[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We gotta get spike back.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: file.png (128KB, 341x487px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
128KB, 341x487px
We gotta get spike back.
>>
>>30747024
Why the fuck would you want him back?
>>
>>30747024
Did someone kidnap him?
>>
>>30747024
Nah
>>
>>30747064
I hope so
>>
>>30747060
he's good.
>>
Writers gave him good treatment lately, though I'm worried about next episode.

He already proved his (over)competence while helping Twilight to become princess. But now? He is just wasting potential. Twilight is already self-sufficient in every discipline, including socializing. Plus Glimmer is filling in and replacing some of Spike's responsibilities.

Therefore, it is a shame, that he still does housekeeping, while he could do greater things.
- Spike is perhaps the greatest "champion of friendship". He already proved his deeds in many loyalty (namely undying towards Twilight), generosity and so on.
- It was his decision to gave up on scepter, befriend a changeling.
- I would love to see, that either Celestia or Luna would take into custody and train him to become some kind of noble / prince / ambassador / etc.
-- He already would fit into snobbish Canterlot society with his silver tongue.

I also hope, that Spike is adopted and is legally Twilight's sister.
>>
>>30747453
> in many loyalty
I meant
>in many Element's discipline, i.e. loyalty
>>
>>30747024
Why did I think of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNDnYLYXprA
>>
>>30747453
A Spike/Celestia or Spike/Luna episode would be good. Especially the latter, if she dreamwalked with him.
>>
>>30747565
>Spike dreamscape consists many fears:
>romantic rejection
>being unwanted
>being disowned
>being hated by ponykind
>being not loved
>being ignored
>being nobody
>>
File: 35793939.gif (933KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
35793939.gif
933KB, 220x250px
>>30747565
>>30747600
now i want a spike luna episode.
>>
>>30747453
Next episode will be fine as long as it doesn't make the same mistakes as SAYS.

Anyway, Spike 's strength right now is that he has his claws in multiple jars outside of Ponyvile.
>treated as a guest of great honor with the buffalo; stopped them from killing Dash and Pinkie
>has an in with Dragons and more so with Ember
>best buds with the king of changelings who is filled on Spike's love to stop out of control feedings
>worshiped as a hero by the crystal ponies who treat him better than their queen

Really since ponies are kind of stuck in on themselves, Spike would make a good ambassador of friendship or to help the other races gets along with each other.
>>
File: 1452394589624.gif (73KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452394589624.gif
73KB, 480x480px
>>30747064
I'd pay money for a kidnapper to keep the little gremlin.
>>
File: 1497878423034.png (76KB, 1506x963px) Image search: [Google]
1497878423034.png
76KB, 1506x963px
>>30747453
>>I also hope, that Spike is adopted and is legally Twilight's sister.

i have no Image to describe how much i'm keking right now
this was the best i could find in my phone's reaction Image folder
>>
>>30747679
Why?
>>
>>30747612
assuming he ever gets wings, hed make a really good ambassador between the various races. not only does he already have a great reputation with most of them, hes also going to live for many generations. he could learn the intricacies of every culture.
>>
>>30747679
Just my personal preference, that's all.

I am also fine, that he would be raised in nursery. But then, relationship with Twilight gives questions.
>>
We all know that Spike is just going to be increasingly relegated to the side. Nopony needs him or even wants him. There's going to be a future episode that will just be the main 6 all telling him that he is worthless and that he doesn't belong in either dragon or pony society. It will be 30 minutes of monologues pointing out how he spent his entire life being Twilight's bootlicker only to be made redundant in every single possible way, only to have the episode end with Rarity going out with some handsome stallion and telling him that he'll die a virgin.
>>
>>30747693
>>>I also hope, that Spike is adopted and is legally Twilight's sister.
you don't speak english as native, don't you?
>>
>>30747722
That's the material I would love to see as his nightmare
>>
>>30747709
wut
>>
>>30747759
thanks to sombra, we already know spikes worst fear is abandonment.
>>
>>30747722
now this I can fap to
>>
>>30747709
>>30747761 (me)
oh, i'm am idiot.

i'm not laughing at the idea, the idea IS good.

but your writed It wrong. read it again.
>>
>>30747706
He doesn't really need wings, though it would probably make a good episode.
>>
>>30747775
>>30747761
Holy shit, now when to think about it.

