[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

well we are now over halfway through the season. whats the consensus on it? Where would you rank it thus far?

I think its pretty good and the only 2 shitters in it so far are Hard to Say Anything and Honest Apple.
>>
>>30862984
The mane 6 has too many episode in it. I was hoping for more Starlight, Trixie & Discord episodes. Why haven't Derpy gotten her own episodes yet?

Can't the writers get a clue?
>>
>>30862984
It's odd, every 3 seasons houses the next best one
7>4>1>5>2>6>3
>>
It's okay. On par with 4 and 5, but too much has changed for meaningful comparisons with 1 and 2.
>>
>>30862984
I know people like to shit on Honest Apple as a default but that at least I can watch over. The side characters alone are entertaining. Forever Filly is the one I can't bring myself to rewatch. Not that the episode was bad in writing just . . . really ordinary and uneventful in comparison.

Hard to Say Anything is a second close for the cringe but at least it's not boring to watch.
>>
>>30862984
Overall? It's pretty fucking good. That being said, it's not comparable to s1/2, that'd be like comparing apples and oranges. However, if I had to rank them based on how much I enjoyed them it'd be:
S5 > S2 > S1 > S7 > S4 > S3 > S6
Where season 5 is a 10/10 and season 6 is a 6.5/10
>>
>>30862984
It's been good so far.
>>
>>30862984
Iz good. One of the best in my opinion. No absolute shit episodes and very few generally bad ones. Either it's mediocre, pretty good, or exceptional episodes.
>>
>>30862984
Substantial improvement from s6.
>>
File: inky waifu.png (169KB, 326x480px) Image search: [Google]
inky waifu.png
169KB, 326x480px
>Honest Apple
>bad

my waifu doesn't deserve this
>>
This is how I rank the seasons
S1>S2>S4>S5>S7>S3>S6
All of them have been enjoyable overall though. I still like the show.
>>
>>30862984
I think it's been great. I've liked all the episodes except Hard To Say Anything and maybe Fluttershy Leans In. Honest Apple has some problems but it still has some really enjoyable new characters and gags. I don't think it quite beats season 2 for me but like others have said, apples and oranges.
>>
>6 good/great episodes
>1 average
>Rest was unlikable
Shit season desu, but s6 and s3 were way worse, maybe almost on par with s4
>>
>>30862984
S7>S4>S5>S2>S1>S3>>>>>>>S6
>>
>>30862984
I notice an error in that pic. Why are there two Twilights?
>>
>>30862984
>hard to say anything
>bad
>fluttershy leans in
>not shit
No.
>>
>>30862984
S5 > S7 = S4 > S3 = S6 > S2 > S1
>>
>>30862984
It's pretty okay. It has some 10/10 and 9/10 episodes, some good ones, many mediocre episodes and just one or two horrible ones.
>>
>>30862984
it has less bad episodes than s6, but less exceptional ones
they're motstly ok, some good, there's a couple of meh/bad but way less than S6

Unless the second half is good episode after good episode I don't think it'll reach S2, 4 and 5
but not bad, just ok
>>
>>30862984
Mostly unwatchable shit caused by incompetent direction and writers who fuck up themselves and then try to excuse it by claiming that the original characters' arcs are "done" when nobody even tried to expand them in the first place.

Starlight's forced presence and how her episodes always follow the exact formula of "Problem-she butts in- bullshit happens- problem is solved" isn't help at all to mask her absolute lack of a character of her own and her own story going absolutely nowhere after nearly 2 seasons as a side character.
>>
>>30862984
One of the worst seasons. It hasn't had any really horrible episodes yet, which probably keeps it off the bottom, but almost everything so far has been mediocre to average. There were a few above average eps, but nothing that really wowed me so far this season.
>>
>>30863021

>The main characters have lots of episodes.

This is a shitpost right?
>>
>>30869296
The good main characters do (IE, Glimmer + Friends, the CMC, and Discord.) The only relevant character not getting episodes is Spike.
>>
>>30869328

Why hasn't he, after having a great Season 6?
>>
>>30862984
I'm actually really enjoying this season but unlike the past few seasons there hasn't been anything going on really. Seasons 4, 5, and 6 all had some unique arc or thing going on in them. Season 7 doesn't have anything like that. It feels like the first "Why is this show still going on?" season.
>>
>>30869328
Discords episode was shit.
>>
It's not just the worst season of MLP so far, it's why the people responsible for this should be fired.

And even if most of the episodes were good, the fact that they took an episode out of Larson's bin, "Modernized" it, made it insult the bronies as much as possible, then released it under his name is scummy as fuck. At best, it's dishonest for no reason. At worst, it was done because the current writers were mad about Larson having so many fans.
>>
>>30869368

S4 and 5 are the only ones to really have an arc, 6 KINDA had one with Starlight but it was more of a purely character thing and that continues in 7.
>>
>>30862984
>shitters in it so far are Hard to Say Anything and Honest Apple

no I'm pretty sure it's Celestial Advice.
>>
>>30869333
Because the CMC were shafted in season 6 by only getting 3 episodes despite being three distinct characters and someone had to take the hit. Unfortunately, the writers didn't think to cut back on mane 6 episodes instead.

>>30869368
The legends of equestria characters may be building up to something, considering each of the remaining three characters are being revealed in upcoming episodes.

>>30869387
By worst, do you mean one of the best? So many episodes were fantastic. It's just none of those great episodes involved the mane 6 in a significant way outside of the supporting role for the CMC.
>>
I am really disappointed that Starlight didn't introduce Trixie to Maud.
>>
>>30862984
I tell you what, if not for Daring Done, Hard to Say anything and honest apple it could be a better season than S5. But seeing how Haber joined second hald of the season editing, the rest of the episode will probably ruin it to be worse than S6.
>>
>>30869471
>hard to say anything
>bad
Shit taste right here.

