[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw the MLP Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_0668.jpg (501KB, 800x1216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
501KB, 800x1216px
My friend is tight with Mike Vogel so we got an early screening.

I'd give it a solid 8 or 8.5/10. I won't give out massive spoilers but remember that look-and-see book that was leaked a few weeks ago? The movie follows that but in a much different sense. Borrows a bit from season openers and finales but also has enough that's unconventional for MLP to feel like a legit movie. Animation is fantastic and so are the songs. Is pretty fast paced and action-oriented but there are surprisingly emotional moments.

You can ask me any question but I will hide any spoilers.
>>
My uncle works for Mike Vogel so I got an early screening.

I'd give it a solid 9. I won't give out any spoilers but remember that movie trailer that was released a few weeks ago? The movie follows that but in a much different sense. A lot of the scenes are way longer, containing characters from season openers and finales but also has new characters that're unconventional for MLP; it feels like a legit movie. Animation is fantastic and so are the songs. Is pretty fast paced and action-oriented but there are surprisingly emotional moments. Basically, it's everything to everyone and all anyone would ask for.

You can ask me any question but I won't respond because I'm also making all of this up.
>>
>>30785910
this.
>>
>>30785910
Faggot
>>
>>30785857
Do you think it will be disregarded by critics as a generic kids movie or does the narrative actually have something unique about it?
>>
>>30785857
Are the CMC or Glimmer relevant in any way beyond cameos? Is this just a shit post anon?
>>
>>30785960
It actually has a unique narrative. The message to sum up is that It's hard to teach friendship to those you hate, but necessary.. Thankfully it isn't reliant on toilet humor and pop culture references (although in MLP fashion there are some). Has quite a bit of meta humor too but isn't a laugh out loud movie.
>>
>>30785857
Does the cat have a barbed dick and does he penetrate Rarity AKA WORST PONY with it?
>>
>>30785974
CMC have a couple speaking lines but Starlight has none I think..
>>
>>30785995
There is literally no romance in the movie. Yes Capper becomes Rarity's best friend but any ships are basically fan fiction at this point.
>>
>>30786023
You didn't answer what I asked, though.
>>
>>30785910
My spirit animal is Mike Vogel so I got an early screening.

I'd give it a solid 7. I won't give out massive spoilers but remember that look-and-see book that was leaked a few weeks ago? The movie follows that but in a much different sense. Borrows a bit from season openers and finales but also has enough that's unconventional for MLP to feel like a legit movie. Animation is fantastic and so are the songs. Is pretty fast paced and action-oriented but there are surprisingly emotional moments.

You can ask me any question but I will sob uncontrollably.
>>
>>30786028
Rarity gets fucked harder by Tempest desu.
>>
>>30786043
Nobody cares anon
>>
>>30786023

>Yes Capper becomes Rarity's best friend

That don't stop to the lyra x bonbon shippers, Rarity will have a lot of BARBED fanart thanks to this
>>
>>30785857
fake and gay
>>
>>30786090
Fuck off, relicariox.
>>
>>30785857
How is the balance in focus between the different characters? Do the writers seem to be playing favorites?
>>
Who is your favorite and least favorite new (celebrity-voiced) character? Does Spike do anything?
>>
>>30785857
is ponyville just all not engaged or do they play a part in defeating the villain? also: you mentioned it's hard to teach friendship to those you hate... so is there also multiple villains or is it just the one? basically will it be like star wars seven where it's just all sort of a.d.d.?
>>
>>30786112
Beginning is somewhat Twilight heavy but other 5 have major role towards second half.

As for the new characters, Tempest has the most screen time, but Storm King becomes a more prevalent villain starting with the climax. Grubber is basically Michael Peña being Michael Peña but has a role in planning out the attack on Equestria. Celaeno and Capper are lost souls in need of friendship and the sea ponies are kind of plot devices but still really fun. Songbird is Gazzelle with slightly more screentime.
>>
Were there Spike\Rarity moments and how was his duet with Twilight?
>>
>>30785857
That's disappointing.
>>
Do the Mane 6 and Spike wear their pirates looks from the guardians of harmony toys?
>>
>>30786119
Spike plays the mentor/straight man role in this movie, so he's not useless. Not really a "Spike-empowerment" story either.

