[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinion Thread? Season 1 is a bad season even going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 321432143214123.png (60KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
321432143214123.png
60KB, 499x500px
Unpopular Opinion Thread?

Season 1 is a bad season even going by average cartoon standards. Season 2 and 3 started to shape things up by setting the foundation for many of the shows best ideas and seasons 4 and onward has been great pay off seasons. You could get rid of season one entirely if you made lesson zero the pilot and made return of harmony a mid season two parter.

Somepony to Watch Over Me is a better episode than Winter Wrap Up and Party of One.

The CMC are the best characters in the show, especially in later seasons. Spike and Glimmer are both better character than any of the mane 6. The show is essentially carried by these supporting characters plus many of the more minor reoccurring ones like discord, maud, or thorax.
>>
File: rad memer.jpg (102KB, 533x689px) Image search: [Google]
rad memer.jpg
102KB, 533x689px
>>30764037
>>
>>30764037
It is better than party of one.

Glimmer is objectively better than at least a few of the mane 6, by any individuals' reckoning, although which characters is a matter of opinion.
>>
>>30764037
I definitely agree that Season 1-2 have aged like milk in some areas, but they're still something I can watch in my spare time and enjoy without having to ask "Is this going to have lore in it? Will I enjoy whatever new character appears?" The show has always been good, but the most recent seasons have been good in a different way, which is much more efficient for its longevity in this growing age of continuous story arcs and character development in even preschool shows.
>>
>>30764074
Lets compare her to each of the mane 6

Twilight: Really doesn't have flaws any more, her episodes are always about her being a mentor at this point.

Pinkie: Although she is more entertaining than she was in seasons 3+4, she really hasn't developed since the show began.

Fluttershy: The only mane 6 to both distinctly develop and still have room for her character to grow. She was the only mane 6 consistently written well in season 6.

AJ/Rarity/RD: Kek. These three are easily the worst of the mane 6. What little development they actually have almost always involves the CMC and these three are more often than not obnoxious in their own episodes and are easily the worst aspect of any CMC episode after flight to the finish.
>>
Season 1, 2 were the best seasons and Starlight Glimmer is shit.
>>
>>30764037
MMC is my favorite episode
>>
>>30764183
Those are not unpopular opinions.
>>
Rarara is worst pony.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.