[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-Season 2 Possibilities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

File: TooManyScrolls.png (2MB, 1680x1156px) Image search: [Google]
TooManyScrolls.png
2MB, 1680x1156px
I was rewatching ponies, and something extremely interesting caught my eye because of what it could mean.
>inb4 just a meaningless animation choice
>inb4 rose-tinted glasses
>inb4 twilight-dyed-mane thread

So this is what I noticed:
>season 2 premiere
>Princess Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle her old scrolls containing what she learned about friendships, in the hopes that it would help Twilight and company defeat Discord
>at this point in time, there could not have been more than 26 scrolls/lessons written (if we were to do 1 scroll/lesson for every episode, which is more than there actually were)
>pictured is way more than 26 scrolls/lessons
>Twilight learned more lessons in season 1 than shown in season 1

Is it possible that Twilight had learned many more lessons in that time span than we have seen in season 1 MLP:FiM? And if that's the case, does that potentially mean that there are still more season 1 tier episodes/stories that could be thought up? If each of those scrolls were a lesson, than each scroll could be representative of an individual episode! Not that it would happen, but could you imagine Season 8 being an almost "return" to that period of time (where season 8 was just those missing lessons from season 1), when the friendships between the mane 6 were still clashing and being formed into what we see them as today? Those scrolls were in all likelihood just an animation choice, but I like to entertain the idea that maybe there was some more Season 1 MLP to be discovered. I'd love to see Luna still learning to adjust to a new life that she has been out of touch with for a thousand moons. I'd like to see Twilight still struggle with how to deal with her friends. I'd love to see Rainbow Dash learn again when the Wonderbolts are impressed by a pony other than her.

What would you all like to see? What stories, places, or ponies would you like to look into during this time in MLP:FiM? How autistic is this?
>>
>>30882270
Unicorn Twilight is never coming back no matter how much you want her to.
>>
>>30882270
That would be awful. Do you really want every CMC episode being as bad as showstoppers or staremaster or for every spike episode to be as bad as owls well. Granted, spikes episodes are rarely good, but they are better than they were in season 1.

Season 1 is vastly overrated and is really look at fondly because people don't remember all of the dull and mundane parts of it. People seem to forget how many flat episodes there were or how terribly written some of the characters were (the CMC were despised back in season 1).
>>
File: 1489292534164.gif (490KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489292534164.gif
490KB, 640x360px
>>30882279
>no matter how much you want her to.
I am impartial to her in alicorn form vs unicorn form. I just think it would be really interesting to see this route of the show explored. Not that it will, but still interesting to think about.
>>
File: 1447210028609.gif (60KB, 238x279px) Image search: [Google]
1447210028609.gif
60KB, 238x279px
>>30882296
Well, maybe just a couple episodes that went back to that time period would be interesting. I have to imagine that there were some episodes that they thought up but didn't implement that they thought of as missed oppurtunities. Even if its only 1 or 2.
>>
>>30882312
of course there were ideas that weren't used back then.But you don't know if they have applied them with a different character with another context

the only potential characters to apply what you desire are Twilight and Rainbow Dash.The rest of the mane 6 could have those old ideas at anytime if they haven't made them in an ep yet.

Even then,you have Amending Fences,No Second Prances,Princess Twilight Sparkle,Brotherhooves Social and an ep of Griffonstone where they turn a one time character into being relevant for a whole race to remind yourself of the good days and how much it's changed

The only thing it's completely forgotten are the buffalos.
>>
>>30882312
Remember how bad 28 pranks later was? That was basically what happens when we go back to season 1. If you got rid of the CMCs cutie marks, you could even say it was a season 1 episode if you didn't know better.
>>
>>30882405
Except Season 1 episodes were the best in the whole series you shameless hasdrone
>>
File: 1503165411867.png (68KB, 302x366px) Image search: [Google]
1503165411867.png
68KB, 302x366px
>>30882414) isn't me.

>>30882389
Yah, I guess Applejack and the other ponies like that could have episode potentials used in other episodes in almost any season. But if Twilight had one little season 1 episode and rainbow dash as well, that could be interesting to look at, again, even if its just 1 or 2 episodes.

Rainbow Dash became friends with the little buffalo iirc, so that friendship could be explored a little more deeply if that route was taken.

>>30882405
>28 pranks later
I liked the idea of that episode, but felt like the episode was kinda carried out badly. Kind of like a really good plan or strategy with bad execution.
>>
>>30882414
They really aren't, if season 1 episodes were aired today, people would hate them. They really were some of the most mediocre episodes in the series. It didn't have the lows of later seasons, but its highs were pretty low as well (highest episodes being decent at best).

