[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The climax of the movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: Capper.png (56KB, 340x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capper.png
56KB, 340x350px
As I posted earlier I saw an early screening of the movie yesterday thanks to a connection with Mike Vogel. If you want to know the climax here it is:

The mane 7, Celaeno, and Capper are sailing over the desert when Capper sees the ship from the prequel comic. He goes down to explore it but then after putting two and two together, he realizes that Chummer died in the crash. Feeling guilt, he decides that going his separate way is what's best, and that freindship is what caused Chummer to branch off and essentially commit suicide. Twilight aggressively tries to get him to stay, but it only angers Capper. So he abandons the group to finally achieve being the nobleman he's always wanted to be.

Without Capper's street smarts (which neither Twilight nor Celaeno have around this area) they take a wrong turn and are captured by the Storm King, Grubber, and Tempest. They are taken back to a now near-apocalyptic Canterlot, where they are set to cease Twilight of her magic. They realize that the Storm King has the amulet that the group has been looking for all along, which is the very thing that steals magic, and they distract TSK to confiscate it. They use it to suck everything out of Tempest, and then the Storm King. But it doesn't work.
>>
It is then revealed that The Storm King had ironically been planning to use it to steal magic from Tempest all along in the end, and he reveals that he was the one who caused the not "accident" that killed Tempest's parents and broke her horn. Grubber takes back the amulet and gives it to the Storm King, who becomes more powerful. Celaeno figures out that the reason it didn't work to steal SK's magic was that it wasn't in Twi's nature as the princess of friendship to harm Tempest like that, a pony who still has good in her, rendering the amulet usless to her origin. The group gets angry at Twi and everyone abandons her and Tempest in Canterlot. This is the point in which Tempest is reformed, through the song "Ballad of a Princess".
>>
>suicide

stopped reading there
>>
>>30790994
That's my interpretation moron.
>>
Tell us more!

Can you tell me specifically about how much the Sia pony plays a role in this film? & why would the mane 6 leave twilight? Doesn't sound like something they'd do, so how do they reunite?
>>
>>30791182
Sia is a recurring character like Gazelle in Zootopia. Rainbow Dash uses her loyalty to convince the Mane 5 to rescue Twilight and Tempest who are trapped in Canterlot. Returning the favor basically from all the times Twilight's saved them.
>>
>>30791222
Thanks for your answer. More questions if that's okay, do you remember how any of the songs go lyric wise?

And about Twilight/Tempest getting caught and left, any reason why the Mane 5 leave them there in the first place, just because they're mad? (How do they escape the SK)

Also one more and I'm done! What are the pirate birds roles/what are they like and how are they introduced? Any stand out new characters for you?
>>
File: Trixie fucking dies.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Trixie fucking dies.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>30790994
haha yeah
Suicide in a little girl's show?
That would NEVER EVER happe-
>>
>>30791276
Storm King has no use for the Mane 5 but he entraps Twilight for later use in his favor, but leaving Tempest was something he would regret later.

The new characters are for the most part really good. Storm King is a lot like Lord Business, Tempest is actually a well written character, and Grubber is at least competent (but sometimes funny). Celaeno and Capper have depth to them, and while the sea ponies are really just plot devices, they are fun. Sia's character is basically Gazelle from Zootopia.
>>
>>30791307
Thank you, I really hope you're legit, because I'm really looking forward to this movie It's the only thing stopping me from killing myself at the moment.

I'm glad to hear all the new characters aren't just one note. What's your favourite scene or song?
>>
>>30791307

What is the Tempest / Grubber dynamic like? Does he ever make her laugh?
>>
>>30791315
"Avenge the Day". It's an AWESOME villain song.

>>30791320
Tempest likes Grubber overall. They work well together.
>>
I got some questions about Spike ,can I ask them if you don't mind?
>>
File: 1477247707294.jpg (786KB, 2000x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1477247707294.jpg
786KB, 2000x1141px
>>30790897
>Everyone abandons Twilight for doing the right thing
>again
Can't wait for her to become the next villain.
>>
1How was awesome Spike was in the movie?

2Did he to get mad at Twilight and abandon her too?

3Did he get jealous of Capper?

4Did he get the hang of his pufferfish form?
>>
>>30790897
Is this "amulet" is what Celestia sends the Mane 6 to go get from the seaponies?

What about his Staff? Didn't that have some fancy name? And what about the hippogriff Pearl of Transformation? Does it have any relevance to the plot?
>>
>>30791339
Care to share more insight on the Avenge the Day song? Any lyric snippets or scenes you remember?

Tell us more about the pirate birds too. Do they work for the Storm King and change, or are they rebels from the start?
>>
>>30790883
How much Starlight was in it?
>>
File: StarlightSmug.png (942KB, 8000x5867px) Image search: [Google]
StarlightSmug.png
942KB, 8000x5867px
>>30791413
Enough for some suicide in the movie.
>>
>>30791399
They used to work for the Storm King but became rebels over time before the movie, however they are now in deep water (no pun intended) with TSK now that he has power over the lands.
>>
>>30790897
So does the Storm King get reformed or just defeated?
>>
>>30791379
1. Pretty awesome

2. No. Actually he was abandoned with Twilight and Tempest.

3. For one scene

4. Yeah (and yeah there were jokes about it).

>>30791394
1. Yeah but wasn't discovered to be that thing until the climax.

