[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we diss Fallout Equestria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: 1504379282594.png (216KB, 767x450px) Image search: [Google]
1504379282594.png
216KB, 767x450px
No Fallfags allowed.

If you don't like this fic, explain why.
>>
Been in this fandom 5 years and I've never read it, I feel like there's no point reading it now since I've gone this long.

Also the FE threads are concentrated cancer
>>
File: Nyx.png (196KB, 2000x1864px) Image search: [Google]
Nyx.png
196KB, 2000x1864px
>>30891124
Imagine if Fo:E and Past Sins had their popularity swapped.

I've always wished for that. Bash Past Sins all you want but it's still an original story compared to Ripping off my source material: Equestria
>>
>>30891124
>reading fanfics
off yourself
>>
>>30891148
Past Sins isn't that original. Nyxposting aside, it's just the typical "Oh woe is me I'm a special child with the Nine-Tailed Fox- I mean Nightmare Moon sealed inside me" story. It's generic, and like everything from the early days of mlp, it only got popular because people shared stuff back then.

Can you explain why FE threads are concentrated cancer? I got to FOE chapter 30 before losing interest. It's better than Project Horizons, which is like Fallout Equestria but written by Micheal Bay's retarded little brother struggling with his growing sexual urges and confused mind.
>>
>>30891173
>Watching Naurto

You have no rights to dictate taste anon
>>
I really want to read this fic but it's just too damn long
>>
>>30891391
I don't think you get his comment
>>
File: rare pipe.png (434KB, 728x749px) Image search: [Google]
rare pipe.png
434KB, 728x749px
The trouble with FoE is that it actually has a half-decent premise (opps we fucked up, time to find new bearers for the elements of harmony so that we can fix things), but gets caught up in "KILL THE BADS", "LOL LESBIANS", "DAE THE VIDYA GAEMS", and "20% COOLER LMAO".
>>
Original fic is creative and more-than-decent
The large, large majority of spinoffs are horrible, with some meh exceptions.
The people who circle around and are active in that community are, as the first poster said well, concentrated pure cancer.
>>
>>30891124
>If you don't like this fic, explain why.
I read some of it and really didn't care for it at all, because:
>I don't really like Fallout all that much
>I don't like reading about horrid shit happening to poners
>The people who sang it's praises the loudest seemed to really be not that pleasant to interact with
>And it felt like yet another "must cram horses into everything else ever because REASONS" thing

If you like it, then that's cool.

>>30891148
I did actually honestly like Past Sins. It's not great by any stretch, but it was entertaining enough.

Captcha:
>horse vote
>>
Will I like it if I've never played fallout?
>>
>>30892105
You won't get a lot of references, but the world is explained well enough to stand on its own.
>>
>>30892349
I like the part where Fluttershy is a literal tree.
>>
>>30891124
I liked the beginning, but after about 20 chapters it just gets too dark and edgy and constant sexual innuendo like a furry fanfic.
>>
>>30892974
>furry fanfic.
Hmmm...
>>
>>30891148
>royal sisters/pilot focused plot

It has no longevity.
>>
>>30891124
Somber did better
>>
>>
>>30891148
>tfw read your post while listening to a song I used to listen a lot in 2013
>I read Past Sins around 2013-2014
>nostalgia kicks in

Though to be honest, in hindsight, Past Sins is hard to take seriously as every single line of it is filled with such endless pathos but there's really not much captivating, similar tropes were done a million times in MLP fanfiction alone. I guess it has the right of the first though
>>
>>30891761
I consider Murky Number 7 better than the original despite being a spinoff.
>>
>>30892981
Hmmm indeed. It's almost as if the writer got their start in the furry fandom. How strange...

Oh wait https://kkatman.sofurry.com/
>>
>>30893049
Why are you posting Vogelfag's autism in this completely unrelated thread?
>>
>>30891124
>Mixing colourful pastel horses with murder, rape, murderrape, and nuclear war is total a good idea
The biggest problem with Fallout Equestria is that it takes itself so seriously that you can't help but laugh when you remember all the characters are fucking ponies.
Also the pacing is absolutely god-awful, it starts out slow, starts to build up a little bit, and then absolutely fucking dies the moment they get into the tower.
>>
endchan.xyz/pone/
>>
You know what bothered me? The writer doesn't understand themes.

In the original Fallout, the world got nuked because mankind never got out of the 60s. In this? Ponykind gives nukes to the zebras then a nuclear war happens. but there isn't a moral here about the dangers of showing friendship to evil people. There isn't any moral or depth or meaning here.

