[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writer Competence Assassment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1365787869778.png (706KB, 1600x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1365787869778.png
706KB, 1600x1051px
It's time for us to list all the mistakes of the writers so we can gauge how bad they really are.

I'll start with the 3 easiest once to give you faggots some challenge.

-Twilicorn
-EqG
-Hippie Changelings
>>
>>30878868
>Twilicorn
I don't mind this. The episode was bad and it felt undeserving, but the way they handled it past then was, at least in my opinion, passable. I prefer post mmc Twilight (sue me).

>EqG
It doesn't affect cartoon horse program so it has 0 bearing on me.

>Hippie Changelings
Fuck this, I don't like it. Take the changelings back to how they were. They used to be interesting and fun enemies, now they're just /so/ fucking shit.
>>
>>30878876
>The episode was bad
No it wasn't. 'Twas an awesome musical episode.
>>
>>30878876
The changeling logic though, they used to feed on love and now embrace it. So, if we make all Africans cooks, we will solve our problem too?
>>
>>30878876
That first bit is pretty much every major change.
The existence of Cadance and Shining revealed. Bad. Later episodes, decent.
Glimmer's stupid backstory. Bad. Glimmer later, decent.
Flurry Heart alicorn foal. Bad. Later Flurry Heart... not good.
>>
>>30878898
>That first bit is pretty much every major change.
Not all of them, I still standby some of the things I've disliked through every appearence.
>The existence of Cadance and Shining revealed. Bad. Later episodes, decent.
I was fine with Shining Armor. Cadance, on the other hand, is just so contrived and stupid. Why was a previous alicorn never mentioned? I can understand and even somewhat enjoy Twi's wings, but shoving in a never before mentioned alicorn who also for some reason ages like a normal pony and is fucking some unicorn? That still makes me butthurt.
>Glimmer's stupid backstory. Bad. Glimmer later, decent.
Eh, I'm fine with her backstory. I like Glim Glam.
>Flurry Heart alicorn foal. Bad. Later Flurry Heart... not good.
She's still awful. Just absolutely awful.
>>
>>30878887
the episode was bad it just happened to have good songs in it. Was horrendously paced and the reasons for wings was dumb as hell. The spell makes no fucking sense, and apparently completing it is a big deal despite it never featuring again. we go from 'problem emerges' song to an ultra sad song where Twilight just immediately 'gives up' to literally the very next scene everything is getting fixed and it's all breezy. All this within the time-span of about 5 minutes.

All that said I thought season 4 was great and Twilicorn ended up not being such a big deal, but the way it was handled initially was garbage.
>>
>>30878935
This tbqh
They should have let Larson keep his original script. That episode could have actually been good and have good songs. It could have had mysticy and fantasy elements that made actual sense. But nooooooooooooo
>>
>>30878935
>Was horrendously paced
>we go from 'problem emerges' song to an ultra sad song where Twilight just immediately 'gives up' to literally the very next scene everything is getting fixed and it's all breezy
It's supposed to play out like a musical you dumb shit, not a short story
>>
>>30878955
Musicals are basically fucking plays with songs attached to them doofus. How am I meant to take it seriously watching Twilight giving up immediately and then also immediately resolving the issue? Twilight gives up on all of her friends after cycling through like 2 options with Spike, and then proceeds to sing the saddest and most downbeat song in the shows history. If you have to destroy characterization and pacing just to chain songs together because you're stuck for time, it does not indicate a well paced episode. I can tell you don't watch musicals either because this is not how they operate.
>>
>>30878971
>t. never watched a musical
>>
File: 1491120063146.jpg (127KB, 881x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491120063146.jpg
127KB, 881x1080px
>>30878987
You're the kind of guy who always talks and never listens
>>
>>30878979
>watching musicals
t. Actual homosexual
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.