[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of them has less of a personality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18

File: Cadance and Starlight.png (539KB, 1988x1126px) Image search: [Google]
Cadance and Starlight.png
539KB, 1988x1126px
Which of them has less of a personality?
>>
>>30825755
Celestia.
>>
>>30825755

Glimmer.

Cadance actually has an attachment to another creature.
>>
I hate Glimmer but I have to say Cadance.
>>
Sunset Shitter
>>
>>30825755
We have seen more of Starlight then of Cadence in recent seasons, and personally Cadence seems to be more of a generic princess character, in my personal opinion. So to me at least, Cadence would have less of a personality.
>>
>>30825755
I was going be cheeky and say the baby, but I realized even without a developed brain or speech she actually has a more prominent personality than either of those two.

That's fucking sad.
>>
>>30825766

You what.
>>
>>30825766
>Glimmerniggers are this jealous of a successful character
>>
>>30825790
Glimmer is already surpassing her in popularity, but nice try
>>
>>30825755
Cadence is one of the most hollow, undeveloped characters in the whole show.
>>
>>30825800
>source: my ass
>>
>>30825806
Getting more new fanart on DB than Sunshit now, for the first time. The difference will keep growing
>>
>>30825851
But where is your proofs
>>
File: boop_in_3d.jpg (150KB, 986x985px) Image search: [Google]
boop_in_3d.jpg
150KB, 986x985px
>>30825790
Wrong, silly man. Our waifu is canon, something the S*nshitterfags can never say.
>>
>>30825965
DB, faggot, look it up yourself
>>
>>30825755
What exactly is the point of this bait? Far as I understand, personality is HOW the character acts, while actual "character" is WHY the character acts. Personality does not equal depth.
For example, Tirek has a lot of personality, but he's still flat as fuck.
>>
>>30825762
Glimmer is attached to Trixie all the time.
>>
>>30825998
The point is: both of them are extremely bland and unappealing.
>>
>>30825755
Both are shit in terms of personality, but at least Cadance isn't Mary Sue OC and has decent design. I vote Starlyt
>>
>>30826067
>isn't a mary sue and has a decent design

Anon, i hate Starlight as much as any sane person. But I remember the times when Cadance appeared. It was a shitstorm. Not only Hasbro made a big fuck you to Faust headcanon of Alicorns being very rare and unique, but they also introduced a very bland alicorn with shitty over the top candy design. Especially those awful highlights.

And Cadance is also a Mary Sue by being both an Alicorn and ruler of entire kingdom without any major struggle or explanation on how did she deserved to be a princess.
>>
File: todayillremindthem.jpg (729KB, 1808x1672px) Image search: [Google]
todayillremindthem.jpg
729KB, 1808x1672px
>>30825851
No, she fucking doesn't. She only has more added images when a new episode featuring her is released, and it's all screencaps. Normally, or when BOTH have new material, Sunset wins by a long shot.
>>
File: face.gif (439KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
face.gif
439KB, 500x211px
>>30826067
>but at least Cadance isn't Mary Sue OC
>isn't Mary Sue OC
>>
>>30825755
Cadence has less of a personality than Glimmer but that also means she has less of a chance of being an annoying one. A lot of Glimmer's character is badly written.
>>
File: 1491057626135s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491057626135s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
The one that cantdance
>>
>>30826009
being a cock sleeve doesn't count
>>
>>30826389
and what does that make maud?
>>
They are both good pones OP!

>>30825761
This
>>
>>30826488
a buttplug
>>
File: IMG_0373.png (63KB, 277x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.png
63KB, 277x350px
>>30825755
>comparing background princess to literally the most interesting and nuanced character on the show
>>
>>30826328
Cadence does have a personality
in the comics though
>>
>>30826738
Fucking kill yourself. Your waifu is only there because the show runners fucked up the main six characters so bad they needed another twilight who could "learn friendship lessons"
>>
Considering could be described in one noun phrase as "a princess who loves Shining Armour and rules the Crystal Empire for some reason", Cadance. Durr.
>>
File: 1479073484378.jpg (5KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479073484378.jpg
5KB, 251x240px
>>30826738
>mfw even the show itself shat on Glimmer, calling her a Twilight clone
How will Glimmershits even recover
>>
>>30826738
GAS
>>
>>30826067
>Not a mary sue
>Dubious background, being loved by literally everyone except some jelly witch
>Became an Alicorn as soon as she was introduced (book)
>Niece of Celestia
>Ruler of an empire
>Friends with the most important M6 member before she even had actual friends
>100% unique magic
>Not a Mary Sue

