[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mecha and auto LIVING HERE IN JERSEY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: megasxlr.png (561KB, 1024x340px) Image search: [Google]
megasxlr.png
561KB, 1024x340px
>mecha and auto

LIVING HERE IN JERSEY
>>
>>20056
FIGHTING VILLAINS FROM AFAR
Since Samurai Jack came back, why can't Megas come back?
https://youtu.be/koesW3xMKtY
>>
>>20085
They fucking teased the shit out of us a while ago when steam got some of the megasxlr rights or something like that.
>>
YOU GOTTA FIND 1ST GEAR

IN YOUR GIANT ROBOT CAR
>>
YOU

DIG

GIANT ROBOTS
>>
>>20183
I

DIG

GIANT ROBOTS
>>
>>20085
Cartoon Network has a vice like grip on the IP and they ended on bad terms with the production crew. The production crew found out in 2014 that Megas was written as a tax write off and they claimed it as a loss, something they fucking did intentionally, so cartoon network will never do anything with the IP because they will get in legal trouble for lying. Unless the creator pulls off a miracle and can reclaim the IP rights the show is dead forever.
>>
WE

DIG

GIANT ROBOTS
>>
>>20085
Samurai jack, Megas xlr, and symbionic titan all deserved another chance. But only one could be saved.
>>
>>20215
So the solution is to mire Cartoon Network in MORE legal trouble and drag this out into the daylight in the middle of it?
>>
CHICKS

DIG

GIANT ROBOTS
>>
>mecha and auto
So it's the Transformers board now?
>>
>>20248
No one has the money to do that. Megas did end up a financial failure because cartoon network made it one. They refused to market it, they made almost no toys, they shoved it into a terrible time slot, and they aired almost the entire second season only once before cancelling the show. A lot of people didn't even know a second season happened until a holiday marathon showed it a year later.

They would only get in trouble if the evidence that it was intentionally made a financial failure was brought forward, but since it's been a decade after the fact hardly evidence would exist at this point and cartoon network would DESTROY them in legal fees and probability ruin their careers in animation.
>>
>>20308
>holiday marathon showed it a year later.
I meant several years later. It was 4-5 years to be precise, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>20056

kek, came here exactly to see this
>>
>>20308
Couldn't someone just buy it off CN since it's technically "worthless" to them?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170325-100752.jpg (635KB, 1389x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170325-100752.jpg
635KB, 1389x1840px
>>20308
But why? Why would a network intentionally ruin one of its own shows, and a good one at that that could have made them so much money?
>>
>>20338
CN don't want to do it because they are spiteful pricks. They don't want any chance of their legal bullshit being revealed, they don't like giving away IPs particularly if it has the cartoon cartoon branding/designation, and most importantly they don't like the creators of Megas. There was a lot of bad blood between them and the creators that lead to the cancellation. To my knowledge it's one of those instances they were just convinced it was a bad show and refused to admit they were wrong so they sabotaged it.

If you think that sounds extreme or stupid, remember Rick and Morty was thought to be a terrible show and they intentionally sabotaged it. They only commissioned 6 episodes at the beginning because they were CONVINCED it was going to fail. Now it's their single most popular and successful ongoing IP. Network executives are spiteful and out of touch assholes.
>>
>>20238

And swat kats

they had that crowdfunding thing but did that actually go anywhere
>>
>>20374
Remember the vague 'era' CN was in around the time of Megas. There were execs who loved giant robots and execs who hated them, and the ones who hated giant robots won out in the end.
>>
>>20397
>However, in a 2014 interview George Krstic was quoted as saying - "Megas was written off as a tax loss and as such can not be exploited, at least domestically, in any way, or the network will get into some sort of tax/legal trouble."
>at least domestically

So it could happen, just not in the US.
>>
>>20397
Didn't the crew behind MegasXLR already get screwed over by MTV before going to CN? I think I remember hearing that was why every single episode had them crashing into and destroying a TV broadcasting station.

