[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/atg/ - Auto Tool General, fluids edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 3m silicone paste.jpg (23KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
3m silicone paste.jpg
23KB, 450x450px
Penetrating oil: WD-40 is shit. Stop buying it. PB Blaster used to be good, but it has long been surpassed by other stuff. Kano Kroil is God Tier, but even better that that and a hell of a lot cheaper is homemade shit: a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone. Pour it up in a spray bottle, the stuff is magical. Yes, it will separate, but big deal. Just shake the bottle before use. I mean, you shake everything else, too. So there's no difference. And besides, this shit actually smells good.

3M Silicone paste: This stuff is awesome. You can use it as a dielectric grease for your distributor/plug wires, you can use it on your window tracks so your window motor doesn't have to work as hard, you can lube your brakes slide pins with it, just all kinds of uses that you'll find.

Oxy/Acetylene torch. This is a pretty advanced tool, but once you get one, you'll never know how you lived without it, especially if you live in the rust belt. They don't call it the Big Red Wrench for nothing. Stuck fastener? Pfft. Not no more, it ain't. Always remember to heat what the bolt goes through. For example, if you're trying to remove a stuck nut from a stud, heat the nut so that the nut expands. Check CL for torch setups. Just be careful of one thing, if you're buying a set that has the BIG 250 cu.ft. cylinders, get a bill of sale. Most of those cylinders are rental only, and they really aren't allowed to be sold. And one more thing, Tractor Supply is a great place to get gas. They won't hassle you and try to get you set up on an account like those fuckers at Praxair will try to do. They do it as a direct swap: you give them your empty cylinder, they'll give you a fresh one.
>>
>>22056
Is silicone paste the same as silicone lubricant? Cause I bought some 3M Silicone Lubricant at my local NAPA and it's the best stuff I have ever used. It was expensive as fuck though. Tiny ass bottle was about $25 but it was the only lubricant recommended for use with my MityVac which had a gunked up rod that I needed to re-lube.

I've used it on pretty much everything since. My only complaint is the little brush they give you inside it is completely useless.
>>
>>22261
Yup, same shit. And yup, brush is fucking useless.
>>
>>22056
>Kano Kroil is God Tier, but even better that that and a hell of a lot cheaper is homemade shit: a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone.

Here's where you lost me
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.