>>30786132
Sort of. The Mane 7 and the new characters are the ones saving the day but ponyville does contribute to the cause, because you know, friendship and all. I mean Ponyville has no experience in fighting so it makes sense.

As for the villians, Tempest gets reformed by Twilight during the "falling out" scene (thankfully not by force) in a pretty touching scene, Grubber gets reformed like Le Fou, and Storm King dies. Speaking of, SK was actually one of the funniest characters.
>>
>>30786153
Like one and it wasn't even romantic. The final "battle" wasn't like Twilight's Kingdom but was more strategic. However there are scenes in the movie which actually surpass the levels of that Tirek battle.

>>30786179
Yes.
>>
I know this is most likely fake and some anon bullshitting us but there is a part of me praying to God its actually real.
>>
>>30786184
I need a hat and sunglasses cause I want to see this now.
>>
>>30785857
Can you give a quick rundown of the songs? Like a basic title (even if it's not the official one and just based on the chorus you remember) and which character is signing.
>>
>>30785857
Please tell me the book was overstating how the other three Princesses get instantly worfed by Storm King and company? That's looking to be the single most retarded part of the plot right now.
>>
>>30786150
>other 5 have major role

The other 5 have major roles, or the other 5 have a major role?
>>
File: 52856315569_phixr.jpg (47KB, 317x299px) Image search: [Google]
52856315569_phixr.jpg
47KB, 317x299px
>taking the bait this hard

lmaoooo
>>
Does the seapony song have a shoo be doo?
>>
>>30786278
The first one is "Festival of Friendship" which was leaked in the website. It shows Twilight's progression from childhood to meeting friends in Ponyville to becoming a princess to current day.

Next song is "The Friendship Duet" which is a Twilight and Spike song mainly with some of the Mane 5. It ends with Capper singing too.

Then comes the Sia song which is currently unnamed but is believed to be either "Magician" or "Chasing Rainbows" and is a montage song (with some shots of Songbird Serenade).

Next is "Avenge the Day", an AWESOME Tempest Shadow song (with Storm King in the background). This should seriously be nominated for Best Original song. Not only that but the visuals are gorgeous and highly creative for this one. Well they are for all the songs but this is where it's the most apparent.

Then comes "Swim Higher" which of course is the seapony song. It's really catchy and contains both G1 and Little Mermaid references but also foreshadows at a key even later on.

Next is another leaked song, "Time to Be Awesome", which of course is Rainbow Dash and Captain Celaeno leading the pirate crew to battle against Tempest/Storm King. Capper provides a mini antithesis to this song as do the villains briefly. The instrumentals are fan-fucking tastic here and it's just powerful.

The final original song is "Ballad of a Princess" which is probably the deepest out of all of them, or at least as much as "Avenge the Day". This is the song that truly defines who Twilight is, but also features singing from Princess Celestia and Tempest.

Sia's song plays right before the movie ends but there is a credits song; "Off to See the World" by Lukas Graham, the song we heard in the trailer.

Overall Daniel Ingram knocked it out of the fucking park with this movie, and the score.
>>
>>30786293
Cadence is kind of irrelevant but Celestia and Luna put up a legit fight before being worfed. It's right before Twilight leaves to find the "hippos" is when they finally get stoned from Tempest's edgy weed.
>>
>>30786366
why would sia's song be played twice?
Did ingram do the instrumentation for sia's song or is it a literal sia song thrown in a pony movie?
>>
what happens right after the party cannon pops up here> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE50gSuFqDU
>>
>>30786366
>"The Friendship Duet"... Capper singing too.

Huh, he shows up that early in the movie? Before the Sia song? I figured they would wait until the ponies left Equestria and made their way to Kludgetown before that character appears.
>>
>>30786392
>>30786386
>falling for it

idiots
>>
>>30786386
Sia'a song is played over a montage of the Mane 6 exploring different places but is also played at the end when the Festival of Friendship finally commences, though only the last part of the song before the movie ends with "MY LITTLE PONY: THE MOVIE".
>>
>>30786386
Not OP but it makes sense. The russian panel from way back revealed the villains would interrupt the song. So at the end, when the ponies redo the concert we would hear the full thing.
>>
>>30786398
it's entertaining, anon
>>
>>30786391
twilight fucking dies
>>
>>30786391
Remember that scene in the trailer when the cannon shot cake at Twilight? That happens right as the song is ending.
>>
>>30786391
it shoots a cake that lands on twilight, which we saw in the trailer
>>
>>30786410
>>30786411
Don't forget the 30 second promo clip that was released with the ending of the song showing the canon approaching.
>>
>>30785857

How manly is Tempest?
>>
>>30786184
Why and how does he die?
>>
>>30786423
More than Kylo Ren
>>
>>30786382
>put up a legit fight
I kind of doubt that, considering a legit fight would involve them stomping all over this circus.

