[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I figured out why /mlp/ dislikes the newer seasons so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 4444444444445423523452.png (10KB, 483x291px) Image search: [Google]
4444444444445423523452.png
10KB, 483x291px
I think I figured out why /mlp/ dislikes the newer seasons so much. Notes about the graph, the scale is between 0-8 where 0 are worst of the series, 8 is best of the series, and 4 is average (relative to the show).

When the show began, the best episodes in the show were based on the mane 6, even if on average those episodes were slightly worse than they are today. The real difference between episodes is how much worse non-mane 6 were compared to today. As newer seasons came out, non-mane 6 characters began to get better and better episodes while the mane 6 remained relatively stagnate in quality. This difference is most noticable at seasons 5 through season 7, where non mane 6 characters are 1.5 points higher in season 5 (on average), nearly two points higher than the mane 6 in season 6 and still over 1 point (but less than seasons 5 or 6) higher than the mane 6. Could the hatred for the later seasons be due to the differences in quality between the mane 6 and the non mane 6 characters?
>>
>>30946562
For the love of God, we get it! You're autistic! Stop parroting the same biased, unexplained opinion over and over!
>>
>>30946596
Its an interesting correlation, the larger the gap between the quality of mane 6 episodes and non mane 6 episodes in favor of the non-mane 6, the more people seem to hate that season.
>>
Gas the Glimmerniggers
>>
>>30946562
>"I can't admit to myself that people who prefer the older seasons might actually have a point so I have to autistically latch onto any reason to dismiss their tastes as irrational biases"
Jesus Christ dude you're pathetic.
>>
>>30946653
Can't argue a point, so you resort to insults.
>>
>30946562
First it started off as masturbooping, then it turned into constants spouts of "Wow guys how great is Glimmy Glammy?", and now it's straight up become "replace the characters that got the show to where it is now, the one's we've seen grow and develop throughout the seasons, with the nu-mane 6 who all have the combined personality of a soggy biscuit and all the growth of a fungal infection" we are witnessing a new level of shitposting here gentlemen, I'm talking LITERAL cancer shitposting that is constantly evolving into more and more retarded and obvious shitposting in desperate hope of getting (You)s, I'd be impressed with the shitposters persistence if it wasn't for the fact that, you know, he's shitposting
Friendly reminder: Don't feed it (You)s
>>
File: 1434296258512.png (49KB, 227x254px) Image search: [Google]
1434296258512.png
49KB, 227x254px
>>30946669
You have no point beyond making a base assumption that everyone you disagree with is irrationally biased. That's more of an insult than anything I can say you utter faggot.
>>
>>30946689
It's true though. The mane 6 has been declining in quality and people are most likely hating the later seasons because of this. Mean while all of the non-mane 6 episodes have remained good.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 335x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 335x440px
>>30946721
>It's true though
Opinions aren't "true", they're interpretive. For you to say which opinions are true and which are false is just incredibly insulting, even on the most rancid of imageboards.
>>
>>30946738
It is true that most people on this board hate the later seasons of the show and love season 1. And a potential reason to that would be that the mane 6 episodes have gotten worse (again, people who hate the later seasons don't disagree with this), but these people may ignore that the non-mane 6 episodes have only gotten better.

People who like the later seasons most likely like at least one of the non-mane 6 characters a lot.
>>
>>30946751
You're spouting the same shit you just said, believe it or not the thing that you call truth may, and I know this may be shocking, not actually be true
Now I know what you're gonna say "What you say is true may not be true either" which is fine by me but may I ask where you're pulling all of these assumptions out of, if not your ass, have you ever considered that people prefer earlier seasons because they just prefer those seasons?
>>
File: IMG_011.png (121KB, 2150x1384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_011.png
121KB, 2150x1384px
>/mlp/ dislikes the newer seasons
[citation needed]
>>
File: Onions.jpg (1MB, 2509x561px) Image search: [Google]
Onions.jpg
1MB, 2509x561px
>>30946562
> the scale is between 0-8 where 0 are worst of the series, 8 is best of the series, and 4 is average (relative to the show).
I assume you got your info from these charts that Anons posted? If so then here's mine since the last thread died before I could post it.
>>
>>30946959
Have you seen all of the season 1 fans in pretty much any show discussion thread? They are every where.
>>
>>30946817
>people prefer earlier seasons because they just prefer those seasons?
Water is wet because it is water. Fire is warm because it is warm. That doesn't explain anything.
>>
>>30947001
You mean, the 2 or 3 masturboopers that roleplay as jimfag and vogelfag?

If you actually browsed the board, you'd have seen all the polls showing that everyone loves this season, might even be the best season yet

But you know all that because you're that romanian piece of shit
So, fuck off
>>
>>30947001
They are very loud but episode ratings don't reflect it.
>>
>>30946751
What the fuck are you talking about
I'm an s1 fag, and nobody here seems to share that opinion
Except for maybe 2 other guys that shitpost a bit more loudly than myself
>>
>>30947012
Preference is different issue. You're making a huge assumption based on this silly graph alone, yet you forget that there are many other factors to consider what makes preference.
>>
>>30947062
I don't think I haven't seen a season 1 fan outside of a few glimmer fans.

>>30947096
Bias against anyone who isnt the mane 6 could really hurt someones perspective of the show, imagine if someone rated the show based on the mane 6 along. It would be pretty low in the later seasons.
>>
>>30947028
Sure its not the other way around?
>>
>>30947110
Why are you pretending the Mane 6's episodes and the non-Mane 6 episodes are entirely seperate shows?
>>
>>30947409
Yes?
>>
>>30947632
Because the quality of them almost always vastly vary from each other. The only time this doesn't happen is in season 2.
>>
>>30946562
No. You will and will never want to fuck off and admit your disgusting sociopath waifu and executive are sabotaging the show.
So you'd rather blame everyone else.
>>
>>30947001
You hasdrones are so fucking insecure that you'd actually play the victim card against a mouse.

You're pathetic and you disgust me.
>>
>>30947986
Irony. The faustdrones are the ones playing victims when they are the clear majority.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.