[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: leans_in_43472.png (213KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
leans_in_43472.png
213KB, 640x360px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>30752094
Lady Writers, for giving Berrow another chance with tv series.
>>
>>30752094
hard to say: on one hand, professionals should NEVER take the full initiative on what should be done and what not, and at least try to follow the requests of the client even marginally.

On the other hand what she wanted was so completely bonkers and vague that it's no wonder they misunderstood. You don't call a professional to put a carpet into a forest, you just do it.
>>
>>30752094
Fluttershy, for letting her friends choose people that have nothing to do with building a sanctuary.

The only one that should've been there was the construction builder guy, and he did fuck up by being lazy and using blueprints for an old project, but Fluttershy should've elaborated more herself.

The designer was useless. Why the fuck would forest animals care about design?

The AJ recolour was a retarded strawman
>whatever you do, don't use cages
>welp, time to use some cages

This was just a very very stupid episode as a whole
>>
>>30752094
Great moral, but heavy handed as fuck and not to mention hypocritical considering the asshole executive who wrote this.

What I enjoyed about it is how those 3 were aware that they're not capable of doing it and are way over their heads. Yet the idiots instead of calling it quits at the right time, still pretended they know shit about nature.

Vogel/Fluttershy's "epic" speeches were cringeworthy as fuck. Apparently this is how Vogel feels when he tries to write an episode and how he comes off of as. A complete retard.

This moral is exactly what goes inside a typical project, be it a cartoon or an architecture. You need 1 creative lead and the workers, sometimes there's 1 worker(that old dwarf pony) that also acts as a second creative vision.

For some cartoons like Futurama and The Last Airbender, the writers end up helping the cartoon show tenfold, but while still maintaining the original vision(despite how garbage it is). Probably why Simpsons and Legend of Korra ended up so shit, while Futurama's seasons 6-7 ended up being just as good as seasons 1-5)
>>
File: Capture.png (71KB, 1267x187px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
71KB, 1267x187px
Everyone else but the cute adorable pony, obviously.
>>
Mike Vogel, who else could be wrong?
>>
>>30752094
Not fluttershy. She basically gave them direct instructions about what to do, except the builder but I'll get to that later.

For that stuck up prick she said "Give the this color please" and he was like "nah I don't like that color, I'll go out of my way to choose a color that the client didn't want". So he's clearly in the wrong

For that bitch witht th cages, she's clearnly in the worng too. DFlutterbutter clearly asked for lil homes for those stupid ass animals but she gave her fucking cages becasuee "muh strong" or soemthing

That builder guy, while not given the exaact details of what to wmake, made the exact opposite. He should have either done his bes to replicate her stupid ass drawing or told her she was being too vague.
>>
>>30752147
>while Futurama's seasons 6-7 ended up being just as good as seasons 1-5)

what the fuck
>>
Fluttershy was in the wrong. Let the professionals do their job if you're gonna be a vague bitch who doesn't know what she wants.
>>
>>30752094
literally everyone. especially fluttershy for not detailing any of what she wanted, then blowing up at the experts she hired (for free) because they couldn't read her mind. the message at the end is the worst part of the whole episode
>>
>>30752094
everyone, just_ everyone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_design
>>
>>30752107
>The builder guy fucked up for using old blueprints
The WRITERS monumentally fucked up with that. It's not how building shit works. There's a system.

First you call the land survey team. They map out the area. Then you get soil samples so you know what kind of structure the ground can support and how deep you have to drive the foundations. Then somebody draws up a building plan. You can re-use blueprints for housing projects, but only if soil composition is similar over the whole area and you're not doing anything complex. A multi-story hospital is FUCKING COMPLICATED.

After you get your designs, you have a field engineer check the designs against the actual land and make sure the designs don't have anything impossible in them.

Finally, you start building.

In other words, the construction guy skipped a bunch of steps, decided to do a project that was way harder and way more expensive, used blueprints that were designed for a different land area, and justified it all by saying this plan was "easier" than a small landscaping project in a grassy field.

The construction dude fucked up on such levels that he'd lose his license. Fluttershy could have his ass in court over what a bad job he did. Basically, the writers didn't write a construction worker. It was just some empty, fictional bullshit to support their strange, obtuse lesson for the episode.
>>
>>30753246
are you the guy who did the essay on why fluttershy is wrong in suited for success?
>>
>>30753258
It's apples to oranges. Fluttershy making an uninformed rant at Rarity and landing herself a bird's nest for a hat worked with the message and lesson.

A trained professional ignoring the whole process of construction so that he'd be catastrophically wrong - thereby illustrating the moral of "don't trust licensed professionals because they'll do it wrong" - is insane.
>>
>>30753276
My name is Anon59 and I disapprove of this message.
Fluttershy's rant was absolutely correct otherwise she wouldn't able to sew Rarity a dress.
Fluttershy's french haute couture dress was a million times better than what Rarity came up the first and final time.

Suited For Success was a Hasbro mandate otherwise Rarity would have been in the wrong over her pathetic toyetic dresses and everyone would have used Fluttershy as the new dress designer and dress sewer.
Rarity was just a jealous cunt and her monopoly was bullshit. Anyone else could have designed better looking dresses than her.
>>
>>30752094

All of them for the same reason: the writers, but my biggest complaint was fluttershy.

Fluttershy actually has no fucking clue how an animal sanctuary works

AKA the WRITERS have no idea how animal sanctuary work

Its one of the main reasons I dislike fluttershy's character a lot, no one writing he knows anything about animals, or what they actually need, which wouldnt be so bad because of the fantasy setting, but this shit colors kid's opinions of real life zoos and sanctuaries, so its particularly annoying to see people depict things like this "no cages" bullshit.
Bitch, a good zoo or sanctuary *has* cages for the safety of guests and ALL the animals, including predatory ones, they're just properly made to support the life of the animal so people don't view them as the stereotypical bar-cages we saw here.

What flutters wanted wasnt a sanctuary, it was a preserve with in-built burrows to simulate a natural environment (which actually isnt good for recovering/injured animals, which is why this thing was being built for in the first place)
But she didnt know thats what she wanted, because the writers didnt know thats what she wanted.

And as I said, it wasnt just flutters, the job ponies were poorly written for similar reasons: the writers have no clue what they're talking about trying to write for other jobs or professions.
>>
>>30753309
You know what I thought was weird? The ponies micromanage animals in season one so much that they have to actually go to their burrows and wake them all up for spring, but the minute Fluttershy wanted a pond in the woods they couldn't do it.

How. I mean fucking how do they not know. Rarity literally makes the bird nests. The birds don't even build their own nests because the ponies do it, but specifically for this episode the ponies could not do shit one or two levels more hands-off than that.
>>
>>30752863
I find it interesting how everyone was too cowardly to even call her out on this. The word "vague" wasn't even mentioned. Nobody even said that they don't understand what she "designed" on her little girl drawings. Everyone just made an awkward face and didn't say jackshit.

This show has had honesty problems since season 1.
>>
>>30753454
This episode and the recent one was definetly the weakest. I still hope that we will get overall the best season with Lady Writers on board. Because let's be honest, next season with Haber as story ediotr is going to be much worse.
>>
>>30752096
Then why do all the seasons 2-7 episodes feel the same? same humour, same shitty personalities, same crappy songs, same voice directing and the same plotless, executionless trash.

Vogel never let even 1 episode out of his sight.
>>
>>30755217
Now now.

Season 3 is utter tripe.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.