[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you think the sequel will be about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

So I think we all know there will be a sequel for the movie in coming years; despite the memeing about it failing, its going to beat budget easily, and with toy sales like they are that's all it needs to do.
So what do you think is in store for it? Will it feature Discord? Starlight glimmer? Chrysalis? The elements of harmony? Flurry heart or Zecora? Flutterponies or a new pony race? Ect.?
>>
>>30929632
I don't think they'll tie the movie with the show more than they did now. It depends on how the show changes, in two years when they start working on another movie, Glimmer will probably play a bigger role. The general plot will still most likely introduce a brand new villain, with the characters from this movie making an appearance, as side characters or simple cameos.
>>
>>30929632
I think Shining and the Crusaders should play more of a role. Obviously Starlight and the princesses too, but they already have cameos in this one.
>>
>>30930727
Speaking of Shining Armor, what the hell was he doing for the 3 days his wife was a statue? Did he not think to check what the fuck was going on in Canterlot?

I can just imagine Shining asking where she was and getting this response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8zz95rm8s
>>
>>30929632
If they do a second one then I want them to go a bit darker and edgier with it. Less of this toothless, generic super-safe crap where everything is reduced to it's blandest and least threatening form simply because it's the safest option.
If they make a sequel I want it to respect that it's target audience of young children can handle more than that, can handle better than that and DESERVES better than that. Also fuck off with the guest celebrity voice actors, that shit is pointless crap.
>>
>>30931004
>literally every movie for kids should be dark and edgy because I like dark and edgy stuff, therefore kids shouldn't get kind and comfy movies because I say so
Is this autism?
>>
>>30931018
Alright, let me clarify for the short bus student here.
Darker and edgier, does not mean dark and edgy by adult standards, it just means being a a bit more serious with your plot lines and tone. Much like kids used to get from their cartoons about 10 years ago before people started spontaneously deciding that children can't handle anything even approaching reality and needed to be wrapped in a bubble of overly-safe crap that doesn't address any kind of theme and just panders to the dumbest and basest of concepts for humour and entertainment.

Children SHOULD be watching movies and shows that challenge them in areas both intellectual and emotional. They should be experiencing media that engages them on a level beyond brain-dead "everything is nice forever and nothing will ever go wrong and laugh at this thing that isn't even funny but is actually just stupid because it's easier than writing good quality comedy and compelling stories because kids are naive enough to enjoy this crap even though they gain nothing from it"

Kids gain nothing from watching "kind and comfy" movies that have zero substance and are basically just pretty dancing colours on a screen interspersed with lazily written jokes. The movie doesn't need to be fucking harrowing or anything, it just needs to have something akin to a theme and some kind of thoughtful ideas and story lines that kids can learn from and appreciate.

Fuck you anon. You hate children if you want them to watch this crap. You want them to grow up to be stupid, vapid imbeciles because they were never given the chance to enjoy deeper, more meaningful media when they were young.
>>
>>30929632
The mark of a good movie is if it makes you feel satisfied after watching it. I wouldn't want a sequel unless it has something to add to an already-complete movie.
>>
>>30931035
No, seriously, why are you watching this show, Anon? Because many people started watching it because it was different from all the dark and edgy shit that existed back in the day. One could assume that, maybe, some kids would like to see My Little Pony for what it is, not something completely different just because you want something completely different. You're literally saying that they aren't allowed to watch anything that you don't consider "challenging"enough, even though you, hypocritical piece of shit, are watching this show which isn't challenging for you at all (assuming that you are watching it, which I doubt). If you want dark shit, you can fuck off and go watch the Walking Dead or some other retarded shit. Turning this franchise into something completely different to appease (You) won't make any kid any favor. But of course you don't give a fuck about those kids, do you?, you only want your canon Rainbow Factory disguised with a "no, this is actually what kids should be watching because my taste is so superior." Fuck you.
>>
It'll happen in 4-5 years and be the end of G4 and will be s11's 'two-parter'
S11 will still have 26 episodes but the 25 and 26th won't be about a villain or whatever but only the buildup to said villain, that will attack in the movie

It'll conclude with either the m6 transforming into alicorns and/or with the EoH leaving them to find new bearers (that we'll meet in a few years)

Either g5 will be about said bearers, or about their descendants or some shit

And about that second movie, who the fuck knows
If they haven't done a 'all the species unite to fight the bad guy' by then, then it's what's going to happen
Zebras, minotaurs, gryphons, diamond dogs...
Everything
And of course it'll be a really bad guy, really powerful
Maybe Celestia/Luna's mom/dad/parents
Maybe Starswirl
>>
>>30931053
>replying to fags of the fandumb edgelords
Anon...
>>
>>30929632
Twilight Sparkle will resigned as Princess and all the reform villains are back to bad guys.
>>
>>30929632
Rarity being a single mom
>>
>>30931984
Ponies and cats can't breed.
>>
>>30930930
Story wise, I think he's in the Crystal Empire with Flurry.

In reality, there probably was just no room for him in the story; the princesses are more marketable.
>>
>>30931053
The MLP film is too serious, it should be sillier.
>>
File: shining.where.is.the.baby.gif (286KB, 326x272px) Image search: [Google]
shining.where.is.the.baby.gif
286KB, 326x272px
>>30930930
>Speaking of Shining Armor, what the hell was he doing for the 3 days his wife was a statue?
Babysitting Flurry heart and praying they don't realize there's a 5th alicorn?

>>30931999
Then how do you explain the sphynx?

>>30929632
Now that they've introduced the mane six, they'll on to introducing Glimmer

Twilight will be captured/turned to stone by a new villain, Discord will be depowered by the villain and tag long as a secondary character to glimmer, and Glimmer will learn a lesson about leadership while the other five learn to defer to her as their leader and mental better.

They'll probably go on a journey to recollect the elements of harmony from the tree (Introducing it to audience), with Glimmer presenting herself to the tree to become worthy of being the new bearer of the Element of magic, and the tree creating a brand new, totally for her element.

They'll destone Twilight, Twilight will defer to glimmer as the new leader, and they'll use the seven elements to defeat the new villain who stole discord's magic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.