[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So....after today's episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

File: hello spike.png (671KB, 961x538px) Image search: [Google]
hello spike.png
671KB, 961x538px
Can we all agree that Thorax is in love with Spike but he doesn't realize it? (yet)
>>
File: really makes you think.png (550KB, 815x469px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.png
550KB, 815x469px
I mean they were laying on the subtext pretty thick.
>>
Now if only he didn't have a horribly generic "wimpy nerd" voice...
>>
>>30762637
Lol! I love that Starlight and Twilight were around and he gave no shits about them.
>>
>>30762637
In love for a Ling probably means something different he probably enjoys the taste of Spike's Emoji's better than anyone else. So basically Spike is his favorite restaurant and the food there is amazing.
>>
>>30762637
He rejected spike and cucked him. Sorry, but it's Thorax x Ember from now on.
>>
Its pretty obvious, eventually Spike will have to resist his advances.
>>
>>30762637
>Spike
>Not Ember
>>
>>30762661
I like his wimpy nerd voice. Wimpy nerd kings are cute.
>>
>>30762707
It sounded weird enough coming from a Changeling because it sounded like they got a literal brony to voice the character

it only sounds weirder coming out a big sparkledog bug
>>
>>30762719
Nah, I agree it's a bit strange, but it fits his personality perfectly - the shy changeling who was an outcast all his life and bullied mercilessly. Of course he isn't going to talk like some turbo chad Shining Armor.
>>
>>30762677
You wish. There was literally two "just friends" couple back to back. Ember and Thorax literally fought over Spike.
>>
I bet Thorax would suck off Spike if he asked him to.
>>
>>30762637
You will ship anything...
>>
File: cdi link.jpg (17KB, 255x352px) Image search: [Google]
cdi link.jpg
17KB, 255x352px
>>30762793
And in the end they dumped him, and became a couple. Checkmate
>>
>>30762637
I hope that someday all you shippers will come to understand that two people can have a great relationship that is not romantic. Eros is only one kind of love.
>>
File: oQiGK94.webm (718KB, 480x234px) Image search: [Google]
oQiGK94.webm
718KB, 480x234px
>>30762889
I hope that someday all you virgins will come to understand what bedroom eyes look like when they're directed at you.
>>
>>30762802
I agree.
>>
>>30763117
That boi is thirsty as fuck.
>>
I have a feeling Thorax would totally bottom for Spike.
>>
File: 1397606334638.png (608KB, 1280x2240px) Image search: [Google]
1397606334638.png
608KB, 1280x2240px
>>30762776
>there will never be an episode where Shining and Thorax hang out
Bro...
>>
>>30762661
>he doesn't think wimpy nerd voiced bughorse twink is a qt

What are you a fag or something?
>>
>>30763117
The animators know how autistic shippers are. They'll put in ambiguous poses and emotes for a single frame and laugh to themselves as idiots eat it up, then laugh even harder when they cry about it not becoming canon.
Or do you not remember all the Cheerimac """teasing""".
>>
File: 798988.png (927KB, 650x2329px) Image search: [Google]
798988.png
927KB, 650x2329px
>>30763910
I can totally see that.
>>
>>30764159
There was literally 0 chemistry between those two, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>30763910
He'd be a bro like that, yes.
>>
>>30763910
when someone changes your life for the better without any compromise in mind for it,then you admire your savior blindly

it's not hard to understand that Thorax owes Spike the pivotal gesture of the Time They are a Changeling from him,sacrificing his fame and recognition for an unwelcome stranger
>>
>>30762637
>Doesn't sound like the stereotypical chad male
>LOL IS HE GAY? XDD
5th grade called, they want their 10 year old back.
>>
File: 552770.gif (637KB, 634x355px) Image search: [Google]
552770.gif
637KB, 634x355px
>>30764207
I'm no shipper, but it was very obvious. It wasn't even subtext.
>>
>>30762637
Jesus christ what happened to those bugs?
>>
>>30764477
Haber happened.
>>
>>30762802
>implying you wouldn't
What are you? Some kind of fucking faggot?
>>
>>30764335
She was just making a joke. If she really felt something for Mac, she would have fainted for real instead of looking up coyly with one eye as if asking 'haha get it?' It's over the top theatrics, which you should be familiar with after watching 7 seasons of MLP with Rarity.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1806x1012px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1806x1012px
>>30764606
Follow the reply chain, mate. It was about purposeful ship-teasing on the staff's part. They do this shit all the time, but especially if it's a ship that's already popular with fans.
>>
File: shiningarmorwinter.jpg (290KB, 997x700px) Image search: [Google]
shiningarmorwinter.jpg
290KB, 997x700px
>>30763973
>implying Shining Armor would even want to hang out with a Changling, reformed or not

