[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mlp/ makes a better movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1503336415816.jpg (119KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
1503336415816.jpg
119KB, 750x745px
Alright you Debbie doubters
We're gonna brainstorm a pony movie.
Or post what you would've changed
And see if it will be better than the pony movie.

I'll start
No bad guy redemption or forgiveness
>>
>>30841714
would like Discord to have been in it....at all. People who've neve watched MLP are going to go see this movie to judge it. Discord is not as cool as he used to be, but THEY don't know that, ad he's a great part of a show that they could show off. He's eye candy, basically. He would be great in the movie.

>tfw they could've used the budget of a full theatrical movie for Discord's chaos, and chose not to
>>
>>30841714
just some basic rules you should know about with movies based on ongoing series.
1. the movie cant make permanent changes to the status quo of the series
2. the movie must be easy to digest and understand for non-fans who have never seen the series
>>
>>30841714
>No bad guy redemption or forgiveness

I actually wouldn't mind this if it wasn't so hackish.

It really does say something when Xiaolin Showdown, a show from over a decade ago, did this trope better by having the villain keep their word, do everything right, never mistreat their underlings or allies, and that's what made it SO HARD to actually do the right thing. They're giving up everything they could ever want and an actual decent friend because it's the right thing to do and they realize that however nice that villain is to them, they're still hurting others and have to be stopped, the end.

Split the Main Six up and give them a miniadventure and a time to shine on their own for a brief period before rejoining and power-of-friendship as one that's unstoppable, instead of it being Twilight and Five Ponies who do some stuff.

Give the Storm King a real goal besides take over the world! Show us why everyone would work for him! Shit, give him some good points but point out why the other stuff makes it impossible to let happen! That's much better for a kid to see and understand than just a stock evil bad guy.
>>
>>30842149
Bingo.

That finale, where the spanish kid turns on the other Xaolin warriors? Wuya holds to her promise entirely. She's actually a pretty good boss - doesn't betray him at the first chance, actually gives him exactly what he asks for, isn't even rude or grouchy towards him. He still finds friendship is more worth it than staying the second-in-command to a bad guy.
>>
>>30841759
If discord is involved, I would have to wonder what excuse they will have this time for him not to be able to use his magical chaos powers to simply end the conflict right there.
>>
>>30843099
This is why they should have never reformed discord. As a good guy his powers dwarf everything but the elements of harmony rip
>>
>>30841714
Past Sins the Musical
>>
>>30841714
>No bad guy redemption or forgiveness

NO! I know its become a cliche for this show, but there's a sore lack of this in media today.
>>
The princesses actually are helpful and central to the movie.
>>
>>30843156
No, this is why they should have given him back a mere trickle of his power after Twilight's Kingdom.

You want to give him just enough power to play stupid pranks and minorly fuck with ponies? Cool, you can still basically run all his episodes on that basis. But the major, world-shifting power? Fuck you, you just betrayed our entire civilization.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.