[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Rainbow Dash episode prove me wrong you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: ScreenHunter_1655 Aug. 20 00.21.jpg (64KB, 1407x790px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_1655 Aug. 20 00.21.jpg
64KB, 1407x790px
Best Rainbow Dash episode

prove me wrong

you can't
>>
Wonderbolt Academy
>>
My little Dashie
>>
File: 1373362994169.jpg (110KB, 588x600px) Image search: [Google]
1373362994169.jpg
110KB, 588x600px
>>30763440
but that's the worst RD episode wtf
>>
>>30763412
It's Tank episode.
>>
>>30763412
Sonic Rainboom
>>
>>30763412
Testing Testing 1-2-3
>>
>>30763412
Top Bolt. An episode about dealing with a codependent relationship.
>>
>>30763412
MMDW exists
Done
>>
File: now this is shitposting.jpg (34KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
now this is shitposting.jpg
34KB, 500x329px
>>30763656
>>
File: fkl3982.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
fkl3982.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
>>30763412
I can.

I do respect the episode for what it's trying to do. It's trying to be great, like really great, like one of the best in the show, being both entertaining and handling a heavy topic. And there are some great things about it. The song, tho an obvious Let It Go ripoff, is still fairly pleasant. The humour is great, even if a bit lazy with all the references, I personally enjoyed them. I also adore how they portray Fluttershy as having learned her lesson from the breezies episode and showing Dash some tough love. There are a lot of things about this episode that I genuinely enjoy.

But all of this is undermined by the main thing in the episode, Rainbow Dash. Her behavior is borderline retarded and, for me, impossible to take seriously. The reason for that is very simple: the episode is trying to handle a topic without of death without actually featuirng death, which is just a cop-out. I don't like to look for hidden meanings in children's cartoons, especially if these cartoons can have actual interesting and relatable meanings that do not NEED to be hidden (like MLP still does). It's simple: if no death happens, that means there's no death in my book. People can talk however they want about how this episode has a message about accepting the loss of a pet, but in order to appreciate that, you have to imagine shit that's NOT actually in the episode.

If they either toned down Dash's retarded behavior to fit the presented (non-fatal) situatuion more or upped the scale (making Tank actually die), the episode would benefit from it. But they tried to have their cake and eat it, and ended up with what I can only call a mediocre tryhard episode.
>>
>>30763752
>a topic without of death without actually featuirng death,
a topic of death without actually featuring death*
>>
>>30763412

Oh boy. An episode about Dash learning to see past ability and have character too.

Then forgetting her lesson instantly like every other episode she gets and still justified in her actions by elevating her to celebrity status ONTOP of hero status.
>>
>>30763752
for me Dash is always retarded though, I actually liked having her come to terms with loss even if minor, and it at least was able to show off a truly affectionate side to her. Also "I'll Fly" is probably in my top 5 favorite FiM songs. As someone who finds Rainbow Dash consistently annoying this episode actually made me stop and like her a lot.

>>30763797
unfortunately this anon is also correct
>>
It's also second best episode of the entire serie
I mean, maybe third now that there's perfect pear...
Numero uno will always be Slice of Life tho
>>
>>30763752

Unfortunately, Tank would later die in a tragic war accident when the Griffons attempt to invade.

Death before retreat.
>>
>>30763628
The only correct answer.
>>
>>30763412
>Rainbow Dash acts like a complete retard: The episode
I like Dash as a character, but the episodes that actually focus on her are more often than not pretty terrible. I don't care if this is supposed to be a metaphor for death. If nobody is actually dying then there is no justification for her actions, and replacing death with hibernation, something that even elementary school children understand as necessary, just makes Dash look the dumbest and most obnoxious she has in the entire show, and that's saying something.
>>
>>30765152
>even elementary school children
t. someone that hasn't been close to a kid since HE was in school

Death is a complicated thing to explain, and it's not the television's job to do it
>>
>>30765191
>t. someone that hasn't been close to a kid since HE was in school
Maybe not, but I sure as hell understood what hibernation was, so either come up with a better analogy or don't touch on the subject at all.

Hell, they could have done this all the way back in Season 2 with Spike needing to give Peewee back to his parents and it would have been more effective than this episode.
>>
File: The_2144c3_944465.jpg (31KB, 602x415px) Image search: [Google]
The_2144c3_944465.jpg
31KB, 602x415px
>>30763412
You pick the single best example for why Rainbow Dash is a cunt as best Rainbow Dash episode?
>>
>>30765313
she did it all because she cares anon
>>
>>30765274
But YOU are not everyone, or even the majority
As a guy that DOES have some experience with kids, I can tell you that there are some that still don't understand this kind of shit at age 10
Or rather, it's not that they don't understand, it's just that they don't want to understand because it's scary
It greatly depends on their parents, and certainly, their culture
FiM isn't a 'US SHOW', it also airs all over the fucking world, you gotta understand that what's normal and 'okay to discuss' for you/with your kids isn't the same for someone on the other side of the globe

TLDR; It's way more complicated than 'huh, I understood that when I was 8 so everyone did/does!'
>>
>>30765408
>Or rather, it's not that they don't understand, it's just that they don't want to understand because it's scary
Read my first post again. I'm talking about hibernation and how simple it is to understand and how much of a retard Rainbow Dash is for not getting it. I'm not talking about death.
>>
Rarity investigates, is the best Dash episode because Rainbow gets to spend time with her girlfriend Rarity in it :^)
>>
its easy to be he lightest shit in the pile
>>
>>30765408
It's fucking hibernation.
They teach that shit to 4 year olds.
>>
>>30765274
>Hell, they could have done this all the way back in Season 2 with Spike needing to give Peewee
Dammit that would have been perfect.
>>
>inb4 some dumbass who can't tell the difference between terrorism and sabotage
>>
>>30763483
No, that's Newbie Dashy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.