Zebras caused nuclear armageddon, but the Zebras of the post-war world shouldn't be killed because "That's racism and ignorance". Littlepip's a good guy in a world of evil, but only so she can wallow in self-pity and the writer can wax fucking lyrical about how amazing Littlepip and Bootleg DJ Pon3 are for being somewhat nice.

Element bearers are implied to exist in this world, but the ponies that represent these elements are idiots. Honesty offs himself, Generousity is an edgelord cyborg that should have been the protagonist, and Kindness... The biggest flaw with this fic's writing. Bootleg Sweetie Belle is an idiot, a bitch, and annyoing. She heals raiders and bandits, "Never killing" in a world of death and pain, except when sufficiently pissed, then she'll throw morals away and enter focus mode.

I keep thinking like I could do it better. That's what bothers me the most. This is a fandom that considers FOE a masterpiece and half the fandom considers FOE: PH an even cooler masterpiece just because it out-gores and out-sexes and out-darks the original and that's all a fic needs to be good, right? I could do this premise better, but if I worked with the current FOE setting, it'd be a fix fic and if I made my own Fallout/Pony crossover, it'd be shunned. I hear Kkat ordered Equestria Daily to autoreject any non-FOE Fallout fics, which wouldn't surprise me.

I feel like I could do this premise better. But should I spend months writing over 400K of pony fanfic words for a seven year old fandom? And would a fandom that considers The Canonized Clop Chapter erotic/heartwarming/deep/good in any way even understand it?
>>
>>30891124
There's a place called ProjectAFTER forums that had/has been doing a mock and critique of the fic since chapter 1 and is full of laughs.

Only problem is that a few of the members are pretty dickish, most of them are gone at this time though, and the site itself always need some new blood.

The fanfiction mockeries subforums is where most of the Forums life is.
>>
>>30894084
Actually, replying to myself, the damn forums shut themselves down back in August I have found out. A damn shame, some of those mockeries were top notch, oh well.
>>
>>30894043
I agree with just about everything you said. Going back now, I realize that it's far from the masterpiece some people proclaim it to be. That being said, I'll always have a nostalgic soft spot in my heart for the story and characters, because it's what got me into Fallout in the first place, and I started reading it at a real low point in my life. As you pointed out it is a long story, and I lost interest a few times, but by the time I got around to the characters' redemptions and the hopeful, optimistic ending, I pulled myself out of the ditch and gotten my life moving in a good direction. Although I don't think I'll ever reread it (and I haven't touched any of the spinoffs) I'll always look back on it through rose tinted glasses. Sorry about the blogpost.
>>
>>30894043
The real problem with FoE on a thematic level is that it does have a theme - it's (supposedly) about hope in the face of adversity, but it also advocates for extreme consequentialism. To the point where it quite deliberately drives a wedge between 'hero' and 'good person'. The entire "villain of the piece" schtick that informs the protagonists' actions in the final act idolises people for doing terrible things in the name of the greater good. It lacks the self-awareness to recognise that this is precisely the same motive that the villains have, and favors the main characters simply because they're the main characters.
>>
>>30891124
Aren't both the protags of the two main fictions lesbians?
How about making a straight horse for once, or do authors need to show how independent being a dyke is?
>>
>>30894043
Yeah, pipshit aint the best at that.
>>
>>30891148
>You will never live in a world where there is a Pipposter and Nyxfags have their own past sins general
>>
File: Littlepip41.jpg (264KB, 1280x686px) Image search: [Google]
Littlepip41.jpg
264KB, 1280x686px
I want to pet this horse
>>
>>30891173
This is the best description of PH I've ever read.

>tfw read PH 4 times. Dropped Past Sins about 5 chapters in because it is FUCKING SHIT!
>>
>>30894404
I want to rip off her bandage, stick the barrel of her gun deep into the wound and fire it into her brain
>>
>>30891173
>Fallout Equestria is good because Project Horizons is shit

What kind of fucking argument is that
>>
>>30894421
He said it's better than PH. One can be better than the other even if they're both shit.
>>
File: hatpip.png (205KB, 583x666px) Image search: [Google]
hatpip.png
205KB, 583x666px
>>
Fall of Equestria > Fallout Equestria
>>
Pip was an idiot. The pony she was crushing on was a bigger idiot who also happened to be a bitch. Then the author got lazy and used that laziness in the epilogue to defend leavin certain questions unanswered. It isn't unreadable but I'm pretty sure I'd it was a masterpiece I'd read it more than once.
>>
>>30894404
I dont. High impact sexual violence and necrophilia sound better.
>>
File: 1498865772182.png (163KB, 658x801px) Image search: [Google]
1498865772182.png
163KB, 658x801px
It's way too much effort to put in for a fic that just rips-off the plot of Fallout 3 with some Fallout 1 & 2 mixed in.

