[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legends of Equestria open access gameplay trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4

File: loe.png (361KB, 973x671px) Image search: [Google]
loe.png
361KB, 973x671px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-smLjSnqxc

>characters sliding all over the place due to lag
>zooming the video instead of moving the camera
>inexplicable anime faces
I wasn't expecting AAA quality from an LoE trailer, but damn, this is really "are you even trying" tier.
>>
>>30840902
Well, at least they're not trying to make gameplay look better than it actually is. I'll take that over cutscene tier trailers that don't even make it into the game.

But do you know what I would like even better? Better fucking mechanics and actual horse emotes.
>>
>>30840902
looks like shit
>>
>>30840902
Sweet fucking Christ they still control like vehicles, don't they? What the fuck have they been doing for 5 years?
>>
>>30840902
Show of hands: who is actually even considering playing anything other than a pegasus?

There's literally no reason to play anything else.
>fastest race
>can go anywhere
>can fly over mobs and pick and choose encounters, best scouts

I know this game is going to be shit but still... Would you rather have
A: A pet, faster run speed
B: The ability to teleport short distances and be the worst at cuddling, slowest run speed
C: The ability to fucking fly

Pegasus master race.
>>
>>30841718
I'm playing unicorn because that's what my OC is.
>>
File: twi_nervous1.gif (66KB, 254x278px) Image search: [Google]
twi_nervous1.gif
66KB, 254x278px
Who else /just in it for erp/ here
>>
>>30842527
If I wanted to erp as a pony I'd go onto Second Life.
>>
>>30842527
I want to be a little filly with armor.
>>
What the fuck
>>
>>30842527
what's erp? erotic roleplay?
>>
>>30840902
I hope the game won't lag as bad.
>>
>>30842527
I think it is U rated. SO your erp will be short.
>>
>>30843446
What's a u rating?
>>
>>30843618
Universal.
>>
>>30843423
Yes
>>
>>30840902
Anyone else remember when we simply wanted a normal cooperative game with 6 players at once? but with a normal enjoyable hack n slash gameplay?
>>
>>30843800
>Anyone else remember?
>hack n slash gameplay
No
>>
>>30840902
Really, compared to the other "trailers" we've made, this was probably the best one yet. That's how bad the other ones were.
>>
>>30841586
We've made it so you can modify the controls so you can move around like a third person shooter. You have to exit the mode to interact with things though, so it's just useful for moving around.
>>
>>30841718
I always play earth pony. Earth ponies are fast as hell and can sprint for longer than any other race.
>>
>>30841718
During the brief four hours I spent playing during the open beta server test thing years ago, I played a Unicorn. The game was shit and the quests didn't work and most NPCs didn't work either, but teleporting to wherever you clicked your mouse and just exploring the world was fun for me. Even though there was this one max-level faggot that killed me. And the mobs were bugged and no spells besides teleport really worked.

Will the game contain different specializations for Unicorns, so you can have a fire mage and an ice mage and a sewing mage on the same team?
>>
>>30841718
Unicorn is at least something to consider, even though you at least have to try the pegasi no matter what.

But once you've done a bunch of flying, you've seen all there is to it, while MAGIC can go much much further!
>>
I'm hype.
>>
>>30845007
I was hype years ago, now I'm just waiting to see if there's anything new.
>>
>>30844370
>Even though there was this one max-level faggot that killed me
Wait, what? Open PvP?
>>
>>30841718
I'm not going to play a Pegasus in the beginning solely so I can enjoy the experience more later.
>>
>>30844209
What are your six PR people on the team for, if not to make decent quality promotional materials?

>>30844219
I think he was complaining less about the specific key/mouse bindings and more about the way the characters seem to slide around instead of starting/stopping/turning precisely.
>>
>>30845296
This. Is there world pvp in this?
Am I going to be able to fucking gank some brony noobs?
>>
bump : D
>>
>>30841718
>No mobs or obstacles that can knock a pegasus out of the sky
Too OP, pls nerf
>>
Finally, I can be the little foal.
>>
>>30843800
yes, that been a thing since the Elder Scrolls was popular and we never got it. Oh well.
>>
>>30845166
There is allot of new stuff in LoE. Some will take notice from the last Open Server Weekend. Most don't notice the changes in the mechanics as they focus on the Aesthetics.
>>
>>30846777
There are quite allot of teasers, some good, some not so good. These were meant to make more of the game play then be theatrical and whimsical, in my opinion anyhow. You will see many styles with any game or product out there to be honest as many have diffrent things they like about it. With games it can be the game play, the immersivness , the social aspect, combat, role play, the list goes on. So I actually expect more teasers as they get closer to release. Just hold your breeches I am sure you will see something that will interest you.
>>
Are there going to be professions?
Fishing? Baking? Mining? Sewing? Gem-crafting?

