[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Best Night Ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: Main_Cast_at_the_Gala_S01E26.png (915KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Main_Cast_at_the_Gala_S01E26.png
915KB, 1280x720px
What would The Best Night Ever be like if it was written today?
>>
Prince Blueblood would be Prince Bluebell, the newest waifubait almost-sue A-tier waifu to stand alongside Bad Dragoness, Too-Perfect Griffon, and "Muh rocks".
>>
>>30844282
Rather than ending at the donut shop, something would happen to fix all of the problems at the gala and they'd enjoy it how they originally envisioned

also pinkie would shout all of her lines and wouldn't burst into any songs
>>
>>30844282
>they don't solve their problems by themselves, instead Glimmer does literally everything by herself
>main 6 are useless, probably
>no musical number
>rampant out of character behavior from everyone, especially Pinkie
>Dragonball-style action scenes thrown in for good measure, it is a season finale after all
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>30844301
When has glimmer solved a problem for the mane 6? Because i can't think of any examples of her doing that.
To where and back again maybe?
>>
>>30844301
Stereotypical nerdy "Fans" show up to "Enjoy" the convention, constantly complaining because it isn't what they thought it would be like and it doesn't have enough of the stuff only they like(robots/ninjas/pirates).

These fans would try to "Fix" the convention by giving either laughably shit or better-than-the-writer-realizes ideas, and the poor innocent qt waifubait convention manager would run herself ragged trying to please everyone before eventually giving up and screaming at the "Fans" for liking things unironically and "being entitled" by having tastes and not just mindlessly shutting up and eating what you're given.
>>
>>30844301
>spike have no roll in the episode
>lore getting shit on once again
Oh, you forgot to mention brony pandering you got to have those in there or how else are the staff suppose to let the audience know that they are aware of the fanbase?
>>
>>30844310
The "Fuck you bronies some kids love me and that's all that matters" episode by """Larson""", in which Twilight forgets all character development and sings a song that accomplishes nothing so Glimmer can save the day. (The original draft was penned by him, then discarded when he realized he couldn't make the episode not suck. The episode was picked up by later writers and given that Miller touch, then published under Larson's name.)

Also, she does that other nu-MLP cliche, bringing two new shitty OCs into view of the camera to deus ex machina the plot and exposit the moral and/or episode's solution to the camera and characters.
>>
>Pony Joe is now a beautiful spicy waifubait OC just begging for fanart and lewds
>>
>>30844325
All Starlight did was make the Mane 6 feel better. No actual problems were solved. Besides that was originally a Spike role that Glim was lazily superimposed into.
>>
>>30844282
An enjoyable episode.
>>
>>30844325
>The original draft was penned by him, then discarded when he realized he couldn't make the episode not suck. The episode was picked up by later writers and given that Miller touch, then published under Larson's name
do you have a source on this?
>>
>>30844495
I mean, Make New Friends But Keep Discord is the same idea but executed many times better. Then again, Fame & Misfortune carries a similar spirit of looking forward to a good time, being severely disappointed and finding a nugget of solace at the end, and that was crap...
>>
>>30844521
He admitted it in an interview. Judging from the song, the original premise of the episode was that the critics were accusing the ponies of being stupid, judging from the main 6 had written in the book. The "don't be so mean it's just a kids show" spin was probably added later.
>>
>>30844539
the things the main 6 had written*
>>
>>30844282
Not as cheesy.
>>
>>30844325
The "two new shitty OCs" were taken directly from gen 3 MLP.
>>
>>30844282
I actually think there's some interesting discussion to be had about this concerning the strengths and weaknesses of the earlier and later seasons. On one hand, you have episodes like The Best Night Ever where the current writers would be much more tempted to go with the generic plot line where the problems at the Gala are fixed and the mane 6 have the gala that they were originally envisioning. On the other hand, you've got recent episodes like The Perfect Pear where the writers don't shy away from deeper, more emotional dialogue and story.
>>
>>30844325
OK, the episode wasn't that good but Glimmer didn't save the day. She just tried to make them see the bright side of things. Saving the day would be to reverse time and prevent everyone from getting the journals and then deciding to disseminate friendship-quotes tweets from the Princess' Fluttershy-trained birds to help people in generic ways.
>>
>>30844296
Yea S1 used to not have a complete happy ending
I liked how the Gala was ruined but the mane 6 were still happy
The Same thing happened with Swarm of the Century. I don't like that episode but I find funny how at the end Ponyville is destroyed

I would have agreed with you until 3 weeks ago, I was surprised of how Fame and Misfortune ended. I have nothing to say on the episode itself but I didn't expect them to not solve the problem at the end

