[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What character have you enjoyed the most in season 7 thus far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: 1505782957257200.png (546KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1505782957257200.png
546KB, 1280x720px
For me it would have to be Starlight, in my opinion she has a very interesting character and the gags with her are amusing, the other characters have been pretty interesting too. Which one have you enjoyed the most?
>>
>>30868031
AHAHAHAHA
SALT
>>
>>30868038
Hmm? Was i being salty? I can't see it, can you point out where i was salty?
>>
File: 1413398small.png (3MB, 2500x2178px) Image search: [Google]
1413398small.png
3MB, 2500x2178px
>>
>>30868031
>the other characters have been pretty interesting too
this is not true. all I care about trixie, starlight, derpy & discord

I wish my OC could be in the show. He's way better than those boring main characters!
>>
File: 1520376.gif (3MB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
1520376.gif
3MB, 400x338px
>>30868031
Scootaloo. Her moments with Dash, and with Dash's family, were absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>30868082
Do you have a favorite moment? Or a moment where you realized that Scootaloo was the one that you found most interesting?
>>
File: 1494428789241.gif (470KB, 350x175px) Image search: [Google]
1494428789241.gif
470KB, 350x175px
>>30868031
Discord
He lives the dream that i want to live. Being friends with mane6 and getting intimate with best pony.
>>
>>30868031
I'd have to say Big Mac. Between Hard to Say Anything and The Perfect Pair, he's gotten some great moments. His brief exchange with Burnt Oak, asking to come by again to hear more stories, was one of the most emotionally charged moments I've felt in the show in a long time.
>>
>>30868101
I see, so are you envious? Or just more interested in how it plays out?
>>
>>30868109
I see, So you find his character to be the most emotionally satisfying in awhile. Thank you for the response.
>>
>>30868110
both
>>
All characters were absolute shit like they are since season 2. Everything after season 1 is fucking shit and the characters are shittier versions of themselves.
>>
>>30868135
I see, thank you for your response.
>>
File: 1444816.gif (3MB, 715x415px) Image search: [Google]
1444816.gif
3MB, 715x415px
>>30868090
Parental Glideance, the moment when she was the one who taught Dash something instead of the other way around, I think it was her best moment as character. But I also love the scootalove moments, like the one I posted or this one.
>>
>>30868168
There is a strong bond between the two, wouldn't you say? Thank you for the response.
>>
>>30868199
They're pretty much sisters in every sense but blood.
>>
>>30868168
This. I have to agree to this. Scootaloo deserved this moment so much.
>>
>>30868251
As far as we know. :)
>>
Probably Maud. It's good she got an episode that focused on her personality a little more, showing her loneliness and awareness of how excluded she is from the other ponies. It gave her the depth she deserved. Plus she was hilarious. It made up for how annoying Pinkie was in that episode, although Pinkie has been fine everywhere else in the season. Ponk used to be my favourite until the writers made her random all the time, but when she's written right, I love her just as much as Maud.
>>
>>30868168
Yes, this was nice.
>>
>>30868055
This, I never even liked Trixie until she became a recurring character. I have no idea why but I love her whole shtick.
>when she slowly disappeared behind Starlight when Thorax was yelling at her
>>
>>30868031
>Starlight
You're not even trying
>>
>>30868031
They've all been kinda meh. The only characters I actually liked where the Apple parents because they were one of the few protagonists who didn't cause their own conflict by being retarded. I also I disagree with Starlight, I know actually trying to convince her defenders of this is like slamming your head into a wall, but she never actually develops in a interesting way. She either feels sorry about what she did even though hardly anyone actually gives a shit or she just does shit that Twilight would've done if Starlight didn't exist(the map should've sent AJ in A Royal Problem since her whole shtick is honesty and she doesn't really seem to hold royalty into that high regard. Also the part about Twilight being too biased to confront Celestia is bullshit since she initially called Celestia's plan to reform Discord retarded right to her face). The writers trick you into liking her by pairing her up with other characters that people already like. You faggots fall for it every time.
>>
File: time to shoot myself.jpg (49KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
time to shoot myself.jpg
49KB, 600x411px
>>30868031
>Starlight
are shitposters incapable of even pretending like they're putting some effort into their posts?
>>
File: Thorax_grinning_widely_S7E15.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Thorax_grinning_widely_S7E15.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>30868031

Thorax. Didn't care for him much before -- especially his new design -- but now his ultra-gayness makes me smile.
>>
>>30868343
Same. I never got the appeal when her only episode was Boast Busters. Magic Duel was a good episode, but I still wasn't a big fan of her character. I'm not a Starlight fan, but I do like how they've developed Trixie alongside her, though.
>>
>>30868031
CMC have been on point this season. Every one of their episodes were at worse good and at best, the best in the series.