2. The staff is relevant at the very end. The pearl is originally thought to be the McGuffin in desire but turned out to be the green amulet.
>>
>>30791399
Avenge the Day is Tempest comparing her fucked up past to Twilight's path of ease. She grows more infuriated and vicious to Twilight and is one step closer to flat out killing her. Storm King has a supporting role in the song.
>>
>>30791577
He dies.
>>
>>30791590

>2. The staff is relevant at the very end. The pearl is originally thought to be the McGuffin in desire but turned out to be the green amulet.

You mean the misfortune malachite ?
>>
>>30791651
Yeah
>>
>>30791699
Pretty sure the mifortune malachite was destroyed by storm king in the prologue book
>>
What types of power does the Storm King have?
>>
>>30791714
He can control the weather. That's about it really.
>>
>>30791719
That seems like a pretty shitty power against pegasus.
>>
>>30791733
Unless it's like the Everfree weather.
>>
>>30791733
His control over the weather is vastly more powerful than the pegasi, he actually completely destroys Cloudsdale with it
>>
>>30791699

Thanks for prove yourself like a liar.

That one was destroyed both in comic and book
>>
>>30791746
Was EverFree weather uncontrollable or did pegasus just not want to fly over it?
>>
>>30791747
>>30791747
Does Dash's house survive?!
>>
>>30791762
No.
>>
>>30791756
It survived dumbass.
>>
>>30791775
What, did Storm King piece it back together or something?
>>
File: real leak.png (390KB, 573x301px) Image search: [Google]
real leak.png
390KB, 573x301px
>>30791775

>survived

Strike two, OP
>>
File: 1417809933561.jpg (62KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1417809933561.jpg
62KB, 500x403px
>>30791747

This is becoming more and more ludicrous by the minute. First you say that the Storm King is responsible for Tempest's accident, even though it was clearly caused by an Ursa; the malachite somehow survives being crushed; and now the Storm King destroys Cloudsdale with weather magic? Would Hasbro allow a major location like that to be annihilated without any kind of replacement?
>>
>>30791719
>>30791799
Actually, thats strike 3. The storm king can turn people into stone.
>>
>>30791866

Which was probably lifted from that Dabura character from Dragon Ball Z.

Fairly certain Tempest is the one who takes out Celestia and Luna, anyways. For one, we see a glimpse of Luna's statue in that leaked scene, before the camera was lowered. And the Storm King is calling Tempest in regards to it.
>>
>>30791866

That would probably be a lie to. The illustrated book show how some magic orb turn the princess(Cadence) into stone.
>>
>>30791895
And it was Tempest doing the stoning, not Storm King himself.
>>
>>30791807
Idiot that wasn't me who said the Storm King used only weather to destroy. That part is false.
>>
ITT: Everyone trolled hard
>>
>>30791951

Right. And how do you account for the other two inconsistences? Again, Tempest has the memory of being swiped by an Ursa Minor, hitting a cave wall and having her horn broken off. Unless the Storm King planted said memory inside of her to cover for something else -- which I highly doubt -- it's proof that you're blowing smoke out of your ass.
>>
>>30791958
>make troll thread
>people call you out as a troll
>I trolled you so hard!!!!!!!
Only pretending?
>>
>>30790883
>Death in a my little pony movie implied or otherwise
No
>>
>>30792112
Explain Applejack's parents
>>
>>30792117
They are sleeping.
>>
>>30791590
Did Spike\Rarity have a heartwarming scene?Also what did Spike do that was awesome?

Did you enjoy the movie?
>>
>>30791289
>People still think that was suicide
>>
>>30792260
Spike was useful to the plot. Will leave it there. Spike/Rarity wasn't really in the movie.

And yeah I loved it.
>>
>>30792466
Were their shiptease between Capper\Rarity like some people being saying or they just became friends.

Did Twilight\Spike have adorable moments like they have in the show?
>>
>>30792332
Suicide attempt.
>>
File: DashWat.png (249KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DashWat.png
249KB, 1920x1440px
>>30792466
>Spike was useful to the plot.
>>
>>30792466
So what was the princesses excuse for not helping the main 6?
>>
This plot seems far too complicated and nuanced to sell to little kids and the Chinese market
>>
Wow no Spike\Rarity moments not even friendship ones. My friend fan of they two he might be disappointed. But he still might go see the movie.
>>
This make's it sound like Twilight is the Protagonist as usual, with Rarity and Rainbow sharing the Duertagonist spot and having major relationships with some of the new characters.. and the others just kind of being there.
>>
>>30790897
this is the best ending.
>>
>>30790897
Wait, so Twilight's super good, best friends abandon her? That seems... highly unlikely. Like, the Canterlot wedding is one thing, but come on, what do they expect to accomplish by ditching her, angry or not?
I'm starting to think the Mane6 are shit friends.
>>
>>30790883
>I saw an early screening of the movie yesterday thanks to a connection with Mike Vogel
And my uncle is John Gamefreak. I didn't know you also had fake leaks, /mlp/
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.