Did they just have terrible luck, or were they assholes no one liked?
>>
>>20413
What the FUCK is swat kats
>>
>>20374
They didn't like the series. It only became a show because it was fan voted out of a bunch of pilots. Megas DESTROYED all the in-house ideas pitched or sponsored by cartoon network, and I'm pretty sure they were always bitter. The creators wanted a fair bit of creative control also, I think more than the executives wanted for a small fledgling team that didn't have their internal approval. The creators butted heads with all studio interference to drop the quality of the show or disrupt their vision, it's a big reason they had a falling out with MTV and there was so much bad blood that Megas constantly destroyed MTV signs in the show or mocked them (MTV is notorious for abusing, exploiting, and under paying animators during the 90s-00s).

The team didn't want to take the studio's shit with Megas after being treated like crap for so long, but cartoon network didn't care and ruined the show.
>>
>>20457

A classic (?) action cartoon about two renegade swat kats who operate out of a junkyard and made a fighter jet out of scrap to fight monsters

It has sick guitar riffs and the second season was inexplicably well animated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TdqpWiBliw
>>
>>20457
>He doesn't know SWAT Kats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_AdxJWFUh4
>>
>>20056
I DIG GIANT ROBOTS
YOU DIG GIANT ROBOTS
CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS
noice
>>
>>20430
They are trying to work SOMETHING out with Titmouse, the only people with ties to CN with a brain aside from maybe Frederator, because almost the entire crew is still together and want to make Megas AND Motorcity which also got shitcanned by Disney due to mishandling the IP/time slot shenanigans. The issue is if any of the original spiteful pricks who still hate Megas are there they aren't going to allow it and over all they are probably too scared to admit they were wrong/leave any chance of revealing potential tax fraud.

>>20433
They just don't take shit from studios. They want to make shows they think are good and don't like making dumb decisions. It goes against the made up demographics floating heads in board rooms come up with. Think about it fucking Motor City didn't get much of a toy line despite being cool cars/motorcycles, a proven concept of being idiot proof in selling to children.

They also stand up for themselves and refuse to be exploited which is a huge issue in animation. The team is basically a small indie studio that wants to work with big name production companies to bring their visions to television. They are their own identity, stubborn, don't give in to industry pressure, demand to be treated fairly, and make shows that critically/fan response do well. They are the corporate executive NIGHTMARE.
>>
>>20546
>They are trying to work SOMETHING out with Titmouse
So they're still trying? There's still some hope?
>>
>>20546
I understand them having top deal with CN's bullshit right now to get the rights to their show back, but goddamn I hope they jump on the Netflix/hulu original bandwagon soon. I can't imagine either of those corps having the same level of meddling or petty fuckery that traditional TV corps have. Even if we make the cynical assumption that they both have the same level of ineptitude and greed, Netflix/hulu don't have to worry about time slots, family friendliness, or branding.
>>
>>20585
They have been silent about any attempts for 3 years. It's possible but beyond unlikely, maybe in a few years there will be another chance. I just hope titmouse helps them bring motor city or gets them a contract for a new show. The entire crew is just really fucking good at making cartoons but they keep getting fucked over by studio bullshit.

>>20643
Hopefully it will happen, that's the best hope that they can snag that with some connections. Netflix is broadening their animation projects due to the success of Voltron so maybe they could get a contract.
>>
>>20643
>the same level of ineptitude and greed
I doubt it. AFAIK Netflix was the only company that gave Stranger Things a chance. Every other company either passed on it or wanted to make Hopper the main character.
>>
File: 136619-kiva_picture_1_large.jpg (15KB, 300x476px) Image search: [Google]
136619-kiva_picture_1_large.jpg
15KB, 300x476px
Kiva diddled my pickle
>>
>>20674

>AFAIK Netflix was the only company that gave Stranger Things a chance

To be fair no one thought knew how it was going to go nuclear like it did. Even Netflix barely advertised it.
>>
>>20238
Titan is still Genndy so it has a slimmer of a chance, especially if Jack keeps going strong until the very end.
>>
>>20674
I agree; I was just saying that, worst case scenario with Netflix somehow being just as bad as CN, it's STILL a better option.
>>
>>20056
>>20085
>>20175
>>20183
>>20203
>>20226
>>20263
NICE
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.