Glimmer + Friends have also been quite good, having multiple good episodes, but a "guilty pleasure" dud with all bottled up that is still enjoyable, but objectively weak.

Spike degraded considerably from the last season and the mane 6 continue to disappoint overall. I can't think of a single episode this season where one of the mane 6 really gets to shine.
>>
>>30868534
It's nice having a male character actually talk a lot and do things. And he's cute.
>>
File: 1504057516617.gif (642KB, 539x402px) Image search: [Google]
1504057516617.gif
642KB, 539x402px
>>30868534
Him too
I was sure they were gonna completely forget about him after last season, but it's nice seeing them focus on his trials and tribulations as a leader
That and he's adorable
>>
>>30868031
it seems that everyone who's had an episode this season except for the mane 6, Spike and Starlight the latter not being a surprise have gotten a lot of attention this season even the newly introduced ponies got given a lot of character, whilst this hasn't been a strong season for the mane 6 we are getting a lot of time with other characters which we have wanted for a while so can't complain with where the character development is being put really
but I do have a complaint with where the character development could be put, the show does seem to be pointing attention towards Starlight, which I wouldn't mind if she was actually the best pony for the episode or if she got any development, take Royal Problem and To Change A Changeling, both could be handled with Twilight and Spike respectively and they could have gotten some real development
>b-but muh Twilight's bias
that's why she would have been better than Starlight, sooner or later Twilight needs to stop seeing Celestia as a pure and perfect pony and this was the perfect episode to do so by having her see Celestia belittle Luna's duties, that doesn't mean she should stop looking up to her, but rather have her start to look up to her as a normal pony, to start learning from Celestia's mistakes rather than what Celestia says and does
As for Starlight's development, no she hasn't gotten any, I went back to the start of S6 and watched a few episodes for reference and there has been zero change
But overall it's been a good season for side characters, but not so much for the mane 7 and Starlight
>>
Either Spike or Ponk.
>>
Starlight is a good horse
>>
>>30868031
Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo are killing it so far this season. They bring out the best in each other.
>>
>>30868939
Honestly, I think that the CMC as a whole have been killing it this season. The writers are really starting to recognize that the CMC are growing up and are using that to their advantage. Even hard to say anything had moments where it seemed like the CMC were having a hard time coming to terms with their childish side. The only thing missing is an episode between apple bloom and applejack.
>>
>>30868055
This, surprisingly.
>>
>>30868544
Holy shit are you me?
>>
>>30869065
>episode between applebloom and applejack

No..we don't need a repeat of "muh seesturr's grawin' aup 'n ah cayyent taek it!" kind of deals like with Somepony To Watch Over Me
>>
How has Spike been this season, in your opinion?
>>
>>30869240
Short answer : Mixed Bag.

Long answer :

Depends on episode. In the Season Premiere he was brilliant, the snarky realistic bro to call out Twinklespinkle on her absolute bullshit.

Triple Threat : Absolute dogshit, the episode itself felt kinda awkward, like if Thorax and Ember's VA's were phoning it in the entire time in a bootleg sort-of manner WHILE also making sure that Spike and Twiggles switched roles from the Season Premiere episode.And by switched roles i mean it literally.
>>
>>30869261

Should he not get any more episodes?
>>
>>30869268
Once again, depends on who writes it and with what agenda behind it.
>>
>>30869230
No. We need an episode that finally embraces the anti-tradition part of apple blooms character. Maybe one that involves apple bloom using alchemy to improve farming, but the others are against it because it goes against tradition. The other two CMC focus episodes involved them teaching their older sisters something, and this one should have AB teaching AJ to embrace new technology.
>>
>>30869312