Of course I meant, that Velvet with Night Light had adopted him, therefore Spike is "legal" brother for Twilight.
>>
Beside his crush I love how deep him and Rarity bond is and it cute how she very close to him.
>>
>>30747789
there you go.

nice autocorrector by the way
>>
>>30747778
it would sure make all the traveling easier
>>
>>30747805
She's using him. He's a beta orbiter and she's planning on milking Spike for all that he's worth. All she needs to do is flash a little tail and that purple tailed cuck will do whatever she wants.
>>
>>30747024
Gas all spikefags.
>>
>>30747841
Are you I seen times she get worry when he in danger and she seems to enjoy having him around a lot.
>>
>>30747841
shes looking for someone who treats her like a princess, and spike literally sees himself as a knight in service to her.

https://derpibooru.org/482193
>>
>>30747886
Wouldn't you be worried if your slave was in danger? If spike dies she'll have to do everything herself.
>>
>>30747897
>who treats her like a princess

She wants a manly stallion to treat her like a princess, not some dragon sized Maxi pad like Spike. Also Spike doesn't even treat her like a princess, he treats her like he's her door mat. Furthermore she wants someone who is rich and royalty, and spike is Twilight's unpaid slave.

The only time Spike is going to get a chance to get his nut in some white pony pussy is if he cums on her tampons. QED.
>>
>>30747841
>>30747789
That would be a good lesson for Rarity about respecting friends and their feelings.
If she's supposed to be Spike's friend, then she would stop this long time ago.

How long is Spike is crushing on her? Years? Nearly a decade?
Where is Twilight, Cadence, Celestia? None of them bothers, with Spike's current state?

Should he ever be rejected by Rarity, I guess that would be devastating for him. I doubt, that he would forgive her that easily.
>>
>>30747949
It's more likely that he's going to fuck off permanently to Thorax or crystal ponies and Glimmy is going to take his place while he's reduced to a single cameo every season.
>>
>>30747949
fucking this.

i would like a chapter where either Spike realises that She doesn't feel the same, or one where Rarara realises she has been a bad friend with him

or better, an Episode where Spike gets a Crush with X and stops helping Rarity, and she realises how much she needs him and tries to gets him back.
>>
>>30747940
>Also Spike doesn't even treat her like a princess, he treats her like he's her door mat
im curious how you imagine someone behaves around royalty. as far as im aware, fulfilling their wishes unquestioningly and speaking to them with respect is how its supposed to be done.
>>
>>30747706
>assuming he gets wings
Like the other anon said. He doesn't need wings. I like that Spike is clearly so set apart in some ways from other dragons (magic fire breath; no wings). Equestria is mostly made of creatures pony sized or smaller. Spike's size allows him to get at their level and set their guard down a bit to engage in their customs/town. Which in turn, makes talks easier.

>>30747822
Ponies got to other places fine. And Spike could literally ask Celestia, Thorax, Ember, Cadance to sent someone to cart him around if need. Or just get Twilight or Little Strongheart to carry him around personally if he's in the neighborhood.
>>
>>30747949
>If she's supposed to be Spike's friend, then she would stop this long time ago.

While she views what's she doing as being his "friend", any outsider would see that she is clearly manipulative.

>Where is Twilight, Cadence, Celestia? None of them bothers, with Spike's current state?
- Twilight views Spike as nothing more than a servant/pet, incapable of any real feelings or agency.
- Why would Cadance care about her sister-in-law's dragon?
- Celestia sees Spike as nothing more than a convenient portal to send messages to Twilight. I'd even argue that Celestia views all dragons as being less than ponies, considering the fact that Equestria apparently harvests their eggs to be experimented on by their most gifted unicorns.
>>
>>30748060
if he never gets wings it would mean hes a drake, not a dragon, and i doubt other ponies want to chaperone him all over equestria even if he is an ambassador.
>>
>>30748074
> Twilight views Spike as nothing more than a servant/pet, incapable of any real feelings or agency.

not true. she sees him like a kind of son.

-she is not doing what she think Spike Will like more, is doing what Spike needs.
-she can't tell Spike what to do and what not to do, he has to think by himself, and realise what's happening
>>
>>30748074
i dont think every unicorn has to hatch a dragon egg to get in. that was likely a special exception requested by celestia on a hunch she had about twilight, or perhaps she knows something about her lineage that we dont.
shes a direct descendant of starswirl or clover the clever.
>>
>>30748044
There's a difference between respect and subservience. Look at how every other character treats Twilight versus how Spike treats Rarity.
>>
Are we really questioning if Twilight loves Spike? Again?
>>
File: 133126398915.png (483KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
133126398915.png
483KB, 1680x1050px
>"Spike, i need you to help me teach the rest of the dragons how to get along with ponies, come live in the dragonlands with me as ambassador."

