[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favourite and most hated episode of the show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: mlp 4chan thread.png (1MB, 1982x562px) Image search: [Google]
mlp 4chan thread.png
1MB, 1982x562px
I wanted to make a "your favourite and most hated episode of each season" but I figured no one would have wanted to find them
You can still do that if you want
>>
The Perfect Pear is so unbelievably good but it isn't the sort of episode I like so I'll stick with Ponyville Confidential.

Worst is still Magical Mystery Cure. I don't think anything can change that.
>>
>>30776697

Favorite: Lesson Zero

Hated: Aint Easy being Breezies
>>
Best ones: All of season 1
Worst ones: Literally everything after that
>>
>>30776726
You need more Jim in your life
>>
>>30776697
Favorite: Perfect Pear

Hate: AJ's day off
>>
>>30776697
When one looks up 'loathsome' in the dictionary, they find a synopsis for Princess Spike.

Favorite is kinda hard. Sweet and Elite is the first that comes to mind.
>>
File: 1502595921979.jpg (131KB, 873x586px) Image search: [Google]
1502595921979.jpg
131KB, 873x586px
Magicunt mystery cure was fucking awful.

Fav ep, I might be nostalgic when I say it's Feeling Pinkie Keen, but then again, I like A LOT of s1 and s2 episodes because I was at the naive-happy-stage when I watched those, and I also enjoyed a number of eps in seasons 5 6 and 7.

There are lots of good eps with mediocre in-between and every season has hit & miss episodes like that (s3 was consistently bad).

Saying you have a favorite ep is like naming your fav movie--theres just too many too name just one.
>>
Favorite: Pinkie Pride and Amending Fences are basically equal.

Worst: Princess Spike by a mile.
>>
>>30776697
>S1
Favorite: Cutie Mark Chronicles
Least Favorite: Stare Master

Season 1 to me was weak, I don't like Cutie Mark Chronicles THAT much and stare masters is pretty much the epitome on how NOT to write the CMC.

>S2
Favorite: Lesson Zero
Least Favorite: Dragon Quest

Season 2 does a lot of things better than season 1, Lesson Zero being to thank for that by removing the overall restrictive friendship letters (the episode was also really entertaining. Dragon Quest's depiction of dragons was awful and the episode has some unfortunate implications regarding gender with the moral.

>S3
Favorite: Sleepless in Ponyville
Least Favorite: Games Ponies Play

This is the season where the CMC start to get really good, and sleepless is a great example why, its a really heart warming episode with great development. Games Ponies play is just boring and portrays the characters as idiots.

>S4
Favorite: Flight to the Finish
Least Favorite: Rainbow Falls

Flight to the Finish is even better than sleepless , it has similar strengths to Sleepless, but also does a great job developing the dynamic of the CMC. Rainbow Falls is just incoherent, its bad when I think Scootaloo would have been a better pick than Dashes picks for her team.

>S5
Favorite: Brotherhoof Social
Least Favorite: What About Discord

There are so many great episodes in season 5, its hard to pick just one, but brotherhoof is the perfect mix of really funny and really heartwarming; I loved how they subverted the character in disguise expectation. What About Discord kills Discords arc by making the mane 6 instantly friendly with him.
>>
>>30776774
Gonna change my opinion and add that the s6 Christmas episode was fucking fantastic and episode 100 was so full of keks for me. So those are top eps.
>>
>>30776784

>S6
Favorite: Fault in Our Cutie Marks
Least Favorite: Cart Before the Ponies

Fault in Our Cutie Marks the most intelligently written episodes in the show (not my absolute favorite though). This episode does a fantastic job of showing that the CMC finally understand what a cutie mark is meant for and connecting Gabbies plight to Scootaloo was brilliant. Cart Before the Ponies is an abomination of an episode that does just about everything wrong, the adults didn't listen to the kids despite them literally telling them what they wanted several times, and then the kids are blamed for not telling them, least favorite episode in the show.

