[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people dislike the show now? Even the movie seems to be hated.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: Screenshot_2017-06-14-17-09-37.png (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-14-17-09-37.png
230KB, 1920x1080px
Why do people dislike the show now? Even the movie seems to be hated.
>>
>>30769968
Drop in quality and the movie seems to be bland and uninspired. Hopefully it's going to be decent despite all that.
>>
I don't hate the movie, I just am ineffectual towards it. I don't think it's a big deal.
>>
>>30769973
Aside from Starlight Glimmer, the show seems to be very similar.
>>
>>30769968
>Even the movie seems to be hated.
Wait, what? No one is hating on the movie? That is what people are most excited for
>>
Writing quality has gone down significantly. Tons of idiot plots. Obnoxious amount of fanservice / fan pandering. New writers who flanderize the characters or give them new flaws out of nowhere. Glimmer spam.

The movie doesn't look bad, it just looks horribly generic and mediocre. And as if RD saying "awesome" all the time wasn't bad enough, now there's an entire fucking song of her saying it over and over.
>>
>>30770075
But the writing in season 7 has shot up over season 6.

ib4anythingtimeszero
>>
>>30770011
s7 has felt a lot like a better version of s1.
>>
>>30770125
Hey it's you again.
>>
>>30769968
salt
>>
>>30770189
It's
AHAHAHAHA
SALT
>>
File: 1502566010933.png (9KB, 872x503px) Image search: [Google]
1502566010933.png
9KB, 872x503px
>>30769968
Only season 5-7 are pure shit. Movie might be good, but it's already a 5 out of 10 because of the glimmer cameo in the trailer.

If she has legit screentime in the movie that last longer than 5 seconds, it's an instant 0 out of 10 for me.
>>
File: 1489876439449.png (282KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
1489876439449.png
282KB, 800x560px
>>30769968
Almost all of us still like the show. We just seldom post about it because hate and anger are more powerful motivators than liking something.

Can you imagine people spamming "The show is good"? It would make no sense, but that's what almost all of us think.
>>
>>30770207
This is such a pathetic shitpost image. Posting it just makes you look retarded.
>>
>>30769968
The lore has gone to shit over the years, back in season 1 and 2 there was a lot of potential for lore but today the writers don't give many fucks and what we have is a convoluted mess, a lot of shit that had potential being wasted on awful episodes, the obvious toy inserts like the OC donut steel family just made things worse
>>
>>30769968
People always disliked the show? And criticized everything about it?

>>30770211
Like this anon said, most of the people who like the show don't say anything. People who dislike stuff have a much larger incentive to screech about it. You'll see it in every single show/thing.

inb4 Hasdrone
>>
File: 15030478902331314.png (11KB, 872x503px) Image search: [Google]
15030478902331314.png
11KB, 872x503px
>>30769968
>>30769973
Because /mlp/ has no taste and are wearing rose color lenses. The show became so much better when faust left.
>>
>>30770110
>But the writing in season 7 has shot up over season 6.
Not him but some episodes were alright, maybe even good, but some episodes shouldn't have existed because of how fucking bad they were, like Applejack's day off and that stupid racing car episode
>>
This fandom's been on life support for years now. Wake up and realize that this shit won't last forever.
Sure, we all like to believe that this ride will never end, but it will. And this goddamn movie will be the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>30770257
"Hasdrone," "shill," and "hi jim" are just angry screeching. It only makes them look stupider.
>>
>>30770270
You're talking about season 6?
>>
>>30770275
Hasbro won't let this fucking show die already, we need a new generation with new characters and potential for stories, we are going full Fairy Oddparents where they will keep adding new characters to keep things interesting
>>
>>30770283
seasons 5-7, some of those episode ideas were retarded from start to finish
>>
>>30770270
>>30770293
Same thing back in S1/S2, MMDW and FPK. Episodes need to be judged on their individual merit.
>>
>>30770300
I forgot about MMDW, you are correct there
>>
>>30769968
The current show isn't bad at all. It's different in tone from older seasons and it has some problems but has a lot going for it as well. A episode like The Perfect Pear wouldn't have happened in the older seasons. Most people here still like the show. Doomsayers just get more attention.
>>
>>30769968
The show has been dropping in quality since season 4
I dont hate the movie though. I think the movie will be good as long as Glimmer doesn't exist in it outside of that one cameo.
>>
>>30770279
>t.Jim Miller
>>
>>30770200
HAHAHA
TRIGGERED
>>
>>30770421
I love you so much.
>>
>>30769968
It's mostly post-ironic shitposting
>>
>>30770211
>>30770257
I'm with these two, and if you need more evidence then the strawpolls should suffice. Assuming someone isn't just botting those towards the positive end of course.
>>
>>30769968
neigh-sayers. They're trying to say that the show is fucking garbage and doom and gloom and whining like little bitches. The show ain't that bad, it has it's bad moments (MMC), but it ain't that bad.
>>
File: 1473464108744.jpg (33KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
1473464108744.jpg
33KB, 720x706px
>>30769968
The show is like bread, it's edible and will please those who are content with it. However, it could be a sandwich, full with all sorts good things. As things are right now, some people are content with the bread, while others really fucking want sandwich
>>
File: masturboop.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
masturboop.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>30769968
Because people can't accept that Glimmy is the best thing since sliced bread and they should accept her as the new mane character

Also the movie ain't canon so who gives a FUCK
>>
File: 1477571087665.png (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1477571087665.png
42KB, 625x626px
>>30772671
4/10 too blatant
>>
>>30770284
Lack of character growth is the reason I always cite, which basically goes hand-in-glove with this Anon's point.