At least Starlight had to actually use tools to do her time shit. Aside from her being OP because "muh talent", she's nothing special beyond it.
>>
File: retarded background pony.png (151KB, 420x449px) Image search: [Google]
retarded background pony.png
151KB, 420x449px
>>30825755
depends, retardation is personality?
>>
>>30825755
A more developed personality doesn't mean that a character's less frustrating to watch. Starlight is ultimate proof of that.
>>
File: 1472757908513.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1472757908513.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>30827530
>gets kidnapped and imprisoned immediately
if Starlight were in Cadance's position, i bet she would have broken free, overpowered the guards, and save the crystal empire singlehandedly.
>>
>>30825755
Let's see
>Reasonably developed backstory
>Friends with Maud, Sunburst, Trixie, Spike and Twilight, special chemistries with several others
>Has a few minor quirks
Versus
>Lore-breaking alicorn princess, no backstory (in the show) aside from being Twilight's foalsitter
>Friends with basically everyone in the same mundane way
>"Likes to get away from the dull life from time to time"
Glimmy is still a poor character but many times better than Cadance hands down.
>>
>>30825755
Cadance by far
>>
File: medium (1).jpg (44KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
medium (1).jpg
44KB, 800x472px
>>30826009
Mm sweetie
>>
File: hue.png (183KB, 432x460px) Image search: [Google]
hue.png
183KB, 432x460px
>>30830577
Dubs confirm.
>>
>>30825755
Hm... Cadence never had one to begin with. Starlight lost hers when she was reformed. In which case, Starlight has less because she has negative personality.
>>
>>30830126
So was Celestia and the majority of the cast the second time around AFTER they had their first experience with Changelings showing up.
Seriously, everyone seems stupid around dealing with horse flies because plot.
>>
>>30825755
Cadance, but that's because the writers are too moronic to give her a proper background. I mean, the only thing we know about her past is on the books. And not a lot of people read them.
>>
>>30825755
Cadence, Glimmer is a shitty character but at least she has a character, Cadence is a shallow OC
>>
>>30826067
>Cadence
>personality
>pink alicorn of love is a good design
Cadence was literally ground zero, everything about her screams toy insert like her Ken doll of a husband and her special snowflake daughter
>>
>>30830577
she enslaved a community and tried to kill twilight and end the world all because her friend got into a special school and she didn't. what about that is reasonable.
>>
>>30827530
mary sues are proxies for self insertion or wish fulfillment, Cadence being miss perfection was done for marketing reasons, like a mascot she is perfect so she can appeal to as many people as possible and sell more toys, since she is not a protagonist they don't need to worry about making her interesting.
>>
>>30830842
I said realistically developed, not realistic period. There's also the part where she breaks down because her only childhood friend abruptly deserts her. Don't get me wrong: it's still a very strange leap from the one to the other, but at least we know the cause, and it's something that still plays into her character from time to time. (Also she only wanted severe retaliation on Twilight personally, she never intended to destroy the world.)
>>
>>30830865
reasonable* not realistic, but you get my drift I'm sure
>>
>>30830577
She has the worst backstory I can remember in a cartoon, losing contact with a childhood friend and never trying to contact him again or move on with her life, dedicating her entire existence to revenge and somehow becoming as powerful as a fucking alimony princess who was trained by fucking god
>>
>>30830865
her friend didn't desert her. he was literally just going to school. if she was that messed up about her friend going to school then she needs help from a doctor, not a friendship princess.
how does it play into her character? (this is only partially me being obnoxious; i stopped watching all the episodes after season 5 so i've only seen a few.)
also.... yeah she kind of did? she knew damn well what twilight and her friends had done for equestria and by stopping them from ever becoming friends she knew at least to SOME extent that the world would be shit without them.
whatever. whether her story checks out or not, at least we can agree it's shit.
>>
>>30830872
Holy shit can you guys not read? I said "reasonably developed", which, even if it makes no sense, is still many times better than Cadance's, of whom we only know that she used to be Twilight's foalsitter and is now an alicorn for some reason. And the only reason Starlight had the upper hand in the S5 finale, was because she had her hands on a spell that enabled her to go back in time and a) prepare for anything Twilight could have done to her and b) hold the most important event of the series as a hostage. You can't win against these odds no matter how powerful you are.

I'm sure that, if we had some good writers, we could have a great flashback episode about some absurd turn of events involving Starlight that could have actually led to the history at hand. I understand that this isn't a valid objection and right now it still makes very little sense.
>>
File: 1498000872692.png (2MB, 1049x925px) Image search: [Google]
1498000872692.png
2MB, 1049x925px
bronies are fucking retarded niggers
>>
>>30830892
m8 she could levitate herself long periods of time and casually dodge Twilight's beams like it was nothing, hell even peforming the time spell is already a pretty big deal considering how casual most unicorns are
>>
>>30830881
>just going to school
Nigga what? He was sent to the other end of Equestria to go to a school for gifted unicorns without so much as a farewell. He was literally torn out of her life, but then again I guess you could argue that if that was so, they couldn't really have been such close friends in the first place.