Oh well, at least the writers tried.
>>
File: Leland.gif (500KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Leland.gif
500KB, 500x372px
>>30786437
>>
>>30786417
anon that's literally what those posts are in response to
>>
is applejack in it?
>>
>>30786436
After a long battle, the Mane 6 and Tempest trick the Storm King into giving up his staff. They give him a chance to convert to the light side, he almost does, but decides to stay evil. He attempts to steal the staff back but gets blasted off a cliff and pretty much dies in an explosion because the person who now wields the staff has the power. It's reminiscent of Claude Frollo's death combined with the intentions of Gaston's.

They decide to destroy the staff in the end.
>>
>>30786462
No. She's busy fucking Big Mac.
>>
>>30786468
who is the person that now wielded the staff?
>>
what was going on in this scene?
>>
>>30786481
Tempest Shadow
>>
>>30786492
A few minutes before the attack on Equestria
>>
>>30786492
he's probably introducing songbird serenade
>>
I am Mike Vogel so I got an early screening.

This movie is hot garbage. I won't give out massive spoilers but remember Equestria Girls? The movie is that bad but in a much different sense. It has enough that's unconventional for MLP to feel like a bad movie. Animation is distracting and so are the songs. Is pretty rushed and has no plot but there are surprisingly no attempts.

You can ask me any question but I will hide.
>>
>>30786204
Oh no it didn't had to be romantic on not but if you mind if I ask but what moment it was between Spike\Rarity?If you don't mind.

Also what awesome thing Spike did in the movie?
>>
I huffed a bunch of glue, so I had an early hallucination of this movie.

I'd give it a 9/10, but that's only because the demon twilight threatened to eat my balls if I didn't.
its surprisingly scary for a kids movie, what with the Ponies vomiting up their organs and killing each other, but I blame that on them doing drugs.
>>
>>30785857
I'm fuccboi McGee so I got in for free
It had friendship vibes n'shit. I was like, whoa brugh you made this make? an he was like: what'chu talkin' bout? and then I was like: oh shit mike, I forgot this wuz a dream like, whoa. but twilight wuz like: yo bruh you on that molly, and I wuz like: OH SHIT SPACE PONY! and they like, did some crazy ass, mutha truckin' ya mean? like, for realz.
>>
>>30786366
Fake and gay. The ponies meet the pirates before the sea ponies. Dash sings the song to inspire and motivate the pirates to help them reach their destination. KYS you larping faggot.
>>
>>30785857
This is real or fake?
>>
File: wikipedian_protester.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wikipedian_protester.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>30785857
How do we know you're telling the truth, and not pulling the old schoolyard argument tactic of "MY DAD WORKS AT NINTENDO U GUISE"?
>>
>>30786943
You have to be mentally 5 to think that this is legit.
>>
>>30786979
Shut up i'm a big boy
>>
One of my favorite moments is the Kirby reference.
>>
File: 1439955546446.png (68KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1439955546446.png
68KB, 250x230px
>>30786988
>twn be a kirby/mlp crossover

Why even live.
>>
What the awesome thing Spike did?
>>
>>30787024
he died, trust me my grandpa works at gamestop
>>
>>30787024
Fusion himself with a water,earth,light,dark and wind monsters
>>
>>30786366
>It shows Twilight's progression from childhood to meeting friends in Ponyville to becoming a princess to current day.
This is bullshit because you can tell that each of the girls gets a solo in the song based off of the instrumental.
This song is about preparing for the festival not Twilight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdfU1o6D_aw
>>
>>30786456
Why do people think the sisters are so powerful. It's been shown time and time again that twilight and glimmer have more raw power than them. Hell the tirek fight was all the alicorn power combined which amounts to a meh kamehameha
>>
File: 1497537999576.jpg (32KB, 416x366px) Image search: [Google]
1497537999576.jpg
32KB, 416x366px
>>30787074
I can' believe that an anon who know how to use spoiler feature is not actually telling the truth. I mean he might have not provided any sources of his claims, but he wrote all those line as spoilers!. Why would he lie?
>>
>>30785857
>we got an early screening
You know the rule. Post a screencap as proof or fuck off.

