834
I think 1 and Tokyo Drift are the best.

Tokyo Drift has this really nice atmosphere, I like it a lot
>>
>>25095
>it's really just an excuse to watch nice cars defy physics and parade sluts around.
I'm here for robots, but I can respect that.
>>
>>25095
>riceshit
>"""""nice cars"""""
>>
>>25648
there was one in the 6th film between Dom and Letty. Plus that Race Wars bit at the begining of the seventh.
>>
>>23834
>Fast and Furious franchise generally?
The cast of FF typically rices up their cars. In contrast, /o/ mocks such people but paradoxically accepts those FF ricers.
>>
>>23834
I still enjoy it, but I like it now because the action is so fucking ridiculously bad and cheesy that it is entertaining.
>>
>>25265
Two had a pretty good race in the middle against those muscle cars, but the overall plot was shit
>>
File: tmp_4915-1490555784840-330631785.jpg (156KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4915-1490555784840-330631785.jpg
156KB, 1000x563px
Most of the people I know irl that go on and on about those movies are Juggalos so I always assumed they were fucking garbage but idk could be wrong
>>
>>27665
Latinos and blacks absolutely love the franchise since 5.
>>
>>23834
Vin Diesel is kinda hot
>>
>>23834
>What does /mo/ think about Fast and Furious franchise generally?
The series has morphed into a variation of james bond plots where the ensemble cast now fights crime, does spy shit, and probably in future movies will fight terrorism without mentioning muslims, islam, or other standard sources of terrorism threats. That means it will be crime gang type terrorism.

Hopefully the Riddick franchise has a few more polite like chances.
>>
>>>/wsg/1621585
>>
>>23834

The Rock is a bad actor but is weirdly charming all the same. I honestly don't get it.
>>
The Need for Speed movie was miles better than any of them.
>>
File: thewraith.jpg (53KB, 576x421px) Image search: [Google]
thewraith.jpg
53KB, 576x421px
>>25211
How about that other Charlie Sheen /mo/ film from the 80s? You know, the one they always show on TV.
>>
>>28386
The wairth, great movie and cars , terrible acting.
>>
File: images (19).jpg (34KB, 398x369px) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
34KB, 398x369px
>>26846
>>
File: 1482290031916.png (249KB, 400x573px) Image search: [Google]
1482290031916.png
249KB, 400x573px
>>28483
>>
>>28520
Assmad GM fangirl detected
>>
>>23834
1-3 were decent to great, went to shit after that.
>>
>>26858

Watched Fast5 last night, there was a bit of street racing through the film.

They're more just about EXTREME DRIVING now.
>>
>>29153
Just go watch 1, 3, and 5. Those three atleast know on what kind of movies they are.
>>
I'll never get tired of defending the first movie.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.