[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who call Starlight "Poochie" are hypocrites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: just.painful.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
just.painful.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Given how dash is LITERALLY trying to unironically BE poochie.

Look at that shit she's dressed in; and she tries to RAP on top of that. dash is literally a stereotype of a character trying too hard to be "hip" and "cool" to kids, and yet no one is shitting on her for ruining the show.
>>
>>30863947
shes so cute, I love it when girls dress like boys
>>
>>30863947
I'll take the bate.

A "poochie" is a meaningless character. Tacked onto a show after so many seasons because the writers gave up trying to come up with good ideas.

tldr
Starlight is filler. A walking excuse to pump out meaningless episodes.
>>
>>30864266
she has meaning. look at that last episode.

on the other hand, dash is a literal piece of cancer hanging on and strangling the life out of the body she inhabits with her attempts to be "cool" and "hip" to kids.
Dash hasn't had a positive addition to the show in SEASONS, to say nothing of her EQG self.
>>
>>30863947
>a character from a spinoff is ruining a completely separated show where she has never been
And this, kids, is an imbecile.
>>
>>30864344
nice try glimmerfag
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1600x1745px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1600x1745px
>>30863947
Every time they do a faux 90s thing it's a pisstake and you're blind if you can't see that. It's 10-20 years on, nobody is delusional enough to believe these kinds of things are still how to appeal to kids.
>>
>>30864344
Poochie isn't a character who was always around from the beginning you retard; his personality actually has nothing to do with the joke.
>>
>>30866256
>pisstake
Fuck off, i think it's cool.
>>
>>30866266
Yes it does, the point is that he's trying to hard to be cool and appeal to kids and people hate him because he completely changes the focus of the show from violence to skateboarding and such.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 394x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 394x334px
>>30866268
That's fine too, so long as you don't think they're trying to be "hip with the kids". I think it's cute personally, but it's clearly done for a gag.
>>
>>30863947
>RAP
Not hiphop?
>>
>>30866287
I think you're putting too much weight on the character itself rather then the idea behind it. Poochie doesn't necessarily need to be cool and hip and try-hard. He could have any personality. The idea behind a Poochie though is that it's a character that's added as a corporate mandate to revitalize the show because they feel the original cast no longer draws in a crowd. This is always going to cause people to dislike him, because many people who watched the show and defended it for several seasons still like those characters, and watching them be shoved aside for the new hotness feels wrong, especially in cases like A Royal Problem, or even this weeks episode, where the existing cast could really shine.

I could talk all day about how Starlight as a character is bad, but that's not the point here. The point is that she's awkwardly shoehorned in, seemingly out of nowhere, for no real reason other than the writers being unable to think of plots for the existing characters.
>>
>>30866336
His personality is pretty central to the episode, regardless, people hate him because he destroys the formula, the show gets rod of the violence in favour of extreme sports.
But starlight has not changed what the show is about at all, ponies, friendship lessons, sol character interactions.
What you're trying to say is that you think she has too many episodes and you're grabbing for buzzwords to try to give your opinions an air of objectivity.
>>
>>30866363
Yes she has, she's made it about mindrape, abusing power "because it's fun", suicide attempts, and psychopathy.
It takes away from the cute innocence of the show and makes it edgy.
>>
>>30866401
I always find it funny how people act like every little thing she does is the only episode that has aired post s5.
I could find an example of all of those things from previous seasons as well.

That wouldn't explain how she's changed the focus of the majority of episodes where she does not appear at all.
>>
>>30866363
Again, you're putting too much weight on the character itself. I think the cause of confusion is that you define Poochie as 'a new character that destroys the formula of the show' and I define Poochie as 'a new character added for no reason other than to be 'new' and take focus away from the main cast' and I don't see any way to reconcile this difference.

I mean, if you like Glimmer, all the more power to you, but by my definition, she's very clearly a poochie.
>>
>>30866456
The problem is that being a new character and taking up screentime is not some objective measure of badness.
>>
>>30866524
It's laziness on the writers' parts
They can't be bothered to come up with good ideas for the Mane 6 so they shove in their OCs to compensate
>>
>>30866524
No, of course not. A character isn't any better or worse depending on when they're introduced. And there are shows that have successfully inserted new characters into the dynamic. But if you wanted to watch the characters you already know and that are established instead of some new guy introduced a season ago because the writers need something 'new,' you can see why some people would dislike Poochie on principle.
>>
>>30866586
Damn, why do I always get into these arguments after midnight? I need to go to bed. I'll stick around a little longer, but I think I've made my points clear anyway. Maybe someone else can pick up on them.

You have a good day as well, friend.
>>
>>30866592
We must be in the same timezone then.
I don't want to change your mind, most of us ultimately make snap judgements and then rationalise it after the fact.
I seriously have to wonder if any amount of episode discussion has made someone say "wtf, i hate/love this episode now"
Just don't pretend preferences are objective.
>>
>>30863947
GAS ALL GLIMMERFAGS
>>
File: 1503969412155.jpg (127KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503969412155.jpg
127KB, 700x500px
>>30866733
>>
>>30866915
>power level
>she is not stronger than twilight
>becoming an alicorn has never been implied to have made twilight stronger
>that's not what a mary sue is

>Backstory
yea ok, i don't think it's stupid it's just sparse on details.

>dangerous
she's also the least ill intentioned villain in the series, in the cutie map she genuinely wants to make the world a better place and in the cutie remark she's giving twilight an eye for an eye (my village for your friendship) and doesn't believe that it's going to have an effect beyond twilight just never meeting her friends.
She also can't time travel anymore so it wouldn't be a problem anyway.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.