[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLP newfag recommendation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: for girls.png (320KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
for girls.png
320KB, 610x343px
Since this board seems to have inspired some /pol/lacks to either check out the show for the first time or get back into it after several years of remission, I wrote up a guide to what I think are the show's best episodes and what they're all about. Other anons feel free to add your own recommendations or call my taste shit.

>Winter Wrap Up
A funny episode with a catchy song that helps build the show's fantasy setting

>Suited for Success
The first of many Rarity episodes that revolve around the theme of artistic integrity and balancing narrow self-interest with generosity towards friends, with a song inspired by Stephen Sondheim’s Putting it Together.

>Sonic Rainboom
A tale of anxiety and hubris with an absurdly happy ending.

>The Cutie Mark Chronicles
Gives kind of an origin story for each of the main characters

>Party of One
One of the characters completely loses her mind and it’s hilarious

>Return of Harmony
John de Lancie (Q from Star Trek) plays Discord, a god of chaos who turns the ponies against each other.

>Lesson Zero
Party of One redux, still hilarious

>Luna Eclipsed
The reformed villain of the series premiere tries to overcome social awkwardness to win back the people.

>A Friend in Deed
Very funny episode that also contains the “smile song,” which has become something of an anthem for the show’s fandom.

>A Canterlot Wedding
A Disney-esque two-part adventure revolving around a royal wedding.

>The Crystal Empire
A good mix of adventure and comedy with some touching character moments.

>Sleepless in Ponyville
Very feelsy episode starring one of the child characters

>Magical Mystery Cure
Twilight Sparkle helps her friends recover their true selves and ascends to godhood in the show’s first musical episode.
>>
>Princess Twilight Sparkle
A good adventure story that fleshes out some of Equestria’s past and makes good use of the newly reformed Discord

>Pinkie Pride
Weird Al Yankovich guest stars in the show’s second musical episode.

>Maud Pie
The ponies try to make friends with an autist.

>Twilight’s Kingdom
A tight adventure story with fight scenes reminiscent of DBZ, where Discord is made to choose between absolute freedom and the bonds of friendship.

>The Cutie Map
The ponies encounter a cult with a philosophy of friendship completely opposed to their own, who want to minimize conflict by making everyone as equal as possible. Think Harrison Bergeron.

>Make New Friends But Keep Discord
Discord brings a monster from beyond time and space to a fancy party to make Fluttershy jealous. It’s good shit.

>Amending Fences
Twilight revisits the friends from her old hometown who she neglected before she understood the magic of friendship. Humor and feels ensue.

>Canterlot Boutique
Rarity finally achieves her dream of opening a boutique in the capital of Equestria, but now she may have to compromise her artistic vision to keep up the commercial success. Personally, this is my favorite episode.

>Crusaders of the Lost Mark
In another musical episode, something almost nobody expected to actually happen happens.

>The Mane Attraction
An examination of spectacle vs sincerity revolving around a Lady Gaga parody and her manager (((svengallop))).

>A Hearth’s Warming Tail
It’s a Christmas Carol episode and a musical

>The Saddle Row Review
An achronological sitcom plot in the style of The Office or Park and Rec.

>Stranger than Fan Fiction
A relevant and amusing commentary on friendship within fandom.

>To Where and Back Again
An adventure episode where a number of minor characters team up to rescue the main cast.
>>
>>175286
>>175303

That's an excellent list. Here's some more suggestions:

>Flutter Brutter
Fluttershy works to get her neet brother to get a grip of his life and and act like an adult.

>Putting Your Hoof Down
Fluttershy participates in a minotaur's assertiveness seminar, ends up taking it too far and turns into an complete asshole.

>Flight to the Finish
Cutiemark Crusaders are competing to get to be the flag carriers in the upcoming Equestria Games tournament, but bitches in another team undermine Scootaloo's confidence with an emotional low blow.

>Scare Master
Fluttershy doesn't like scary stuff, but other ponies try to get her to participate in the Nightmare Night by scaring others. It gets epic.
>>
File: 1491165881890.png (282KB, 1920x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1491165881890.png
282KB, 1920x1306px
cytu (dot goes here) be/r/benisarea

Join us
>>
File: immunity.jpg (219KB, 500x860px) Image search: [Google]
immunity.jpg
219KB, 500x860px
>>175286
>>175303
I haven't watched the show in years. Thanks for this list anon.
>>
>>175303
>Weird Al Yankovich guest stars in the show’s second musical episode.
wat
>>
File: 6836825368.png (442KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6836825368.png
442KB, 1280x720px
>>178215
literally weird al as a pony. he competes with pinkie pie to throw the best party.
>>
File: 1491099676908.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1491099676908.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>175286
>>175303
>>177403
Much appreciated. I can see the appeal in this show now.
>>
>>178215
yeah boy
>>
seconding Winter Wrap Up. For a lot of us, this episode was the coup de grace that turned us into lifelong horsefuckers. It may be more effective with some build up though. My advice was always this; Don't form your opinion based on the pilot too closely, it gets better.
>>
>>178241
Well I'm convinced, boarding the ride now
>>
>>175303

>The Cutie Map

/pol/fag here. I tried this show ages ago during S1 and basically found that there was very little to it, but these episodes have given me a renewed perspective. What a refreshing cartoon, having a bunch of ponies realize that individualism and meritocracy are the superior to the oppressive nature of collectivist communism.
>>
>>175286
>twilicorn episode
>not a rushed unmitigated disaster that they had to spend the entire next season damage controlling

>>178331
Tfw I'm the only one that adored the pilot for its worldbuilding and angry sarcastic purple horse but everyone else hates it
>>
no meme answers guys I've heard them all before
what is it that makes you all watch the show?
>>
>>178633
Yeah, I think the later seasons generally get into more interesting themes about friendship. Maybe it's because they became aware of the adult audience or maybe they just used up all the "stock morals" that every kids' show uses and had to get more inventive. And that episode in particular is one that I'm glad exists as an influence on children.

>>178711
>>twilicorn episode
>>not a rushed unmitigated disaster that they had to spend the entire next season damage controlling
The plot leaves a lot to be desired, but for me the music carries the episode enough that it's enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>178812
cute ponies doing cute things
cute ponies doing funny things
cute ponies singing catchy songs
also occasionally John de Lancie
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.