[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or are the CMC better friends than the mane 6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 54325234523452435654363.png (702KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
54325234523452435654363.png
702KB, 1280x720px
Is it just me or are the CMC better friends than the mane 6? The CMC group dynamic just seems more realistic and they seem to genuinely like each other as opposed to the mane 6 who usually don't really express friendship outside of completing a mission. Compare how the CMC act in Hard to Say Anything to the Mane 6 in an episode like Honest Apple or Not Asking For Trouble; its clear that the mane 6 only seem to tolerate each other while the CMC seem like real friends.
>>
>>30782903
The CMC are children, the M6 are adults.
Children can get along famously, adults less so.
>>
>>30782903
I don't wanna sound picky, but haven't you already made this thread?
>>
>>30782932
Didn't get an answer the first time.

>>30782931
The mane 6 barely seem like friends though, there is getting a long less well, then there is barely tolerating each other.
>>
>>30782944
Friends can have spats and still be friends, and we're seeing less of inter-m6 interaction because of all the extra characters we got now with Glimglam and her entourage.
>>
>>30782970
But it seems like they never really act like friends in their episodes any more beyond forwarding the plot. Was there an episode for the mane 6 like Hard to Say Anything that really shows their friendship beyond just forwarding the plot?
>>
>>30783789
I don't know what you're talking about, they do stuff together all the time. I mean yeah they don't hug 24/7 and reflect upon their friendship going "oh you're my bestest friend ever" at every convenience, but neither do people in real life? Unless they're kids with little relationship experience, like the CMC.

If you want them to cuddle and kiss the whole time try g3
>>
>>30782903
It's just you. You don't understand how friendship works between adults.
>>
>>30785696
>>30786207
>I mean yeah they don't hug 24/7 and reflect upon their friendship going
>"oh you're my bestest friend ever"
That's the problem, because that's exactly what the mane 6 does. All Bottled Up is a pretty great example of this. Ironically its the CMC who act more like real friends, they just get along well without having to sing about it/have a hugfest every other episode.

The mane 6 only seem like friends when the writers explicitly say they are friends (like having them sing a song about it), while with the CMC, we are shown their friendship rather than told about it.
>>
Glimmer is the best of both worlds.
>>
>>30787426
Because at best she has the social skills of a 7 year old?
>>
>>30782944
>The mane 6 barely seem like friends though, there is getting a long less well, then there is barely tolerating each other.
That's just women in general though, when they're young they're cute and thick as thieves. When they get older the get... less cute and flip the coin, to backstabbing rouges. Women don't have a code like men do, no unspoken rules, that's why they hate eachother most of the time.
>>
>>30787440
>actually believing /pol/
kek
>>
The Mane 6 friendship was formed through the shared experience of saving the world together. Their bond is like one you'd find out of a military unit who've gone through hell and back to achieve a common goal for the greater good. They're inseparable, but part of that is born out of necessity. They know they have to stick together for the sake of Equestria, and that means having to tolerate each other even at times they'd prefer not to. If they ever "retire" from world saving, their individual duties (Rarity as a business owner, Dash as a Wonderbolt, Twilight as a princess, Fluttershy as Discord's waifu/babysitter/parole officer, AJ as an eventual family pone, and Pinkie as the same damn thing she's been since the start of the show) will eventually draw them apart.

The CMC friendship was formed out of convenience and self interest, but developed into the type of bond you have with life long friends. They haven't saved the world or anything, but they've still been through a lot and have basically discovered themselves together. Unlike the M6, who already had established identities, interests, and worldviews before becoming friends, the CMC have explored all of those things throughout their friendship, and as a result, their identities, interests, and worldviews are significantly tied to one another.

Tl;Dr, the mane 6 is a group of individuals who learned how to be friends because they had to, while the CMC is a group of friends who learned how to be likeminded individuals because they wanted to.
>>
>>30787433
>implying the mane 6 have better social skills than glimmer
>implying they have better social skills than the CMC
I think people forget just how oblivious the mane 6 can be.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.