Is there going to be anything of substance to grind for or work towards in the game or is the entire game just going to be fetch quests for a few NPCs and that's it? No end-game content, just chatting? Nothing to even chat about?
Will future content be added or will it be finished as is?

Is this just going to be more of a '3D sandbox chatroom' and less of a 'Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game'?
>>
If you're expecting WoW with horses you're not going to find it here. If it's anything like the open betas it'll just be an online open world adventure game where you do quests to gain bits to buy hats for your pony
>>
>>30850605
In other words, WoW with horses. Personally, as a developer on this game for the last several years, I don't want our game to be WoW - WoW has terrible gameplay and worse writing. I've done everything I personally can to make sure our game is better than that. I've seen it grow by leaps and bounds over the years. At one point we completely threw out Ponydale and built an entirely new Ponydale from scratch. The Legends of Equestria you see today is LoE 2.0. It's still buggy, and there's content that won't make it into the Open Access Release that will be added over time down the road. But it's seriously breathtaking how far we've come. I watched the Crystal Kingdom go from a 3D model to a city filled with quests and characters and interior locations. It was just awesome to be a part of it. I hope we can do better than a game that was released 13 years ago. Although when we started, WoW was only seven years old. But still.
>>
>>30849854
Your cutie mark, or "Talent Markâ„¢" is like your class, like Combat, Healing, etc.

There is no main quest, just a whole shit ton of side quests, many of them quite long and quite complicated. The main quest will be slowly added to the game over time after release. That's the only planned DLC that I know of, but who knows what will happen in the future.

There is an entire, fully-featured Role Playing Game there for you to play, with quests to go on, dungeons to loot, wilderness to explore, monsters to slay, rare items to collect, leveling up to do, etc.

If you wish, you can ignore all of that, and treat the game as if it was just a 3D chatroom. That is also well-developed, with chatboxes, parties, friends lists, private messages, highly customizable characters, everything for all your roleplaying/shitposting/friendmaking needs.
>>
>>30850743
>>30850697
Sounds overwhelming. I'll probably just stick to pony.town if it's really that quest-heavy and my interactions with players will be blocked by endless "y'all gotta do this quest line to get here" walls
> dlc
Isn't this game free?
>>
>>30850772
If you don't like MMORPG's, then don't play Legends of Equestria. I don't know what else to tell you on that. And the added-on content will be free, just like the rest of the game.
>>
>>30850809
I play osrs, I only have enough time in my day to enjoy one mmo, as do most people. That's sort of the problem with the mmo market but at least you're filling a niche
>>
>>30850772
Haven't you heard? Content patches are called "free DLC" now. Consider it your daily reminder that companies owe you nothing, especially not a complete game, and if they choose to finish the product you paid actual money for, then that's nothing but pure generosity on their part.

Of course, most of this doesn't apply to free games like LoE, which makes it an awful shame that they've picked up this cancerous meme.
>>
>>30850819
>osrs
nigga Runescape is one of the the grindiest most time-consuming mmos there is.
>>
Does it work on gnu/linux though
>>
>>30852744
beat me to it. Also what are the hardware requirements?
>>
>>30850697
>>30850743
If I was the project leader then I'd order you faggots to point out all the flaws of the game in the most obvious way possible.
I do not accept my team shilling and dick sucking my shitty game which sucks ass. I hate liars and I love forcing them to tell the truth against their will.
>>
>>30853352
The Open Access Release is a lot like the Open Server Weekends, only it's the Open Server Weekends on fire, going 130 MPH through a hospital zone being chased by helicopters and ninjas. And the ninjas are all on fire, too.
>>
>>30840902
>trailer full of bugs
>release right before 9/11
I know what'll come crashing down harder than the Twin Towers.
>>
>>30853352
You see that castle? You can climb it.
>>
>>30853397
It just works.
>>
>>30853352
In Legends of Equestria, you can plant an acorn and watch it grow into an oak tree over the course of the game.
>>
>>30853352
There will be multiplayer, but the world of Legends of Equestria is so indescribably vast that the chances of you actually meeting another player are so astronomically small that it will probably never happen.
>>
>>30853417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVfxjyaRbvE
>>
Can't wait to get in-game and meet all the autistic over-saturated OCs.
>>
I got pretty excited when PonyTown first came out. It actually seemed like it'd be a way better concept than LoE. But it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere
>>
>>30853494
I miss Everfree Outpost
>>
>>30854023
The server is still up, and a few people still get on regularly to chat and occasionally build things. The engine rewrite I've been working on for about a year is close to being done, after which I hope to start making semi-regular updates again.
>>
>>30849854
>>30850743
Nice Black Pill there here is the Red Pill.

Everyday the LoE team is pushing for the release of the game and it is about making sure that this is a "Stable" release. Putting in framework which a game runs off of is not an easy task and always will have bugs in the system that must be addressed. This is where LoE Started and where they are finishing up.

