[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A fucking brony Youtuber might be getting a job at IDW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: 1503374480892.png (109KB, 235x270px) Image search: [Google]
1503374480892.png
109KB, 235x270px
Skip to 8:34 for where the mention it
>mfw future IDW comics might be written by this bitch
I know they were shit before but this is taking it to a whole new level
>>
>>30873264
shit forgot the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n99aItbFco
>>
>>30873264
Ian Flynn did a shitty fan comic before Archie hired him and he turned out to be amazing. Reserve judgement
>>
>>30873293
>Ian Flynn
literally who?
>>
File: 359356895.gif (355KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
359356895.gif
355KB, 245x170px
>>30873264
>someone who actually likes and gives a fuck about the show might write for IDW
oh no. no. please. stop. dont.
>>
>>30873264
>future IDW comics
You shouldn't be reading turds shat out by literal backstabbers.
>>
Hopefully her writing is better than her art, unless this isnt her.
>>
>>30873309
Those don't last at IDW. Just ask Jenn Blake. They used her getting brain cancer as an excuse to fire her for a BS reason because they hated her for being too much like a fan.
>>
>It's a woman
Thank god. If a neckbeard brony would work with MLP, they would 100% insert their OC with their waifu.
>>
File: 918259.jpg (202KB, 1024x823px) Image search: [Google]
918259.jpg
202KB, 1024x823px
>>30875699
>He doesn't know

Stuff like this was part of the reason one of the artists was fired, Anon. Shame, because she was awesome and basically one of us.
>>
>>30875718
>He doesn't know
I don't either.
>>
>>30875890
Jenn Blake was an IDW artist who drew a few covers and a FF issue. She is a massive lesbian IRL who waifus Rarity quite openly. She put her OC into a comic despite a rule against it because she didn't know the rule (one not enforced on other circlejerkers in the IDW team) and was canned for this. The real reason was that she was openly waifuing Rarity, and no one liked her other than Jeremy Whitley. She was let go and couldn't fight it because she was getting a diagnosis of brain cancer.

It is the ultimate shittiest thing that IDW has ever done: fire someone for breaking a rule that you enforce on no one else, knowing that they can't fight back, because you dislike their commitment to quality.

And then they brought on Jay Fosgitt instead.
>>
>>30875978
>It is the ultimate shittiest thing that IDW has ever done.
Wait a minute, that's not when they knowingly made everyone believe they wouldn't put Princess Twilight in the comics back after it was announced with loose wording, then broke that promise and slandered anyone critical of their handling of it as a cyberbully sending death threats.
>>
Everyone on this board is a brony.
If that triggers you then double your autism points.
>>
>>30876023
Pretty sure taking advantage of someone getting sick and firing the only person to actually give a shit is the worst thing.

But what you said is pretty bad now especially given how Fosgitt and Whitley are openly violent to people who dare dislike their work.
>>
So yeah, more bronies at IDW is actually good. It pisses off the hacks like Whitley and Cook, and keeps them on their toes. As if the under 10k sales a month didn't do that already.
>>
>>30875978
>fire someone for breaking a rule that you enforce on no one else
Sounds familiar
>>
I just want to know if Pencils got a job offer.
>>
>>30876297
He did.
>>
File: mlp_friendsforever_vol4_083.jpg (831KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
mlp_friendsforever_vol4_083.jpg
831KB, 1988x3056px
Who even gives a shit? I stopped reading them after that everfree forest Deer arc, which was overly generous on my end. I had already endured Reflections, Shitty modern tech in that Trixie mystery comic, and that awful western comic. Wasn't there even an issue that depicted a colony of creatures living on the moon as a literal interpretation of Nightmare Moon's time there? The writing could legitimately not get any worse than it already is. The best way I can describe is amateur fanfiction written by people who aren't even fans.

>>30875718
I saw an issue that happened to be drawn by her a while back and it was so fucking trash I didn't even make it past 10 pages. It had a direct ripoff of Velma as the main character with a hundred shitty pop culture references on every page along with her shitty OC as a main element of the foreground.
>>
>>30876503
Yeah, I always describe(d) it to people as "fanfiction by people who hate and don't watch the show." The head writer now especially just wants to promote his own work and openly mocks the show and other writers on the comic.

Hasbro actually cracked down super hard after issue 50, to the point that following the end of that arc there has not been a single comic that hasn't been directly based off of S7 in some manner. There's a much tighter leash now.

>>30876503
It's mostly the inconsistency of firing her and that she was replaced by Fosgitt.
>>
>>30873808
How did they backstab anyone?
>>
>>30876375

Actual proof of that?
>>
>>30876297

We don't know anything. Maybe he got cucked and will only make covers
>>
>>30878031
>>30878040
He said that he would know by August, I think?
>>
>>30876536
Its funny, because the first 8 issues or so seemed like they were actually trying to at least put SOME effort into it.

>>30876536
>Hasbro actually cracked down super hard after issue 50, to the point that following the end of that arc there has not been a single comic that hasn't been directly based off of S7 in some manner. There's a much tighter leash now.

