[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Mare Hero - Issue #12 (CYOA)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: #12 cover.png (2MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
#12 cover.png
2MB, 2480x3507px
>What's this: a Choose Your Own Adventure story about a giant mare and her friends, defending the megapolis from hordes of sea monsters!

>Previous thread: >>30761585
>Catch up in the archive: www.anonpone.com/bmh

>Life ain't easy for the millions of little ponies in the continent of Granda. Huddled up in massive cities called MegaStables, they fend off weekly assaults of giant creatures with help from their best weapon: Big Mares.
>Every year, new Big Mares learn to protect themselves and the land that birthed them. This year, young #21 was born out of a vat, her mind full of questions.
>Feather Storm faces a new challenge: two weeks worth of training with experienced big mares. To protect her friends and compatriots, she must now embark on this new journey...
>>
File: bmh199.png (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bmh199.png
50KB, 400x400px
>As the alarm blasts a princessawful tune in your ear, your brain comes to the slow conclusion that you're dying a prolongued death. It's your fifth day in MegaStable 7, and your body still hasn't gotted used to getting up at 8 AM.
"For the love of everything that's big..." you mutter while smashing the alarm button on the computer's panel in the wall. "I bet the sun's not even out yet" with the graceful moves of a stuffed turkey, you go to the nearest bathroom and clear your murky consciousness with cold water.
>"Hey, Feather!" The voice of Halberd Rock surprises you from behind, a hoof tapping your back. "Ready for another day of training?"
"As ready as I'll ever be" you produce a smile with effort but care. Halberd has been none but sympathizing these days.
>"I have a feeling today, Feather" the mare explains, following you to your room. "I think a monster attack is going to happen. Don't ask me why, but it's been a few days and the chances have been rising up, I can feel it in my dock" she lays on the floor, butt raised.
"Really, now?" You climb your bed and check on your mail. Nothing on the board. "How often do monsters attack here?"
>"Almost twice a week, and last time was when you arrived, so..." Halberd looks at her hooves. "Boy, look at me. I'm shaking! This can't be good, I'm going to relax in my room. "Stay alert, okay? Tell Artoria to be prepared!" She trots a couple steps and enters her room, right in front of yours.
"Right" you raise an eyebrow. Halberd is a peculiar mare, but you can't deny her attitude is contagious. Now, you have some time before training, so what should you do to get your day on?
>>
Penis
>>
>>30868160
Let go have breakfast before training.
Also tell Artoria to be prepared, Halberd believe we are going to get attack today.
>>
>>30868372
>There isn't much you'd like to do, other than grabbing breakfast and getting to the training room. The dining room is full of scientists, operators and various personnel; everyone follows a strict schedule.
>As you have breakfast, Artoria enters the room, seemingly looking for you.
>"Good morning, Feather. I see you're getting ready, that's good. Are you starting to get used to the time?"
"I don't think so, Artoria" you reply in between bites. "But I'll manage for as long as I'm under your tutoring. By the way, Halberd said to be alert today. She feels a monster attack could happen."
>"Ah, Halberd seems to have an uncanny sense to predict those things" the mare squints. "I suggest we make our session shorter today, then. It really has been a few days without attacks."
>As promised, your training session is slightly shorter, and after several days in a row of excruciating fighting practice, you feel your body is starting to catch up. The application of all you know about punching and using your wings in your duels against the swordsmare starts evolving into something pretty refined.
>"Excellent!" The blue mare seems very pleased with you today. "I see a hint of change in you. How do you feel?"

(1/2)
>>
File: bmh200.png (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bmh200.png
54KB, 400x400px
>>30868472
"Pretty excited about myself, not going to lie" you look at your hooves, feeling the stress and the results of severe training. "How far do you think I can go?"
>"Halberd and I believe you have plenty of battle potential" Artoria smiles. "I can see why central assigned you to us."
>Suddenly, a high pitched alarm goes off in the training room. Looking at your sparring partner, you exit and go back to your room, to pick up your earbuds.
"Firegazer? Are you there?"
>"Feather, there's a monster attack happening!" Your operator comes through. "Halberd was already out there, so she's dealing with it. I'll give you instructions to reach the site...!"
>Navigating the unfamiliar city, you arrive at the beach, where a large number of ponies must have evacuated, judging by all the stuff they left behind. Halberd and Artoria are facing a large monster with a sting in its tail.
>"Stand back! The sting is dangerous, it managed to pierce my rocks!" Halberd yells at you, and you can see there's a nasty wound bleeding her shoulder out.
>>
>>30868160
Did we just get a timeskip?
>>
>>30868478
I wonder if we can catch the tail so Artoria can chop it off before he has a chance to reclaim it.
>>
>>30868733
>You watch as the monster advances and swings its tail, attempting to intimidate you. Artoria grips her sword and tries to get a read. However, you can see the motions. Maybe if you just...
"I got it!" Spreading your wings in their full glory, you fly up to the skies. "Artoria, follow my lead!" Taking a reckless dive, you manage to pass the tail, almost grabbing it. "Alright, another try!"
>"I get what she's trying to do. Halberd, leave this to us" the blue mare prepares herself to jump.
"Now!" On your second pass, you manage to grab the limb. The bloated sting tries to hit you, but you're too close for it to have any effect.
>"Gyaaargh!" Artoria leaps in the air effortlessly, flying miles before falling down, sword at the ready. You fly outwards, stretching it out, so that she can cleanly slice it.
>"Woohoo!" Halberd claps. "Alright, now it's on!"
>The monster shrieks and shakes wildly, and you leap back on the beach before one of its legs swipes at you. With your two friends now by your side, you prepare yourself in an attack stance.
"Ready? The battle begins now!"

