[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robotech LAM BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

File: unnamed.jpg (23KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
23KB, 182x268px
Ghost in the shell is a huge box office flop.

Thank God now robotech LAM won't be made.

If they flopped with an anime with a great story. Why would they risk with one they only have the title.
>>
If someone saw the movie, give us the highlights. I wanna laugh at this shit.
>>
>>22971
I think everyone knew this is exactly what was going to happen. At least the Cowboy Bebop movie never went into production.

>>22996
Haven't seen it, but from what I've heard, the plot was replaced by brain dead action and "good vs evil" levels of conflict.
>>
>>22996
Mary Killemall was once a girl name Makoto Kusanagi
also middle aged women look middle aged
>>
Give me the numbers, yesterday I saw something along the lines of 1-2 Million dollars, but just seems way too little.
>>
>>22971
good
>>
>>22996
I haven't seen the movie yet, but if you watch the trailer, you know everything is wrong.

>Major isn't a human turned cyborg
>batou got his "eyes" in the armed forces, not after
>Togusa is the bad ass with the revolver, not Aramaki
>major is supposed to be naked when using stealth gear, not because we like boobies, but because she is a cyborg and programmed to be what she is. Part of her being naked with no care is to disconnect her "humanity" from humanity. How the fuck did they miss this?
>Scarlet isn't in shape enough to play a cyborg badass.

I will wait till it is on DVD then I will torrent it and give the finger to the system.
>>
I saw the movie for free (advantages of having a friend working in a movie theather).

I felt conflicted, the movie was good for my Cyberpunk needs, but as a GITS thing it was too weird, it had some references though from the anime and movies. I felt that the movie was more to appeal fans than for normal people honestly. And it fail at both. I like it though.
>>
>>24921
That's exactly what I assumed was going to happen. Because of this, they should have just given it a different title and left the glory and goodness that is GITS out of it.
>>
>>24947
When I saw the trailers I felt this Cyberpunk vibe from it. That's why I guess I enjoy it more, as GITS fan it was so so, Batou and the boss were cool though. I wish Togusa would have more screen time.
>>
Actually really liked it. Borrowed visuals from animated movie, but plot and characterizations seemed to be more from ARISE and SAC, probably why the neckbeards are having issues with it, they've never seen any other takes on GitS.

Solid 8/10, but its getting slammed in reviews because Muh Whitewashing.
>>
>>24860
>>major is supposed to be naked when using stealth gear, not because we like boobies, but because she is a cyborg and programmed to be what she is. Part of her being naked with no care is to disconnect her "humanity" from humanity. How the fuck did they miss this?

If this was a French-Japanese film instead of Hollywood they could have kept it

The French are huge weeaboos too. Ouiabeaus
>>
>>22971
If they were going to have a white actress for the lead, they should have set it in America and change more stuff radically instead of half measures.
>>
>>24860
>major is supposed to be naked when using stealth gear
no
>>
File: shouldhavecastedher.jpg (420KB, 1436x1920px) Image search: [Google]
shouldhavecastedher.jpg
420KB, 1436x1920px
>>22971

really wish this casted this person as major instead
>>
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/03/ghost-in-the-shell-film-might-be-the-worst-live-action-reboot-ever/

Box office bomb & flop confirmed
>>
>>24860
>major is supposed to be naked when using stealth gear, not because we like boobies, but because she is a cyborg and programmed to be what she is. Part of her being naked with no care is to disconnect her "humanity" from humanity. How the fuck did they miss this?
No you jackass, it was just that the stealth suit was shitty and couldn't be used with the rest of her equipment, you can clearly see that she is wearing something in the movie
>>
>>24860
>>major is supposed to be naked when using stealth gear,
She was never naked, watch again faggot.
>>
>>25096
Who is she?
>>
>>22996
Visually it tries to be like Blade Runner, but never quite gets there.
The cityscapes either show the grunge of the slums like the original, or the downtown areas with clean, grey towers and holographic advertisements gleaming colorfully. But it's almost entirely shown during overcast days. So the slums look bright, if old. The bright lights of the downtown don't pop the way they would at night, as seen in Blade Runner. There were a lot of callbacks to the Oshii movie, but they're so hollow and pointless and only there because Oshii did it.
The change in the Major's backstory was eye-rollingly dumb. And ScarJo's "acting" is a lot of mumble-grumble while she stares into the middle distance. Which is supposed to look introspective but just looks directionless.
Aramaki had the nice touch of speaking only in Japanese, but they really needed to decide on a place for his subtitles. They appear at semi-random locations around the screen, rather than just at the bottom.
Batou's accent was a little distracting, and he got his eyes way too late into the movie, but other than that, was pretty on-point.
Togusa's mullet is on full display, and we do get a brief glimpse at his old revolver.
Ishikawa's only memorable moment was joking about having gotten a cybernetic liver and can drink even more now.
Saito does one thing in the whole movie, but it was admittedly pretty cool.
The chick who replaced Pazu is in it quite a bit, but I can't remember them saying her name at all.
Borma is only in the background of like one or two scenes.

