[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Campfire Tales and season 7 speculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 12

File: 1342210.jpg (224KB, 630x956px) Image search: [Google]
1342210.jpg
224KB, 630x956px
I don't think we're looking at Campfire Tales quite as closely as we should. Potential spoilers ahead.

Although they were designed by DHX, Rockhoof, Flash Magnus, and Mistmane debuted in IDW's Legends of Magic limited series. That series is also going to introduce Somnambula, who's set to appear in an upcoming episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSyX0kHw6KI

The three we've seen in the show obviously have parallels in the Mane Six: Rockhoof's devotion to his home and physical prowess, Flash's loyalty, and Mistmane's beauty and generosity. Somnambula will probably match up to another. That leaves two more: one is Mage Meadowbrook, a healer first mentioned in the S5 premiere, and the other -- the Twilight equivalent -- is a literally-who by the name of Star Swirl the Bearded.

Now, Legends of Magic #1-6 focus on each individual. The solicit for #7, which won't be out until October, reads: "You’ve met the most legendary ponies in Equestria’s history... now find out how they first came together to battle an unstoppable evil!" Considering that we know the S7 finale is about the Pony of Shadows, it seems incredibly likely that the full team of Mane Six precursors will be involved. Thus, it's likely that Star Swirl will make his first in-show appearance at some point in this season.

tl;dr Campfire Tales is meant as setup for the season finale, in the same vein as S4's chest keys or S5's Starlight cameos.
>>
>>30847452
But how are they going to pull it off? Is it going to be like those Shadowlock comics where the contents of books can become real?
>>
>>30847534
Hard to say anything that specific, but I doubt it would just be a copy from a book. More likely it'll be the actual ponies in spirit form, or something.
>>
>>30847568
It could be both; after all, Twilight was able to put herself into a book before.
>>
File: sphinx.png (286KB, 1280x920px) Image search: [Google]
sphinx.png
286KB, 1280x920px
So she's gonna be in Daring Done, right?
>>
>>30848256
Saw some wip pages on Twitter with Pinkie talking to Sunburst.

Pinkie is in Daring Done.

So I would say yes.
>>
File: IMG_4314.jpg (114KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4314.jpg
114KB, 450x600px
>>30848746
This one? Yeah, seems like a safe bet. Also, I guess this confirms Pinkie is indeed the Somnambula link and Flutters is the Meadowbrook one, as I figured.
>>
>>30847452
I'm guessing this ragtag team discovers the elements of harmony. I always thought it would be weird if Luna and Celestia were the first bearers when there were only two of them and they had to have heard about them beforehand from another legend where they are used otherwise they wouldn't know where to find them to defeat Discord.
>>
File: IMG_20151014_0020.jpg (2MB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151014_0020.jpg
2MB, 3300x2550px
>>30850507
According to the Journal of the Two Sisters, they know about them because Star Swirl showed them the location of the Tree of Harmony. The connection they felt with the tree prompted them to build their castle overlooking it.

Also, speaking of Meadowbrook's connection to the Mane Six... Look at the names Faust was considering for Fluttershy.
>>
>>30847452
please please PLEASE let them not fuck up Starswirl
also am I the only one still using the headcanon that Trixie could possibly be related to him? that was one of my favourites and basically the only one I still have
>>
>>30850976
Based on what?
>>
>>30850917
What the fuck were Meadowbrook's eight enchanted items?
>>
File: image.jpg (501KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
501KB, 1054x1600px
>>30852045
Maybe we'll see something about them in her episode.
>>
>>30852869
I love her mask.
How is this comic miniseries so quality when the main series is so shit?
Seeing the previews side to side was jarring.
>>
>>30853118
Because they explicitly told them what the stories in the show were, and they could only write supplementary stories based on them.

I don't know why you say that, because the main series is now only supplementary stories of show episodes as well.
>>
File: 2.jpg (249KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
249KB, 720x960px
>>30852869
Given that she's an earth pony healer and now with the mask, I'm guessing one of the Zecora episodes will involve her story somehow. Starting to also seem like she'll be an African-inspired pony, separate from zebras (or maybe she's involved with them somehow?).

>>30853118
>>30853132
Unfortunately, they're still clinging to their pet ideas where they can. Stuff like Dragon Town in the preview for pic related.
>>
File: ember close.png (419KB, 1006x798px) Image search: [Google]
ember close.png
419KB, 1006x798px
>>30853162
>dragons in faggot clothes like some zootopia shit
Meanwhile in the show, they're these wild wasteland nomads that just tear shit up where ever they go.
>>
>>30847452
Do you think Campfire Tales was foreshadowing the CMC turning evil because of the shadow pony?
>>
>>30853162
Yeah, stuff like Tiberius too. Fortunately its just pet ideas and not stories anymore.
>>
>>30850917
I'd say that helps my theory if Star Swirl knows about them. I'm betting he and the rest were the first bearers.
>>
>>30847534
That's my theory. But since Shadow Lock has already met the Twilight and the gang in the comics, I'm guess introducing him for the first time in an episode would require Glimmer.
>>
File: 8fc18e8b7b6e992f9fab1bdcd45491ce.png (618KB, 1452x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8fc18e8b7b6e992f9fab1bdcd45491ce.png
618KB, 1452x1000px
>>30847452
>Rockhoof's devotion to his home and physical prowess, Flash's loyalty, and Mistmane's beauty and generosity
I picked up on that too.
They were naturally those character's favourite legends because they embodied their own defining traits.
You could also extrapolate it to Twilight/Starswirl & Fluttershy/Meadowbrook, and Pinkie's in what is the best bet for the Somnambula episode. If so, it's ironic that PP & FS's proxy's switched species, given they share a voice actress.

.......Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, wait a second. Looking at the OP image: do they have the same eye designs as each of the Mane Six?
>>
File: FOR FEAR GAVE HIM POWER.png (527KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
FOR FEAR GAVE HIM POWER.png
527KB, 800x612px
>>30847452
>>30847534
>>30847568
>>30847608
>>30856137
I'm of two minds about the finale.

1 - Grogar. They namedropped him, they gave him lore, they wrote in a musical cue, and to top it off they introduced him in a BOOK. And even though he's not a pony, he's pretty damn shadowy.

2 - Sombra v2. MLP's been following a 4-season cycle, imo. S5 was S1 & S6 was S2, typified by the villains. If the trend continues and S7=S3, maybe PoS has some connection to Rey Shadow himself. Colleague? Teacher? Power Source? And it'd free up Grogar to continue the tradition in S8, ala Tirek in S4.

Either way I'm tense AF. An excited kind of tense. Lots of continuity potential.
>>
File: starswirl.jpg (895KB, 2237x1719px) Image search: [Google]
starswirl.jpg
895KB, 2237x1719px
>>30847452
>>30850976
>>30854754
Am I the only one who hopes they hold Starswirl the Bearded off for as long as possible? Like, end-of-the-show-itself Final Season long? I feel as though some REALLY fucking ambitious storytelling can be done with him that the ever-growing mystery keeps adding to. Showing him off in this decidedly not-final finale, tying him down forever as a standard wizard with a set appearance, IDK. It rubs me the wrong way a lil.
I'll readily admit that's because S7's been so good for this board IMO that I've cooked up some proper dank headcanon that I'm now loathe to part with. Sorta like the Trixie one. Only super intricately autistic.
>>
>>30857496
Same. Things are gonna get spicy.
>>
File: sunburst goes outside.png (342KB, 639x233px) Image search: [Google]
sunburst goes outside.png
342KB, 639x233px
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.