The revolving door of writers means everyone wants to cement "their" version of the characters before they get to developing them (if they have any intention of doing so at all), so we wind up with a lot of rehash with Flutters constantly learning to be assertive, RD constantly learning to rein in her ego, and AJ constantly learning not to overburden herself. If the characters are never going to actually LEARN the lessons they get taught, it's time to retire this generation and move on to the next. I feel like there's no episode you can point to in seasons 6 or 7 where you can say "See? [pony] is using the lesson they learned in [previous episode/season]". They may advance in their goals (RD is officially a Wonderbolt, Twilight is a princess, Rarity is well-known as a fashion designer), but they don't grow as people with personalities.

Not saying I hate the show, I'm just kind of tired of it by now. I want something that rewards me for giving a shit, and while earlier seasons looked like they'd be that, later seasons have not borne it out.
>>
>>30772744
But Fluttershy is basically a whole different person and a much better character now that she's assertive
>>
>>30772744
A lot of the side characters have been growing though. Most notably would be the CMC.
>>
>>30769968
Can't wait for that game.
>>
File: twilight spike take a letter.png (487KB, 800x465px) Image search: [Google]
twilight spike take a letter.png
487KB, 800x465px
>>30770251
This.

EqG, but mostly Alicorn Twilight have been mistakes that the show never really recovered from.

In retrospect, Canterlot Wedding, with Cadance and Shining was the beginning of the end.

The Griffon Kingdom could have been so cool, but they fucked it up and turned it into a dozen houses and used it to get political and promote anti-capitalism.

Nearly every spike episode sucks, or is wildly inconsistent with his character.

Most of the Mane Six cast feel obsolete and useless. They take their orders from a freaking table. There's really no reason, with their very different occupations, some of which take an inordinate amount of time, that they should be in touch at all.

It's a combination of the show's writing sucking, trying to limp along and carry the mistakes and fuckups in the lore they've already made, and me losing trust and hope that the writers can make the overall show good again.
>>
>>30774987
God, the gryphons. So many fics had this sprawling kingdom, a rival to Equestria, and then we get Griffonstone...
And it doesn't even make sense, like, how do ponies not know about this? A kingdom falls into ruin, Gilda demonstrated that gryphons do leave the place, and yet Twilight doesn't know? How? Does information simply not travel on this planet
>>
File: applejack what computer.jpg (157KB, 640x740px) Image search: [Google]
applejack what computer.jpg
157KB, 640x740px
>>30770275
>This fandom's been on life support for years now.
What is your standard for a "living fandom"?

By every metric I can think of, MLP is still one of the most prolific and productive fandoms out there. The nearly unprecedented explosive growth and energy of the peak years of MLP, before it was horribly mishandled by Hasbro*, were an outlier that broke records and made fandom history. You can't expect that flat out sprint to be kept up for a decade at a time.

*Also, several of the people who grew because of the fandom grew into massive cunts wanting to use and discard the audience that made them, a la blackgriffon or mando's suspicious proximity to showrunners that just so happened to be very effective career moves for him. I believe his relationship with sibsy is a sham, and just a more involved version of the questionable closeness he had with michelle creber. Not a genuine bone in his body.
>>
>>30775001
It's not on the verge of dying. People been saying that since season 2.

It's not at it's peak for sure though.
>>
>>30770284
>we need a new generation with new characters and potential for stories
It *can* be done. Remember ReBoot? That's the best example I can think of.

I don't think that it'll work with the kind of show MLP is, and I don't think it can be retrofitted into the show. Especially not by this point.

The status quo changed. Characters grew. The cast was expanded. They spent a season with a couple of character adventuring to different settings over most of their lives, and it had very mature and well-written character arcs.
>>
File: 1477234135607.jpg (121KB, 455x722px) Image search: [Google]
1477234135607.jpg
121KB, 455x722px
Because the writers treat is as a cartoon now. It's no longer about magical ponies in their own magical world, just a bunch of characters doing whatever the writers want them to with epic references mixed in.
>>
File: misc make mlp great again.jpg (224KB, 900x709px) Image search: [Google]
misc make mlp great again.jpg
224KB, 900x709px
>>30775038
They've forgotten about continuity and the themes that made it likable in the first place.

They have to Make MLP Great Again. That'll involve throwing out a lot of the trash they got tied up in and getting competent, interested writers in.

Retcons have been done well before. The early X-Men movies were crap, but First Class was amazing. They did a time-travel movie that erased all the shit from that continuity. Sure, a whole movie dedicated to just that is a lot of effort to go to to clean up that cinematic dreck, but it's effective, and it arguably saved the movie franchise.
>>
File: 98j.jpg (114KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
98j.jpg
114KB, 960x540px
I dropped the show after S5 when I realized they just didn't know what to do with it anymore, and it started to get more and more stale and repetitive.

Don't know, I just stopped caring about it, and the fandom as well. It's clearly dying already. No one really gives a fuck about MLP anymore, and the show is due to be canned soon.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.