[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this racism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 633321.gif (4MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
633321.gif
4MB, 576x324px
Was this racism?
>>
Everybody's a little bit racist.
>>
>>30931904
It's only racism if it's a white being honest to a nigger.
All pastels look the same to me.
>>
quality thread op.
>>
Typical weak Unicorn wanting to mount a Earth pony mare
>>
Depends if he thinks mud pone work ethic is genetic.
>>
>>30931966
Can you blame a unicorn wanting his progeny to be strong and capable as opposed to weak, prissy, and using magic as a crutch?
>>
>>30931981
Clearly he stereotypes them as the 'working-class'. It's like going up to an Asian and talking about how good at math Asians are.
>>
>>30931994
It depends what your definition is. As far as i can see it's usually defined as hatred or a belief in genetic differences.
>>
>>30932034
As I interpret it, he sees race as a class hierarchy where Earth ponies work and Unicorns enjoy leisure. Since he so nonchalantly walks up to her and tries to court her.
>>
>>30931904
If you went to a village and complimented their villagers on their cultural work ethic, I'm sure they'd feel flattered, not insulted.
>>
>>30931904
In the traditional sense, "there are certain traits that set the races apart, these traits are useful in different circumstances", sure.
In the modern derogatory sense, when someone labels someone a racist, "all races except mine are inferior/subhuman", no.

A more current description of what he's doing would be racial profiling/stereotyping. He's racially stereotyping earth ponies as having an admirable work ethic, which is probably justified within universe. You don't see Pinkie or AJ slacking off the same way Dash does.

With that said, the show is also very heavy on egalitarianism, and is also correct in pointing out that individual differences far outweigh racial inclinations. Twilight and Rarity also have very admirable work ethics. Rarity falls short of killing herself to make a deadline and Twilight is never tardy.

I think the only examples of actual "bad" racism we see in the show is from Rarity. Both Rarity and Dash make points or jokes at the expense of mules, but Dash apologizes instantly (suggesting this was socially acceptable until very recently, and Dash simply made a slip and didn't mean any offense.), and while the other ponies indulge in gossip against Zecora, often with inconsequential comments like "I hear she eats HAY", Rarity is the only one who makes an actual observation and accurately judges that observation, citing Zecora's mane as "garish". Nevermind the double standards in that Rarity's dresses are often by design garish, her dresses are obviously the "correct", "enlightened" sort of garish.
>>
File: 503948.png (76KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
503948.png
76KB, 960x895px
>>30932114
>>
>>30932074
He's not used to physical labor, but he is himself a hard worker. Like most unicorns, he doesn't lead a leisurely lifestyle. Traveling for work is taxing, especially back in the day when the best transportation available is slow, noisy and often crammed trains.

The episode is called Simple Ways for a reason. His courtshipping techniques fall flat against Applejack because Applejack's ways are not his.
>>
>>30932074
He sees things the other way around, he wants to serve Applejack as best he can, and is willing to give up his career to live on her farm if that's what it takes.
He admires the aspiring nature of earth pony work ethics, if an earth pony sees something they want he thinks they WILL go for it.
In his worldview, Earth ponies aren't content to live as servants (like he is), but will naturally climb towards the top of any social structure.
>>
>>30932219
To me it seemed that he just really really wanted to stick his dick in Applejack's soft apple pie.
>>
>>30931909
Not big judgements, like who to hire, and who to buy a newspaper from. No, just little judgements, like thinking Mexican busboys should learn to speak freaking English
>>
>>30932393
to be honest who wouldn't
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.