(1/2)
>>
>>30868763
>"Wew! That was a good one, wasn't it!?" Halberd exclaims, her legs flailing almost as if not noticing any pain. "You've really improved, Feather!"
"Y-You think?" You smile through the exhaustion.
>"Sincerely" Artoria lays her helmet and sword down by the sand and walks up to you. "And you will keep improving, with and without us."
>"This is so exciting, I can't wait to see what happens next!" Halberd goes for a quick hug.
"Me neither!" You take a look at the ocean. "The more monsters I meet, the more friends I make, it makes me feel more realized."
>The three of you stare at the ocean, and you think back to these months you've been alive. In just this short time, you've become an adult, but there's a long life ahead of you, full of danger and excitement, new friends to make and experiences to share. And by everything that's big and cute, you will live your life to the fullest, that is the one thing you'll always be sure of.

==BIG MARE HERO: THE END==
>>
Today marks the end of Big Mare Hero. Thank you to everyone who's ever participated, contributed or simply read or lurked from the sidelines. As long as someone had fun, I feel the CYOA served it's purpose.
I don't feel like running CYOAs, at least not for a long time. I've been debating for how long I could keep running, to give the quest some decent closure, but I found out I can't keep going at all. It just doesn't do anything for me, and I'm starting to hate running. Before that happens, I'd rather bring the CYOA to an official end.
Maybe in the future, months or years from now, if CYOA is still a thing, I might bring this back up and continue, or just straight up start a new quest. Either way, I hope you guys keep finding things to do and enjoy, I know I will. Sorry for the abruptness of the whole thing, the fact that I didn't finish all the collectibles and such. You're in your right to be angry at me, it is how it is.
All in all, I think it was a good run. I might read the general every now and then, and maybe do something in the future, but I think CYOA as a whole needs to wind down and regrow, and who knows what will happen. Until then, you have my regards. Have fun out there.
>>
Aww it was an amazing run. I came here during the start of Issue 7 and I couldn't stop reading it was just an unbelievable amazing story. It's a shame to see it end but it was fun while it lasted.
>>
Sad to see this go, but it is your life, Fins. Are you going to do a Q&A out of curiosity?
>>
>>30869032
I'll answer any questions I can while this thread lasts.

>>30868873
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
>>
>>30868777
What? That's it? What about that mysterious organization that tried to kill us? What about meeting the other big mares? What about Titania's plan? What about big stallion dick potion!?!
>>
>>30869137
did Brago ever get to do the monster mombo, if you know what i mean?
>>
>>30869149
There were plans for all of those. I wanted to carry out as many of the story arcs I had planned as possible, but I'm just not able to. However, in the future I wouldn't mind asking people whether or not they'd like to continue, maybe a Season 2 of sorts.

>>30869184
For the reasons explained above, you can imagine whatever you wish for what happened after this ending; it might or might not become true someday.
>>
>>30869200
What happened to Jerry the jelly fish?
>>
>>30869386
He returned to his world, to live the simple life of a jellyfish. Probably got eaten, who knows.
>>
>>30869422
n-no! jeeeerry!
>>
Gg Jerry, it was fun.
>>
a requiem for Jerry.
>>
>>30869422
where are you going fins?
>>
Well Fin I got to say I am a huge fan of your work. Honestly I couldn't stop reading it once I started :P
This story is what I read when I was sick, feeling down, or just looking for something to do, and this was it.
Just wanted to say I am a huge fan of your story and if you wish I would gladly love to continue the story for you following everything that you have set up with every character not changing it.
>>
>>30869702
dew et dewd
If you were to take over the quest, would you start from the same character? A different Big Mare? A nornal sized pony in the same universe?
>>
>>30869755
I would love to keep it the same the way it is. This means not changing it but adding new adventures and quests, but same characters, same big mare "Feather", and who knows maybe new Big Mares but all in same. Same universe, but new adventures and quest to answer the unknown.
>>
>>30869782
Bump
>>
File: 1504145162402.jpg (143KB, 756x1326px) Image search: [Google]
1504145162402.jpg
143KB, 756x1326px
Nice its back u-
>the end
Fuck
>>
File: Shoot me $12.png (99KB, 856x756px) Image search: [Google]
Shoot me $12.png
99KB, 856x756px
>>30870844
>>
File: 1501421111673.png (143KB, 583x618px) Image search: [Google]
1501421111673.png
143KB, 583x618px
>>30869137
Can i ask for a closing card maybe? Or a group hug?
>>
>>30869782
I'd prefer a spin off rather than trying to continue running this.
>>
>>30872002
To be fair, this doesn't exactly feel finished. If the guy continues on, I don't think it would hurt a thing.
>>
>>30869589
I'll just take a break from running altogether, might come back or not, time will tell. I'll still check the CYOA thread and maybe participate in any new CYOAs that I find interesting. Either way, I'll be around on and off.

>>30869702
I can't tell people what to do, but I'm very territorial when it comes to my own stories and I wouldn't feel good allowing people to continue it. Yes, I know the story is unfinished, but I'd like to reserve myself the right to continue it, maybe if I were to come back in a few months offering a continuation. However, the canon is there, I can't say anything if you'd like to run a spin-off or something.
>>
>>30870906
Sorry, I just don't feel like drawing or doing anything pony at all, other than watching from afar. It's been an exhausting week with uni stuff and now I just want to rest. I've already lost a great deal of interest in drawing or writing pony, I feel if that's to come back it will be after a long rest
>>
File: 1446863356779.jpg (90KB, 549x280px) Image search: [Google]
1446863356779.jpg
90KB, 549x280px
>>30870844
>>
I cri
>>
File: 1504130532643.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1504130532643.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>30873554
Evrytiem
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.