The way it plays into her character is how she solves he problems. Every Little Thing She Does, All Bottled Up and A Royal Problem all feature Starlight trying to get out of a mess by using crude magical spells to brute force a solution. I can even go so far as to say it's her defining character trait, which isn't a compliment by the way. The other thing she has going for her is her soft approach to converting bad guys - most visibly at the end of the S6 finale - which is caused by the demolition of the wall she has built around herself. Just look at how close she was to getting to Chrysalis's heart.

She was definitely trying to irreversibly turn the world into a much shittier place, yeah. But I do think she was overwhelmed by irrational anger, as in the final alternate future she actually understood what consequences her lust for revenge would have. What that means is that, if she had gone through with her plan, she wouldn't have been happy with the outcome. So I'll leave in the middle whether or not she deliberately plotted to destroy the world.
>>
>>30830911
Yeah I'll give you that. She's absurdly adept at certain forms of magic. I guess the writers let her learn levitation because the episode was set in Cloudsale and then just kind of rolled with it. By the way can she teleport? I forgot.
>>
>>30830955
Can't remember, we also have the other spells she did through season 6 but it could be Twilight teaching them as part of the friendship lessons
>>
>>30830936
Starlight's interactions can be summed up as awkward laughter and head scratches
>>
>>30825755
Cadence.

Glimmer at least has her villain side, as bad as it still was. And she only exists because of Hasbro made alicorn royalty that fucks up everything the show staff worked tirelessly to build. So, she only really exists because ofthe former.
>>
>>30830984
Yeah it's pretty awful when he's acting like that. It's exactly the same as Sunset Shimmer too. But I guess that's what you have to do when you led a cult village and almost destroyed the world.
>>
>>30825755
I'd say Glimmer has less of a personality than Cadence simply because of screen time. Cadence has little to no screen time so its only natural she had no chance to show her personality. But we've seen so much of Glimmer yet she has nothing going for her. Not even an accent or anything.
>>
>>30827569
it is, for you
>>
>>30831080
>she has nothing going for her.
she likes kites
>>
File: 1492967506960.png (274KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492967506960.png
274KB, 720x720px
>>30826738
This. Glimmer is unironically the most interesting and nuanced character in the show.
>>
>>30831566
her "personality" is only carried by those she's stapled to
>>
>>30831566
You need more than just shitpost and memes to prove your argument.
>>
>>30831678
finding psychopaths sexy is not an arguement
>>
>>30831639
>implying its not just shitposters memeing hard
Same shit happened with Shimmer last year
>>
File: 1494456887657.png (617KB, 873x835px) Image search: [Google]
1494456887657.png
617KB, 873x835px
>>30831694
So you agree she's on the psychopathy spectrum, a unique and defining personality trait.

Seems she's an interesting character.
>>
>>30831712
she is a character that has been handled horribly
S6 should have been her having an episode dedicated to her and one of the mane6 at a time
instead, we got the mindrape episode
there was no integration between her and the mane6, she's just... there
they call her a friend, but we have hardly seen her actually interact with them
in whatever episodes she is in, she's carried through it by the character that is stapled to her

she was the one who would remind herself of her fuck ups, then she'd feel sorry for herself, trying to get pity from the audience
no one in ponyville knows what she did, she literally got a fresh start
it's a "woe is me, I need you to feel sorry for me" thing and that doesn't work
a good redemption arc has the character reminded of their fuck ups from other characters, not themselves
they work with those they fucked over and does things to prove that they have changed
Starlight moved away from "our town" and has only shown up there twice
in both cases, she's instantly forgiven and in the second time, she was put in charge of the festival there
she hasn't proven to them that she actually changed
Discord and Sunset were ridiculed by everyone around them, made mistakes and proved to all that they have changed for the better, forging actual friendships with the mane6 (and EqG6)

Starlight has a very long ways to go before I'll even consider her a decent character (she was "meh" in Mirror Magic)
right now, she sticks out like a sore thumb and (to me) too much time has passed for them to really be able to fix her
all we know about her in 2.5 seasons is that her friend moved away (making her a villain), she can mix magic spells and likes kites
>>
>>30825755
Glimmer
>creative
>smart
>blunt
>brash
>cynical
>lacks empathy
>prone to emotional outbursts

Cadance
>shes ... nice?
>>
File: 1431791784400.gif (1MB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
1431791784400.gif
1MB, 320x232px
>>30831857
This is guy gets it.
>>
File: glimmer-cancer.jpg (713KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glimmer-cancer.jpg
713KB, 1920x1080px
>>30831566
>unironically
>>
>>30832785
This. What an absurd OP. Makes you wonder if he even watches the show.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.