I read the first five chapters and I eventually dropped it because it was basically the plot to Fallout 3 verbatim, I didn't want to spend hours reading a glorified reshoot of a game I already played but with some of the words changed to 'anypony' and

I can watch a 30 minute show per week easy, but I just cannot commit to a 600,000+ word fanfic that just seems to steal all its plot lines.

Same thing with Project Horizons, it's 1,000,000+ word count just makes me not want to even try, especially since it has the Fo:E name attached to it.
>>
>>30891124
>Lilpips addiction played up as a major plot point early on and actually executed fairly well, showing how she's slowly becoming dependent on mentats without going overboard
>Rather than building upon this, just cure her of her addiction off screen like a Fallout game
Fucking hell, when will people learn that what works in a video game doesn't work in other mediums? Addiction is easy to cure in Fallout because the game is almost built around popping chems for particularly hard battles, it's almost guaranteed a player will become addicted at some point, so addiction is relatively easy to cure because otherwise the game would just be unpleasant to play. You can't make drug addiction curable with 100 caps and a blacked out screen in fucking literature because it makes the character having an addiction in the first place an absolutely pointless plot point.
>>
>>30896975
You're not missing anything, like you said the plot is basically just a medley of the Fallout games, mainly three.

Main story of course is a "water purifier" rip-off, one large arc and the main villain is basically just pulled straight from The Pitt, one major arc is pretty much just The Master from the first game, another major arc and the longest chapter in the whole thing is pretty much just Dead Money, etc.
There really is nothing unique to the fic itself here.
>>
>>30891124
For some reason the thing that bothered me the most was the battle saddles about how impractical they would be in actual combat and how people accepted as defining modern warfare tactics involving ponies.
>>
>>30897105
To be fair at least the battle saddles made more sense than firing a .44 magnum with your fucking mouth, all those years of braces for absolutely nothing, and talk about whiplash.
>>
>>30891173
Didn't you read the OP? No Fallfags
>>
>>30894194
Thank you, I didn't notice that.
>>30894217
Lesbians=quality in this fandom. Still, the "Better FOE" fic I was planning stars a male protagonist. A very minmaxed male protagonist with competence, determination, skill, and epic.
>>30894421
I said FOE is bad, and PH is worse. PH is a shallow imitation of FOE that tries to one-up everything about it the fandom loved. FOE is bad for its own reasons.
>>30896975
Aye. And you can really tell how much the author LOVED the third game, despite how bad it was.
>>
>>30897597
Also I'm the OP. I was asking for elaboration, I wasn't defending fallfags.
>>30897105
I've never heard anyone say this before. Could you please elaborate? What makes the battle saddles terrible?
>>30897203
Jesus, mouth-firing guns... Outside of a One Piece AU where everyone uses guns, mouth-firing is a dumb idea. I would honestly prefer extra-sized grips with triggers that stick out to the side to mouth guns.
>>
Bump because seriously, what's wrong with the Battle Saddles?
>>
File: RDP FOE Trixie Concept.png (702KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RDP FOE Trixie Concept.png
702KB, 1920x1080px
>>30897673
>I've never heard anyone say this before. Could you please elaborate? What makes the battle saddles terrible?
There will be a difficulty in reloading and unjamming such devices.
You would have to expose your entire head and body out of cover to fire.
But the biggest drawback is the inability to provide anti air capabilities, which is a major problem considering that the potential belligerents might be other pony nations, griffons, changelings, or dragons.
My complaint is how is that it goes against most things I been taught during my time in the infantry and in ROTC. You're suppose to base and and adapt your tactics on the weapon capabilities and not the other way around. Use of fire and maneuver and covering each other is supposed to be used. I even came up with a concept in my head about a fps game similar to the Red Orchestra series on how the Equestrian military can fight against a modern war against griffons and changelings.