In the end, it was far more competently made than I expected, but it's still not good. It takes the style from Blade Runner and runs it through a Mass Effect filter and then spooges some Oshii on a copy of the RoboCop remake.
>>
>>22996

>movie gets accused of whitewashing
>they deny white washing
>the main character is originally a Japanese girl who was kidnapped and put into a whitegirls body
>But muh robot body
>>
>>22971
>tfw /tv/ thinks it was good
>>
>>25656

Who gives a shit about whitewashing. I only care if the movie was good.
>>
>>25464
>Borma is only in the background of like one or two scenes.
Just like every version of gits
>>
>>25082
Flesh colored bodysuits, futuristic.
>>
>>25464
so it's basically what everyone expected? a hollow shell remake with no point?
>>
>>26156
Pretty much. I didn't utterly loathe it like I expected to, so there's that.
>>26078
Hey, he had like... three whole lines in the SAC series.
>>
File: RuinedScenes.jpg (751KB, 1040x2940px) Image search: [Google]
RuinedScenes.jpg
751KB, 1040x2940px
>>25464
Pretty much this. There's a handful of updated scenes from the original, with about 25 minutes of mediocre cyberpunk shit in between each of them.

None of them had anywhere near as much impact as the original movie did, the garbage man interrogation was like a huge "Whoah" moment for my friends that have never watched anime before. Ruined by needing to fill every moment with dialogue instead of grim silence meant for solemn introspection.

This fucker is a 2 hour long runtime. People in my group fell asleep, the other 4 people in the IMAX fell asleep. (Also watching this drunk in IMAX was not a bad experience, I most def. would have fallen asleep if I saw it in 2D)

Also I cringed at the overabundant use of "Cyber" in the movie. that term is too dated for me to take seriously, even as a regular /m/aggot like me.
>>
>>25464
Some of the bladerunner-esque visuals were neat.
Huge dirty cityscapes, bright advertisements and holographic koi fish swimming between buildings looked pretty neat (in IMAX at least)
>>
>>22971
Called it.

You don't fuck up the story, the philosophy and even the ethnicity of the characters and expect it do well.

>>23022
They made a Cowboy bebop movie but I assume you're referring to a live action adaptation?
>>
>>26044
But the fact they whitewashed is the reason the whole story was ruined.

And now they want Jordan Peele to direct Akira.

I can only fucking hope this shitshow cans that quick.
>>
>>27074
No bro, cause it turns out she was a nip all along.
>>
>>25037
>ouiabeaus
Kek
>>
>>27125
True, but that twist went over like a lip dick, and missed a huge opportunity to explore the GITS humanity and identity theme from a new angle... from the angle that she was asian, but now reconstructed into a white woman.

Or they could have just cast a Jap and been done with it.
>>
>>27074
>And now they want Jordan Peele to direct Akira.
is this real?
>>
>>27125
That's the point, why the fuck did she get turned into a white woman in first place then? It had nothing to do with the fucking plot.

Do we simply fucking ignore that? Or could they have did the fucking simple thing cast an Asian actress, and stick closer to the plot without making up so much BS to tiptoe around that glaring fuck up.
>>
>>27163
That's the rumor.

Not saying he might not pull it off but christ at least hire a director familiar with the source material, and familiarity with the culture it came from.