If anybody would have PTSD concerning Changlings, I'd expect Shining Armor to have it the worst.

He was literally made a slave by their queen and directed to betray his fiancee, sister, Princess, friends and everyone without him realizing it. If anything I'd expect him to be paranoid as fuck around Thorax even if he did welcome him outwardly.
>>
>>30764618
I still remember how the Avatar creators were completely unaware of shipping until S1 finished airing and began teasing the fuck out of everything afterwards because they knew the fans would go crazy over it.
Zutarians are still salty to this day.
>>
>>30764592
Where did I imply that you double faggot?
>>
File: stk_6.gif (3MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
stk_6.gif
3MB, 500x250px
>>30764618
But here's the thing, for shipping to start you need two characters that are really, really into each other, or have fantastic chemistry that makes people's mind work about the what if's. They also need something that keeps them from becoming a couple - in Lyra and Bonbon's case it's the fact that it's a children's show and overt lesbianism is still a taboo, so they became "best friends".
On the other hand Cheerilee and Mac literally never ever had the slightest interest in each other. That was the entire plot of Hearts and Hooves day. Even after being poisoned with a love potion Mac and Cheerilee was till like....nope.
What's more there was nothing that had stopped them taking their relationship to the next level. They just aren't interested.

t. veteran, delusional shipper of hopeless ships who knows when you're really grasping at straws
>>
>>30764904
>for shipping to start you need two characters that are really, really into each other, or have fantastic chemistry
that's_where_you're_wrong_kiddo.png

Also you're talking about something completely unrelated to the reply chain.
Ship teasing can be literally anything in a show used as fuel by shippers.
Standing next to each other, half-lidded eyes, and hugs all count as ship teasing to shippers because their autistic brain prevents them from interpreting it as anything else.
>>
File: 622624.gif (1MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
622624.gif
1MB, 400x223px
>>30764904
Anon. I don't think you understand.

I'm not coming at this as a shipper; I have no ships. No one is saying, "This ship is totally likely! The character is -actually real- and this is -totally canon- that they feel this way!" They're remarking on the MLP staff's tendency to drop little throwaway things that the fans will go nuts over. This can happen at any level, from scriptwriter, to boarder, to director.
>>
>>30762637
>Thorax will outlive Rarity
>Thorax will love Spike unconditionally
>Thorax can be any pony Spike desires but Spike prefers him as himself
>Thorax will always have Spike as a friend
>Thorax will regret for eternity that Spike is straight and has no interest in him that way
>>
>>30764999
>Thorax will regret for eternity that Spike is straight
Please, Spike is going for that hole as soon as dragon puberty hits. Need to put that sexual energy somewhere and if Thorax is ready and willing then gender won't matter.
>>
>>30764999
he can use his magic to make himself a boypuss
>>
>>30762661
but his voice is cute
>>
>>30765081
>dragon puberty
>don't watch the show
Spike is short, not two.
It's been years since Luna returned and Spike was pining for Rarity even then. At this point Spike would just have to discover it himself.
>>
>>30765786
I'd quote Miller's off-the-cuff comment about dragon aging vs. dragon maturity, but I don't want to derail this into shitposting about DHX staff. tl;dr though, the crew at least still interprets Spike as a kid.
>>
>>30762637
they are just friends, there's nothing romantic about them

