[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw the writers are terrible but if they were writing what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: bronies....png (512KB, 959x536px) Image search: [Google]
bronies....png
512KB, 959x536px
>yfw the writers are terrible but if they were writing what you consider to be good you'd just complain that they're fan pandering
>>
>>30846470
Nope, the writers are just mediocre hacks. It's all about having enough talent to take an idea and correctly mold it into something good.

If Fame and Misfortune had been written by Mitch "Crown a bitch" Larson we still would be laughing and chuckling about it, because he had the ability to poke fun at people and laugh with them instead of laughing AT them.
>>
>>30846579
Or maybe you get butthurt about episodes without thinking about their meaning for more than 5 seconds
>>
File: 1498694475451.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498694475451.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>30846470
What I consider 'good' isn't pandering to fans though.

Or if you're quoting your inner monologue, you need to get some better fucking taste.
>>
>>30846579
AHAHAH
SALT
>>
>>30846579
This guy had a legitimate complaint. Probably the only one among them.

>>30846579
>>30846912
We already had a good episode about bitchy fans, one that actually looked at the issue with substance instead of outdated fan complaints from years ago.
>>
>>30846932
>Slice of Life
>good
Opinion discarded
>>
>>30846470
Maybe you should start looking at mlp as a fairy tale and being a faggot who ruins fun for everyone, including himself?
>>
>>30846984
>not complaining about the quality of the show
>ruining anything
Imagine being this deluded
>>
>>30846969
I think he was talking about stranger than fan fiction.
>>
>>30846990
But that doesn't include half the fandom references/memes SoL did, which, is in fact, a fandom episode.
>>
I don't want fan service, I want closure.

I could make a fishing metaphor about being hooked. But since they haven't reeled me in yet, I'm starting to think it's not a hook at all, but a piece of trash that just coincidentally worked like a hooked.

Like, Season 6 had a lot of unique pony designs that draws attention to themselves. But I can accept most of them as being one-offs because the episode ended nice and tidy.
But then you have a character like Sunburst, with a unique design, closeness to a main character, and a life trajectory that the episode didn't really resolve. So there's an expectation that they're not done with him yet. But they didn't use him in the finale.
If they don't resolve his character arc or answer why he can't be a wizard - I'm going to be thinking about this decades from now.
Why can't he do magic like a wizard? If he was Celestia's former student then he must have passed the same entrance exams to be in her Magic School for Gifted Unicorns.
>>
>>30847009
Yeah, but it was pretty blatant in its portrayal of the Daring Do fandom as an analogue for the Broknee fandom. It also presented both main groups of fans in a fairly even light, which is what I think the point of his original post was.
>>
>>30846969
I was talking about Stranger than Fanfiction. Just look at the difference:

Stranger than Fanfiction:
>Quibble is a bit rude to RD about her tastes, she can't stand that he doesn't like what she does
>Obsesses on whether or not things are "realistic" when that is just one factor you can enjoy in Daring Do stories
>Is so autistic about Daring Do because he really loves it
>Him and RD come to an understanding that there's no wrong way to be a fan
>Lesson is that people like different things for different reasons and that's ok

Fame and Misfortune:
>Ponies don't even read the book that they're making arguments about
>Rather than being able to separate fact from fiction like Quibble did (talking about how writers didn't do Daring Do justice in his opinion) they for some reason think that the stories are fiction that the characters wrote
>Generally, hold their opinions on the M6 out of spite and because they dislike them or they ignore everything about the lesson entirely and make a character judgment
>M6, rather than addressing the arguments how a normal person would, inexplicably interpret all of these complaints as "WHY ARE YOU NOT PERFECT" which probably went with the original synopsis of "characters fight over who had best stories" but didn't fit the final
>Lesson of "As long as you can please SOME people, it is worth it!" is diluted by the implication that children will accept things without question and that's why they should be focused on
>No issues resolved

Quibble Pants was an actual fan. The characters in Fame and Misfortune didn't do their dumb shit out of love for the stories, they did it because they were strawmen created by creators with victim complexes, quite frankly.
>>
>>30846989
I don't give a shit. I see them as ponies, not some artificial tools. If you are this autistic to notice that it's your problem.
>>
>>30847098
>i see them as ponies, not some artificial tools
>n-no ur autistic!
>>
>>30847031
Those are the kinds of loose ends that keep people's brains up at night. Causing them to write fanfictions in an attempt to reach a satisfying yet plausible conclusion.
>>
>>30846912
HAHAHA
TRIGGERED
>>
>>30847043
This shit is why I like this place

It's almost like people here can understand subtext and subtlety more than the writers
>>
>>30847043
My super ultra alpha-omega nigga
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.