>S7
Favorite: Parental Glidance
Least Favorite: Fluttershy Leans In

Parental Glidance was great to every character involved, giving development to rainbow dash, scootaloo, and dashes parents; no one was completely right and everyones behavior is believable. It was also the funniest episode in the show. Fluttershy Leans in is just boring, there is no development, no one learns anything.
>>
>>30776806
Fluttershy Leans In is worst episode of the season so far but Secrets and Pies has a retarded premise that could put it over the top.
>>
>>30776708
MMC really isn't that bad. Twilicorn was a net positive for the show.
>>
File: 1243214123.png (2MB, 1982x562px) Image search: [Google]
1243214123.png
2MB, 1982x562px
>>
>>30776697
Oh my god, it even has a watermark.
>>
File: The Jiminator.jpg (163KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
The Jiminator.jpg
163KB, 720x960px
>>30777127
YES GOOD HASDRONE
>>
>>30777127
MMC always gets pared down to the wings thing but it's hardly just that.

The plot is potentially cool but underdeveloped because they crammed in the ascension into the same episode. Then they had to fill everything out with singing, which is a crappy way to carry the plot.

The whole thing is a brutal rushjob of a story that had legs and was underdeveloped to a painful degree as a result.
>>
>>30777190
Even then, there are far worse episodes than MMC. MMC was at least entertaining despite its short comings and ultimately did make the show better. Episodes like Carts Before the Ponies actively hurts the characters development and are extremely generic when its not frustrating.
>>
File: 894624-l.jpg (236KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
894624-l.jpg
236KB, 600x600px
>>30777165

Raised lettering, pale nimbus/white
>>
>>30776697
Most favorite: Hurricane Fluttershy
Most hated: tie between Ponyville Confidential and Too Many Pinkie Pies
>>
>>30776784
>Discords arc
his arc ended in S4, everything after that is just different writers' approaches on his character
>>
>>30777207
I'm looking at this from a raw entertainment and watchability standpoint and Magical Mystery Cure is a complete flop on that front.

Crusaders of the Lost Mark is like Magical Mystery Cure but done right. It's loaded with singing and carries a game-changing plot with it but doesn't feel rushed (though the entire subplot about Diamond Tiara's reformation could theoretically be broken out into its own episode the way Crusaders of the Lost Mark approached it didn't handicap the focus of the story by feeling underwhelming either).
>>
>>30777233
He's done a fair bit after season 4 to reinforce characteristics. If anything he's one of the most bare templates for friendship lessons still left in the show.

Make New Friends but Keep Discord, Dungeons & Discords, To Where and Back Again, and Discordant Harmony are episodes that leave Discord a different person coming out than when he went in.

And if you want episodes where it's the usual Discord hijinx after season 4, you've still got stuff like What About Discord?
>>
>>30776697
Best: Putting Your Hoof Down (best and probably most impactful Fluttershy episode, the one that started her character development, plus has some of the most dramatic moments in the series)
Worst: Trade Ya (Rainbow Dash sells Fluttershy for a fucking book, this is beyond retarded + everyone else is flanderized)
>>
>>30777281
>To Where and Back Again
I undestand the rest but this? He didn't really have an arc in there
>>
>>30777344
Probably learning to cooperate with others.
>>
>>30777233
Discord still wasn't friends with anyone outside of twilight or fluttershy at the end of season 4, and it could be argued that everyone else didn't completely forgive him. What About Discord ruined that interesting idea by making the mane 6 instantly friends with him off screen.
>>
This Season
Best: Episode 10 (A Royal Problem)
>I'm a sucker for melodrama and have been longing for a deeper look at Celestia psyche, I would have loved for Day-breaker to be the villain for the movie so that Twilight could truly step out of Celestia's shadow (like Faust would have wanted) but as that's not to be so I'll settle for this.
>Day, night, sun, moon! Equestria needs both of you! Without balance, there's no harmony!

Worst: Episode 9 (Honest Apple)
>Rarity goes full retard, followed by Applejack. Rarity recovers her senses with a killer metal lick then has to beat the sense back into Applejack with a straw-man. The three fashion ponies were the only redeemable thing about this episode.
>>
>>30777568
That's better than just recycling a "proving yourself" arc they did for Sunset
Discord didn't instantly become friends with them, he won over their good will by not being a dick
>>
>>30777579
I agree on Honest Apple being stupid but
>then has to beat the sense back into Applejack with a straw-man.
It's not a straw-man, anon. If you visit this place enough, you will sadly realize that people having trouble comprehending the concept of their opinion not being 100% objective and the only correct one is very real.
>>
>>30777654
>implying EQG is canon
I would take a some what recycled arc (albeit executed in a different way) over having discord instantly befriend everyone despite betraying them recently (when What About Discord aired).
>>
>>30776697
I'd like to say that I have only watched like ~90% of all episodes so far, with some from seasons 4-6 still unwatched. For example, I haven't watched Amending Fences, which seems to be highly rated.