On another note, I wish that there would be a RDP on this fic. I can see the potential for a parody.
>>
>>30894194
Remember that Pip wiped out 2 sentient races (Nearly all of the Hellhounds and damned all Ghouls to a slow eventual death), killed thousands of innocent Pegasi, and yet had the gaul to call Operation Cauterize "Genocide"

History really is written by the winners here
>>
>>30891124
Aged as badly as milk
>>
File: 1483341064109.jpg (395KB, 1085x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483341064109.jpg
395KB, 1085x800px
>>30898093
This fits here
>>
>>30897868
Basically you wouldn't be able to aim them, you'd be hip firing the whole time, worse since you can't maneuver the muzzle without moving your entire body, so like 95% of your shots would just be hitting dirt.
It worked for Steelhoofs grenade machine gun because, well, fucking grenade machine gun, but for a standard rifle or even shotgun it'd be terribly inefficient.
>>
>>30897868
>>30898241
To add to this, there's no way to elevate or lower the barrel, so a battle saddle user would be helpless against enemies above or below them. Also, because the body of the weapon(s) is behind the user's field of vision and beyond their limbs' rotation range, they wouldn't be able to quickly reload or respond to mechanical failure.
>>
>>30898241
>>30898846
The only way you'd hit anything with guns strapped to your sides would be if you fought like a WW2 fighter aircraft. It SORT OF makes sense for pegasi, but even then there would be problems.
>>
>>30891124
Especially in the early chapters you can easily notice when Littlepip is fighting an enemy vs. expendable npc fighting an enemy.
In her first encounter with a raider they prove to be smart by using shotguns at close range and having a sniper cover them. They even mine her location when she decides to hole down for the night.
Then the whole fight in the treebrary is like a 'dumb' switch has been pulled so Littlepip can win against any odds. Dropped it a few chapters later.
>>
>>30901239
Seriously, the "we kill people because we just feel like it raiders" was just as fucking stupid as it was in Fallout 3. Compare even the fucking fiends to Fallout 3 raiders and it's silly, compared them to the Great Khans and the writing looks pathetically bad.
>>
How does it all end? Lil Pip's character was alright at the start but in the end it made me stop reading.
>>
Because it's just fallout with ponies. The laziest way to make a crossover is just to replace all the characters from one setting with anothers.
>>
>>30902479
She more or less becomes god after being hooked up into a machine that controls the weather and fixes absolutely everything, and she can even unhook herself whenever she wants to spend time with her lesbian gf so it really wasn't much of a sacrifice so much as getting a new job
>>
I haven't read anything about it but someone said Rarity's the only one confirmed dead, so I've already lost all interest, little as there was to begin with.
>>
>>30902479
>>30902920 covered most of it. Pip and her friends behead or dissolve most of the major factions. Pip yhen takes control of the weather and gains nigh-omniscience along with the personal friendship and support of Princess Celestia (who is a computer).

In the space of a chapter transition, Pip's friends become the new elements of harmony and magically fix everything. This includes Fluttershy (who is a tree). The story ends with a ten year skip to Fluttershy reading the 'Book of Littlepip' to a group of foals, then reflecting on how things are so much better now that the super mutants/alicorns can have children and the deathclaws/diamond dogs were given Ponyville as a "sorry we nuked you" present.
>>
>>30903725
Most of the show characters are long dead in FoE. The only ones that make it to the end are Fluttershy and Celestia, and even the latter's only 'alive' on a technicality.
>>
>>30903725
Pinkie died
Twilight became a part of unity and died
rainbow dash either dies by gildas claw or in project horizens turns into a ghoul and roleplays as mare do well
Fluttershy gets turned into a tree and survives being turned back into a pony
Apple jack dies of old age in stable 2
>>
>>30903770
I meant right at the start.
Something like, everyone else teleported to safety, Rarity staid behind for some reason?
I assume there are flashback episodes.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (4KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
4KB, 218x231px
WHERE IS MY /foe/?!
>>
>>30894043
I've toyed with the idea of doing a story or collection of short stories about survivors in the wasteland alternate reality from the season 5 finale. Thought it'd be interesting for other anons to imagine how the world ended up that way and the events leading up to it.
>>
>>30903770
Don't sugarcoat it.

Pinkie faces the full brunt of a Balefire Bomb.

Twilight gets dragged literally kicking and screaming into the Unity goo to be dissolved into the consciousness of the Goddess.

Rainbow Dash's fate is unknown.

Fluttershy gets turned into a tree by Killing Joke (mutated Poison Joke)

Rarity dies a slow, painful death after her hoof is fused to a window crack to prevent Pink Cloud from getting inside the building she's in.

Applejack is the only "good" end. Dies surrounded by family in Stable 2.
>>
>>30901785
FoE Raiders get even more retarded when the spinoffs attribute it to a fucking virus of all things.
>>
Its based on bethesda's shitty fallout.
>lol raiders
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>30904276
Ehh. When it comes to Fo3-style "NEVER SHOULDA COME HERE" rape and murder raiders, a virus at least makes a sliver more sense than "they forgot their virtues :(".
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.