I can almost physically FEEL his write-off coming, what with glimmer appearing to take his traditional role in the mane6 dynamic.
It's a fucking travesty.
>>
File: 95683568.png (771KB, 901x489px) Image search: [Google]
95683568.png
771KB, 901x489px
>>30748111
are you about to make the argument that other characters treat twilight with respect?
>>
>>30748105
if the theory posted on another thread is true, Celestia already know what is going to happen.
>>
>>30748095
> She sees him like a kind of son

In a very domineering mother sort of way, then yes. Spike has no real life outside of Twilight and her friends, he has no true freedom or has ever really made a decision on his own (or even been allowed to make a decision on his own).

>>30748105
>i dont think every unicorn has to hatch a dragon egg to get in

Doesn't change the fact that Celestia apparently stole some dragon's kid and used it to test her protege. And she didn't even just use Spike as a test, Celestia gave Spike to Twilight as a gift. Celestia views Spike as an object, not a person.
>>
>>30748122
What do you think treating someone with respect means?
>>
>>30748121
I think they'd play it off as something noble and respected and it would be like that season's Amending Fences or CoTLM, but it would still be BS.

>>30748138
>no real life outside of Twilight and her friends

Princess Ember? Thorax? Big Macintosh? Discord? Nearly every crystal pony? The buffalo?

>has no true freedom
You mean the character that has gone from city to city, unaccompanied?

>has ever really made a decision on his own
You mean like willingly sacrificing his reputation in the Crystal Empire for a friend? Or working with Ember after saving her life, then giving her the title?

>Doesn't change the fact that Celestia apparently stole some dragon's kid and used it to test her protege. And she didn't even just use Spike as a test, Celestia gave Spike to Twilight as a gift. Celestia views Spike as an object, not a person.

This is true though, and way, way worse if you read the IDW comic about this. Celestia herself is basically the main reason that until Twilight and her friends came along that none of the other creatures liked ponies. She legit doesn't see dragons as people despite them being sapient and probably still hates griffons and yaks.
>>
>>30748186
>This is true though, and way, way worse if you read the IDW comic about this
I can't recall that. Please remind me, which issue.
I remember FF issue with Celestia/Spike and I would get opposite vibe.
>>
>>30748186
My primary argument is that if Twilight were to disappear tomorrow he would basically be lost. His primary identity is that of Twilight's assistance, an identity completely based around someone else. A servile identity that Rarity takes advantage of.
>>
>>30748202
It was issue #40. Basically, she uses a baby Spike, something that is functionally an identical situation to a baby pony, as a test of responsibility for Twilight, in hopes that she would become friends with it and learn the value of friendship.

What it actually did was take Twilight, a pony who was actually making friends in her classes, and make her into a teenage mother. To the point where she yells at Spike and asks why he can't "be like Smarty Pants" which Spike baby talk corrupts into "Suh pah ike." Yes, that is the explanation for the name. Not only did Celestia give Spike to Celestia in the same way a parent gives a child a goldfish to test their responsibility, but she did so knowing that doing so would cause her to at first lose all of her friends, then later, with his help, become a recluse that didn't think she needed friendship.

Somehow this was written by the same person who wrote the story that you mentioned.

>>30748239
He would easily find another identity, he could move on if he had to.
>>
>>30748251
Thanks for reminding that issue. I nearly managed to forget about it.

I don't know how did you managed to imply Celestia's attitude toward Spike / dragons. I remember the issue for different reasons.
>>
>>30748081
>i doubt other ponies want to chaperone him around equestria
Twilight and him got carted in the first episode. Celestia and Luna have been transported even as they could fly. The crystal pony guards would probably beg to do it even if Spike didn't have a title for the job.

>>30748095
>a son
That is false. Even Spike said he doesn't view Twilight that way.
>>
>>30748251
>He would easily find another identity, he could move on if he had to.

He lacks the psychological tools in order to do so. He should have been living his life in a way that he wanted to and building an identity separate from all others. He lives his life day to day, unhappy that he's Twilight's assistant but is incapable of doing anything about it. That guy has a severe case of Peter Pan syndrome, one that was purposefully developed by those around him. Twilight doesn't encourage him to be his own dragon or do really anything other than aid her out. Even his dragon identity has been robbed of him because it doesn't sit well with pony society.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.