>>30762661
but his voice makes him cuter
>>
>>30762637
I cant belive how shitty his design is
>>
>>30766664
you could have complained about it back in October but I guess the bandwagon arrives almost a year later
>>
>>30762664
>Spike is his favorite restaurant
I want to eat sushi off spikes belly
>>
>>30763910
My dick didn't ask for this.
>>
>>30764606
Eh, im not even shipping Cheriemac but it was obvious that aniamtors teased the.
It doesn't need to be followed by canon. They teased Cheeriemac and Marble Mac and Dislestia but in the end Hasbro was going for Sugarbelle and Fluttercord. Thats because writing and animation happen in two different places and by different people and in a long time distance.
>>
>>30762652
BALD
>>
>>30764949
This is that i was refering to in my post
>>30766721
Dislestia wasn't even intended by the writer of this episode - McCarthy. It was a sequence added by Sibsy to give the shippers some fuel as she storyboarded this sequence. People take visual parts of the episode too much for granted when in reality, only something written on the script really matters.

New writers and story editors look at the scripts and base the new episodes on them. They don't look up episodes and pay attention to backgrounds or that the camera focused on Celestia when the script writes "Discord handled the flowers to the Princessesss as he apologised non verbally" while the animation show Discord looking like flirting with Celestia
>>
>>30766734
Same goes with CheerieMac. The scripts for Filly Vanilly was probably "Big Mac sing and audience go crazy" while animators added Cheerilee just like they added her as bg character in recent Spike episode when she came to greet Ember.

MLP is not as "tight" show as Steven Universe or Star Vs Forces of Evil where entire storyboard, visual cues and story sequence is closely approved and edited by th show creators since MLP no longer has it's creator. It's just Meghan and replacable story editors who don't pay attention to something with over 7 seasons.
>>
>>30765786
You're kind of retarded aren't you?
>>
>>30762637
A part of me twists in disgust against this idea because it has the word "progressive" all over it. But another side thinks that the story of a changeling falling in love is quite interesting and Thorax could be a good character for that.

That said, his design still fucking sucks and the less I see of it the better.
>>
File: 1503178947858.jpg (22KB, 400x363px) Image search: [Google]
1503178947858.jpg
22KB, 400x363px
>>30762652
She knows
>>
>>30764766
Sorry, I must have misunderstood you, you quadro faggot
>>
>>30767358
There is nothing progressive about a changeling king falling in love with a male dragon.
The heart wants what it wants.
>>
>>30762637
I think he and ember would make a good couple. They should unite and take over equestria
>>
>>30762637
Haven't watched for a while (SEASONS, actually)...is Thorax a fanfic character ascended into canon, or was he always a show character?
>>
>>30768089
He was originally a changeling (hopefully you at least remember them). He became their leader last season and had a metamorphosis of sorts in appearance during the s6 finale
>>
>>30768148
Yeah, I skipped seasons 5 - current.
>>
File: 793682458.jpg (435KB, 815x903px) Image search: [Google]
793682458.jpg
435KB, 815x903px
>>30762652
>>
So a lowly drone became a leader, huh? Good for him! Uh...how do they reproduce?
>>
>>30768584
They're designed to look like Rainbow Stag Beetles, so I'm guessing the same way they do.
>>
>>30762652
He likes to get touchy feely with Spike.
>>
>>30762661
His voice is adorable though.
>>
>>30762652
kek
>>
>Ember is the fandom on the outside
>Thorax is the fandom on the inside
>>
>>30765816
That is poor evidence. Faust herself, the maker of this universe, said that Luna isn't full grown yet. No one dismisses Luna and anything she done as "just a kid". Actually, there's more of a bases for Luna as Luna can acquire an adult form at a higher power while Celestia does not. At the same time, there's no wingless, magic breath dragon to measure with.
>>
>>30772015
Poor evidence for what? I hate to break it to you, anon, but there is no "real Spike" or "real Luna" where you're trying to determine the scientific truth. Canon's ultimate purpose is to be a solid core around which future stories are told, to make it seem more real in your head. The only true test of canonicity is whether something's remembered and liked enough to influence the story moving forward. Anything else can be retconned.

>Faust herself, the maker of this universe, said that Luna isn't full grown yet.
Lauren also said to take that with a grain of salt, because those sorts of character elements can and do change to suit the story.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.