>>30882436
A lot of season 1 episodes were like that, an interesting idea executed really poorly. Like show stoppers or feeling pinkie keen or cutie mark chronicles.
>>
>>30882436
I have the feeling that they have used Pinkie for it and instead of using Rainbow Dash with buffalos,they used her for Daring Do and Pinkie for the yaks
my headcanon is that writers reused the concept of a tribal race that fits for Pinkie's character becuase of Pinkie's relationship in Over A Barrel and we all know that peculiar "friendship"
>>
File: Slade_001.jpg (49KB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
Slade_001.jpg
49KB, 371x500px
>>30882405
>>30882455
They really aren't, if season 1 episodes were aired today, people would hate them.
You do not speak for me or anyone outside of your pathetic miniature hivemind, Vogeldrone/Derpibooru
>Griffon the brush off -> 28 pranks later was basically what happens when we go back to season 1
You mean when you take any good idea and executive it like garbage, meaning anything in seasons 2-7. Even the simplest concepts get ruined by idiots because they're idiots, it comes naturally to them to ruin anything. A person without any experience could create a better episode, simply because they have a better personality and mentality.

>>30882414
I'm glad early /co/lts are periodically returning to /mlp/ to remind the drones how insignificant and assbackwards they are compared to the rest of the world.
If only we could make it permanent this time.
>>
>>30882597
>You mean when you take any good idea and executive it like garbage, meaning anything in seasons 2-7. Even the simplest concepts get ruined by idiots because they're idiots, it comes naturally to them to ruin anything. A person without any experience could create a better episode, simply because they have a better personality and mentality.

That is season 1 in a nuttshell, interesting ideas that are ruined because the main characters are idiots or jerks. The CMC competing in a talent show, could work, but making them massive idiots who can't see their obvious talents ruins it. The episode could have worked if it were A. a battle of the bands and B. the CMCs talents weren't so obviously displayed at the start of the episode.

Or boast busters, which turned half of twilights friends into jerks because they didn't like trixies performance and adding the two dumbest characters of the show in order to foward the plot.

Or look before you sleep, a plot that could easily be solved by twilight saying something but she is too oblivious to notice her two friends fighting. Or the fact that Rarity/AJ are too immature to be taken seriously

Or the buffalo episode, which makes everyone involved too stubborn to talk to each other, when the problem could have easily been solved without a "war."

It's one thing if its within someones character to do something flawed, plenty of good post season 1 episodes do this, but regressing the mane 6 into children and the CMC into exceptionally dumb children is not how you make the show interesting. Season 2 and onward made things better by making the characters act like characters instead of regressing them into idiots.
>>
>>30882739
Not that anon, but I'll respond to some of those episodes

>Boast busters
>turned half of twilights friends into jerks
I wouldn't say that they became jerks, I think they were just naturally offput to someone who was braggy and showoff-y. I'd like to think that I'd be kind of annoyed by Trixie in the same manner if I witnessed it first hand.

>LBYS
>could be easily solved by Twilight saying something but she is too oblivious
Well, that early on in the show, she was extremely bad when it came to social interaction. She was still early in her mission on learning on truly appreciating the magic of friendship and that she is not perfectly quick to know something is absolutely wrong. Good thing she wasn't autistic enough to know something was really off (when she said "Ugh, maybe its time we just get some sleep") after the pillow fight gone wrong.

Id go on with the others, but I would argue that MLP (or season 1 MLP) have taught morals in ways that don't just say "dont do this because these characters are jerks, and they're doing it". You could argue that for LBYS, I would say that Boast Busters, which is specifically about responding to a boastful person, the mane 6 reacted pretty reasonably. Not the BEST reaction, but an expectable one.
>>
File: Wgu1wSO.png (33KB, 502x441px) Image search: [Google]
Wgu1wSO.png
33KB, 502x441px
>>30882270
>>inb4 just a meaningless animation choice
you answered yourself.
It's a cartoon, and cartoons often exaggerate themselves for the sake of visual effect. If there were exactly 25 friendship lesson scrolls, it wouldn't look like much to the viewer's eye, but if you collectively copypaste a group of them a dozen times, it makes the "she's had a few friendship lessons so far" perspective more clear.
DHX also isn't consistent by any means, since most of the choices for facial expressions back in season 1 were done on a very low-budget and outsourced fillipino animators, shit didn't remain consistent at all. Things like eyelashes, eyelids, and ears disappearing were common back in season 1 since the animators were more flexible to change things about the style. in recent seasons, the animation direction has gotten very strict and so specific since the show has turned into Hasbro's crown jewel at this point.
In other words, MLP isn't an anime and DHX Media didn't give a shit about consistency in tiny things like the amount of scrolls Twilight had.
>>
File: 1503164944108.png (292KB, 569x568px) Image search: [Google]
1503164944108.png
292KB, 569x568px
>>30882862
True. But in this lack of consistency, it's possible that they opened up a route (one that probably will not be explored, regardless) of the show without realizing it earlier.