>inb4 I couldn't get to my phone
>inb4 they'd kick me out if I tried to
>inb4 they'd know who was leaking it if I did
>>
File: twili ooo.jpg (25KB, 387x360px) Image search: [Google]
twili ooo.jpg
25KB, 387x360px
>>30786366

The final original one sounds neat.
Is it like You'll Play Your Part?
>>
>gullible goobers responding as though this nigga isn't lying out of his ass
Where's your proof, bro?
>>
File: Untitledd.png (1MB, 1920x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledd.png
1MB, 1920x1032px
My Uncle is Mike Vogel so I got an early screening.

Starlight Glimmer dies at the end.
>>
>>30785857
Fake and gay
>>
>>30787337
>>30786871
>>30786097
but gay is (You)
>>
File: $.jpg (154KB, 1280x2275px) Image search: [Google]
$.jpg
154KB, 1280x2275px
>>30786112
That should be easy to figure out.
>>
>>30787480
Maybe it's cause I'm on mobile but I don't get it.
>>
>>30787464
WOOOOOOOOH
>>
>>30786468
This seems very reminiscent of Lion King 2 and Zira's death, actually. With Kovu being Tempest.
>>
>>30785857

So is Tempest ever called Fizzlepop in the film?
>>
>>30788494
The very end. Sort of brushed off as a joke.
>>
>>30788494
sadly, and she will never appear on the season 8
>>
>>30788497
You're still here, huh?

Would you say this movie is good enough for it to get a good rating at Rotten Tomatoes, which may convince more people to see it? Because so far people are only expecting a domestic opening weekend of around 11-15 million.
>>
>>30788508
Yes.
>>
>>30788520
You're probably just a shitty troll. Well we'll see if at least the OP was right once we hear the songs because that's the only thing he told us that couldn't have been deduced by what we already know about the movie (which is a lot).

Just another question in case you're actually legit: What is Capper's backstory in the movie? Is it mentioned at all? Today's comic said he grew up as an orphan on the streets of Abyssinia, but the official description says he used to be a nobleman. Which one is it now?
>>
>>30788530
He changes his backstory among people. It's revealed that the true one is the one in the prequel comic.

Also stop being a faggot and making assumptions.
>>
>>30785857
My cousin works for Hasbro so I got an early screening.

I can confirm that the movie will finally kill what's left of this fandom
>>
>>30788536
Is Tempest's backstory the same as in the book that was released a few weeks ago? I assume they won't have time to delve in as much detail, though. Or does she just say "I lost my horn in an accident as a child and then I left Ponyville"?
>>
>>30788539
Okay then how does the movie start out, dicko?
>>
>>30788548
The accident was revealed in the climax (right before the Storm King abandons Tempest and Twilight in an apocalyptic Canterlot) to be another one of TSK's invasions, in which he blamed on Celestia to Tempest (she was very young at the time and couldn't decipher the cause). She lost her horn and her parents (yup, AJ's not alone) and decided to join what is called the "Royal Renegade", a movement started by the Storm King's minions to end what they think is an evil imprisonment known as friendship (possibly implying that Tirek was part of this).
>>
>>30788581

Alright, now I'm starting to think you're full of shit, as this directly contradicts both The Story Road to Canterlot and Tempest's prequel comic.
>>
>>30788597
You honestly think a book written by some Jewish hack who never worked on the show is accurate? Did the early IDW comics not teach you anything?
>>
>>30788581

You're not OP
>>
>>30788601
Yes I am. I don't know why the fuck it isn't showing up.
>>
>>30788581
Another one of the Storm King's invasions? Dafuq? The book says it was an accident with an Ursa that led to her losing her horn. Yeah, I'm not buying it.
>>
>>30787464
Destroyed in seconds
>>
>>30788764
That was a red herring by the Storm King.
>>
>>30788878

How so? If Tempest has memory of the event, how is it a red herring? Unless of course, there's some memory implanting shit going on, which I'm not buying.
>>
>>30785857
Show proof or fuck off
>>
>>30788959
Prove you're not gay or fuck off.
>>
Timestamp or it didn't happen.
>>
>>30789003
August 22nd 2017 at 11:00 am PT
>>
>>30788581
Why are you lying. You get a boner out of this? Or just trying to troll newfags? Either way i'm cumming inside your mother as we speak.
>>
>>30789075
>>30788889

Answer, please. I'd like to hear your explanation.
>>
How do celly and Luna get turned to stone? Do they put up a fight atleast?
>>
>>30789139
Storm King spits on them, and no, they do not, they get turned to stone fucking instantly.
>>
>>30789146

Dragon Ball Z much?

