[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Literally who celebrity voice actors voicing new characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Transformers-movieposter-west.jpg (140KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-movieposter-west.jpg
140KB, 300x457px
>Literally who celebrity voice actors voicing new characters
>Soundtrack consisting of currently popular musical genre
>Clearly meant to sell toys
So pic related can get away with it, but when MLP tries it, suddenly it's the second coming of G3.

Holy mental gymnastics, Batman.
>>
>>30929636
You do know the transformers movie was a massive failure that, to this day, is held up as a shining example of the idiocy and out of touchness of executives for decisions? (In respect to them killing off virtually the entire cast for new characters?)

Its much more well respected today than it was then, but its still not exactly what I'd call a masterpiece unless you're doing a "by comparison" example to bays.
>>
>>30929636
seems weird theyd use a pop song when they have a perfectly good crew for creating custom music.
>>
>>30929636
That film may be a cult classic that many people remember fondly and declare the greatest thing ever, but it was widely panned when it came out. Critics said it was awful, parents couldn't follow it, kids were traumatised by it and the whole thing was a huge commercial failure.
>>
>>30929656
Ingram's still on the rest of the soundtrack. They just had to shoehorn in a mainstream pop song because it's a children's film. After Frozen and Zootopia it's literally written in stone that kids animated features have to have an uplifting corporate pop number
>>
>>30929649
You're right.
It's just a cult classic
>>
>>30929636
The VAs aren't really literally whos. People who expected A-list voice actors for a relatively low budget movie were delusional anyway.
>>
>YOU GOT THE TOUCH
>>
>>30930547
>YOU GOT THE POWER
>>
File: mlpmovieposter.jpg (176KB, 666x893px) Image search: [Google]
mlpmovieposter.jpg
176KB, 666x893px
How come NOBODY remembers MLP already had a movie?

Is it because it was so bad people are trying to forget it?
>>
>>30929636
So what you're saying is the Twilight has to die and pass her crown to Starlight Glimmer in the movie?
>>
>>30930582
That was a good movie.
>>
>>30929636
>>
>>30930937

Holy shit I didn't even know Sunstreaker and Hound were even there. They didn't even turn up after the Decepticons fucked off.
>>
>>30929636
Are those things remembered fondly from that movie?
>>
>>30929636
>So pic related can get away with it
they didn't
many of the characters were brought back, especially Optimus
>>
>>30930662

Seconded, it's good but not great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJXWNV2wGu4
>>
>>30930937
>>
>>30931031

The music is amazingly good, but apart from Robert Stack I didn't recognize any of the VAs when I first watched it. Selling toys is a given if you're a Transformers property, even if you're the Bay films.
>>
>>30929636

Leonard Nimoy
"literally who"

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>30931483
>>
>>30931131
Apart from the smooze song, its pretty shitty.

The mane characters are basically useless twats who go on a journey to find people who AREN'T useless twats to defeat the villains for them...

OH GOD THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THE PLOT OF THE CURRENT MLP MOVIE IS
>>
File: professor have a lol.png (132KB, 377x462px) Image search: [Google]
professor have a lol.png
132KB, 377x462px
>>30930937
>>30931483
>>30932260
>vogeltron
>>
>>30932936
I was hoping the Anon was going to continue
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.