Kind of like the Season 4 Finale. Tirek escaped Tartarus when the big dog left his post guarding it back in season 2, and grew to be powerful enough to emerge in season 4. I doubt that the writers had this in mind when they came up with the dog leaving the gate to set up Tirek's entrance 2 seasons later. I think they said "Hey, there was this thing we did seasons ago, and it could work for a future episode!"

Maybe that's what they COULD think with these scrolls.
>>
File: qCgjLF6.png (32KB, 550x451px) Image search: [Google]
qCgjLF6.png
32KB, 550x451px
>>30882893
hmmm yeah maybe. Though I'm pretty sure that DHX or the writers working on the show didn't even notice it at all. when the biggo doggo was guarding Tartarus, that's quite the huge responsibility for a doggo to have, and when he's left his post, that's figuratively leaving the gates to hell open.
I can see why the writers made a story about it, because it is quite the huge setup for something amazing.
I think the amount of scrolls that Twilight has wouldn't be much of a great setup for something new. Probably for episodes in the style of "i remember when THIS happened" and then a flashback to a lesson Twilight learned off-screen in the Season 1 times, but that's pretty much like telling the writers to "write more episodes from this prompt" which is really vaguely interesting.
>>
File: 1503434269649.png (485KB, 781x802px) Image search: [Google]
1503434269649.png
485KB, 781x802px
>>30882956
>"write more episodes from this prompt" which is really vaguely interesting.
True. I could definitely see it being uninteresting to happen a lot, but if it were a route to let them do 1 or 2 episodes, maybe it could work out? Not sure. But anyways, I definitely hear what you're saying.

>biggo doggo
Remember when Fluttershy tamed a big marauding dog by being caring and petting it. That was a nice moment.
>>
File: uaEybwR.png (53KB, 651x616px) Image search: [Google]
uaEybwR.png
53KB, 651x616px
>>30882979
>Remember when Fluttershy tamed a big marauding dog by being caring and petting it. That was a nice moment.
god i fucking miss season 1.
reminder that anybody who felt season 1 was really mediocre has only watched ponies in the past couple years, and shouldn't be old enough to browse this board
>>
>>30882739
>Season 2 and onward made things better by making the characters act like characters instead of regressing them into idiots.
Seems like inside your little pathetic hugbox you don't get enough abuse and reality checkings to wake you up.
You are obviously wrong and too much of a malicious idiot to go down without physical harm. What is wrong with you? It's your pathetic attempts. Trying to deflect everything with immature "I know I am, but what are you" remarks. A thing very typical of a stubborn manchild that needs mental harm 24/7 in order to become a submissive bitch and drop his passive aggressive act.

It's sad really, I'm not deluded about S1 not having flaws, on the contrary. It was so riddled with both flaws and potential that it made me butthurt beyond belief to see its future ruined by a parody meant to insult and flanderize its flaws rather than fix them.

I love how show off that you are capable of discovering flaws, but pretend you're a "deluded ignorant hasdrone" you make me want to rip your lungs out and watch you die. No more "he's just a child, he's just an idiot, ignore him" your idiocy has consequences. The entertainment industry and society are worse than before, like they weren't shit to begin with. You helped degenerate it even more.

After that I love how you pretend everyone is on the same ground around you(and your seasons) and nobody is better than you(and your beliefs), when 98% of the globe is in fact superior compared to you at the moment.
You don't deserve to be tolerated. You rightfully deserve torture for killing the world.
>>
You know what is funny in this nostalgia thread? You already got your wish, the lessons are back.

With Glimmer.

The hate on Glimmer episodes is really ironic, in a lot of ways they are identical to S1/2 (besides Twilight back then having far bigger plot shield protecting her from consequences of dumb crap she was doing all the time). Haters just see what they wanted in mirror and without their rose tinted glasses they see how dumb these episodes were.

