[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So,/mlp/, what is your favorite episode of the show, and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
So,/mlp/, what is your favorite episode of the show, and why?
>>
>>30954791
The one where OP offs himself.
>>
The one where Nyx ons herself.
>>
The one where I off myself
>>
Don't have a favourite and I'd rather not have one. I'd prefer if the show maintained a steady, consistent quality instead of being all over the place. If it were to have an extremely amazing episode, every future episode would be met with extreme expectations leading to inevitable disappointment.

So I don't have a favourite.
>>
>>30955006

you sound like a thrill.
>>
>>30954791
Crusaders of the Lost Mark. It was the culmination of 5 years of character development, and it aired on the 5th anniversary of S01E01
>>
File: 1430894240435.png (467KB, 1280x931px) Image search: [Google]
1430894240435.png
467KB, 1280x931px
>>30954791
Sweet and Elite
>Good song
>Great characterization
>Strong, well-paced plot, manages to fit numerous events and locales into a single episode
>Perfect example of 'show, don' tell' worldbuilding
>Relatable conflict that functions without any villain
It also has some gorgeous backgrounds, and showed us a number of areas from Canterlot and the surrounding landscapes. I really like the scenery that comes with the boat-launching sequence.
>>
>>30955714
Interesting opinion. Most people seem to see that episode as pretty middle of the road in my experience. It was actually the first new episode that came out after I first joined the fandom so I'm a little partial to it myself.
>>
>>30954791
I'll have to say A Hearth's Warming Tail.
The songs are good, Starlight gets actual development in the episode and the lesson is shown, not told. The "villain's" logic is sound and we even see why she's doing it, and how she's convinced to not to.
>>
Parental Glidance, an episode that does everything right.

It is one of the only episodes in the show to make me genuinely laugh and does a great job developing Scootaloo. Despite supposedly being a Dash episode, this episode is so good to Scootaloo's character, the ending where she calls dash out on her shit is a great character defining moment that I would not expect happen in the earlier seasons and everything that happens afterwards is great as well. From Scootaloo's perspective, Dash's parents did absolutely nothing wrong and treated her like their own daughter and they work really well off of each other from the very first scene they meet, almost to the point where I could see them going for a Scoots gets adopted episode later (I don't think she is an orphan either).

This is an episode that genuinely would not work at all without scootaloo as she is the only character who was developed in a way to make it sensible for her to side with dashes parents.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.