Off the top of my head, my favourite episode would be one of these, in no particular order:
>Hurricane Fluttershy
>No Second Prances
>Read It And Weep
>Sweet And Elite
>Bridle Gossip
>It's About Time
>Luna Eclipsed
>Castle Mane-ia
>The Saddle Row Review
>Party of One
>Putting Your Hoof Down
>The Cutie Re-Mark

Some of the more awful ones for me would be... let's just get the usual fare out of the way first:
>The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well
>Spike At Your Service
>Games Ponies Play
>Applejack's "Day" Off
>Just For Sidekicks
>Owl's Well That Ends Well
And also:
>Baby Cakes
>Flight To The Finish
>The Show Stoppers
>The Cutie Pox
>Secret Of My Excess

Let's just go with Hurricane Fluttershy and Applejack's "Day" Off as most and least favourite.
>>
>>30776697
Fav: The Best Night Ever
Excellent songs, a lesson that the whole season was leading up to, and all the Mane 6 are at their best both comedically and emotionally here.

Wrst: Every Little Thing She Does
Not to say Glim ruined the show, as she's gotten better in S7, but they REALLY didn't know what to do with her in S6.
>>
>>30777722
>Flight To The Finish
>awful
Why
>>
>>30777672
No I'm saying Strawberry Sunrise is a literal, walking, two dimensional straw man of people who don't like things you like. She has an unexplained irrational hatred for no reason and is cruel and mean to some one who like a thing who also treats people like it like garbage for their choice. She's the cartoon bad guy you imagine trying to get your favorite TV show cancelled.
>>
>>30777860
my god anon
she exists in one scene for one specific point to be made
what would you expect from her
>>
>>30777822
I cannot point out anything wrong in the episode itself. I will admit that a lot of those picks were irrational, driven by my dislike for the CMC.
>>
>>30777911
The other CMC episodes you picked were garbage though and I say that as someone who likes the CMC more than the mane 6. Flight is the one that sticks out the most.
>>
File: uncle.png (109KB, 522x700px) Image search: [Google]
uncle.png
109KB, 522x700px
>>30776784
absolute shit taste.
>>
The only right answer:
>S1
Best: Party of One
Worst: Owl's Well That Ends Well
>S2
Best: Hearth's Warming Eve
Worst: Secret of My Excess
>S3
Best: Sleepless in Ponyville
Worst: Just for Sidekicks
>S4
Best: Rarity Takes Manehattan
Worst: Equestria Games
>S5
Best: The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone
Worst: What About Discord
>>
File: 1503348901361s.jpg (4KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1503348901361s.jpg
4KB, 250x245px
I don't feel like going through it all but It ain't it ain't easy being a breezy was fucking awful.
>>
>>30778769
You mean absolutely brilliant taste?
>>
File: image.png (265KB, 435x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
265KB, 435x480px
>S1
Fav: Boast Busters
Least fav: Ticket Master
>S2
Fav: Canterlot Wedding
Least fav: Spike at your service
>S3
Fav: Wonderbolt Academy
Least fav: Too many Pinkie Pies
>S4
Fav: Twilight's Kingdom
Least fav: Somepony to watch over me
>S5
Fav: Crusaders of the lost Mark
Least fav: Hooffields and Mccolts
>S6
Fav: Gauntlet of fire
Least fav: 28 pranks later
>S7 so far
Fav: The perfect pear
Least fav: Fluttershy leans in
>>
>>30777127
>MMC really isn't that bad.
Correct
>Twilicorn was a net positive for the show.
Incorrect
>>
>>30779044
>Spike at your service
What a season 2 episode that was.
>>
>>30779078
>tfw people aren't intelligent enough to understand that it was kino
>>
File: 1474769025295.jpg (37KB, 514x525px) Image search: [Google]
1474769025295.jpg
37KB, 514x525px
>>30779122
>spike episodes
>kino
>>
>>30779133
We just had one a few days ago
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.