[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLP CCG Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: de137.jpg (19KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
de137.jpg
19KB, 344x480px
http://ponyhead.com/
>Card list and deck buildier

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mylittleponyccg/images/3/32/MLP_CCG_Comprehensive_Rules_%28v3.6%29.pdf
>Comprehensive Rules

Been a while, wanted to see if there was still interest in the My Little Pony CCG around here. New set came out fairly recently and Enterplay seems back on track with a reasonable schedule of releases.
>>
Dead where I'm at and Continentals were sad.
>>
>>30891577
Didn't even know there was a new set, Target isn't stocking it I guess.
>>
File: 1504204709436.png (219KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1504204709436.png
219KB, 900x702px
>>30891577
never seen these sold in europe feels bad man I collect so many tcgs I really wanted them
>>
>>30891936
Most big box stores aren't.
>>
>>30891577
I have been wanting to give this a try.
>>
The Game seems stupidly complicated.
>>
>>30893438
^emergency bump because the thread was one slot away from death

Which is a fitting analogy for the entire CCG when I think about it.

Yuropean here. I spent a lot of money and time on this game, made finals in our national and continental championships. But man it's getting SO hard to still be excited about it.

I don't even know for how long Defenders has been out, but you know when we got boosters in our stores? Last week. Literally last week. We aggressively kept asking multiple stores to aggresively keep asking our local distributor to aggressively keep asking Enterplay but somewhere down the line, it seems people stopped giving a shit. We just don't get the new stuff. You can't have us wait freaking until the next set is announced until we get the "new" cards. How are we supposed to participate in anything. Don't even get me started on promo materials and shit. Is it too much to ask to send us, like, one batch of last years' promo cards once in a half year? How much do we have to beg to be allowed to spend money on this?

Naturally, the remnants of our playgroup have shrunk so much, you can hardly call it a "playgroup" anymore. I'd say it's sad but at this point it's more like, it's almost become a bit of a joke. Like we roll in with 4 people, take up three tables at our LGS and then joke about how everyone can fuck off because it's pony day and our huge brigade of players needs space. Ha ha. Oh you play "magic", what is this "magic", does anyone still play it, I heard it's dead. Ha. Ha.

Ha.

Fuck you Enterplay. We tried, we really tried, but how are we supposed to work with what you've given us.
>>
>>30893528
There aren't any specialty card/game stores in my area so I relied pretty much on Target and Toys R' Us. I remember seeing it in stock up to High Magic but haven't seen any sets after that. I'd buy more packs if they were made available, mostly just to collect since I don't get to play the game often.
>>
>>30893590
Oh wait no, there was a set after that, the one with Glimmer on the front. But that was still quite a while ago, wasn't it?
>>
>>30893600
Eh, only like three months. That's the one we just got in last week so in that regard it's brand new stuff, ha.

Where are you at? If you've got a target and Toys'r'us, you should have a card game store
>>
>>30893748
South San Jose, CA. I know of a couple but they're like a forty minute drive across town. Honestly I'm not that desperate for cards, just disappointing I don't see them as regularly as before.
>>
>>30893770
Card game stores are dying like comic book stores.
>>
>>30893446
It really isn't once you see it in motion. It's hard to explain in just words though.
>>
It's fun to play, but the only group that meets near me is so unreliable.
>>
>>30894502
in what sense unreliable?
>>
I've been running a people white troublemaker control deck that is hardly even fun to play our play against.
>>
>>30893823
At least in my city there's plenty of general purpose game stores that deal in card and board games. Perfectly fine with people showing up to just play and hope they buy snacks or something.
>>
>>30894536
Often times people just don't show up and there's no one to play with unreliable.
>>
File: de132.jpg (22KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
de132.jpg
22KB, 344x480px
What were they thinking?
>>
>>30896843
Yellow is the type to have lots of weak friends and tokens, like green in Magic, right? This does sound overpowered.
>>
File: 62879.png (160KB, 286x395px) Image search: [Google]
62879.png
160KB, 286x395px
What is the MLP equivalent of Ultimate Infestation?
>>
>>30896623
Well the thing is, for our playgroup for example, it's so small, you can't expect to go to the store and find people out of the blue. I mean it's maybe ten people, that's a couple of diehard regulars and generously counting a bunch of occasional shows. We have a skype group where we ask around in advance, hey who's coming this weekend, who wants to play, what format do you want to play, and sometimes there's just not enough interest / spare time to even get anything going. Like there might be a big magic event for one guy, a family event for another, and then it's like, okay we're not meeting up with three people.

