[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Common Combat and Warfare in the FiM Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 1501733711863.png (668KB, 979x718px) Image search: [Google]
1501733711863.png
668KB, 979x718px
Can we have a "realistic" conversation about how combat works in the FiM universe?

Every form of combat. Common one-on-one unarmed street fights between two colts or young stallions. Street gang skirmishes between mixed ethnic and racial groups. Conventional warfare between two or more major king/queendoms. asymmetrical warfare between any number of nations sending their spies and their military saboteurs to disrupt the war machines of their rivals. Paramilitary warfare being conducted in an attempt to empower a group of rebels and/or overthrow a sovereign ruler or government. Terrorist operations to subdue and psychologically conquer a civilian population.

Keeping in mind the limits of the various races in the FiM universe, what would actual physical conflict look like?

Some basic presumptions (feel free to challenge these if they're not correct):
>Ponies are mostly unified
>Earth ponies are hardier than others, but lack the ability to use many tools/weapons because no hands and no magic
>Pegasis ponies are (among ponies) superior in the sky, but they too lack the ability to use many tools and weapons
>Unicorn ponies can use MANY tools and weapons as well as a variety of offensive spells, but are probably physically weak as a result of their reliance on magic; glass cannons

cont...
>>
File: 1501718198394.png (217KB, 572x521px) Image search: [Google]
1501718198394.png
217KB, 572x521px
...cont

>Griffons are the superior aerial combatants. They can use their claws (hands) and they have talons and large-cat claws (natural short blades). They can use a lot of weapons and tools and are physically strong.
>Dragons are VERY strong and have claws that can manipulate weapons and tools to a degree, but with power and not great precision. Their only mastery of magic is their fire breath, which is powerful, but limited in its applicability.
>Donkeys/mules are basically low-level Earth ponies. Pretty much uglier and less intelligent Earth Ponies, but are tribalistic and difficult to infiltrate from a social point.
>Minotars are very strong in their upper body, not very strong in their lower body, but have endurance. They have hands that can accurately manipulate fine tools and weapons. However they're only of average intelligence. They've generally got good charisma though and can infliltrate out-groups with greater ease.

I'm mostly out of the loop past mid season 3, but if any of these presumptions seems off base or is lacking in information, please suggest your corrections. Also other races with their general attributes.

Anything about the physical combat potential and realities of the creatures in the FiM world: post it here.
>>
>>30787972
Why would Earth Ponies not be able to use tools or weapons? Why would they design them like that in the first place? I think it's fair to assume that Earth Ponies and Pegasi would have weapons that they can actually fucking use.
>>
Or perhaps she is wondering why would someone shoot a mare before throwing her out of a hot air ballon
>>
>>30787972
Earth pony vs Earth pony would involve them rearing on their hind legs and either using their front hooves or entire bodyweight to brute force their opponent into submission. These fights generally leave both participants in a very bad shape.
Sort of like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU4xW79ASsg
Skip to 1:10
>>
File: 1501292204852.png (75KB, 540x254px) Image search: [Google]
1501292204852.png
75KB, 540x254px
>>30787980
>I think it's fair to assume that Earth Ponies and Pegasi would have weapons that they can actually fucking use.
I agree, but I think the tools and weapons they'd be able to use with proficiency would mostly be simple and limited in their use due to the lack of fine articulation an Earth or Pegasus pony can employ with these tools.

>>30787983
>These fights generally leave both participants in a very bad shape.
I've only been in a few, but generally that's how it goes for us too.

I imagine they'd use their rear-leg kick for a 'power attack' when the opportunity arises too.

>>30787982
>pic related
>>
Those are big assumptions
>>
File: Samuel Rodriguez.jpg (111KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Samuel Rodriguez.jpg
111KB, 1024x640px
>>30787972
Just thinking about a griffon handling a sword while using it's mighty wings to move and dodge very fast while in combat should send most warriors a chill down their spine

Now if they could somehow enchant their weapons, so they can use magic to a certain degree while in the battlefield...I'd go to Equestria to do just that
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.