Its kind of funny comparing the disconnect between the show and the comic on things;
For example, in the show, its openly aknowledged that while dragons CAN be good, their society as a whole is pretty shitty and in need of change (Hence why it was a good thing of ember becoming leader and spike having a friendship with her to keep her on the right track); Things like Flash magnus's story shows them pretty openly being bastards to others after all.

On the other hand, the Comics seem to gleefully paint them as a misunderstood minority that everyone is just racist against.
>>
>>30878085
Yeah, and there's also another comic issue where Ember declares war on yaks for stupid shit. And that goes with how the show portrays it, doesn't mean it isn't shit though.
>>
File: Dragons aren't violent.jpg (3MB, 2792x3664px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons aren't violent.jpg
3MB, 2792x3664px
>>30878085

>misunderstood minority that everyone is just racist against.
>misunderstood

Come on

>ponies complain of how jerk and violent are the dragon attacking the yaks
>"Wow,ponies are racist"
>>
>>30878167
hey, its how the comics act; spike there is bitching because the ponies are talking shit about dragons like they should be ultra PC when talking about the dragons blowing shit up and trying to kill people.
>>
>>30878167
>>30878191
Spike would later go on to tell the ponies to stop treating dragons as stereotypes, dragons to stop acting like stereotypes, and yaks to just fuck off in general. All in all, a dumb issue.
>>
>>30878191
I mean, shit; that treaty is over 1000 years old and looks like shit with age, and yet the YAKS are somehow at fault for FORGETTING about never saying to someone "You're a yak".
the comic literally equates forgetting a thousand year old honorific which hurts NO ONE as being equally as bad as trying to burn shit down and kill people.

And if you try and tell the dragons, as a whole, that's fucked up instead of "understanding" why they're acting the way they are, you're racist.
>>
>>30878205
God, comic writers are fucking retarded. I wonder when the main series hits under 10k?
>>
>>30878167

Why they're attacking the yaks?

They insult the dragon lord ember, destroy some important ancient gem because they don't like it or some stupid shit like that?
>>
>>30878211
The ancient dragon lord was supposed to be the only honorary yak ever, and doing so ended a war between the two. Yaks forgot and named Pinkie one so obviously now dragons firebomb yak villages.

Its stupid. IDW has hackfraud writers that just do stupid shit in an attempt to create discussion to push sales. It doesn't work.
>>
>>30878211
they made pinkie an honorary yak; apparently 1000 years ago a yak leader made the dragon lord an honorary yak to get the dragons to fuck off and stop burning their shit and told him they'd never do it again (make someone else a yak too)

The yaks didn't even REMEMBER that shit because they drew such shitty records in the past, and offended the dragons when they made pinkie one. So the dragons decided to just fuck everyone's shit up without telling them why.
>>
>>30878211

this >>30878205

They make pinkie honorary yak. Only a dragon can be an honorary yak and the dragon goes apeshit because that.

They're literally controlling assholes that are trying to lord themselves over another race with what apparently is war if they don’t comply with the dragon’s wishes. A bit of tyrants if you ask me
>>
>>30878237
Fuck. Off. Relicariox.
>>
>>30878233
Shame that all they had to draw the records was yak Jay Fosgitt.
>>
>>30878205
>>30878228
>>30878233
>>30878237

This is worst than the fucking deers elves issue. Just fire the writers already
>>
>>30878243
BUT HIS RATES ARE SO CHEAP!
>>
>>30878249
Somehow they actually make more money when he draws it. If it sells 8000-10000 issues, which makes you more money? The one that cost $5000 to make, or the one that cost $2500?

>>30878248
Confalone is gonna write a few issues.
>>
>>30878259

>Confalone is gonna write a few issues.

Inb4 they assign fosgitt for those issues
>>
>>30878009
>>30876023
Complete backstabbing and treachery.
>>
>>30876536
A much tighter leash and they still managed to come out with something as dumb as the wonderbolts don't fight dragons.
>>
>>30878259
The one who pays you to let him write a comic book, you faggot.
>>
File: tumblr_opf027Y7MN1usjesqo1_500.png (113KB, 476x271px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opf027Y7MN1usjesqo1_500.png
113KB, 476x271px
>>30875689

[citation needed]
>>
>>30878599
To be fair most people would rather pretend secret of my excess never happened but it's not because of the bolts.
>>
>>30878292
Fisgitt is going to be animating for the show now.
>>
>>30878814
>clipart cutie marks in the show
>>
>>30878983
>They even clip behind the ponies.
>>
>>30878983
Honestly I kind of like fosgits art style (would look dumb in the show though) but I can't forgive the lazy shit he does like that.
>>
>>30878808
That whole part with them in the Yak arc was filler anyway.
>>
>>30879006
What about stealing fan designs because he thinks they are legit despite no artist he is working with using them?
>>
>>30879756
That's dumb too.
>>
>>30873264
What's worse, a Youtube celeb working for DHX, or someone from /mlp/ working for Hasbro??
>>
>>30873264
The person the vid refers to is Keyframe.

She's an artist and not a writer as far as I'm aware, and if her reviews are anything to demonstrate her writing ability, well they're trash. Back to her art, if they'll hire Fosgit, well I sincerely doubt IDW's threshold level of quality beyond mediocre, so no surprise there.
>>
>>30881397
See an example of her art here: >>30875501
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.