[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You lived to witness one of the biggest animated box office

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

>You lived to witness one of the biggest animated box office bombs in human history
>>
>>30949749
We're about to witness the fall of man in ww3 why would a movie matter at this point.
>>
>>30949749
>Hasbro spends 50 million on a movie
>less than a month from release, still barely any advertisement
What is hasbro doing?
>>
>>30949749
Ure jus a doomsayer cuck movie gun b great and u kno it.
>>
>tfw you can't bring alcahol into a movie theater without the risk of getting caught and kicked out
>tfw you can't go so this movie sober

being drunk while watching it is the only way I was able to make it through the Equestria Girls movies; guess I'll have to wait until it's out on Netflix before I watch this
>>
File: barbed.png (574KB, 1137x1024px) Image search: [Google]
barbed.png
574KB, 1137x1024px
>>30950507
This
I think they advertised Equestria Girls 1 more than this movie. And it got better trailers, too.

Hasbro had blew all their money on celebrity voice actors and has shitty PR managers that will half ass the initial promo with badly converted graphics and then is incompetent enough to release spoile book earlier than the movie as well as US premiere getting screening after some other countries. It's a disaster and i doubt they will earn 50% of their budget,
>>
>>30950534
>hasbro has shitty PR managers
This isn't even true, which is why it makes me so mad. Look at how much they marketed the live action transformers movies, and how much they made.
>>
>>30950534
I think they advertise locally because the cinema in my town is full of pony cardboard figures and posters/banners of the movie.
>>
>>30950549
I have also seen posters of the movie in my local cinema.
>>
>>30950525
this is going to be far better than the trash that is EQG
>>
>>30950525
There's also "lack og novelty stimuli" in MLP. Hasbro shit up so many seasons and Equestria Girls movies that modern audience is not really interested to suddenly dive into this franchise nad its spin offs just like im not interested to suddenly dive into Dr Who. Dragon Ball or Star Wars franchises even if they still release new content.

Ducktales and 2017 IT went viral becuase they ressurect 20 year old franchises. No one will care about MLP beside bronies and clueless parents wanting to ged rid of their kids for 90 minutes. Hasbro will need to realise it the hard way. At least i hope Stephen Davis will blame and fire Vogel and McCarthy for this.
>>
>>30949749
Noone outside US will see it, so, yeah
>>
>>30949749
That's an awful poster
Is like Hasbro wants its movie to flop
>>
>>30950601
I can imagine it working for its target demographic. You are still thinking like they are making the film for adults or something
>>
>>30950601
The "cast" is even worse. It's like they search far and wide for most "second rate" stars they could afford. They should have just use De Lancie and Tara Strong and Wierd Al as their big namedrops.
>>
>>30949749

Funny, this doesn't look like Delgo.
>>
>>30950534
I would much rather they had just gotten less well known voice actors, who were actually actors. Kids aren't going to know who most of the voice actors are, and all we care about is VA quality. Hopefully the usual crew will carry the film hard enough.
>>
>>30950657
>VA quality
This.
It's why we love the current VAs.

Hasbro, Y you fuck this up so badly?
>>
>>30950534
I'm not even an amerifat and I've seen advertisement for the film a decent amount of times, not as much as they probably could but enough and in plain enough view that it would tick to the normie crowd that the movie is a thing
>>
>>30950657
>I would much rather they had just gotten less well known voice actors,
i wish they'd gotten actually voice actors instead of just actors doing their own voices for roles. fuck chris rock and fuck people who think they are voice actors cause they voiced in an animated movie
>>
>>30949749
Edgelording aside,
In a good scenario, I think the movie will make 30 mil in US and another 60 mil abroad in total.
With a more tame scenario, 60 mil globally in total.

EQ can't compare, for one thing, it had no brand power unlike MLP and it didn't even screen worldwide.
October isn't that close, you will see ads 1.5 weeks before release, which is the right timing since it's a little girl's brand, you only need to announce it exists.

And with such brand power, they don't even have to break even, it's an investment
wait, but that means.. ;_;
>>
File: 1484068513737.jpg (44KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
1484068513737.jpg
44KB, 470x317px
>>30950491
With no more man, there will be no more poners. This cannot happen.
>>
>>30950919
Nothing will be left we'll be all gone with memories from the past anon let it happen so we can ascend.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.