[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are all Cultures equally valid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: twilightthink.gif (263KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
twilightthink.gif
263KB, 720x405px
Why is there a belief that all cultures are worthy of respect and tolerance /mlpol/? After all, the only thing culture really is a set of values and ideas shared in common among a large group of people. Both of which can be immoral or even straight up wrong.

I mean, consider the culture of the equality ponies. The believed that the path to happiness was to make everyone the same and have no talents. Yet this turned their society into a dysopian hell hole. If Twilight Sparkle had not intervened, they might have eventually become refugees and fled to Ponyville. Should the resident of Ponyville then be expected to make allowances for the beliefs and values of the equality ponies that led to the destruction of their homes in the first place?

It seems to me that people these days lack the moral convictions and knowlege base to be able to say that a belief is of no value to society. That the origin of celebrating "multiculturalism" stems from a sick mind that has no idea what to believe and that the truth does not matter. Just feelings.
>>
It's a mix of moral relativism and non-sequitur mantras of how diversity is strength. Why do you hate Sharia so much? You like falafel, don't you?
>>
>>176115
Multiculturalism is a cancer that destroys the more submissive culture. for example, if everyone in the US thought like the liberal Swedes did and invited in millions of Islamists, their culture would overtake ours and, in the end, destroy it completely.
>>
>>176115
Part of it is the distinctly anti-Western mindset that has infected the youth of today.It really took off thanks to the wars in the middle east. Nobody was happy with them and they were vocal about it. And of course, all the people who hate America and the West grabbed a hold of that energy and ran with it.

Don't have pride in your nation, don't support capitalism, religion is for backwards hicks, whites caused everything bad in history, the constitution is an outdated document, ect. All the pillars that America stood upon hacked at and brought down.

There is no reason to oppose anything that's anti-American when being an American doesn't even mean anything anymore.
>>
>>176298

I get the feelings its not as bad in the USA as it is in Europe though. I mean, a few hippies here spout off about multiculturalism, but in general the consensus of the population is you conform to American culture, not the other way around.
>>
>>176364
I live in Commiefornia dude. Believe me, it's bad here.
>>
Lol nope. Western culture is objectively better, second place goes to oriental. It's a sharp dive from there.
>>
File: 1489387987342.png (942KB, 529x761px) Image search: [Google]
1489387987342.png
942KB, 529x761px
They're not, you are correct OP.
>>
Sometimes I think religion burning out in the west has resulted in us all living in a "post cultural apocalypse", but since we all think of this as normal nobody realizes it. Christmas for example is about buying gifts, Santa, and spending time with your family. It used to be a spiritual holiday, but at some point the spirituality got replaced by consumerism.
>>
>>176115
As long as different cultures remain distinct and separate, I have no problem with them co-existing.

You appreciate your neighbours more if there's a fence between you.
>>
File: laveyquote.png (418KB, 600x859px) Image search: [Google]
laveyquote.png
418KB, 600x859px
LaVey was right about "equality". It is man's moral duty to hate that which is inferior.
>>
File: I wonder who.png (9KB, 274x290px) Image search: [Google]
I wonder who.png
9KB, 274x290px
>>177135
>the spirituality got replaced by consumerism
I wonder how that happened?
>>
>>176115
Relativism is one of Satan's finest tools.
>>
>>177485
Who "nose" anon?
>>
>>176115
by this logic, don't at least some aspects of globalism make sense? You combine everyone into a giant mega-culture and you take the best and most compatible parts of each society to create the best one. No society out there currently is perfect, so I think that everyone has something to learn.

That said there are cultures that are irredeemable garbage (gypsies for instance) that will hopefully be stomped out by the less disgusting ones
>>
File: Happy merchant.jpg (483KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
Happy merchant.jpg
483KB, 1162x850px
>>177135
>religion burning out in the west
>>177485
>I wonder how that happened?
It's much easier to understand what's happening when one recognizes that *Capitalism is a religion*.

It's the natural continuation of Judaism and Christianity, the end state where the individual man is elevated to the status of God.

The active religion in a culture is simply the thing on which the people spend most of their time and energy. And the active religion in a culture is *never* seen as optional - any more than water is seen as optional to fish, or air to mammals. While a local discussion about Christianity vs Buddhism might be fine (because those are not the active religion here), a serious discussion suggesting Capitalism be replaced with something else will leave you branded a heretic.

Once one can see that the world's real war (starting with WWI) is between Capitalism and it's worship of money and consumption, and all the previous world religions, then that what's happening in the world feels like some kind of horribly degenerate Crusade - to free the world from spirituality and humility and promote the controllers of money to a position as Gods to be worshiped - suddenly makes complete, nauseating sense.

"So, friend, are you of the petrodollar? Do you bow down before SWIFT?"
>>
>>177592
The present era is still about attempting to connect opposites, so while elements of both collectivism and individualism make sense, the challenge is how to balance them.
>>
File: 1449373029217.gif (81KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449373029217.gif
81KB, 550x400px
>>176115
Glimmer's village wasn't really multiculturalism. It was more a Communist dictatorship. It's the extreme polar end of multiculturalism.
Equestrian society probably has it right, though. It places worth on the value of the individual getting along with others, yet they still honor their traditions. Probably thanks to royalty.
>>
>>176115
They're not, for example, the bronie culture is comprised of bi-sexual pedofile man children, where as my culture is full of nigger slaughtering heros.
>>
>>180900
>communist dictatorship
>extreme polar end of multiculturalism
Who is Stalin.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.