[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Actual show discussion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png (721KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png
721KB, 1280x720px
Hey /mlp/. Let's talk about the show.

What's your favorite episode of season 7? Least favorite? How do you feel about it compared to the others?
>>
>>30926451
Everything is shit and so is life.
>>
Posting in an epic /b/read
>>
File: 1499654593797.gif (282KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1499654593797.gif
282KB, 500x281px
>>30926451
>>30926454
>>30926493
ITT: A quality discussion about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and how it has changed the landscape of American Children's Animation
>>
It's too soon for me to have a favorite, I think I need to watch an episode a few times before it can gain that status for me and thus far I've only watched every S7 episode once, when they premiered

That being said, this season has been great. Best since S4 I think, like many others I'm annoyed with Poochie but all things considered it's pretty good
>>
>>30926451
Season 7 is really good so far. There are already five episodes I really liked this season, more than the four in season 6.

Parental Glidance is the best episode in the show and while I didn't think anything could top it, perfect pear came pretty close. Hard to Say Anything really exceeded my expectations despite its bad premise and Campfire Tales did the characters tell a story plot much better than cutie mark chronicles.

Worst episodes have to be Fluttershy Leans in and Honest Apple. It feels like the writers are running out of ideas for the mane 6 as these two episodes in particular are either really dull or really annoying.
>>
Season 2 > Season 1 > Season 7 > Season 4 > Season 3 > Season 6 > Season 5
>>
>>30926710
5 last? Really?
>>
>>30926610
Parental Glidance gave me the feels, as did Perfect Pear.

Best episodes in the entire series.
>>
>>30926710
S5 > S7 = S4 > S3 = S6 > S2 > S1

This is the only correct rating.
>>
>>30926710
S7>S2=S5>S1>S4>S6>S3

>>30926969
audible kek
>>
>>30926451
fav: A Royal Problem
least: Celestial Advice

Still bitter about the season teaser trailer. It promised so much and it ended up being nothing.
There hasn't been a consistent story arc that ties all the episodes together like in past seasons.
Like how they kept referencing the gala back in s1.
Or the keys. Then the map. Or how Glimmer was hiding in the background.

I kept hearing how the comics would tie in with this season. But so far we've had 2 episodes the worked the the Legends of Magic. Nothing yet involving Shadow Lock. Idk. I feel like nothing big is going to happen until the very end
>>
>>30926451
>watching the show
>>
>>30927251
>There hasn't been a consistent story arc that ties all the episodes together like in past seasons.
The legends of equestria might.
>>
>>30927251
>>30927349
I think it's going to be a longer arc over two seasons regarding Legends and lore in general, considering S8 is poised to have more lore themes as per Hasbros last conference thing.
>>
>>30926451
Feels like S7 never ends, the mid season hiatuseses are fucking with me. Hard to think of the first episodes from April and compare them with the recent episodes.

I liked a couple episodes, Rock Solid Friendship was fun, Parental Glideance as well, Daring Done? is on my mind. I think in the last week snice it leaked I rewatched it more times than any other S7 episode to date.

A lot of S7 so far is just a mix of mediocre and boring to me. Nothing offensively bad, but nothing outstanding either. That's a step up from S6, and I'd say on par with S4.
>>
>>30926451
Actual reply to thread
>>
>>30926451

favorite so far: Perfect Pear
least favorite: Honest Apple
>>
>>30926710
Good > season 1 > mediocre > bad > shit > not even trying > purposefully bad > seasons 2-7 equally.

>>30926451
I was underwhelmed and disappointed with Applejack's parents.
The structure was all over the place, meaning that the intermissions were cringeworthy as shit and took away too much time from the apple/pear story.

The actual story was a generic Romeo & Juliet trash and I'm surprised they didn't poison themselves in the end. Maybe in the original script they did before some idiot turned it to shit.
Overall the story and the episode was a giant "nothing happened" like every slice of life episode since season 2.

The narrating killed it for me because they used old granny voices/intelligible as hell.

AJ's dad was boring. And AJ's mom was the least shit mom of the main cast, next to G1 Twilight.

They finally got a non-cringey voice for an original character. Unlike Thorax, Ember, Cadence, Discord, Shining Gay which all sound blonde or geeky.
>>
>>30927727
>that rating
Do you just hate fun?
>>
>>30927727
I'd like to continue by saying that "The Perfect Pear" had very similar problems with "Family Appreciation Day" (horrible titles by the way).

Both episodes have annoying intelligible grandpas who can't storytelling worth a shit.
Both episodes have obnoxious impressionable rednecks. What's with all the screaming and yelling? Nobody yelled during Cutie Mark Chronicles.
Both episodes enjoy wasting time on unfunny comedic relief through the intermissions/side story.
Both episodes ignore the main plot/story they were suppose to focus on for the sake of comedy and because the writer is creatively bankrupt and doesn't have a story to tell.

Both stories are incredibly overhyped when they're nobodies, I mean there's barely a story to tell.
FAD even goes so far to pat itself on the back for telling a generic 3 minute story about granny running like a coward through the woods and scarying the wolves away by making noise with her frying pans.

Who here can remember what happens in "Applejack's parents episode"?

(Dumb faggot: what I see nothing wrong about wolves being scared by frying pans) wolves or any animal and monsters don't get scared by frying pans. They get scared by fire and being outnumbered. And by getting the hell beaten out of them.
>>
>>30927776
I don't know, do you? Do you hate good things? Because decent to good things are where the fun is at. Not the special eds channel for the mentally challenged.
Otherwise I suggest you go back to staring at the paint wall drying and eating glue, Jimmy. Oh and play with your overpriced plastic ponies about 3x recolored Applejacks freaking out for 21 minutes because they think they're bastards. Because mommy never taught them basic common sensical knowledge.
>>
>>30927821
>Nobody yelled during Cutie Mark Chronicles.
Except for scootaloo.

>Both episodes enjoy wasting time on unfunny comedic relief through the intermissions/side story.
Both episodes ignore the main plot/story they were suppose to focus on for the sake of comedy and because the writer is creatively bankrupt and doesn't have a story to tell.
When did this happen in perfect pear?
>>
File: 45724564626.png (457KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
45724564626.png
457KB, 800x700px
>>30926451
favorite thus far is a royal problem. been waiting fucking years. YEARS. for a sisters episode. luckily it delivered in every way i could have hoped for.
twi was a qt.
the interactions were what i expected/hoped for. sometimes you see that bullshit like even though nothing changed suddenly the person changed after they forgive each other. fuck no. the same problems luna had before she was banished were still around when she came back. that shit had to be dealt with. her whipping herself shouting my name is toby wasnt a solution. that and subsequently stopping that was her resolving a side effect of the root of the problem. im glad they finally resolved it for realzies. had to watch this episode 3 times when i got the itunes version.

i dont feel one way or the other about how it compares. each episode brings its own shit to the table. theres been quite a few good episodes so far, and a couple mediocre or bad ones.
>>
>>30926451
I've generally been liking season 7. My favorite episodes would have to be The Perfect Pear, A Royal Problem, and To Change a Changeling. The worst episodes this season would probably be Honest Apple and Hard to Say Anything, neither of which is as bad as the worst episodes from season 6. I've also seen the sneak peeks from Hascon and they looked pretty good. Marks and Recreation in particular looks promising.
>>
Wow!
>>
>>30929374
thats not season 7 you silly filly
>>
>>30926451
Season is not even over so it's not really fair to compare it with the rest.
I'm curious about the finale. We didn't get a proper two parter for an opener, so this is the season's only chance for a greater adventure.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.