[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so tell me something actionfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Season1fanwank.jpg (345KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Season1fanwank.jpg
345KB, 819x1024px
All you people out there who think Guardians of harmony is a good idea and would actually, unironically WANT MLP to get an action focused series...

What would it be ABOUT. Pony is about cute ponies doing cute things and slice of life friendships, not le edgy teen boy plots. What exactly would you see an action focused MLP series doing without being absolutely NOTHING like what pone is supposed to be about?
>>
>>30896572
Actionfag here. On the offchance this isn't bait...

I think there's a mile-wide gap between "cute things and slice of life friendships" and "le edgy teen boy plots"; in that gap is where an action/adventure-centric spinoff should live. The universe, obviously, still trends towards more upbeat stories; I'm not expecting it nor think it should turn into a desolate cloud of bleakness and doom nor a murderfest with central characters dying horribly at every turn.

I think there are still many meaningful lessons that can be taught about friendship and its elements within the context of a more action-centric series, without losing the fundamental core message of the show - that friends are there to support you and help you. Moreover, I think creating extended adventure arcs would actually help some of those lessons come through more clearly: Needing to rush things to reach a story conclusion within 22 minutes has been a consistent issue with FiM's narratives; taking a more extended look at them within an adventure context would give time for filling in logical holes and taking a more nuanced look at issues.
>>
File: friendship.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
friendship.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>30896619
punching people in the face instead of befriending them is antithetical to the show's premise anon.
>>
>>30896727
>>30896619
Honestly, I'm thinking it more about the M6 etc being a group of traveling adventurers who just meet new scenarios and friends along the way and occasionally fight evil. Have some character development on the road, make new friends all around the world, you know.

Basically, the map but less contrived and they aren't sent from place to place, they're just wandering or on a very long arc and side tracked into friendship problems.
>>
>>30896748
but that's completely antithetical to everything that the mane six are about in life and contradicts everything that has been established about them up to this point.

Applejack destiny in life is to LITERALLY work on her farm and never move on from it; she can't just randomly pick up and go against her destiny. Cutie mark chronicles make that canon as her premise, to not leave her family and farm.
Rarity's destiny and entire character is about opening up dress shops; randomly wandering around equestria is against what has been established for her in every episode up to this point.
Rainbow dash has more flexibility, but her goal in life is STILL just to be a wonderbolt, and that's that.

The mane six are not and never were cut out to just be freelance adventurers; that's not what their life goals and destiny/cutie marks are set up for.
>>
>>30896768
What if there were this massive threat that they had to go on the road to fix for the fate of Equestria?
>>
>>30896768
Then don't use the m6
A spinoff with other characters could be good
>>
>>30896727
>Who is Sombra
>Who is Tirek
>Who is Chrysalis
It's a nice thought to always say you can just befriend people you don't like, but the show's made it abundantly clear there are some who really just don't get a nice happy ending tied up with a bow. Some evils, you simply have to face head-on with the ones you can turn to your side backing you up. I really don't think that's antithetical.

Also, isn't that very episode kind of disproving your point? The entire message is that you can't always rely and friendship and happiness; sometimes you have to be ready to beat the shit out of threats that come your way. As much as I dislike the nulings, I can't deny that message was on-point.

>>30896748
That's pretty much where I was going with it, yes. Just make sure all those side problems add up to something meaningful at the end, and I'd be pretty happy.
>>
>>30896788
Also this. Spike, a yak, a changeling, a young pony (or two) another young dragon, and a griffon all on adventures around Equestria, finding themselves and where they belong, and helping others along the way.

>>30896793
He completely missed the point that all of the shit that Thorax did/made Changelings do was way too far in the opposite direction of how they used to be. I guess he didn't watch until the end.

Those side problems would get the "This is filler" complaints even more than the show as SoL gets now though, so it would really have to be impactful.
>>
>>30896788
You get rid of the mane six, you're basically committing financial suicide for your series. Little kids won't care about your brand new people.
>>30896793
They didn't really fight it they just got it to dope slap itself until it ran off. Not much of an "epic battle".

>>30896793
>Who is Sombra
>Who is Tirek
>Who is Chrysalis

Chrysalis will end up reformed by Glimmer before S8 is over. They pulled some random shit with sombra and made him do a heel face turn; and they're probably going to do something with Tirek too I bet.
Hell, the villain of this finale will probably end up being befriended too.

>>30896782
Then you send the princesses to deal with it; everyone but twilight just aren't cut out for being adventurers; They have no magic and their fighting skills are basically "about your average pony"-- the only thing keeping them relevent was the elements of harmony and that's long, long gone. Past that, now they just function as twilight's moral support.

Plus, there's no point in developing them as adventurers when its clear that's not and never was intended to be their roles in life.
>>
>>30896811
>Those side problems would get the "This is filler" complaints even more than the show as SoL gets now though, so it would really have to be impactful.

Yep. That's why I say, they need to add up to something meaningful at the end. Not every episode has to be action-packed from intro to credits; in fact, it's a really bad move not to have some quieter moments and episodes to allow development as well. But you've got make use of that development too, otherwise those criticisms would be 100% accurate.
>>
>>30896854
You just need some connection to the Mane Six. Honestly, I could see an actiony spinoff starring Spike, an older CMC, and two other non-pony characters. Would probably do well.
>>
>>30896921
Nah, she'd probably just be the fill-in assistant while Spike is adventuring.
>>
Superfriends, but with ponies.
>>
The power of friendship will fuck you up.
>>
>>30898464
>image

>>30896854
>>30896768

make it a NEW series then, like what Equestria girls is; not every show has to be in the same continuity.
have the six get actual powers, magical girl style, from the elements like in equestria girls (but think them out a bit better, Equesria girls power are kind of shit).
You have a blank slate, you're free to not do the entire "Destiny says so" thing from MMC, and give them new destinies; Make rarity's destiny something like mistmane's, make her about inspiring others and wishing to uplift others around equestria. She could still run a dress shop for her mundane job, but her overall goal in the world could still be something more. Applejack you could easily give a goal of wishing more to protect and help others in the same way that she looks after her family; the IDW comics did that with the mayor mare/AJ comic where they did a good argument for AJ being well cut out for leadership and helping equestria without turning her back on her CMC goal.
It'd be incredibly easy to make an adventure spin off if you just excise some of CMC.
>>
File: 534603.png (307KB, 675x608px) Image search: [Google]
534603.png
307KB, 675x608px
>>30896768
>Applejack destiny in life is to LITERALLY work on her farm

WRONG. Her destiny is family. She is for breeding.
>>
>>30899809
making a million continuities is just going to confuse and upset the little girls; this isn't game of thrones, its for 4 year olds.

>>30896979
so shitty then.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.