Not saying it has to be a cookie cutter version of the anime but Sanders shit all over the GITS plot, becuase I don't think he fucking cared about the original.
>>
>>27147
>lip dick
Excuse me, what?
>>
>>27195
You don't have luscious lips at the end of your urethra? Fucking plebeian.
>>
>>27147
Yeah but then we wouldn't we able to look at Scarjos ass for 2 out of the 120 minute runtime OR her stupid fucking hair.

They should have CG'd her face with an asians, and keep the ass. and blow the minds of american AND japanese audiences.
>>
>>27207
Her ass would get its own spot in the credits.
>>
>>27195
Ask /d/.
>>
>>27205
Oh thats what it is, I was picturing a dick top lip and dick bottom lip.
>>
>>27205
Fucking kek m8

I meant limp dick
>>
>>22971
WE TOLD YOU SO!
>>
>>27060
Yeah, Keanu Reeves was gonna be Spike Spiegel.
>>
>>25971
What? They were mainly mocking it too.
>>
What if they got an actual robot to play the Major instead of ScarJo?

Would it have been saved?
>>
Is it actually doing that bad? From what I've read, Ghost in the Shell is tied for second place with Boss Baby, behind Beauty and the Beast (and that's a disney flick, so it was bound to be at the top).

https://gma.yahoo.com/box-office-scarlett-johansson-ghost-shell-launches-1-150759668.html

That said, as other anons mentioned, I thought the movie was aggressively mediocre. Not the worst thing ever, but the acting was fairly poor IMO and the script laughable. They really hit you over the head with the ghost = soul and "DA MAJAH IS NAHT A ROBUT" themes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (29KB, 770x403px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29KB, 770x403px
>>22971
I'm glad this movie was shit

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING PLOT SUMMARY

>In the near future, Major (Scarlett Johansson) is the first of her kind: A human saved from a terrible crash, who is cyber-enhanced to be a perfect soldier devoted to stopping the world's most dangerous criminals. When terrorism reaches a new level that includes the ability to hack into people's minds and control them, Major is uniquely qualified to stop it. As she prepares to face a new enemy, Major discovers that she has been lied to: her life was not saved, it was stolen. She will stop at nothing to recover her past, find out who did this to her and stop them before they do it to others. Based on the internationally acclaimed Japanese Manga, "The Ghost in the Shell." Written by Paramount Pictures
>>
>>22971
That's what you were afraid of? You should actually be afraid of the cowboy bebop, eva, and akira movies that are in development hell coming roaring back if this piece of shit were to make money.
Plus gits isn't a good movie anyway, people just love it's visual direction. And I like Oshii.
>>
>>24860
>batou got his "eyes" in the armed forces, not after
Didn't he?
>Togusa is the bad ass with the revolver, not Aramaki
I've never seen Aramaki so much as lift a gun.
>>
I haven't been watching any hollywood movies of recent years but my god has it really gotten this bad, this movie was complete braindead eye candy. cant they make anything with more substance?
>>
>>28396
The acting would have been less stiff.

Also, no. Nothing was ever going to save this.
>>
>>28489
>gits isn't a good movie anyway, people just love it's visual direction
are u talking about the new movie or the anime?
>>
>>28469
THAT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>28542
I really liked the movie, and Scarlett Johansen is a babe
>>
>>25096
seconded for who is this?

Also I agree, couldn't forget that I was watching scarjo insteaf of major, and she was also too fat.
>>
>>28563
Yeah but you have a fucking shit-taste, cruiser cuck
>>
>>22971
I'm not getting the hate for this. It certainly wasn't as good as the source material, but it was about a 6.5/10.
>>
File: IMG_20170322_220630.jpg (1MB, 2604x1934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_220630.jpg
1MB, 2604x1934px
>>28572
>Implying I own a cruiser
I bet you have never seen a vagina irl
>>
>>25344
>>28564

Melissa O'Neil, she's like half Chinese or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_HX4GLd1Js
>>
>>28588
>like scarjo
>calls other virgins
lel you're the one acting like a 13 year old boy just undergoing puberty. Get some taste for real. Start by watching better movies with better actresses.
>>
>>27173
Read the manga, fag. She says numerous times that she prefers caucasian-looking bodies.
>>
>>28588
lmao do you live in a rape dungeon?