Just saying. If anyone went to our shop of choice and asked, hey it says on your website there's weekly pony tourneys but where is everyone, you'd think we're an unreliable bunch too but I'd like to think we're not. We communicate and are only being realistic. The game is tiny, and we try to reach out as good as we can but if you want to be part of the community you have to do some reaching out too, sadly.
>>
>>30897126
Yes, which does make him awesome. In my games it's not uncommon for him in any given confrontation to be 10 to 12 power by himself.
>>
>>30893528
I went to the loval card store to play MLP by i ended up getting wound up with MAGIC as they had a special event to give newbie players a demo deck for free and giving them lessons.

When i mentioned MLP the shop owner thought that i wanted the mtg playmat with MLP villains on it before realising that there is CCG game about it and showing some old boosters where villains were introduced.
>>
>>30891577
Even enterplay know that flutterfags are cucked
>>
>>30898009
I swear to god, so many people playing magic, they have pony playmats and the ultra-shitty official sleeves which literally peel off after three shuffles, but they've never even heard of the actual pony CCG.
>>
File: 1359337022562.png (93KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1359337022562.png
93KB, 512x512px
>>30898067
>He doesn't sleeve his sleeves
>>
>>30898071
No, I never have. Spill-phobic guy that I am I double sleeve my cards but sleeving the sleeves on top always seems silly to me. Got to stop at *some* point.
>>
>>30898081
>not tripple sleeving and putting the entire deck in toploaders
>>
>>30898085
You laugh but I seriously saw a kid at a pony convention do this. He got mad that the judge wouldn't let him play in the tournament because he couldn't keep his deck in one stack (had to have two stacks because it was too tall) and his opponent called this potentially cheating.
>>
bump because I wanna see some more duscussion about cards
>>
>>30898867
We could talk about how good it is that villain farming and Maud Pie are dead.
>>
>>30899125
Actually I know nothing about the TCG, but I'm gonna read up on it. I've never been into playing card games although I like the concept, so I thought this game would be neat. It would be enjoyable to lurk while you guys talk about stuff but it's too bad animosity isn't so great.
Also excuse my horrible typo in my last post.
>>
>>30896843
What the actual fuck.

Most of my decks were yellow/pink or something along those lines, stopped playing around when high magic was still the latest one available (in Europe, anyway) because I got busy with other matters to attend regularly. Our playgroup was just me, two regulars and one semi-regular who was still relatively new to the game, but it was all decent fun while it lasted.
>>
>>30899166
With pink and yellow token generation he is crazy good.
>>
>>30899627
Yeah, I can imagine. I liked using lots of small friends in my decks and they go out and make a mane that benefits from it the best after I had quit? Dagnabbit.
>>
>Applejack is worst pony
> Orange is best color

Wat
>>
>>30899125
Isn't there a new Maud card that's really good anyway?
>>
>>30901114
The ultra rare, and yes it is.
>>
>>30898067
I really wish those pony sleeves weren't so shitty...
>>
File: wow.jpg (115KB, 692x481px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
115KB, 692x481px
>>30901114
>Start faceoff
>Proceed to flip entire deck over
Pssh nothin personal kid
>>
>>30901870
I pretty much only use Dragon Shields these days.
>>
pretty fun looking game
>>
File: de135.jpg (21KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
de135.jpg
21KB, 344x480px
>That's a nice board advantage you have
>Would be a shame if something happened to it...
>>
>>30901904
They'll definitely need to do something to address this, sheesh.
>>
File: de142.jpg (23KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
de142.jpg
23KB, 344x480px
>>30902599
Not really, being able to win faceoffs is hardly the key to winning anymore.
>>
>>30901904
She's my ace.
>>
>>30902639
She's not that good.
>>
>>30902608
Oh goody.
>>
>>30902608
I want to make a solely changeling themed deck.
>>
>>30904117
Not nearly enough changelings to make that viable yet.
>>
>>30891577
bumpo
>>
>>30905171
Gimme more in the new expansion. I want a Feelings Forum card.
>>
>>30908209
Nah we've had too many Changelings.
>>
Well guess the game is as dead as this thread.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.