Spike CAN have good episodes. We've seen this with Gauntlet of Fire and Times They Are a Changeling.
>>
>>30868031
Probably Rarity or Applejack.
>>
>>30868309
>when she's written well
Could you give some examples of episodes she's been well written in and why?
>>
>>30868168
>>30868199
Sorry I really can't agree with this. It feels too much like the writers are trying to force the pity card on Scootaloo rather than playing to her strengths:

- first we're suppose to feel sorry for Scootaloo because she idols Dash and Dash doesn't notice her
- then we're suppose to feel sorry for Scootaloo because she secretly wanted a sister all this time and it has to be Dash
- next we're suppose to feel sorry for Scootaloo because "hinting" at being a cripple for taking longer even as Sweetie is still poor at magic and Applebloom hasn't got squat
- after that we're suppose to feel sorry for Scootaloo because apparently she wanted a family all along or her parents don't treat her well or something
- and we're suppose to feel sorry for her because she's sudden easily scared walking though a jungle in the day when she did so at night in the Everfree to get a chicken

The sad backstory has to be pulled off very carefully, and even then certain characters will be better and more believable at pulling it off. Applejack works, Spike works, even Celestia and Luna could work. With Scootaloo it like all this comes from no where. She wants sister OR she can't fly well, fine. Everything else is too much. And honestly at this point it's more like she's regressing as character rather than going forward.
>>
>>30869385
They really push it with Scootaloo more than anyone else.
>>
>>30869385
This is just an example of good writing.The thing that makes it good is that Scootaloo doesn't let those problems burden her, she is always a peppy tomboy despite those short comings and worked to overcome some of those problems (the one's that could be overcomed).

What makes it work so well is also the fact that a lot of those issues tie into each other, scoots wanting dash as a sister makes sense because she doesn't have a great family to support her and this may or may not be because of her ability to fly.
>>
>>30868055
This and i didn't expect it
>>
>>30869436
>Scootaloo doesn't let those problems burden her
But that's the thing, she has let those problems get to her. She nearly dropped Dash because Dash wasn't perfect in what Scootaloo saw as a perfect family. Dash had to fix it.

Scootaloo was in a fear coma the entire last episode and it took Dash going Somepony Watching Over Me AJ levels to get Scoots through it. If Rarity could get wreaked during a outdoor camping trip and not be dramatic about it, Scoots can make a little progress on her fears.

And that's not to mention that Scootaloo still hasn't address her flying ever since Diamond Tiara.called her out on it. Not even practicing in the background.

I'm wouldn't ask to see Scootaloo fly or run to a cave but some advancement would be nice.
>>
>>30869586
>She nearly dropped Dash because Dash wasn't perfect in what Scootaloo saw as a perfect family. Dash had to fix it.

I see that as the opposite. Scoots being able to look past her idealized version of Dash and realizing Dash was actually being really shitty (from scoots perspective, as her family has been nothing but nice to Dash) as she was willing to hurt her family for what scoots saw as a petty reason. Scoots in the earlier seasons would not have done that, she would have stuck with Dash regardless (see mare do well).

>Some pony to watch over me levels

Not even close, we don't see Dash treating Scoots like she is a literal baby in that episode. Considering that the entire point of sleepless in ponyville was that scootaloo was terrified the entire time and by the end she wasn't over any of those fears (except for the one she had about dash), it is actually good development that she was able to express her fear. This also ignores the fact that most of her fears were pretty reasonable if you think about it; being trapped in a cave or stopping her friend from eating poison are both legitimate problems, and scoots being afraid of the river makes sense as she nearly died at the end of sleepless from a river.

>And that's not to mention that Scootaloo still hasn't address her flying ever since Diamond Tiara.called her out on it. Not even practicing in the background.

She doesn't have to, the point of flight to the finish wasn't about scoots being able to fly, but about her accepting herself regardless. We still get subtle hints that she wants to fly, but she doesn't beat herself up over the fact that she can't.
>>
>>30869317
We're talking Season 7 dude, those don't count for this discussion.
>>
Discord. Cause he is literally omnipotent.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>30869385
>Sweetie is still poor at magic
Sweetie Belle is better at magic than Rarity
>>
>>30868031
Probably Twi and Rainbow Dash overall. However, Spike and Thorax have been the more interesting characters over these last two seasons.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.