But for the most part yes, it would end with the gala being fixed or something
>>
I haven't watched in a while (since season 3)
What happened to mlp?
>>
>>30844727
This is what happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk7jv-La3HU
>>
>>30844727
Different writers, somewhat different tone, new character. Some things have been great and some have been polarizing. There's a lot that's still worth checking out in my opinion.
>>
File: 44587745.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
44587745.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>30844282
We'd be wondering why it took them seven seasons to give us such a mediocre end to the Gala arc.
>>
>>30845045
>It's been 7 years, 7 seasons
>Ever since the third episode ever "Ticket Master", we've been waiting
>They've been hyping this gala thing up forever
>Twilight references how sad the gala would be right without her friends right before she gets Discord'd
>Cadence talks about how fun the gala will be after getting married to Shining
>The Mane 6 saves the Crystal ponies, so the Crystal Empire can send a delegation to the gala
>Twilight gets wings and the first thing Rarity says is "I need to change your Gala dress, darling"
>When Twilight gives up the elements of harmony, Rainbow Dash exclaims how she wish she could have worn her necklace to the gala and show it off to the Wonderbolts
>Rainbow Dash gets into the Wonderbolts and they say they'll meet her at the gala
>Pinkie meets Cheese Sandwich who says he's going to be one of the party planners at the gala which initially makes her sad
>Fluttershy says she heard that Breezies are in Celestia's garden
>When the alicorns gave their magic to Twilight, Celestia smiled and sorrowfully said "I wish we had the gala sooner. I wanted to see you there."
>Applejack finds a notebook in Starlight's home showing plans to take everyone's cutie marks at the gala
>When the CMC get their cutie marks, Applejack says "Mom and Dad would be proud to see you girls like this at the gala"
>Right before Starlight's redemption song, Twilight says "Let's go to the gala together!"
>When Flurry Heart is born, Cadence and Shining wonder about whether to take her to the gala
>Starlight meets Trixie and convinces Twilight at the end to give her a gala ticket
>At the end of S6, Trixie remarks that the B team is going to make the gala interesting and the Changelings will send a delegation to the gala
>When Twilight wants to send Starlight away she wonders if Starlight would come back for the gala
>Maud convinces Starlight to bring her kites to the gala
>Just when is this damn gala going to be
>S7 finale
>it's shit
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
File: 1425942131622.png (183KB, 906x844px) Image search: [Google]
1425942131622.png
183KB, 906x844px
>>30845129
What I would give to live in that timeline, I can just imagine the shitposting.
>>
>>30844572
The Perfect Pear involved Applejack, a pony that hasn't been relevant since season 2. I'm pretty sure it was a rejected season 1/2/3 episode.
>>30844679
Saving the day would be to make the fantards realize they could be more constructive and creative like the real brony fandom used to be and still secretly is.
>>
It would actually be a good episode. Instead of focusing on all six of the mane 6, it would focus on one of them, probably rarara.
>>
>>30844687
>S1 used to not have a complete happy ending
>what is sisterhoove social
>what is brotherhoove social
>what is twilight time
>what is forever filly
>what is perfect pear
If anything, season 1 had more "perfect" happy endings than it deserved to.

>Showstoppers
>kids do a terrible performance, still get a reward
>Staremaster
>kids almost get themselves killed, they aren't punished at all
>>
>>30844727
It gets a lot better after season 3, just watch. Biggest difference is how much better CMC episodes are compared to the first two seasons.
>>
>>30845129
Dude that could've been the greatest running gag in the show's history. I'm kekking at the thought.
>>
>>30845214
>thinking an episode is automatically bad if it has too many characters for your hasdrone mind to keep track of

>BIGBANGTHEORYLAUGHTRACK.ogg
>>
>>30845273
Because instead of making one complete story, they make six fragmented ones. Its one of the problems with trash episodes like Carts Before the Ponies as well.
>>
>>30844325
>The "Fuck you bronies some kids love me and that's all that matters" episode
This is the way you're willing to interpret it, even though there are many other possible interpretations.
>Twilight forgets all character development
In what way?
>so Glimmer can save the day.
Glimmer doesn't save the day, she merely helps find an alternative solution. In a situation like this, it's impossible to save the day because there'll always be people like you who are convinced that their opinion is objective fact, and, therefore, they are impossible to polemize with. I'm eagerly awaiting for your reply when your arguments boil down to calling me a hasdrone, shit-eater, Jim or whatever, but none of them end up being actual constructive points.
>>
>>30845188
>The Perfect Pear involved Applejack, a pony that hasn't been relevant since season 2. I'm pretty sure it was a rejected season 1/2/3 episode.

Where the Apple Lies? Pinkie Apple Pie? This is far from the first episode since season 2 that explores the history and dynamic of the Apple family. Also the lady writers (who joined in season 5) have said in a tweet that they cried while writing it so obviously it's not a holdover from earlier seasons.
>>
File: laughing_twi_on_back.png (146KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_twi_on_back.png
146KB, 1024x614px
>>30845129
Goddamnit Anon, thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>30845129
underrated
>>
>>30844301
You forgot Fluttercord shipping as Fluttershy would come with Discord and Smooze
>>
>>30845129
Jesus fuck my fucking sides
>>
>>30845129
>written by Dave Polsky
>>
>>30845129
We had this arc with Equestria Games. 2 seasons wasted for shit Spike episode.
>>
>>30845757
It's perfectly easy to make minor ammendments like referencing PInkie Apple Pie in an episode. It's far more likely that they were crying while reading over a script/detailed concept and ammending bits and pieces.
>>
>>30844282
Glimmer would appear and fix everything with magic.
>>
>>30846227
Most of the episodes in the equestria games arc were shit:
Games Ponies Play, one of the worst in the series, so shit.

Flight to the Finish, the only good episode in this arc and while the episode itself is really great, the weakest part is the fact they had to spend so much time explaining the rules of the equestria games.

Rainbow Falls, an incoherent mess, so shit.

Equestria Games, could never live up to the hype, a spike episode that has nothing to do with the rest of the arc. At least make it about the ponies involved in the past equestria games episodes.
>>
File: believe in me.jpg (86KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
believe in me.jpg
86KB, 1191x670px
>I'll meet you at the Gala!
>>
>>30846372
Rainbow Falls was the first episode that felt like it was out of S1/2 after MMC, I guess that was part of why I liked it so much
>>
>>30845229
I totally agree. The entire point of Fame and Misfortune was that sometimes you just can't win, and it's better just not to try.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.