But really though, the second half so far seems better than the first half, every episode except triple threat was good.
>>
>>30869406

Do you think he'll get more focus in season 8?
>>
>>30869406
>By worst, do you mean one of the best? So many episodes were fantastic.
Like clockwork, Derpibooru is here.
>>
>>30869506
It's true though. The mane 6 are dragging this season down while the supporting characters carry it.

>>30869503
Probably three episodes like in season 6 to make up for only getting one.
>>
>>30869511
>It's true though. The mane 6 are dragging this season down
The mane 6 are what the staff behind of them makes them be, derpifag. So if they sucked, it's because the staff sucks as well.
>>
>>30862984
> Image downloaded from Derpibooru

Honest question, OP: are you here to ask for our honest opinion, or just to try fishing for praises and "we all agree that S07 is great, right?" bullshit like Derpibooru users do 24/7?
>>
>>30869631
Because the writers exhausted all interesting ideas with the mane 6 that do not involve the CMC or Glimmer.
>>
>>30869864
The writers haven't even tried to explore the characters, mate. There's an infinite number of potential stories that could have been awesome if the writers had cared in the first place, so trying to pin the blame on the characters themselves is the saddes, most cowardly excuse I've seen since forever.
>>
>>30862984
Not enough songs.
>>
>>30869883
Why are Glimmer, the CMC, Maud, Trixie, Thorax, spike and Discord still interesting to watch and have consistently good episodes (except spike) even in the later seasons?
>>
>>30869511

What makes you think that?
>>
>>30869917

Has Spike had any good episodes?
>>
>>30869942
All his episodes in season 6.
>>
>>30869917
> Maud, Trixie and Thorax
>Interesting

One note, one trick ponies are interesting now?
>>
>>30870088
>Thorax
Has a better becomming a leader arc than twilight does.

>Trixie
Far more entertaining than twilight and her arrogance allows for interesting things to happen

>Maud
Her dry personality contrasts really well with the world around her, unlike the mane 6 who are becoming closer to either mary sues or regressing to total idiots, depending on the character.
>>
>>30862984
I liked all of the episodes this season. I think they all had something to offer.
s1>s2>s7=s6=s5=s4>s3
>>
>>30862984
7>6>5>4>2>1>3
>>
>>30870164
>season 1
>better than season 3
No anon.
>>
>>30870167
why not?
>>
>>30862984
Overall, I would just say it's leaned more towards the right side of the bell curve with more good episodes than bad. I like it. I just hope the finale adds the most delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae.
>>
>>30870134
>depending on the character.

Depending of the WRITER.

You guys keep talking about the M6 as if they were real people who think and act on their own. They aren't and they don't.
>>
>>30870251

I've personally never felt like the Mane Six were real people.

They're actually pretty shallow compared to the characters in say, Bojack Horseman.
>>
File: no taste.png (209KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
no taste.png
209KB, 500x293px
>>30870167
>season 3
>better than any other season
>>
>>30869368
It seems like this seasons thing is setting up Glimmer's B-Team, I was hoping it would get more members by now. But i bet they will be important for the finale
>>
>>30870287
>>30870173
Season 1 is easily the worst season in the show as among other things it presents so many bad ideas that the later seasons would rightfully get rid of and writes many of the characters horrendously (where other seasons made said characters likable).

>>30870265
That is why the supporting/secondary main characters are better.
>>
>>30870388

The supporting/secondary characters have more potential. Spike in particular is loaded with potential for stories.

>How Celestia got his egg
>What happened to his parents
>What will happen when he gets older
>>
>>30870296
Maybe at the end of the season they'll leave to spread the magic of friendship somewhere else in Equestria.
>>
>>30868358
>best episode of the series
>with William Shatner and Felicia Day
>qt3.14 mom hoers

>nothing that really wowed me

boi
>>
File: bait.jpg (80KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
80KB, 960x539px
>>30870388
>Season 1 is easily the worst season in the show as among other things it presents so many bad ideas that the later seasons would rightfully get rid of and writes many of the characters horrendously
>>
>>30870388
>That is why the supporting/secondary main characters are better.
That doesn't explain why Spike and other secondary characters like the Mayor, the Cakes, Granny Smith, Zecora, Big Mac, Cheernobyl and Rarity's parents have been so miserably wasted.

The Cakes alone could have been used for a lot of great episodes about parenthood, their relationship with Pinkie Pie and how they could have been used as a source of advice for ponies who were feeling unsure about what to do.
>>
>>30870428
You say miserably wasted but the fact is that the show simply can't focus on everyone and the main characters themselves will always come first. Season 8 may finally be the time for these side characters to shine because it's obvious Starlight's got her major stuff out of the way, the CMC have their cutie marks and are doing their things and the Mane 6 are developed.
>>
>>30870428
>spike
Spike suffers from the same problem as AJ, except unlike AJ, is actually interesting when placed in the supporting role.

>Other secondary characters
Because the writers think the mane 6 are more interesting than them, when in reality they aren't.

Imagine a series where instead of the mane 6, every character is written as well as Glimmer, thorax, or the CMC (barring season 1) and each get their own arc over several seasons
>>
>>30870457
>Imagine a series where instead of the mane 6, every character is written as well as Glimmer,

That series would be shit because every episode would depend of every character being retarded so the character of the day could fix the artificial conflict that's being stretched for 22 minutes.

No, thanks.
>>
>>30870486
But glimmer is easily the best written character on the show, beating even the CMC in quality episodes.
>>
>>30870499
I don't agree with what you're saying about other stuff but I do agree that she's the best written character.
>>
>>30870510
I think its more of a tier system, with the high tier being the non-mane 6 main characters plus the supporting cast and low tier being the mane 6.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.