Except Starlight at least DOES get called on what she just did instead of shit like "brainwash whole village, no consequences" Sparkle yet despite that is called Mary Sue despite having almost no attributes of one unlike Twilight...
>>
>>30883139
Holy fucking shit do I need to kill you? Nobody is buying your garbage. Who the fuck bought your bullshit? point them out to me. Who gave you the confidence to be such an asshat?
>>
>>30882270
Yes, it is possible. Yes, that is an interesting concept. All shows, by necessity, focus on key events - the most important things within a story arc. There are doubtless other less important lessons, days where no significan progress was made, etc ... I would watch, but I enjoy slice-of-life episodes. It is not, however, probable. Take that idea and writefag it.
>>
>>30882270
Simpsons recently did a follow up episode to kamp krusty set immediately after it
you don't want that to happen to MLP
>>
>>30882270
>>30882279
thanks for making me sad.
>>
>>30882270
Answering the most important question first.
>How autistic is this?
Very much. And yeah, that was just a meaningless animation choice.

I'd like for the S1 time to come back, but I don't think there's a way of implementing it now. Inserting new stuff into the early era now, seven years later, would feel weird. You could maybe do a S1 episode from another point of view as a retold story, but having six seasons between those episodes means nobody who isn't obsessing over the show like us will get what the fuck is even going on.

And there are plenty of unanswered questions and untold stories. About what Celestia's been doing, or Twilight's old Canterlot friends. What about Fillydelphia? Daring Done gave the parasprite infestation a shout out. There is a lot of material there, but it's too late now. Hasbro can't really go and make episodes centered around stuff that's older than their current target audience.
>>
>>30882270
Time warping the show back to S1 wouldn't give us S1 aesthetics or characterisation, and it certainly wouldn't bring back its writing quality. The quality's gone to shit because nobody who was on the show back then is on it now, the original creator who actually cared about the characters is never coming back and the animators were actually reined in back then.

If we had a S1 tier episode today it would be something like Applejack's Day Off, with no charm, no good character interactions and no memorable moments.
>>
>>30883272
this desu
>>
>>30882998
Wasn't that season 4
>>
>>30883272
Besides, season 7 is much better in terms of character interaction than season 1 ever was. Hard to Say Anything had better character interaction than any episode from season 1.
>>
Nobody will bite when you keep using the same bait everytime.
>>
>>30883441
I don't think anyone is trolling.
>>
>>30883475
Then this is either your first week here, you're the shitposter, or you're not paying attention, because we've been having this same kind of shitposting here whole summer at least.
And here's a hint, I don't mean the OP.
>>
>>30883577
>I don't mean the OP.
Thanks lad. I didn't mean for this to be a shitpost. Or even a >muh season 1 nostalgia kind of thread. I wanted the thread to be about what oppurtunities were missed, maybe they could be re-looked at, what kinds of things could they have delved deeper into, etc...
>>
>>30884024
This kind of theorizing can be fun. I sometimes like to dig into old fanfiction to see all the old headcanons I or other people used to have.

Also, I'm not sure if it ever came up in the show (actually, Dragonshy comes to mind) but I think it's safe to assume Twilight didn't write to Celestia only to share the latest friendship lessons.
Probably too late now, but I'd love to see Twilight have a more casual correspondence with Celestia in the show. Or at least asking for guidance. Usually it's the M6 fixing the problem and a letter afterwards, or Celestia summoning them to the castle, like in S2 and S3 openers.
>>
>>30882270
Quick smoking crack, OP
>>
>>30883475
Either you're a newfag or the shitposter. I'm guessing it's you because /mlp/ chooses to say "shitposting" over "trolling" .
>>
>>30882270
That's a very autistic idea and it's highly unlikely to happen: everyone, the team and the audience, would want to go forward rather than reminisce on times past.
That said, it's fertile ground for fanfiction/comics/etc.
>>
>>30883577
Who is shitposting then? I don't see any one doing that.
>>
>>30885997
Here's a hint:
>>30882405
>>30882455
>>30882739
>>30883139
>>30883420
Holy shit, why did this board become so utterly crap? I can't believe this is the same place that used to stand up to Twilicorn
>>
>>30886094
Having a different opinion than you is not shitposting you insufferable autist.
>>
>>30886094
>someone likes the later seasons better than season 1
>THIS CANT BE REAL HE IS A HASDRONE SHITPOSTER!
This is the real reason this board has become crap.
>>
Stop pretending, shitposter. You're so obvious that everyone who's been here at least a month can already tell it's you again.
http://arch.b4k.co/mlp/search/text/unpopular%20opinion%20thread/type/op/
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.