>fz6
even more embarrassing than owning a cruiser desu
>>
>>28633
She's not a good actress, but she's damn pretty. She's kind of like the female Ryan gosling. Attractive, but plays characters who all seem like they have aspergers.

It was a good movie, I liked how it came out
>>
>>28579
>Come on, guys. We should really all be singing the praises of this 6.5 of a film! Hooray for mediocrity!

Come on, son.
>>
File: IMG_20170319_125819.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_125819.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>28668
No that's my underground garage.

The bike is pretty fun though, it just werks
>>
>>28671
>but she's damn pretty
kek not anymore she's not. This was a terrible casting decision. she's aged like milk and the problem would have just gotten worse and worse if there were sequels
>>
>>27207
Why not keep ScarJo, but with a CG Asian ass?
>>
>>28671
she is too fat.
>>
>>28704
do u want to meet up behind the mcdonalds and suck each other dicks fellow co bro?
>>
>>28955
only if you have a girlpucci, otherwise we can do wheelies to drown out the feelies.
>>
>>28998
>>28955
comp dropped trip
>>
>>28998
boipucci :--(
I'll drive around at night hoping to find you from now on.
>>
>>22971
Reminder that scarlet a shit SHIT!
>>
>>22996
the major is now a kidnapped teenage runaway who was writing an antitechnology manifesto with her boyfriend hideo kuze when the government/hanka kidnap them and use them for experiments in putting a human brain (the whole thing with a metal shell) into a robot body

hideo kuze is to violent for it to work, hanka tries to terminate him but he managed to escape and is the main villain trying to kill everyone envolved in the plot. the major is the first "successful" experiment and is given to section 9 to look after and test her abilities as a weapon
>>
>>29039
That's fucking stupid. Someone gas the writers
>>
>>29039
How is this Hideo Kuze guy a villain?
>>
>>28068
I'm not sure about Spike, but after seeing John Wick and its sequel I'm convinced he'd make a great Vicious.
>>
>>29050
He is the "misunderstood villian" the real villian ends up being the CEO of Hanka corp who force all the experiments
>>
>>29050
he is the one assassinating everyone in the movie threw hacked robots and enhanced humans as they call them, near the end after he seems to have ruined dozens of peoples lives he gets redeemed as hes really trying to stop the bad man who did this to him and the major who runs hanka
>>
>>29039
oh and every cybernetic body part is completely obvious its a cybernetic part. no one just has low grade consumer electronic parts, they all have wires and nodes sticking out of their heads or full metallic military/industrial looking limbs

no one has cyberbrains in this version either
>>
>>29058
>the real villian ends up being the CEO of Hanka corp

KEK IT'S LITERALLY ROBOCOP
>>
>>29091
robocop with blade runner visuals

I wouldn't buy it for a dollar
>>
>>29110
Second hand blade runner aesthetics since it's ripped from the '95 movie that added blade runner visuals.
>>
>>24979
>probably why the neckbeards are having issues with it, they've never seen any other takes on GitS.
that's retarded. the manga it's adapted from has a very different character than the movies & show, and those also are very different with the movies being distinctly Oshii films. Arise doesn't exist.
>>
>>29123
worse then that, its more full of giant neon holographic billboards then bladerunner itself is
>>
>>29091
>>29110
That does sound surprisingly close to robocop 1 with cain from robocop 2 thrown in

>corporation needs brain for experimental thing
>take protags brain, wipe their memory and turn them into a cybernetically enhanced cop
>protag learns their past and takes revenge on corporation
>>
>>28916
Cause if we did that then Major would have been 100% more ruined. She already had 0 sex appeal in the movie, might as well have picked a different girl entirely.
Unless it turns out that there's a huge fanbase for her in nipville.
Scarjos ass + cute srs jap girls face = pic related.

Though I'd kinda be embarassed to see this if she wore this outfit even once in the movie.
>>
>>22996
Flashy visuals with a dumb'ed down plot.
None of the symbolism and philosophy from the first film.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.