Still not buying it.
>>
>>30789146
Your not op. You didn't spoil it.
>>
File: 1503444329352.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503444329352.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>30789165
I'm better than OP
>>
>>30785857
Is there a mid-credits/end credits scene?
>>
>>30789184
Yeah, Discord poofs into existence at the end of the credits and asks everypony what he missed.
>>
>>30785857
Are the sex scenes really so graphic?
>>
>>30789146
Also they clearly escape long enough to warn the mane 6. Queen of the Hippo....
>>
I am Adolf Hitler, so I didn't get an early screening because I died in 1945.
>>
>>30789184
Something with Discord.
>>
>>30789450
We'll see if any of this holds any water when I see the movie. So far, you're just a random troll. I'm just here because I'm bored. You wouldn't be the first leaker here on /mlp/ though by far. So I suppose what you're saying COULD maybe be true.

How do the Mane 6 convince the seaponies to fight with them?
>>
Have they mentioned when the film will be screened for Critics? Or mentioned the whole Budget of the film?
>>
File: BOB Wants Your Boobs.gif (499KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
BOB Wants Your Boobs.gif
499KB, 500x376px
>>30788889

OP still hasn't answered me.
>>
>>30789573
She initially though it was an accident caused by Celestia's carelessness but it was revealed that The Storm King caused her horn to be broken and not Ursa or Celestia.
>>
When do the M6 and Spike become pirates?

How close are Tempest and Grubber?
>>
zero proof and people still believe in this guy...
>>
>>30785857
Was there SS?
>>
>>30789744
In her apartment having sex with me.
>>
File: 1499629959869.jpg (45KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1499629959869.jpg
45KB, 326x326px
I really like the scene with the massive slowmotion battle and everyone fucking dies.
The dubstep really complimented the scene well.
>>
>>30789602

Am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense?
>>
I don't think Vogel even worked on the movie
>>
>>30789876
Yeah, the white doves and slow-mo gunfights were sick
>>
Fake and gay
>>
>>30790433
but gay is (You)
>>
>>30789731

god, i wish you losers would fuck off. you are ahead of no curve stating your skepticism on 4chan of all places. we get it. i swear to god, you are retarded.
>>
>>30789876
>>30789897
Zack Snyder really outperformed himself this time.
>>
File: Masturboop.png (145KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Masturboop.png
145KB, 600x600px
>>30789744
Anon pls everyone knows she's going to be in the finale
You wouldn't want to have too much of a good thing at once
>>
>>30785857
I sexually identify as Mike Vogel, so I was privileged to an early screening.

I'd give it a solid 0 or 1/10. I won't give out massive spoilers but remember how Vogel is a part of the Patriarchy? The movie smashes that but in a much different sense. Borrows a bit from Mein Kampf but also has enough feminism that's unconventional for male CEOs to feel like a legit movement. Pinkie pie is genderfluid and so are the Villains. It's pretty fast paced and Non hetero-normative but there are surprisingly cis-het moments.

You can ask me any question but If you assume my gender I will doxx you.
>>
When asked about OP's legitimacy, Mike Vogel responded with this, pointing out the first post below:

https://twitter.com/mktoon/status/900470940030480384

While it doesn't really "Confirm" Legitamancy, considering he's under NDA, he may not be allow to say weather or not they did early screenings; Seems weird however if he can't just say NO we didn't, guess time will tell tho.

He also may not have read the 2nd post full comment carefully tho, which is another possiblity
>>
File: 1503191424717.jpg (31KB, 365x352px) Image search: [Google]
1503191424717.jpg
31KB, 365x352px
>>30785857
Did you saw that Hanazuki short as well, any info?
>>
>>30792382
Was probably the best episode of the series.
>>
>>30791786
Indirect answers are always safer than a yes or no
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.