[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rarity should've been The Element of Purity.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

File: TvUn7iX[1].jpg (558KB, 5875x5179px) Image search: [Google]
TvUn7iX[1].jpg
558KB, 5875x5179px
Rarity should've been The Element of Purity.
>>
File: 479495.jpg (55KB, 523x400px) Image search: [Google]
479495.jpg
55KB, 523x400px
>>30889241
>>
>>30889257
Lyra the Element of Chocolate Milk.
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>30889241
>Fluttershy the Element of Harmony and Element of Kindness get it on with an evil spirit of Disharmony and Chaos

>Rarity the element of Generosity will lay with a a character established as a thief

>Nice guys like Spike or Flash can never score

Really makes you think
>>
>>30889268
>Flash
>Being exactly one Glimglam away from the "I fucked a horse" hat trick
>Never scored
>>
File: SMUG_ASS_RARITY_7.jpg (48KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
SMUG_ASS_RARITY_7.jpg
48KB, 640x606px
>>30889241
Element of Smug.
>>
File: Twilie blush.gif (4MB, 620x540px) Image search: [Google]
Twilie blush.gif
4MB, 620x540px
>>30889268
>Flash can never score
Y-yeah
Totally
>>
>purity
>white
remember yamino?
yeah, imagine what would've happened with this instead
>>
>>30889318
>Element of racial purity and white
That title already belongs to Aryanne.
>>
>>30889333
difference is that aryanne is an obscure meme that barely anyone knows, and the other is a main character from a world wide known cartoon
>>
File: carlos.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>30889241

I want Rarity to spank me until my ass is red and yellow and blue and green. I want her to use her magic to strip me completely naked, call me an ugly pink animal and tell me that no one will ever love me or my nude body. I want her to drip candle wax on my penis and then throw me out of an open window into the street.
>>
File: gassingthatidea.png (296KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
gassingthatidea.png
296KB, 1024x759px
>>30889241

>Rarity
>Purity

Nein, we will nip this in the bud by going from A to Zyklon!
>>
File: New Intensifies.jpg (377KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
New Intensifies.jpg
377KB, 1920x1080px
>>30889241
Just to get it out of the way you guys should start talking about how she was originally supposed to be the element of inspiration before Hasbro decided that it was too confusing for new player...

Erm, too complicated for kids to grasp the concept I mean.
>>
File: murbppphphhh.gif (167KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
murbppphphhh.gif
167KB, 250x250px
>>30889241
>Element of Purity
>>
>>30889799
I guess I'm one of the stupid kids they changed it for, because I still don't know how 'inspiration' is a moral virtue in any way.

Besides, I consider generosity to be a subset of kindness. You're telling me Rarity is more charitable than Fluttershy, who cares for animals ever day? What?
>>
>>30889241
Ratify and Applejack should have had the other's element. Applejack is concerned with her family's business, while Rarity is more focused on social status. Generally in a fictional setting where a character draws power from virtue their main conflict is often that they are tempted to turn their back on that concept. Rarity really doesn't care about money, she just sees it as a means to an end. That "end" being acquisition of popularity and being seen as "trendy".
She would most likely be content living a life of near poverty if it meant being a well known trend setter. Greed really doesn't help her life goals. But she's demonstrated social grace strong enough to manipulate others, lying and selective truths could very easily suit her ends. All this means that her struggle to become popular while being honest would be a more compelling character conflict.
>>
>>30889898
>I guess I'm one of the stupid kids they changed it for, because I still don't know how 'inspiration' is a moral virtue in any way.

Why does it have to be a moral virtue? That doesn't seem to be a prerequisite especially considering how half of the other elements aren't really virtues either. As a secondary question are you one of those ones that gets confused and or upset if an episode has an ambiguous moral or presents no real moral at all?
>>
>>30889950
>As a secondary question are you one of those ones that gets confused and or upset if an episode has an ambiguous moral or presents no real moral at all?

What? No.

Dude, what do you think the Elements of Harmony even are? They're....elements, of harmony. They're pieces, that when united, create/represent perfect harmony. But "Harmony" in this context means "the six traits that make someone a good/moral person".
That's why the Elements of Harmony's purpose is to stop evil. You assemble these six people who have traits of "goodness", and the Elements take them and use them as a base to wash evil away.

>Why does it have to be a moral virtue? That doesn't seem to be a prerequisite especially considering how half of the other elements aren't really virtues either.

But they are, though, they're just not all literal. The Element of Laughter obviously isn't literally Laughter, it's about making OTHER people laugh. It's about keeping people cheery when they're sad, happy and hopeful when they've given up, and putting smiles on people's faces for no benefit of your own. So Pinkie's actual Element is Cheer-Making or Hope-Giving or whatever.

Twi's Element meanwhile isn't "Magic" it's FRIENDSHIP. She's the Element of Friendship, which essentially means she's the Element of Unity. Making friends instead of enemies, working together instead of fighting, and learning from and helping those around you. That's her moral virtue.

Generosity is a moral virtue, but again I think it's just one form of kindness. Purity meanwhile would be about staying pure and uncorrupted, and being pure of heart, meaning you have inner beauty.
>>
Purity is more of an internal thing though, right? The Elements of Harmony were always billed as an external thing.
>>
>>30890068
I was just checking with the second thing, just in case you were one of those lost cause guys who occasionally posts here who can't comprehend something if there isn't a strict moral attached.

Trust me, they exist.

As for the elements of Harmony being inherently moral, I have to disagree. I can look at each of the six elements and I see that in a kind of pure state that they can be considered virtuous, good if you must use the term, but I can also see how they can also be the opposite.

For some examples

Kindness
>"Oh, it's just in their nature to be savages, we just have to accept that's how they've always been and how they have to be and accept them as they are."
Laughter
>"Wait, you really think that someone would want to be friends with you? Ha, that's rich! Why would someone even want to be in the same room with some deviant freak?! Hahaha!"
Loyalty
>"I was just following orders..."
Honesty
>"They just aren't like us and it would be best for everyone involved if they just kept to their own. The trouble is that they're not going to do that unless we do something about it, now are they?"
Generosity
>"Oh, please, they just can't manage on their own, we have to make sure that they're cared for and provided for properly, it's our burden to bear and it would be irresponsible to try to let them take care of themselves."
Magic, or "Unity" as you interpret it
>"Alone we are weak, helpless, insignificant creatures trapped in a cruel and brutal world that seeks to destroy us, but if we band together then we become strong, strong enough to overcome the challenges that we face and strong enough to crush everyone that would seek to stand in our way..."

The point is that you really can't just assign a moral value to a character trait without context. Even things that are traditionally considered good can be, very, very bad in the right context and the right light. Even then morals are completley subjective, one mans virtue is another man's sin.
>>
File: Applejack_confused_S5E24.png (825KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Applejack_confused_S5E24.png
825KB, 1280x720px
What does purity have to do with friendship?
>>
>>30889898
You can inspire someone to greatness.
You can inspire someone to do better for themselves and others.
You can inspire even the worst people to change.
Is not difficulty of understandings comrade.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.