Along with the Mechanics of the game, LoE staff have been fleshing out new dynamics and have been actively replacing "hold me" placeholders to bring in new aesthetics to the game as well. Of course the Aesthetics are always first to be noticed before anything else by the players.

So what is going on? As you know Talent Marks is something unique to the game and there will be many many quests that will flesh out your talents. This has been said in the forums, interview and faqs. LoE is working on fleshing out many I am sure and continuing to progress in adding in new content for the game. How ever, somethings have higher focus than others, rest assured there won't be anything to run out of to do in LoE any time soon.
>>
>>30850772
DLC lol no no no this game won't have DLC in context of how many thing of DLC. Go back, further back, OK too far back a bit foward. THERE> Expansion Packs.

As the Developers primary focus for the OAR is indeed to release a stable game, much content is put on the back burner for now as the focus should be in preparation of release. So all that cut content that was put on the back burner will just be released in updates latter down the road when focus can then transferred to it.

In other words, you have to work systematically to get things done other wise you will be stretched too thin and nothing gets done.
>>
>>30854568
>>30854603
Ok but is there a linux build? It's unity right so it should be easy yea? I can always hop back to windows but it's a little annoying to do every time
>>
>>30853494
>Ponytown
I kinda stopped playing when they added the email verification thing. How is it?
>>
>>30850743
You guys didn't fuck up the classes and races right? Obviously a unicorn will have a harder time being a tank because heavy armour will be heavier than if worn by a earth pony, but they could cast spells to buff there own armour. Also hope you went with a strength bar instead of stamina and mana. It would be easier to program and make more sense, a unicorn obviously shouldn't be able to sprint after it's used all its strength to cast spells. All the races could easily be medics as well, though unicorn would be the best. You'd just need to have the other races craft healing items, this would also help increase there crafting ablity too.
>>
>>30854721
LoE Team has many whom test with Linux. At the current moment it is a bit behind with the windows version but all versions will be up to date by the time of the OAR. Rest assured you will be able to play LoE on your OS.
>>
>>30854774
yay. What about hardware requirements? I don't imagine they'd be anything even near intensive, right?
>>
>>30854787
The game isn't really that intensive though that is why the LOE team is constantly testing to makes sure that all players will be able to enjoy the game. There is allot of things in LoE hence why the focus remains on making the most stable build for release that the LoE team can. The actual minimal requirements will be listed upon release.

As long as your machine isn't a relic, then I am sure you will be fine.
>>
>>30854738
Pony Town's fine. They just need to expand their map space, add a few locations, paths leading off-screen that take you to different subsidiary servers with different locales.
LoE should've just been 3D Pony Town and nothing else. Just update with bug fixes, more customization and world expansion if necessary.
>>
>>30854840
Are character names locked once taken?
Am I going to have to ninja reserve a name I want if I think it's likely to get 'stolen' or can multiple ponies share the same name?
>>
>>30854943
Character Names are not locked, they are tied to the players account so we do know who is who playing the game. Mods and Admins can see what account each character is associated with. So it might be very possible to see 300 Pinkie Pie's running about and there be no copyright issues due to players choosing the names. However do be aware that LOE will not tolerate any form of account abuse including explicit use of character names.

So you don't have to worry about parking or reserving a name.
>>
>>30855143
Okay, cool. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>>30855154
No problems.
>>
File: Anonfilly.png (1MB, 681x845px) Image search: [Google]
Anonfilly.png
1MB, 681x845px
Can I be a LITTLE filly on this game?
>>
File: 3821674.gif (198KB, 560x526px) Image search: [Google]
3821674.gif
198KB, 560x526px
>>30855207
Most likely.
>>
>>30855207
Simple answer is yes.
>>
>>30854884
>LoE should've just been 3D Pony Town and nothing else

We'll remove all the quests and characters just for you.
>>
Definitely gonna have a superfoal character.
>>
>>30855143
> no fun allowed
Seriously what's the point? You expect anyone to care about this relic? You wasted how many years on developing this game? People don't care anymore at a time when the fandom is at it's lowest point. I really want to know what caused the disconnect that team has with reality
> "yea so we got a ton of traffic during our open beta weekends where it's just a glorified chatroom with cute ponies"
> "I know, we'll delay the game for a few years to add npcs, quests, and some sort of combat system that no one really asked for"
> "brilliant"
It'll look good on your resumes if you have the courage to talk about the pony mmo you helped put together, but I really think the hype is lost and you should have just done rolling releases when the interest was high. Especially if you're going to have nazi mods as bad as the old republic
>>
>>30856734
Our mods aren't nazis, they're communists
>>
>>30840902
looks god awful, its like they haven't improved at all
>>
>>30857562
It's all shot at low-res, isn't it?
>>
>>30859386
Yes. There's a note in the video description saying it was recorded on a toaster. Which of course raises the question of why they didn't get someone with a decent computer to record their promotional materials.
>>
>>30842527
thats what the private Woosh server is for.
>>
neat
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.