[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do they tip in Equestria?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

Do they tip in Equestria?
>>
File: 1356367605029.png (155KB, 900x894px) Image search: [Google]
1356367605029.png
155KB, 900x894px
>>30770291
Pinkie prefers to get paid in tips.
>>
File: IMG_0332.jpg (73KB, 546x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0332.jpg
73KB, 546x499px
>>30770440
>>
>>30770291
I would slip her my tip.
>>
How much are you expected to give? 15%?
>>
>>30770291
Wat?
>>
>>30770291
>tfw you could tip Ponka in gum and she'd be so goddamn happy
>>
>>30771097
10% like normal people
>>
>>30770291
No, because it's not retarded like America where you're somehow an asshole for not giving lots of extra money away to someone. Your wage is your wage, fuck off.
>>
File: 213431241324123.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
213431241324123.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>30772461
>Giving someone an extra $2 for a $25 lunch is "lots of extra money"
Found the kike
>>
File: DYEWTS.gif (3MB, 503x428px) Image search: [Google]
DYEWTS.gif
3MB, 503x428px
>>30770291
>>30772461
>>
>>30772461
>Blaming the wait staff for trying to supplement their shitty wage, even though the tipping culture was created by restaurant owners as a way to avoid having to pay them properly by shoving the burden on the customers.
Way to blame the people who have nothing to do with your problem, faggot.
>>
>>30772467
Giving them that is what pisses them off.
>Ugh anon what's this pathetic tip you're such a Jew how could you not give me $15!?
I will never understand this culture. You're all greedy yourselves, wanting to get paid more than your job is worth.
>>
>>30772495
I've never seen anyone actually get mad at me for leaving 10%
Usually the only time people get pissed is if you leave them an insult tip like a single nickle because they were shit and you want them to know it.
>>
>>30772507
If they were shit why not just give them nothing? A nickel is still a nickel at the end of the day.
>>
>>30772532
Because then they figure that you just forgot to give them a tip, a nickle or a few pennies basically says "I didn't forget to tip, I want you to know you were shit and don't deserve a real tip, get fucked"
>A nickel is still a nickel at the end of the day
No one is going to take a nickle off the table they were serving and be happy that they got a nickle, they're gonna be pissed.
>>
>>30772532
It's the difference between just passively being a dick and actively making sure they know you hold them in contempt.
>>
>>30772557
I'd be happy to get anything, I'd think even that small amount meant I did something right. This is why I don't understand American tipping culture.
>>
>>30772585
You wouldn't if you were getting borderline slave wages and all your coworkers were getting 10% from most their tables.
>>
>>30772585
Statistically, how good a job you do has no bearing at all on your tips. It's just an obligation of guilt that restaurants have cultivated so that they don't have to pay their wait staff what the job's actually worth. So no, you really don't understand it at all.
>>
>>30772532
>why not give them nothing?

Most people do. But the point of a nickle is to give them a sort of blue balls; you can't buy anything with a nickle. It also has more to do with the message. I mean, flipping the bird is just flipping the bird, but it pisses people off because of the intent.
>>
>>30772608
>>30772611
Essentially, it's the waiter's fault for being stupid enough to fall for the job trap of working there.
People collecting their own orders should be far more commonplace. Far safer too.
>>
>>30772724
Yes Anon, it's the waiter's fault that pretty much every restaurant in America with a wait staff uses this system and thus there's no real way to escape it since if you're working as wait staff odds are you're a teenager or an adult with few marketable skills outside the service sector.
Since your autism is clearly acting up, that was sarcasm.
>>
>>30772585
>muh Amerika
not Amerifat, but five cents is an insult. It'd be less offensive to get nothing; such a tiny pittance of a tip is a sarcastic little jab and if you don't get that I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>Be Equestrian.
>Get shot.
>>
>>30772461
>>30770291
I say no. Assuming a relatively idealized setting, they wouldn't have had a Great Depression. Tipping started in the Great Depression as a way for owners to offset the payment for the wait staff to the customers and save money.

Wait staff should not have significant parts of their earnings depending on voluntary extra taxes. They should make a reliable amount of money like everyone else in the restaurant.
>>
>>30772450
I've heard that they might spit or piss in your food if you tip 10%.

Tip means "To Insure Promptness". It was a bribe given by rich people at hotels to get the luggage carriers to bring their stuff up to the room faster than all the other people.

It only migrated to being paid after the deed in the restaurant industry later.
>>
>>30772724
>Essentially, it's the waiter's fault for being stupid enough to fall for the job trap of working there.
Hopefully, one day there'll be a big restaurant chain that advertises that they pay their waitstaff living wages on par with the other workers, so that they don't depend on tips. The solid income would hopefully attract more people who do really good work, so success from paying employees more would follow. Like Ford paying his employees enough to afford the cars he built, or that one business where the boss cut his wage to a fraction of what he was making before and gave all of his dozens of workers massive raises. That second guy saw an incredible rise in employee motivation and productivity, and showed up in a lot of articles.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.